Dix-Sept

Where The Lights Are

"The beach!" Mina exclaimed as she sang, sitting at the edge of her bed while Choaya fixed her hair into two Chinese style buns.

"The beach, beach, beach!" she cheerily clapped her hands.

"What will I do with you?" Choaya mumbled, kneeling behind her 'sister' on the bed. She stuck her tongue out slightly, before patting Mina's head and smiling. "There! It's perfect." she crossed her arms in satisfaction.

Mina's hands slowly ghosted their way up to her hair, and she let her fingers gently graze the ox horns. She instantly smiled, loving the feeling of no weight on  her neck.


"The beach!" Mina jumped out of the house's back door, and found herself running around on boiling hot sand.

The house was literally on the beach, so she had no trouble finding the magical place she'd been singing about almost all morning. The hot sand burned and s through her toes, only to quickly fall through the cracks as Mina hopped from one place to the next. She knew her feet would ache soon enough, but at this point, she didn't care. She had only ever been to the beach once, when she was five. Heechul had bought the house only a year ago, but school had kept her from any vacation type thing.

While the blind one happily skipped about, Choaya and Kris were the next to enter the beach, Kris immediately having a panic attack after the sand touched his feet, and Choaya having almost dropping everything from laughing. Heechul and Hangeng were next, Hangeng's arm already protectively around Heechul's shoulder, sun shades sitting upon their noses and eyes. The two seemed to be celebrities, walking on the burning sand with a straight face. Luhan was last, having forgot to style his self proclaimed 'gorgeous locks'. He bolted out the door as soon as he could, releasing a yelp, and nearly running into Mina when he ran to the cool ocean to soothe his burning feet.

"You're so stupid, Luhan oppa." Mina giggled, sitting on the sand a few feet away from the damp sand that Luhan was sprawled out on. "Same with Kris oppa. You're both such girls." she giggled.

The trigger word to make Luhan shoot up was called. He sat up, turning to Mina was wide eyes. "Did you just call me... girly?",

"I might've." she laughed, covering . "What are you gonna do?",

Now would be a good time for one of those romantic play fights that end in a kiss. Alright, it's go time. Luhan smirked, eyeing Mina, before grabbing her wrist and pulling her into the water. This wouldn't be that bad of a prank, however, like when you exit the shower and that cold air hits your skin, Mina's skin was already burning and warm, and being in the cool water felt like ice to her.

"YAH! Luhan!" she screamed, running away from the north pole water and rolling around in the sand, now being covered in said material.

"Oh my god, that was priceless." Luhan slapped the wet sand next to him.

"No. This is priceless." Mina muttered, grabbing a handful of the soaking sand and dumping it on Luhan's over styled hair, making the boy yelp.

"My hair!" he cried out, furiously trying to fix his once perfectly gelled hair. "It was so young!",

Both however, were laughing hysterically. Luhan, once again, wanting both revenge and a kiss, pulled Mina into the water and pinned her down, hands on her wrists. Mina smiled up at him, sticking her tongue out.

"What 'cha gonna do?" she pouted.

"Omo! LUUUUUUUHAAAAAAAN! KRRIIIIIIIISSSSSSSYYYYYY! HANNNYYYYYYY" two annoying voices boomed.

Every person's head turned to see, what the three brothers and cousin would label as, 'the two idiots'. Two men came bounding to the group, wide grins on their faces.

"Oh damn it." Luhan mumbled, jumping away from Mina and running in the other direction of the two.

"No, no, no." Kris was showing fear for the first time, glancing at an actually shaking Hangeng.

The two flew from their comfortable spots on the beach and ran away with Luhan, leaving Mina, Choaya, and Heechul alone and shocked. They saw the two strange men pick up their pace as they ran after the three Chinese boys, the shorter of the two prancing on Luhan's back and pinning him down, the other running into a jump and kicking Kris's , making him fall to the ground. Hangeng, of course... continued to run, leaving the others, not giving a care to them.

"Krissssssyyyyy!" the taller of the two poked said older's sand buried head.

"Oh my god Tao, what the hell is wrong with you?" Kris moaned, sitting up to see the smiling boy sitting next to him.

"I missed you, brooooo!" Tao had a habit of making his words longer.

Only then did they notice that the other boy was happily sitting with his legs crossed like a child on Luhan's back.

"Henry... you little , get off me." the deer boy groaned.

"Nope! You ran away from me!" Henry proceeded to puff out his cheeks and pout.

"Oh my, you sound adorable!" Mina's voice suddenly sounded, running to Henry and pinching his cheeks. "Talk again!",

"Get ya hands off ma cheeks!" Henry was barely able to get his words out.

"Hey! Be nice to Mina!" Luhan scolded. "... and be nice to me! Get off my back!" Luhan growled, using all his energy to flip the younger off his back and into the sand.

"Who are these two?" Choaya asked, patting Kris's shoulder and hugging him tight in protection.

"These are... uhm... family friends..." Kris sighed, blowing the obviously dyed blonde hair away from his face.

"Hey! That's mean! Only friends!? WE'RE BUDDIES!" Tao held his hands out and waved them. "Henry and I have known them since school days. Wait... where's Mimi and Hannie?" Tao bit his lip, glancing around in every direction.

"Some dude with red hair ran in Hannie's direction... I think..." Henry pointed by the boardwalk.

"If you trust me... you won't go near there." Mina tugged Henry's hair gently. "Heechul and Hangeng... well... I could hear them last night, and...",

"Mina! No! Stop!" Luhan waved his hands.

"I was ju-",

"Just don't!",

"I wasn't gonna go into detail!",

Kris cleared his throat, wanting to change the topic. "Zhou Mi's still at school... I think. Anyway, why are you two idiots here?" Kris asked, rubbing his now sore lower back.

"Spring vacation!" Tao beamed. "We were collecting sea shells and then we saw you guys.",

"WOAH! I wanna collect sea shells!" Mina's jaw dropped.

"There's a great place to find them back there!" Tao pointed behind his back.

"Come on, freaky lady! Let's go!" Henry pulled Mina's hand and raced off, along with Tao, to the sea shells.

"What... the eff... was that?" Kris glanced behind, seeing the figures getting smaller.

That was the two idiots stealing my future woman! They totally ruined the moment and changed everything! Luhan was fuming.



Just a couple notes:

Henry called Mina 'freaky lady' because she was pulling his cheeks, acting happy like they were (and she was doing it as her natural personality), etc., plus, my friend calls me that name.

I put Tao and Henry in here for... you'll see!

Anyway, Zhou Mi, Luhan, Kris, Hangeng, Tao, and Henry were all friends in school. When they all got older though, Tao and Henry started acting weird just to annoy the others, thus why K, H, and L ran away. Tao and Henry are actually just normal guys, but they put on the act every now and then just for laughs. Of course everybody knows that it's just an act, but whenever they think of T and H, they think of their idiotic personas. Tao and Henry are not brothers, simply close friends.