Chapter 36: I'm Alive

So Into You

 

Chapter 36: I'm Alive

After locking the door behind you, you walked into your closet and started rummaging through the cupboards for something nice to wear. You have no idea why but you felt nervous about the date with Luhan, "What should I wear?"

Grabbing a pair of black denim shorts, a white tee with a simple graphic on it and a pair of light blue high cut, you stood in front of the mirror and examined the outfit. Satisfied, you set it aside on your bed. Checking the time, you decided that there's still time for a quick shower.

15 minutes later, you came out of the toilet feeling fresh. You put on your clothes, grabbed a pair of socks and went to the dresser to get ready. You dried your hair and tied it in a messy bun. Taking out your moisturizer, you spread a small amount of it on your face followed by some BB Cream, a small amount of foundation, eye liner, lip balm and finishing it off with a pressed powder.

"Done," you said to yourself as you look into the mirror. It was your first time putting on so much make-up. Usually you would apply make-up only for the festive seasons or some important gathering. You thought it was ridiculous that you're doing all this over a mere date.

After putting on a new pair of blue high-cut, you packed all of your necessities inside a brown sling bag. You were about to text Luhan that you were ready when you heard the doorbell. Thinking it was Luhan; you grabbed your things and got out of your room.

"Where are you going?" You looked at the front door and were shocked to see your grandmother.

"Out," you simply replied when you saw Luhan already waiting for you outside.

Grabbing your wrist, your grandmother pulled you back, preventing you from leaving the house, "You're not going anywhere. I have something important to discuss with you."

"Mom! Tell her I need to go!" You said in English.

"Yuri," you're mother shook her head.

"Ughh!" You forcefully freed yourself from your grandmother's grip and went out to meet Luhan.

"What's wrong?" Luhan asked.

You gave him an apologetic look, "I'm sorry. Can we go out another day?"

Luhan reluctantly nods his head. He stood outside as he watched you enter your apartment, “Better luck next time Luhan."

With a sigh, Luhan went back inside his apartment.

--

Sitting around the dining table, nobody spoke a word. Your father was already back from wherever he went. You were starting to grow inpatient. You drummed you nails on the wooden table and waited for someone to speak up.

"Look, if none of you are going to talk I'm just going to go," you stood up and was about to leave when your grandmother grabbed your wrist forcefully.

"Sit down," she said sternly.

You however remained standing, "We're going to talk about your future."

"My future?"

"Yes your future. I'm planning on sending you to Australia to further your studies," said the old lady.

Your face hardened after hearing what she said, "No."

All three elders looked at you, "What did you say?"

"I said no," you said firmly.

"Don't be rude. You have no say in this. I'm doing what's best for you."

"What's best for me?" You raised your voice, "Since when have you ever cared about me?!"

You couldn't care less if she thinks you're being rude right now. At this point of time, you do not want anyone to decide your future for you.

No one dared to answer your question. Your parents knew you were right but neither of them was brave enough to say it to your grandmother.

"ANSWER ME! HAVE YOU EVER CARED ABOUT ME AS YOUR GRANDDAUGHTER?"

Your grandmother didn't say a single thing. Everyone kept quiet while you on the other hand were burning with anger.

"Get over it! He's dead! I'm the one who's alive but somehow I feel like I'm a dead person to you!" At this point of time, you were sure your neighbours including the boys were able to hear your argument but you didn't care. You had to get it off your chest once and for all.

"Do you think you're the only one who's suffering? I am too! I feel worse than any of you! I lost my one and only twin brother to a freaking fire and I'm the only one who made it out alive. Do you know how that feels? Losing someone you love? Your other half? From the way you treated me, I wished I was the one who died instead! Maybe, just maybe you would at least be happier than you are right now. But fate played a cruel game on us. I'm the one who made it out alive. Look at me! I'm here, standing in front you! Alive and breathing! I deserve your attention as much as he does!"

--

Over at the boys' apartment, the five guys were shocked to see Luhan back.

"Why are you back?" Kris asked him.

"Her grandmother came to visit."

Everyone saw how dejected Luhan looked right now. Hoping that it'll cheer him up, Xiu Min ordered chicken, pizzas and Chinese food for the gang.

Yejin who was there too grew worried about Luhan. Taking a seat beside Luhan who was using the laptop, Yejin nudged him, "Cheer up. I'm sure there's another chance for you. Look on the bright side; we'll be going to Jeju Island for our summer trip. Maybe you can spend some alone time with Yuri."

"Maybe you're right. Thanks Yejin," he forced a smile, "How about you and that dragon? Any progress?"

Yejin shook her head in response, "Not when you have that stupid bun around.”

Chuckling, Luhan handed the girl a ticket to Lotte World, "Here. It's an open ticket. You can go whenever you want. Don't worry about Minseok. I'll handle him."

"But there's only one ticket," Yejin was baffled.

"I'll give the other ticket to Kris."

Their conversation was cut short when Chen announced the arrival of the foods, "Let's eat!"

While the seven of them were busy eating, Tao hushed everyone, "Shh! Listen!"

Everyone stopped talking and tried to hear whatever that Tao's hearing.

"Isn't that Yuri's voice?" Xiu Min question, only to be hushed by everyone else.

"Get over it! He's dead! I'm the one who's alive but somehow I feel like I'm a dead person to you!" They heard Yuri shout.

Everyone scrambled to the wall and pressed their ears against the concrete.

--

"For once, please treat me like I'm your granddaughter. Even if you don't want to talk to me, at least acknowledge my presence," your voice trailed off at the last sentence.

"I want you to make up your decision soon," said your grandmother cruelly.

You let out a bitter laugh as you looked at the older lady, "Fine. Since you want me away then I shall grant you your wish. I'll go to Australia but bear in mind that today will be the last time I'll talk to you. Today will be the last time I'll acknowledge you as my grandmother. When will I leave?"

"Yuri ah!" Exclaimed your parents.

"Tomorrow."

"Alright then," with that, you grabbed your bag from the top of the shoe shelves and left the apartment.

--

“Stop pushing Tao!”

“It’s not me! Minseok hyung stop pushing!”

“Stupid maknae! I’m on the other end!”

“KIM JONGDAE!”

“WHAT?”

“EVERYONE SHUT UP!” Kris shouted in annoyance.

The seven grew quiet and put their listening to a test.

“Why aren’t they talking?” Lay asked.

The moment Lay finished his sentence, they heard the front door closing and the other six pushed Luhan towards the door, "What?"

"What do you mean by what? Go to her!" Kris took out Luhan's shoes and forcefully put it on for him, "Here's your bag. Now go before you lose her!"

"Fine!" slamming the door behind him, Luhan ran towards the lobby but was nearly hit by a door.

"Luhan?"

"Mr Lee. Sorry I have to go," Luhan bowed to your father and he also noticed your grandmother beside him.

Luhan looked at the lobby and saw that Yuri was about to enter the lift, "Yuri wait!"

Bowing again for the last time, Luhan ran after you. Before the door could close on him, Luhan forcefully opened it and let himself in, "Thank god!"

"What the hell Luhan! What are you doing here?"

"We still have a date, remember?" Luhan gave her a goofy smile.


AUTHOR'S NOTE

>> I sincerely apologize for the lack of updates! Been visiting my relatives and school stuffs is taking a lot of my time. 

>> Hopefully you like this chapter~ Do leave a comment down below! ^^