Sept

Where The Lights Are

"Here, feel this.",

"Ooh, what is it? Feels warm... and smooth... and hard...",

"I know, right? Soft as well, feel a bit lower.",

"Omo! So fluffy!".

If Luhan had been born a dog, his ears would have pricked up bright and alert. The dusty crud at the corners of his eyes were fighting to seal his eyelids shut. However, as soon as Luhan heard the word 'hard' come from Donghae and 'ooh' come from Mina, his eyes shot open and he launched his body upwards, hitting his head on the ceiling in the process.

"Woah, bro. You, uh... you should watch out for the ceiling. Just a warning." Donghae chucked and rubbed the back of his neck.

"Oh! Luhan! Are you alright!?" Mina shot up from her spot on the floor.

She quickly skipped up to the bunk beds and placed her hand on the railing, right on top of Luhan's gentle fingers. When Luhan came back to himself, he looked over to see Donghae surrounded by a pile of random items, and an empty spot where Mina must have been sitting. He sighed, letting his head fall flat against the pillow with a thud.

"Luhan, seriously! Oppa! Are you alright!?" Mina cried out, not knowing that Luhan's heart fluttered a little when she called him 'oppa'.

"I'm ok..." he sighed, sitting up, careful to duck his head a bit. "What were you two doing?".

"Well, when I came home last night. I found a sleeping chinese kid in my bed, and a scared girl starring out the window as she sat on the floor. Thunder storms are a crazy thing. So, Mina asked if I wasn't tired. I said yes, and since then, I've been giving her things and she has to guess what they are. You woke up right as she was holding my morning cup of coffee with the fluffy little cup holder, protector thing." Donghae explained, keeping a wide grin on the entire time.

"Yeah yeah! It's super fun!" she chimed.

"What did you think we were doing?" Donghae smirked at the still shocked Luhan.

"I... I'm going back to sleep." and with that, Luhan fell backwards again.

Mina pouted, and turned to Donghae. "Is he always like this in the morning?" she asked as she stomped back to her spot and sat down.

"Yeah. He's not a morning person." Donghae shrugged. "Anyway, I kind of gave away what the last thing was... so... try this!" Donghae picked up a piece of paper filled from top to bottom with a large sketch and handed it to Mina.

"Donghae... it's paper. I know what paper feels like." Mina sighed. "Come on oppa! Be creative!" she pouted again.

"No no... guess what's on the paper." the playboy bit his lip and smiled.

"B-but-",

"Just make a totally random guess! Entertain me!" Donghae threw his hands in the air, letting them land with a slap against his knees.

"Fine." Mina giggled.

Her tiny fingers swept over the pencil marks on the thick, white paper. She felt the slight bumps in the structure, but no matter how hard she tried, she couldn't feel any marks. She began touching the page while looking blankly into the air ahead of her, but after a while, frustration began to set in. She stared down the sketch like it was an enemy. Mina desperately looked for any clues, but she found none.

"You're cute when you're angry." Donghae whispered so quietly that even Mina's sharp ears couldn't hear him.

She continued tracing her hand along the page, and eventually, she found thick writing in black ink at the bottom of the page. It was tiny, and barely even readable if you could see, but Mina touched each letter with her nail, smiling when she finally figured out the name.

"This is something Luhan did." Mina turned to Donghae, smiling.

"Yeah. But what did he do? Is it homework? A drawing? A painting? Maybe it's a small poster he bought? Who knows." Donghae shook his head at Mina's pint sized anger.

"Darn it! I can't tell! Whatever is on here must have seriously light , I can't feel a thing!" she crossed her arms and bit her tongue.

"Ahh, I see you hate losing." he poked her cheek.

"No. I hate when I thought I could do something, but my skills aren't what they seemed. I hate making a goal to do something, only to find out that I can't." she said, looking at the floor.

"Aw, don't be mad." Donghae ruffled her hair.

"I'm not." Mina's smile instantly returned. "But I should go. Unnie's probably gonna get mad at me... I think I'll go to the cafe and wait for her there." and before she could let Donghae say goodbye, she was racing down the hall.

"I hate it when she does that." Luhan suddenly commented, drawing Donghae's attention to his fully awake room mate.

"What?",

"When she walks away. I hate it when she doesn't even let me say goodbye." Luhan is teeth.

"She does that a lot?",

"I suppose. Maybe it's because she already knows we care about her. Hmm... makes you think, right?",

"Yeah, totally." Donghae mumbled.

"So what day's homework of mine did you give her?" Luhan asked as he climbed down from Donghae's bed.

"It wasn't homework." and Donghae held out the sketch of Mina that Luhan had done a couple weeks ago. He chuckled.

"You bas-",

"Ah-ah-ah." Donghae shook his finger.

"I'm gonna follow her and make sure she gets to that cafe. Hell, she's probably lost and in the gym room lockers right now." Luhan sighed, pulling on his hoodie and walking out the door.

As much as Donghae hated to admit, and with all the evidence of him being a playboy... Donghae's heart was growing warmer because of the bright eyed girl who didn't even know what bright was.