Vingt-Six

Where The Lights Are

After the events of that friday afternoon, it came time for Mina and Luhan's turn to babysit the two man-children and Ryeowook. The family had arranged a process of in and out babysitters. So for friday morning, Heechul and Hangeng were watching over the three, the afternoon went to Jiminel and Zhou Mi, and the night went to Mina and Luhan. Tomorrow would be Yunaria and Sehun, followed by Y and Hyejeong, but that's another, less hectic story. With Mina's direction over the phone, Zhou Mi had literally jumped out of the room, and shocked Ryeowook with the taser on the smaller man's right forearm. By that time, Jiminel had arrived home to find her 'brother' on the floor, her friend about to faint, the two under Mina's bed, and a few kitchen knives in the wall. Now, Mina was happily standing on her house's doorstep (as she was too lazy to get her keys from her backpack) after ringing the doorbell, and Luhan was nervously tapping his foot, knotting a bit of string to calm his nerves.

The door swung open. "THANK. GOSH." Jiminel huffed, grabbing Zhou Mi's finger and marching out the door with the giant-like man trailing behind her. "They're your problem now!" she shouted.

"Oh! And don't call us, we're going out drinking with some friends and we probably won't hear our phones." the Chinese man called out, finally yanking his finger away from the tiny girl's even more tiny hand.

"Alright! See you two later!" Mina cheerfully beamed, waving to the older two. She turned to Luhan, still smiling. "Come on, let's go inside.".

As soon as Mina closed the door behind herself and Luhan, the two came running into view, almost crushing Mina with bear-like hugs. "MINAMINAMINA!" they both yelled, laughing.

"Hey hey, don't crush me, sillies!" Mina giggled, lightly pushing the two away. "Were you good to Jiminel and Zhou Mi?" she asked like a mother.

"Of course! We were awesome! So awesome, that Jiminel gave us mochi!" Sungmin bragged.

"Yeah yeah! Wookie even gave us candy to say sorry. It was soooo gooooood!" Minseok laughed, spinning in a circle.

"Really? I bet! Say," she bent down a bit, even though she was only taller by a few centimeters, and whispered, "aren't you gonna say hi to our guest?".

The two man-children turned to Luhan, who warmly smiled at them. Sungmin smiled. 

"HI LUHAAAAAAN!" he cheered, bowing slightly.

"I'mma call you Lulu." Minseok stated, chewing on his bottom lip in an adorable way.

"Uhm... ok!" Luhan smiled. "It's about eight, right? I don't smell any food, so I'm guessing you haven't had anything to eat.",

"Yeah! Jiminel said that you two would feed us!" Minseok exclaimed, talking in a childish voice.

"She was too drunk to cook. Zhou Mi too." Sungmin rolled his eyes, pointing to three empty bottles of soju sitting on the coffee table.

"Oh my gosh! They're so irresponsible." Mina muttered, stomping to the kitchen. "How about... sushi? You guys said you already ate mochi, so how about some more Japanese food?" she called from the kitchen.

"YES! Oh my gosh, suuuuushi! Sushi! Sushi!" the boys cheered, running up the stools by the kitchen window.

The house's kitchen was quite large, Luhan noted as he followed Mina into the room, but one wall had a huge open rectangle that had little counters on either side, with stools under them. The two men happily sat on the chairs, looking around with excitement as Mina pulled rice and various vegetables and fish from the refrigerator.

"How should I help?" Luhan quietly asked, standing by Mina as she poured rice into a cooker.

"Hmm... can you start chopping the vegetables?" she asked.

"Sure thing." he smiled, quickly kissing her cheek.

Luhan slowly carried a cutting board, a knife, and a few vegetables over to the counter by the window, now being only a few feet from the two.

"So... you guys are dating now?" Sungmin asked, squinting his eyes.

"Uh, yeah. Are you two gonna tell me that you're her knights and that she's too good for me?" Luhan chuckled.

"Well, yeah, but you just stole our joke." Minseok pouted.

"You're cool, bro. You're cool." Sungmin nodded, reaching over to shake Luhan's hand.

Luhan stayed silent, slowly turning around to look at Mina. "Mina? How old did you say they were?" he awkwardly asked.

"Sungmin is twenty-two, mind of an eleven year old. Minseok is twenty-one, mind of a ten year old. Though... with the amount of T.V. they watch, I doubt it if their personalities were typical eleven and ten year olds." Mina explained, not turning around.

Luhan pouted, turning around to face the two, before reaching out and shaking Sungmin's hand. "Glad to be accepted.".


"Mina..." Sungmin yelled, half eaten mochi still in hand. "... Mina..." no answer. "... MINA!" he was crying now.

"Oh my goodness!" Mina came rushing in to see a tear stain cheeked Sungmin standing in the middle of the living room. She used her apron (which she was too lazy to take off) to dry his cheeks. "What's wrong?" she asked, concerned.

Sungmin slowly pointed ahead, too scared to remember Mina's sightless state. But Mina felt his arm go up, and she turned her head towards the direction. Sungmin was pointing to a big, plushy maroon chair. The chair was slightly turned a few inches from it's normal spot, and it was cloaked in white rope. Suddenly, Mina felt the room get cold, and a chill ran up her spine. She held her hand out and touched the rope and chair, now knowing what the older was talking about.

"What is it?" she questioned. "It's just the chair." she reasoned.

"Ryeowook was tied to that chair." Sungmin gulped. "Jiminel and Zhou Mi tied him there to keep us safe... and now he's gone." Sungmin started violently shaking.

"..." Mina cursed, pulling Sungmin close and feverishly looking around the room.

"What's going on? It's super quiet out there?" Luhan asked, looking out the kitchen window to see Sungmin clutching to Mina, and Mina purely terrified.

She harshly put a finger to her lips and whispered. "Watch Minseok.".

Luhan nodded and looked to his right, where an equally confused Minseok stood with a full mochi to his lips. He held the older's hand, and looked to Mina, nodding. Mina nodded back, and grabbed Sungmin's hand.

"We're gonna go to the kitchen, ok?" her whispered voice was high pitched. "And we're gonna run, ok? When I say go, I want you to run to the kitchen." she waited a few moments, looking around, before she started counting down on her fingers. "Three... two... one... go!" and that's when the two started running.

Sungmin was pushed ahead by Mina, but their hands stayed locked together. They pushed open the kitchen door and ran frantically into the other two men, Luhan holding onto Mina, trying to protect her like he knew he should.

"What's happening?" Luhan asked again.

"Wookie's missing.",

"Mina.." Sungmin began crying again as he tugged on the hem of Mina's dress.

"He is? What are we gonne do?" Luhan gasped.

"Zhou Mi put the taser back under my pillow, so... I'll have to run there and back." Mina planned.

"Mina..." he pulled a bit harder.

"Hell no! I'm not letting you go out there! Can't we call the police!?" the deer boy tried.

"Mina!" Minseok pulled on her sleeve.

"Your phone and mine is in my room too. There are no other phones in the house.",

"MINA!" Minseok's scream drew Mina and Luhan's attention to Ryeowook, who had one foot through the kitchen window, one arm holding the frame, his other foot on the other side of the counter, and one hand holding a knife.