Quatorze

Where The Lights Are

"Hey honey! Guess what?" Choaya beamed, leaning on the paper scattered desk that Kris was working at.

"Whaaa?" Kris looked up, large dark circles under his eyes and hair tangled and thick. This is the product of Kris over working himself.

"Gosh, love, you look awful." Choaya cupped his cheek. "All the more of a reason to go on... vacation!" Choaya cheered.

"Wait... what?" the poor teacher was seriously in another world. A world where all you did was sleep.

"Heechullie bought a huge house near the beach! He told me to invite whoever I wanted to invite, and that would be you! He also told Mina to invite a couple people. So, in the end, it'll be you, me, Mina, Luhan, Hangeng, and Heechul!" her eye smile was blinding.

"Hangeng?" he asked, dazed, not even remembering his cousin.

"Oh, Luhan's older brother... your cousin." Choaya explained.

"Ah..." he looked up at her, trying his best to make his sincere smile seem sincere. Because he actually was excited, but his lack of sleep was making him look pissed. "Sounds fantastic. I can't wait to go." he pulled Choaya into his arms and hugged her. "I call dibs on the biggest bedroom.".

"Why the biggest?",

"We're gonna need some room." he chuckled into her ear, a tomato blush instantly spreading across her face.


"Yo." Luhan kicked open his eldest brother's room.

"What do you want you little ?" Hangeng muttered as he stared at the ceiling.

Hangeng's long time boyfriend had recently broken up with him. No matter what though, whenever Hangeng was in a bad mood, he spent his days lying on his bed, staring at the walls, and if somebody tried to communicate with him, he'd hurl rude names at them. By now, Luhan and Zhou Mi were used to it.

"You're coming with me to a friend's beach house." Luhan threw a large bag at Hangeng. "Now, pack." he said.

"Why in the world would I go to some little 's house on some flaming sand. You're such a , Lulu. A ." the older threw the bag across the room.

"You're a complete douche when you're pissed, you know that?" the younger looked at his nails. "Just come on. It'll be fun.".

"No.",

"Yes.",

"I said eff off!",

"You're coming with me.",

"Like hell I am!",

"Pack. You've got a day.".


Reluctantly, Hangeng had agreed. The group of six traveled in two cars. One with Heechul, Mina, and Choaya, the other with Hangeng, Luhan, and Kris. The car filled with 'the weird ones' had been a vacation of it's own. Heechul was driving while he sang girl group songs, Mina was dancing and flailing around behind her seatbelt, and Choaya was laughing while she told jokes. However, the ride with 'the boys' had been like walking through fire. Hangeng and Kris had spent the entire time screaming at each other. First, it was at Kris getting mad at Hangeng for still being in his angry attitude, then it was at Kris stealing some of the Hangeng's food, later, Hangeng was about to tear his hair out when Kris seemed to make a dirty joke out of every sentence. The innocent little deer, on the other hand, had spent the whole time listening to music while he on a few lollipops, completely oblivious to everything around him. In the end, Kris stumbled out of the car (his legs numb from sitting in the same position for over three hours), Luhan and Mina leaped from their seats, quickly fangirling and fanboying over the beach, while the rest hopped out and started to carry in their luggage.

As he was carrying his cooler full of classic chinese desserts, Hangeng had bumped into a taller, fire headed man, who he assumed was Heechul.

"Yah!" Heechul yelled, rubbing his fake hurt shoulder.

"Sorry sorry sorry." Hangeng rolled his eyes and continued to the kitchen. Heechul followed.

"So... you're Hangeng?" Heechul asked, leaning against the sink while Hangeng unpacked his food.

"Yup. You're Heechul?" he mumbled.

"Yeah. Mina's told me about you." Heechul recalled, looking at the tall ceiling.

"I've never met her though..." Hangeng glanced at the older.

"Oh, well, she's told me what Luhan has told her I guess.",

"I see.",

"Who are you?" Heechul suddenly asked, shaking Hangeng's shoulder.

"What the ?" Hangeng pushed Heechul away.

"How dare you push me!" the fire head stomped back to his target.

"Dude! Why're you acting so weird?" Hangeng yelped.

"Get out of my house before I call the police!" Heechul yelled, pointing towards a door.

"Woah! What's your problem?" the chinese man furrowed his eyebrows. Nobody had told him about Heechul...

"What's my problem? What's your problem!? You just come into my house, and open my fridge, doing god knows what! Get out of my house, or I swear, I have the right to shoot you!" Heechul slapped Hangeng's cheek.

"Heechul! Wait!" Mina rushed over to her 'father'.

"Mina! Go away, you let me deal with this!" Heechul struggled against Mina's surprisingly strong grip on his shoulders. She suddenly pulled a little needle out of her pocket and shoved it in Heechul's neck, the older falling to the floor.

"What the was that!?" Hangeng pushed himself against the counter.

"Come on Hee! Really? You wait until now to do that?" Mina talked to herself, kicking Heechul's hand.

"Did he, uhh..." Luhan poked his head through the door, eyes not even the least bit surprised. Mina had told Luhan how Heechul acts when he forgets everything, and what to do when that happens.

"Yeah. I think he murdered your brother." Mina giggled.

"Han! You alright?" Luhan laughed, walking to his brother.

"Thanks for the vacation, Lulu." the eldest brother gulped, staring down at the unconscious man.