Dix

Where The Lights Are

WARNING.

MAJOR SPOILERS ABOUT THE ANIME 'DEATH NOTE' AHEAD.

Just saying...


Mina was the school's number one target. Almost every kid would ignore her, and half of them would . But she didn't care. The list of bullied victims was pretty low, and it included Mina, Choaya, a kind boy with learning disabilities, and a transfer student from germany who's korean had a very heavy accent. That was all there was, however, another person was added to the list a couple days after the 'are you learning chinese?' incident. It was none other than Kibum, Luhan and Donghae's long time friend and member of the group.

"Kibummie oppa!" Mina ran to the lunch table one day, cheeks and eyes drenched in tears. She ran straight to him and wrapped her arms around his shoulders from behind. "I heard what the others were saying. I'm sorry! I'm so, so sorry!".

Of course, she was talking about the incident from two days ago. Kibum, after years of denial, finally realised he was gay. When he confessed to his homophobic and all around not mentally well father, he hung himself out of shame. This left Kibum orphaned, as his mother had left when he was fifteen. The next day, kids spared him no moment of silence, only calling him 'orphan ' and 'dead-dad-gay-guy' among other things. As soon as Mina found out, she instantly took it to heart, and her whole day up until lunch had been spent quietly mourning for her friend. Kibum slowly touched Mina's hand and lowered his head.

"It's ok Mina. I'm fine." he whispered.

"No Kibum! No! You're not fine, I can hear it in your voice. Saying it's fine only makes the pain worse." she mumbled in his shoulder.

"Luhan..." Kibum whispered, staring remorsefully at his friend.

Luhan took the message and nodded, slowly standing up and prying Mina off Kibum and into the seat in between them. She sat there, still sniffling and whinning. While most would find it annoying, the group did not. In a weird way, Mina was acting on the outside how Kibum was feeling on the inside. He gently patted her back and sighed.

"Really, Mina. Shhh... I'm fine, I'm fine." he muttered.

She shook her head, however, the group could only see a pile of hair. "I'm sorry." she apologised again.

For him.

For embarrassing the group.

For being a child.

She was sorry.


"I'm just saying! L should have lived through a couple more episodes!" Mina walked and talked next to Luhan. The two were in the middle of a disagreement on how long L should have lived in the anime, Death Note.

"No way! If Rem hadn't killed him, he would've caught Light, and the series would just end right there!" Luhan's arms flailed around.

"Even so, Light still could've found a way to kill even in prison!" she argued back.

"HOW!?",

"DON'T ASK ME! HE'S A GENIUS! HE'LL FIGURE IT OUT!",

"I DON'T BELIEVE ANY OF THAT CRAP.",

"WELL FINE THEN!".

The two ended up almost falling down from laughing so hard, when all of a sudden, they heard faint chanting down the hall. They glanced at each other, then back down the hall, and in unison, starting sprinting towards the chaos. They found numerous students crowded around another student. The kids were throwing both objects and insults at the boy, and as soon at Luhan and Mina heard the words 'gay' and 'suicide', they knew it was Kibum. Mina was like a honeybadger, she was pint sized and fearless. Shoving her way through the crowd of mostly boys who could all easily kill her in a minute, she found herself in front of a terrified Kibum curled up in a ball on the floor. She took the position of standing in front of Kibum with her arms stretched out in their respective directions. Her face was stern, her eyes narrowed, all the voices quickly died down.

"STOP THIS, NOW!" she screamed.

"M-mina!" Luhan yelled to her.

"Mina...?" Kibum cautiously looked up.

"HE'S A HUMAN BEING, JUST LIKE YOU. SO STOP THIS, THERE'S NO NEED FOR IT!" she cried out.

"Shut up, dumb ." Kai spat at the ground beneath her, a small puddle of spit next to her left shoe.

"Move your , now." Siwon attempted to move her, only to receive a slap across his face.

"I told you. To. Stop. Now." Mina said through clenched teeth.

"Mina, don't!" Luhan tried to push through the crowd, but he wasn't slim and small enough to ninja his way through like Mina had.

"I'll count to five." Kai threatened. "And if you aren't gone by five, your ity and healthy bones are mine.".

"MINA!" of all times, Luhan left his emergency pocket knife back at his dorm.

"One.",

"Mina! Just run!" Kibum yelled up at her.

"Two.",

She simply stayed silent, eyes never daring to look away, even though she wasn't actually looking.

"Damn, where are the teachers!?" Luhan was frantic now, heart beating, sweat drenching his body.

"Three.",

"Mina please! Please!" Kibum pleaded.

"Four.",

"You're so stupid! For the sake of your life, move!" the deer boy had tears streaming down his face now.

"Five.".

Blood sprayed across Kibum's face and the wall behind him. That eery crack of bone was heard. Mina's body slumped back.

"MINA!".