Vingt-Quatre

Where The Lights Are

They have a mere high schooler's budget, so the best Luhan could do was a little bowl of ramen noodles, not that he hated them, it was all he could afford. As he sat by the little microwave in the dorm's room, he simply couldn't stop staring at the little blind girl on his bed. She sat on the edge, happily staring off into the distance, like she always did, sniffling every new seconds.

"Luhan, can I ask you a few questions to pass the time?" she suddenly asked, hoping off the bed and sitting by the little floor table that Luhan had pulled to the center of the room.

"Fire away." he replied, coughing a little.

"Ok, why did you come to a sleep-away school? I wanted to explore and meet people, but what about you?",

"I guess I'm the same. My parents are a bit over protective, and after getting a job and convincing them that I can function on my own, they let me come here." Luhan shrugged, glancing at the still cooking noodles.

"You have a job? Why didn't you tell me? Wow... heh, since when are you mature?" Mina giggled.

"Oh, very funny." he chuckled. "But yes, I tutor elementary kids on the weekends, and although I don't get paid very much, I ration my money. What about you though, don't you have a job?",

"Why yes, I do. I work from home, on my computer, but I'm a language instructor. I teach people Korean." Mina proudly said, crossing her arms.

"How?",

"Through video chatting. I teach a class every monday night to three people, since I'm more awake at night, and the people are in the U.S.A.." she explained.

"Ah, I see... why are we only learning these things about each other now?" Luhan tilted his head a bit.

"I don't know... I guess it never came up in a conversation. That, or the author just now thought of it...",

"What was that last part?",

"Nothing! Ok, next question... hmmm... crap, I can't think of anything." Mina pouted.

Luhan, being the cheeky boy he was, quickly leaned forward and pressed his lips to Mina's already puckered ones. Her eyes widened at the surprise touch, and she gently pinched his cheek as she smiled into the kiss. She normally would've shoved him away in fear of letting him catch her cold, but he was sick as well, so it didn't matter to her. She placed her palms to his cheeks and pulled him forward a little further. After about a minute he pulled away, looking into her foggy eyes, and he grinned when he heard a little 'ding'.

"Soup's done." he mumbled, pecking her lips for a quick second, before swiftly turning around to get the food.

"Urgh, that boy..." she muttered, positioning her body more towards the table.

"I hope you don't mind but," Luhan started as he set the little cup on the table," I only have one ramen cup, so we'll have to share.".

"Did you plan this?" Mina narrowed her eyes as she accepted some chopsticks and a spoon from Luhan.

"Of course not! It's just by chance." he laughed, half lying as he had purposely saved a cup for Mina and himself to share, he simply didn't know when he'd use it.

"Whatever you say.".

The two sat in a slightly awkward silence as they sipped and ate the warm contents of the soup, both of them turning away to cough what seemed like every five seconds. Although it was a bit spicy for her taste, Mina still ate the soup, careful to not eat more than her share. She was never a picky eater, and she was known in her family as the one person to never share food with, but Luhan didn't know that. It was a bad habit she'd acquired after attempting to go on a diet back in sixth grade, and only lasting a week, the day after she quit being the day the refrigerator went half empty. However, this time around, she tried her hardest to not take more than half, as unlike her family who she saw almost every day and didn't mind annoying, she cared for Luhan and didn't want to make him angry. Although the more she got to know the silly deer boy, the more she began to not give a damn, especially with the next thing he did.

"Ah! Aish..." he hissed, cheeks getting a bit red from the pain.

"Oh! What's wrong?" she began to panic, eyes getting larger and more worried.

"I burned my lip on a hot piece of tofu... can you kiss it to make it feel better?",

Mina was speechless, her jaw dropped and her cheeks were rising in laughter. "Are you serious!? Luhan! Aish... did Donghae teach you that?" she chuckled, slurping a few more noodles.

"He might've... but I seriously did burn my lip. F-ing tofu..." he mumbled.

Mina giggled, shaking her head. She decided to give in though, as she leaned forward and across the table, and gently kissed him. She sat back, laughing, still holding her chopsticks.

"There, all better? You dummy." her grin was far too big, yet it was adorable.

"Yes, I feel much better. Thank you, my dear Mina." he said, in a highly monotone voice.

"Oh, I forgot to tell you, next friday, I have to babysit Sungmin, Minseok, and Wookie." Mina said, mouth full of noodles.

"Oh yeah, Sungmin and Minseok... can I help you?" he asked, shoving a few pieces of tofu into his mouth, carefully blowing on them beforehand.

"If you wanna... it's gonna get hectic... especially with Wookie oppa..." she muttered, hissing a bit.

"Why Ryeowook? He's an adult, right?",

"Well yeah, but his meds are running out, and we can't get any more until next month. We would take him to the hospital, but they're on a shortage of meds as well. By the time thursday hits, he's gonna be cranky, quiet, and homicidal." Mina explained, saying 'homicidal' as if it was nothing.

Luhan, however, choked a bit. "Homicidal? HOMICIDAL!? You mean he's gonna try to kill us?" he shouted.

"Well, he might, but we all carry tasers, and I can give you one of the spares. He should stay quite docile for most of the night, but we need to watch him just in case." she nodded.

"Oh my god...",

"That's just how my family is... I'm sorry if this scares you. Really, it's nothing to be too frightened of." she waved her hands back and forth.

"Listen, I love you, and I love your family as well. And if they try to kill me, well, it's worth it because I get to have you all for myself.",

"You're such a cheeseball. But I am too, because I love you as well, and there's nobody else I'd rather be with." she smiled, the last noodle to her lips.