Trente

Where The Lights Are

Luhan wanted to be furious, he so badly wanted to be so. His eyes were narrowed and his cheeks were turning more and more red as he made his way back to his friend's dorm. He hated being lied to, he especially hated being lied to by an important person in his life. As soon as he barged through the door, a fantastic picture would paint it's way into Luhan's mind, and it would never leave. It washed away his anger, and the color in his cheeks softened as he smiled. Donghae was trying to teach Kibum and Mina how to do various kpop dances, while Kibum was gaining talent, and Mina was ultimately failing. All three had bright smiles on their faces, Mina's was the widest of course, her loud and infectious giggle filling the room.

"Yah! Luhan! You got the food!" Donghae yelled with a laugh, crossing the room to help Luhan carry the food to the little coffee table.

"Ah sweet, you even got diet." Kibum kissed the can of diet soda. "You know me so well." Luhan shrugged and smiled in reply.

"Hey, which movie do you wanna watch?" Mina suddenly popped up next to Luhan, leaning her head on his shoulder as she held out three movies. "There's Old Boy, Attack On The Pin-Up Boys, and Battle Royale, the Korean dub." she pouted, looking up towards Luhan.

He wanted to pull her into the hall and furiously ask why she was lying, but he couldn't. He was ashamed at his easy going nature. "Hmm... how about Battle Royale?" he kissed her forehead.

"Damn it!" Donghae yelled, his mouth full of chips. "I wanted to watch Attack On The Pin-Up Boys!" he moaned out.

"Well too bad, you're out voted." Kbum hissed, sticking his tongue out.


The last day of school was going rather well. The seniors dressed in ceremonial garments, while the younger students dressed normally. Since Mina, Luhan, Donghae, and Kbum are juniors, they were dressed simple, and sat at the front row along with their class mates, being the next seniors. The graduating students were to make their speeches, and the school day was cut short after the graduating ceremony. After that, seniors would return to their dorms to start packing, while the others would leave their things in their dorm rooms, having that room for all of their time at the school.

"Hey, when does the ceremony start?" Mina turned to Luhan, tapping his shoulder.

"In ten minutes, why?",

"Oh, good. I'll be right back." Mina smiled as she stood from her seat.

She made her way to the last set of rows, where guests like parents and friends from other schools could sit. Knowing where Choaya was sitting, she knew she'd find Y there as well.

"Hey, Choaya unnie, is Y unnie next to you?" Mina asked, bending down a little.

"Yeah." Choaya turned to Y, who was already starting to stand.

Y made her way past Choaya's legs, to Mina. Mina clutched onto the taller's hand, and lead her out of the auditorium, and into the outside hall. Y kept her hand on Mina's palm, knowing she'd have to trace out her answers. Mina sighed, her hand still stretched out.

"Hi mom." Mina bravely greeted.

Y's eyes went wide, her jaw dropping to the floor. She looked down at her small daughter, and when she was about to stay in character, she knew there was no point. Exhaling, she drew the words 'Hi honey' on Mina's palm.

"So... why didn't you tell me?",

"Was going to. On last day, senior." she revealed.

"You were gonna make me wait till then? Y!" Mina giggled, laughing.

"Mad? Happy? Why?" Y quickly spelled.

"Because the more I thought about it, the more I forgave you. I understand, you and dad were sixteen. Korea isn't so nice when it comes to teen pregnancy, so you were embarrassed and guilty. The fact that you wanted to look after me is sweet though, and I love that I've always had you by my side, even if I didn't know it." Mina explained, loving the feeling of her mother by her side.

Y didn't spell anything out on her daughter's palm, she stayed motionless. Yet, a huge weight on her chest had been lifted, and she felt free.

"But mom... what you're doing with Donghae oppa..." Mina began, feeling bad for her friend.

"e? I know. I'll end it.",

"I want you both to be happy but-" Mina began, not really knowing what to say, before being cut off.

"I am doing, wrong. I, thirty three, it's not right.",

Now it was Mina who stayed quiet and motionless.

"I never touched him.",

"You two didn't do anything like... that." Mina blushed and laughed at the topic. "Well, that's good. But... what will happen now?",

"I go.",

"Where?",

"Far.",

"Momma... don't leave me again." that alone broke Y's heart.

"Ok. But I'll move." Y traced.

"You'll move? To your own house? Alright." Mina nodded her head.

"It's time I live a real life, and not a fake one." Y bit her bottom lip.

Mina grinned, before quickly pulling her mother into a hug. She wrapped her arms around the taller woman, her face burried in her mother's shoulder. Y let a small tear drip from her eye, as she hugged her daughter back. This moment was one that both had wanted for a long time. The silence of the empty hallway was gently broke, as Luhan's soft words came to.

"Oh! Uhm... I'm sorry to interrupt." Luhan rubbed the back of his neck. "The ceremony is about to start and-",

"Luhan oppaaaaaaa!" Mina yelled out, running to her boyfriend's arms. "Woah! It is!? We should go then! Come on Unnie!" she waved to her mother, calling her unnie, not sure if Y wanted her secret out just yet. I'd love to call you momma...

Y wiped her eyes with the back of her hand and smiled, following the two love birds that were already sitting at their seats by the time she pushed the doors open.