Treize

Where The Lights Are

"I made cookies!" Mina sang, drawing out the 'I', 'a', and 'e' sounds.

Luhan spit his water back in it's bottle. He wiped his mouth and smiled. She cooks now?

"How and why!?" he chuckled as Mina sat in one of the lawn chairs. It was just another friday.

"Ryeowookie oppa helped me, and I felt like it. Plus... well..." she played with her fingers. "Donghae oppa said he liked chocolate chip, so... I thought I'd make them as a peace offering. You know, a little thing to show that I still consider him one of the best people." she grinned.

Man, remind me to make Mina angry. She'll make cookies later, Luhan thought, coughing to cover a giggle.

Mina carefully peeled away the sheet of tin foil, and revealed a glass bowl filled with the little brown speckled cookies. She held them out, grinning, waiting for every one to take one. Somehow, she had guessed right where Donghae was sitting, and her eyes were looking straight towards him, bright, cloudy, and happy all at the same time. The sea boy hesitantly took a cookie and bit into it, looking up at Mina the whole time. As soon as he released a near silent chuckle, Mina squealed.

"Ah! You like them, don't you!?" she cheered.

"They're delicious." Donghae confirmed.

"No question." Luhan mumbled, stuffing three of the smaller cookies in his mouth.

"Damn... these are some amazing cookies." Kris muttered, his fingers.

"I'm glad you like them." a calm, monotone voice said.

Luhan's mouth seemed to drop from his face, and the girliest scream was emitted. He flailed his hands up, the others not knowing if he was adding an effect or was being completely serious. It was then, that the group noticed the small schizophrenic young man, Ryeowook. He was slumped down on the grass, next to the chair Mina was sitting in. He even managed to scare her, seeing as how she was clutching onto where her heart is located.

"Wookie!" Mina yelped, slapping his arm. "Don't scare me like that!" she whinned.

"And... what is he doing here?" Kris raised his eyebrows.

"I'm just checking out where Mina lives and spends her days." Ryeowook pouted, turning his head in all directions, observing his surroundings.

"B-But... you didn't even tell me you were coming here!" the innocent girl giggled.

Ryeowook shrugged. "Heechul was bothering me... I just... felt like following you.".

There was an awkward silence, that somehow, every one seemed to not care about. Once Mina set the cookies down in the middle of the semi circle, everybody silently sat there, eating cookies. No words were said, no words needed to be said, they all listened to the sounds of nature and the gentle chewing. Choaya, meanwhile, simply looked around and off into the distance. Out of the corner of his eye, Luhan saw one of the most heart warming scenes. Ryeowook nudged his way in between the chairs Mina and Choaya were sitting in, and, grabbing their palms, he spelled out the words to describe the sounds for Choaya and drew little pictures of the sunset for Mina. His left hand held Choaya's hand, his right held Mina's. Luhan didn't know it then, but it was sort of like a calming tradition the three had. It gave Choaya an idea of the song the world had, it gave Mina a picture to think about, and it gave Ryeowook a distraction from the angry, taunting voices in his head. The deer smiled.


Soon, Luhan found himself carrying Mina, and watching as Kris gently guided the stubborn yet sleepy Choaya. After all the cookies had been eaten, the very quiet Kibum was the first to notice that the two girls had fallen asleep. Kris had accidently awoken Choaya when he first tried picking her up, and he received a knock on the head when he tried to help her again. Mina, however, was out like a light, and didn't even twitch when Luhan picked her up. Now, he was carrying her to her dorm, looking down at her fluttering eye lashes and plush lips every now and then. A couple minutes later, after the older girl chose going to her boyfriend's house, and Ryeowook gave an awkward wave goodbye to return to the large shared house, Luhan was slowly lowering Mina down on her bed, her body instantly molding to the pillows and blankets the scattered the bed. As he was standing up, he heard her soft voice whisper.

"N-no... bears can't talk..." Mina was sleep talking.

Holy crap. No way, this is just... too adorable.

"Lemme see the cake... hah hah, you're dumb. I can't see, you dummy." she smiled in her sleep.

Oh come on! I feel weird standing here, but... how can I leave!?

"Luhan..." she mumbled, said boy's eyes growing wide. "Luhan oppa... I'll give you the money if you get me some ice cream." he clutched at his jaw, trying hard not to laugh. "I do to! I've got the money!" she pouted. "No... boy, get over here! I wanna say something to you. You and your funny face get over here..." he softly gasped, hoping that maybe she was dreaming out loving him.

What if she's dream confessing? Please, please, please be dream confessing!

"Donghae... don't tell Luhan, but... I stole his comics. They're in Unnie's pillow. Tee hee... I wonder how long it'll... take him to find... uh... out. Ha!" and Luhan automatically turned to Choaya's bed, picking up her pillow and turning it over, a small pile of comics falling out of the pillow case. He chuckled.

Sneaky sneaky sneaky.

And then, suddenly feeling very awkward, Luhan stepped out of Mina's room, satisfied with knowing a secret, as those were his favorite things.



I just wanna tell you guys (readers) something.

Somebody (who shall not be named), messaged me and asked if Mina and Choaya were OC's.

I wanna tell you that they are members of the girl group AOA, or, Ace Of Angels. Jiminel, Y, and Hyejeong are members as well. Yeah, just clearing that up since they aren't really that popular of a group ^-^