Vingt-Cinq

Where The Lights Are

Bring! Bring! Bring!

The school bell rung through, telling every one that lunch was beginning. Mina hurriedly piled up her books, excited to see Luhan and the gang. Before she could dash out the door, she bumped into the back of a taller figure, some of her books tumbling to the floor.

"Oh! I'm sorry! I wasn't paying attention to how fast I was going and my surroundings. My apologies!" she giggled, crouching down on her knees to pick up her belongings.

"You should be sorry, dumb ." a deep voice hissed, Mina's spine shivered at it's sound.

She knew that voice, and she thought she'd never have to hear those words from that voice again. She slowly tilted her head upwards, as if she was looking at the figure. "... Jongin-oppa?" she whispered, hesitating.

"What did you just call me?" he muttered.

"You... you told me to call you Jongin... I... I thought-",

", I told Siwon to look after me when I get drunk." he sighed, glancing over at his partner in crime, who was just walking over.

"What did you tell me to do?" Siwon's eyes widened a bit in curiosity.

"Look after me when I get drunk, you idiot! I must've said something stupid to her, and now she think's we're friends." Kai shook his head, placing a foot on the textbook Mina was about to pick up.

"Well, you are a very angel-like drunk." Siwon teased, getting a punch to the shoulder from his friend.

"P-please, could you take your shoe off my book... please?" Mina was shaking, she was terrified.

"I'm gonna say no." Kai chuckled.

"Kim Jongin, Choi Siwon, get to lunch." a deep, baritone voice suddenly called out.

Kai froze a little, eyes glancing to the tall figure standing above them now. "Yes Mr. Park." both boys said, Kai kicking the book harshly to Mina's knees.

Mina quickly gathered her books and breathed a breath of relief, standing up when she felt a presence before her. "Thank you Mr. Park." she bowed a full ninety degrees.

"No, I'm sorry for failing as a teacher, I and the other teachers really should've pulled the reigns on those two long ago." Chanyeol apologised, suddenly sensing the awkward air between them. He laughed, and gently pat Mina's head. "Now get to lunch, I bet your friends are waiting." he smiled, sticking his hands in his pockets.

Mina bowed again. "I really can't thank you enough." she giggled as she ran out of the classroom and to her locker.


"Okay, no, wait. What the eff?" Kibum blurt out, being the first to notice Luhan's arm around Mina's shoulder on that friday.

His voice raised the attention of the others, their eyes pulling away from the field and sunset to notice Mina and Luhan stuffed together on a single chair, Luhan's arm protectively around Mina's shoulder. Her head rested on his hand.

"So... are you two... together now?" Kibum asked.

"Oh , forgot to tell you guys." Luhan laughed, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Crap! We did forget, didn't we?" Mina giggled, covering and smile.

"You two are so dumb." Choaya shook her head. "Both of you have been so obvious about liking each other, but you wait until the end of the school year to get together? Aish. At least Kris and I started dating at the middle of a school year. Graduation is in two weeks.",

"So? Can't we see each other over the summer?" Luhan asked, shrugging.

"You didn't tell him?" Choaya cocked her head.

"Tell me what?",

"No unnie, I didn't tell you." Mina whispered rather loudly.

"Wait what?" Luhan was still clueless.

"What didn't you tell me?" Choaya questioned.

"I rescheduled it." Mina smiled.

"Re-what?",

"You rescheduled it and didn't tell me?",

"I was gonna tell you!",

"OKAY! ONE OF YOU TWO GOTTA EXPLAIN, NOW." Donghae yelled, holding both arms up.

"I was going to travel to America to see my parents... just see how they were doing, catch up, see if they'll accept me as their child. But... we've never had anything, so I emailed them and explained that something emotionally bigger turned up, and they were more than happy as they're dreading my visit anyway. So... I'll go some other time. Maybe after college." Mina explained, nudging her head into Luhan's hand.

"That's really romantic if you think about it." Kris mumbled.

"Oh Minaring, you scared me there. I didn't know what to expect." Choaya sighed, hand on her forehead.

Ring-ding-dong. Ring-ding-dong. Ring diggi ding diggi ding ding ding.

"Oh, crap, phone." Kris huffed, pulling out his phone, accidently dropping his beer can in the process. "Yello?" he spoke.

"KRIS! , NO STAY BACK! PUT MINA ON THE PHONE, NOW! NO, GET AWAY DEMON!" Zhou Mi yelled into the phone, part of his screaming sounded like it was being said to another person.

"Uhm... it's for you?" the eldest shrugged, leaning forward to give Mina the phone.

"Hiyo?",

"MINA! RYEOWOOK'S INSANE!" Zhou Mi's panicked voice screamed.

"I WANT HEECHUL APPA!" the men-children's voice cried from the background.

"What's going on!?",

"HE THREW A KNIFE AT MY HEAD!" the Chinese man yelped.

"Why are you at my house? Where's Heechul? Oh hell, tell me what happened?" Mina had already leapt from her seat, now pacing back and forth, the group concerned.

"Jiminel and I were watching Ryeowook, Sungmin, and Minseok, and then Jiminel went to the grocery store to get candy. NO, WE'RE NOT LETTING YOU IN! And out of no where, he throws a knife at my head saying 'the voices say you plan to hurt my family!', and now the two and I are locked in some room, I think it's yours. Jiminel left her phone here, she won't be back for another twenty minutes, and nobody will be home for a few hours unless you get here. STAY BACK RYEOWOOK! I SWEAR TO JEBUS. At least tell me what to do!" Zhou Mi's words were fast paced and rushed, and judging by the background chaos, the twins were probably curled up under her desk, and Ryeowook was probably pounding his fist against the door.

"Okay, there's a taser under my pillow," Mina began.

"WHAT?" Kibum exclaimed, not knowing what context the sentence was in.