Trente-Et-Un

Where The Lights Are

In the midst of congratulating and celebrating, Mina and Luhan had managed to accidently separate. The last words from Mina had been something about thanking the school president for making audio clips of the textbooks for her, and at the time, Luhan was already distracted with saying his goodbyes to the school's star soccer player and his idol. This left a rather confused Luhan in a crowd of laughing and screaming teenagers.

The Chinese deer boy was walking down a crowded hall, towards his dorm room. The thin stretch was filled to the brink with already drunk students, scolding teachers, and frustrated former seniors dragging suitcases and carrying heavy boxes. He half expected to see a frightened Mina and Choaya surrounded by the chaos, and he ran a hand through his dyed hair. The last thing he expected though, was a full on crash into his body from Mina, as she wrapped her arms around his waist and snuggled into his chest.

"Wah! Luhan oppa! Unnie said she saw you up the hall, but I thought she was lying!" the forever giggling mess of a girl giggled even more.

This is why it's so hard to stay mad at you... 

"Is that so?" he chuckled, ruffling her curly brown hair.

Luhan felt her small hand snake it's way up to his throat, and she smiled even wider, keeping a surprisingly tight grip on his waist with her other arm. At this point, Mina touching his neck was no surprise. He would've guessed it was a of her's, but every one knew she was too innocent to have a .

"Luhan, will you sing for me?",

The couple was pressed against the wall, Luhan's back being the one against the hard surface. He had quickly noticed the obvious stares coming from his school mates.

"Mina, people are staring." he attempted to reason.

"Let them stare then." she looked up at him, biting her tongue playfully. "I guess I have a for voices. Especially your voice." that caught Luhan off guard as he raised his eyebrows, and Mina could somehow feel his embarrassment. "Please, sing for me?" and she rested her head against his chest again, her fingers still on his throat.

"Only if we start moving though." feeling Mina nod into him, he slowly started singing as he guided her to his destination.
"A fog blinds the eyes, there’s almost no breath left. Don’t know where to go. Desperately looking for a guide. Almost can’t find the reason to live. Despair is an ever spreading disease, causing people to lose strength, and to lose courage. Nothing is right. The more I think, the more I hate myself. Raise you head and take a deep breath. Go forward under the blue sky. Hear the continual clash of the soul. I will fight this revolution against myself. The harder the battle, the more you must fight. The more improbable the wish, the more you must want it. No one can stop you. Go forward. Your power is much more than what you think. Desire is strength. Don’t be afraid to challenge again. No matter how many more hardships, bring them forward. Today defeats yesterday. Go forward. Being wounded is a release, don’t regret it. You have to believe you are your own hero. Hero. Hero, hero. Hero, hero. Hero, hero.".


"Oh my gosh, I'm terrified!" Mina shrieked, her smile never fading though.

"Come on, just jump! Nothing will bite you. If anything tries to though, I'll make sure they don't wake up." Luhan cooed, pouting at the end.

"Ehh, I don't know. Jumping in is totally different compared to stepping in." the sightless twirled her fingers around each other against her collar bone.

After Luhan and Mina had arrived at the dorm of the deer and the fish, a full on party began. Of course though, as they were all their own little band of misfits, the party was rather odd. It ended up with Luhan and Mina switching clothes (AKA, Luhan in a dress), Donghae being only allowed to speak in English (as he was horrible at it), and Kibum not being allowed to use his hands for anything. The four had been daring each other to do random things for a span of four hours, and at one point, they even prank called Mr. Wu and Mr. Park. It had ended as hilariously as they thought it would've, but by two in the morning, Choaya had arrived to drag Kibum and Mina back to their respective dorms, being the mother-like figure she was.

The next morning though, the young couple had decided it would be a good idea to visit the new public pools (seeing as how it would be nearly empty on a tuesday), and everything was going smoothly until Mina had decided she wanted to jump into the pool (as she had never done so), but was ultimately chickening out.

The warm air clung to her soaked body, yet it sent shivers down her spine, as the warm air felt chilled compared to the even warmer pool. Luhan swam to the edge and looked up at the adorable trembling form.

"Want me to jump in with you?" he suggested.

"Uhm...",

"I'll take that as a yes." he smirked, pulling himself out of the water.

It only took a few steps for him to be behind her, his arms around her waist and his chin resting on her head. The warmth of their two bodies comforted the small girl, but she was still scared nonetheless. Staying silent, the two ended up close to the edge, only a few steps away from falling in.

"Ok, we're gonna go the edge, and then we're gonna jump a bit into the air and fall into the pool. Ok? See, I'm right here." he tried to plan.

"Screw it." she boldly said, her lips.

"Wait, what?",

"Screw it! Let's go!" her confidence and courage raising.

Pulling them both forward a bit, both teens soon found themselves in mid-air. Things seemed to freeze for Mina, who was soaking up the free floating feeling. All too soon though, she pinched her nose and shut her eyes as she felt the warm pool water impact her skin. Both of them hit the water at the same time, being encased in the liquid instantly. The weight of both of the two seemed to sink them to the bottom, but Mina was actually the one to haul herself and Luhan up first. As soon as their heads hit the surface, their eyes opened and their mouths unhinged. Their breath mixed together as they were now face to face, yet Luhan's grip on her waist was still existent. They stayed in the slightly intimate position for a while, the air from their lips brushing against each other's cheeks, loving the feeling of the being the only two in the pool, alone and perfect.

Mina's grin, like always, plastered on her face. "Let's do that again! Come on, come on!" she exclaimed, pulling him towards the little pool steps.

"Wait, wait! Don't I get a little reward for helping?" he asked, laughing.

"Oh gosh, if you want a kiss, just tell me!" she sighed, before plunging into a deep, soothing kiss, like the water around them.



The song Luhan is singing: Hero by Hangeng. Hell, I just wanted to get a Hannie song in there, even if it's inspiring instead of romantic. This story is inspiring as well though! Right? 

Please comment! I hate asking, but please, getting comments makes me love you all more than I already do!
Jeez, this author is so cheesey.