Trente-Deux

Where The Lights Are

"Heechul..." Mina softly called out as she clung to the kitchen's door frame.

Heechul turned around to look at her timid figure, and he smiled, wanting to hug his 'daughter'. However, he was simply too lazy to walk a few feet around the kitchen table and to her.

"What's up?" he asked as he raised his eyebrows, grabbing the mug of coffee from behind himself.

"Well, Luhan drove me here because I had to tell you something in private. He's out in the car right now, so I have to make this slightly quick." she mumbled, playing with her fingers.

"Is it about the winter?" the older asked, sipping his coffee calmly.

"I'm surprised you remembered, but yeah. Anyway, I've been saving my earnings from teaching Korean, and I've got about half the amount needed.",

"That's good. With the money I'll be giving you, you'll have enough for a plane ticket there, back, and the money for the hospital." he casually added up, drinking more of the scalding hot liquid.

"Well... I had to sell a couple things in order to get my part of the cost. Like my phone...",

"Oh... I see what you're getting at." A small tear ran from Heechul's eye, and he quickly brushed it. "Is this a goodbye then?",

"It's more than that." she nearly whispered.

Heechul already knew, but he couldn't admit it.

"I don't have enough for a ticket back to Korea." and with that, Heechul began crying, not trying at all to stop it, but he was quiet, and even Mina didn't know.

"Come on. Come here." he muttered, setting down the cup and opening his arms.

Mina nodded and ran into them like the child she was. She snuggled into his thin frame, and took in his comforting scent. She still didn't know that the great, diva Heechul was crying. He clutched onto her, not wanting to let his little ball on sunshine leave, but he knew it was for the better. For the past twenty minutes, she had been silently traveling around the house, saying her goodbyes, and she had saved her 'father' for last. As they slowly parted, he knelt down kissed her forehead, pressing his lips against her hair for what seemed like an eternity.


Luhan jumped a little in surprise when Mina hopped back into the car, and he clutched his chest for dramatic effect.

"Ah, you're back! Is the topic still too private to tell me about?",

Mina still couldn't tell him, but the guilt was killing her. She hated doing this, the last thing she wanted to be was a villain, but even the thought of his reaction scared her. At the request of the truth, she bit her lip, her smile still showing yet. "Sadly." she shrugged.

"Mina... you can tell me." he tried again.

"This is something that I feel shouldn't be said. It's a sad matter, yes, and it's one that I've been told to keep a secret." Told by myself...

"Just know that, I'm here for you. You know... I love you." he smiled, tracing her jaw line.

"I love you too." she giggled, her smile bright.

"So, is there anywhere else you want to go today? It's still early." he suggested, turning foreward as he held her hand.

"Actually, there is. My friend is leaving Korea today, and I wanna say my goodbyes to her. Could you drive me to the train station?" she asked, pouting slightly.

"Of course, my dear Mina." he said in a monotone voice, chuckling.

"Why thank you, my dear Oppa." she returned in her own monotone voice, adding on the 'oppa' for a funny effect.



Short update is short. Please, forgive me!
This is just a short little thing to entertain you while I get ready to drop a bomb on our dear (deer) Luhan (and you guys... sorry).
Anyway, comment (pwease), I'll smile at even a word!