Chapter 1: S-E-O-U-L

So Into You

Chapter 1: S-E-O-U-L

"Our plane will be landing at Incheon airport in a couple of minutes. Please secure your seat belts and straightened up your seats," you kept the storybook you were reading inside your hand carrier and tucked it safely beneath your seat before fastening your seat belts.

"Thank you for travelling with Singapore Airlines. On behalf of the crew, I hope that you have a pleasant stay here in South Korea," announced the flight attendant.

You remained seated as you watch the other passengers collect their things before heading out of the plane. An air steward passed by tour seat and offered to bring your stuffs down for you. You thanked him before making your way down the aisle towards the exit.

After going through the immigration, you waited at the baggage claim area for your remaining luggage.

"There it is," you said to yourself after spotting a baby blue luggage with a small white lock on it. You struggled to carry it but were helped by a kind stranger. You thanked him for his help and proceed out.

"Okay what's my new address?" You asked yourself while rummaging through your hand carrier for your notebook. You flipped through the pages and stopped when you saw the address being highlighted in bright yellow, "Apgujeong-82dong 630, Gangnam-gu, Seoul."

Once you were sure of your address, you flagged a cab and made your way safely to your new house.

"12th floor," you said to yourself as you pressed the lift button. The lift was faster than you expected and soon you were already on the 12th floor.

You looked at the signboard for your apartment number, "1207, right."

You turned to the right side and scanned through the doors, "1204...1205...1206, here it is, 1207!"

You keyed in the password which the security guard gave you earlier, amazed when you heard the click sound, signalling that the door is unlocked. You dragged in your heavy luggage and your eyes widened the moment you stepped into the living room.

It was a nice simple apartment with black and white furniture with a tinge of blue surrounding it. You knew that it was your parents’ idea to decorate the apartment this way since they knew how much you love those colours. The apartment wasn't too small yet it was big enough for a girl who is living on her own.

You began exploring the house and noticed that there are flat screen TV, Wii, PlayStation 3, leather couch, baking tools, big oven, microwave and a huge fridge just for you. You opened the cupboards and it is filled with ingredients you need to cook your meals and also ingredients for you to bake.

Satisfied with what you've seen so far, you dragged your luggage to where you think the master bedroom is at and pushed the door open, revealing a nicely designed bedroom with a study table and a MacBook pro on it. You noticed a door right beside the toilet and tried to open it but the door was locker. Not think much into it, you continued to examine your new room and you couldn't help but to jump for joy, satisfied with your new house.

You unpacked all of your things before settling down to call your parents.

After the third ring, someone finally picked up the phone, "Hello?"

"Ma!" You shouted although you knew that your mum can hear you clearly, "This place is so beautiful! Thank you for the nice apartment.  I love it here!"

"I'm glad that you liked it," your mum chuckled from the other line, "I'm sure you've seen the MacBook pro in your room right?"

"Yes! But how?" You asked, curious as to how that gadget was already in your room the moment you stepped in.

Your mum told you that they asked the interior designer to get you the MacBook pro on their behalf, "Promise me that you won't spend so much time on your MacBook."

"I will! By the way, why is the door in my room locked?" You asked your mum about the door.

“Oh that door? The designer will fix it soon. Listen honey, I need to fetch your brother from school. Take care alright? Love you!” She hanged up the phone and you sighed as your house grew quiet.

"Let's search for a nearby school," you switched on your MacBook and began searching for a good school within your area. "Korea High School it is! I guess I'll drop by the school tomorrow to sit for the entrance exam."


AUTHOR'S NOTE

>> How's the first chapter?