Chapter 29: Heart to Heart Talk

So Into You

 

Chapter 29: Heart to Heart Talk

Luhan sent you back home after that incident. He wanted to stick around but you told him you were fine and so he left. To be honest, you wanted Luhan to stay but at the same time you didn't want to be within the same perimeter as him. To sum it up, you were confused. You were already confused about your feelings for him but because of the kiss earlier, you were even more confused. So, you decided to avoid Luhan at all cost until you've sorted out your feelings.

Yejin and Lay noticed you and Luhan's sudden change in behaviour. They noticed how you would always try to avoid being anywhere near Luhan while Luhan on the other hand tries his best to be as close to you as possible. The two also noticed how you would always come to school later than usual just so that you wouldn't meet Luhan at the expense of getting detention, just like today.

Yejin was asked to oversee today's detention since the teachers have an important meeting to attend. She took this opportunity to ask you about how you have been acting strangely.

"What's up with you," Yejin asked as she sat opposite you.

Thankfully there weren't anyone else in the room. You raised your eyebrows and glanced at her before shifting your attention back to your Biology homework.

Yejin took away your stationaries and books, and asked you the same question again.

"Nothing's up," you shrugged your shoulders.

Yejin narrowed her eyes causing you to shift around on your seat, "Lee Yuri, spill it. I know something's up with you and Luhan."

“Deer Boy and I?" You laughed awkwardly, "There's nothing going on with us."

Yejin wasn't buying it and you knew you had to tell her about the kiss and confession. To your surprise, Yejin didn't look shock.

"He finally man up!" Yejin shrieked, "But why are you giving him the cold shoulders? You like him right?"

You suddenly dropped your head on the table and started mumbling incoherent things and the only thing Yejin could catch were, "I don't know what to do."

"What do you mean by you don't know what to do?" She asked, "And can you please not mumble?"

"I'm just confused."

"Why?"

You paused for a moment before making up your mind to tell Yejin the complete truth behind the reason why you were even here in the first place.

"He passed away in an accident a day after we celebrated our 4th anniversary. That accident, it took place in front of our school. We both had a night class and was about to go home when he received a call from Michelle.

Michelle and I, we were classmates since primary school up to Polytechnic. We shared a lot of things in common but never got along. On the day Kevin transferred to our school, Michelle had already started liking him but somehow fate brought him to me."

 

"Kevin and I were in the same group for our sec 2 camp and although we've only met for a few weeks, we started having feelings for each other. From that day onwards, we started going out and Michelle grew jealous. She did all she could to ruin our relationship.

That night when she called Kevin, she told him that she was stuck in our studio. Kevin told her to call the lecturer but she insisted that he should open the door for her."

 

"He told her that it would be useless for him to go there since he wasn't a design student and so he won't be able to unlock the door for her. Michelle however started crying over the phone. So I told Kevin to run over to the design school while I wait at the bus stop. We had a small fight because of that. Kevin didn't want to go since we were already across the school and he didn't want to leave me alone at the bus stop while I kept telling him to go."

 

"In the end, he went. He was crossing the road when he saw a car speeding towards his direction. I shouted for him to move out of the way but he didn't. My mind told me to run after him but my legs stood rooted on the grounds. To my horror, the car knocked over him. I ran towards him only to see his body covered by blood. When I turned towards the driver, he started panicking. That driver however didn't get out of his car. Instead he drove away leaving us behind," tears were already streaming down your face.

 

Yejin held on to your hands as she wiped away your tears with her other hand, "Who was it? The driver?"

"It was Michelle's brother. He was the one who knocked Kevin over."

"You haven't told anyone about it yet," Yejin asked.

You shook your head, "It was partly my fault. If I hadn't forced him to go, he wouldn't have gotten into that accident."

"Shh...It wasn't your fault. Nobody knew it would happened," Yejin comforted you, "Is this why you're confused about Luhan?"

You didn't reply but simply nodded.

"Your relationship with Luhan and Kevin is just like an equation. You need to find the X but you couldn't simply because you didn't eliminate something from that equation," you gave Yejin a confused look.

Yejin chuckled before she continued to explain her theory, "You don't know if your answer is the right answer simply because you haven't eliminated Kevin. What I meant is that you need to let go of Kevin for you to realise your actual feelings for Luhan. The way you're acting around Luhan right now is unfair for him. That boy just poured his heart out to you. He showed you his actual feelings towards you only to get the cold treatment in return."

"The Luhan I've known for the past three years is good at hiding his actual feelings but one thing I'm sure of is that right now he's also hurting just like you. If not more. I just hope that you'll give Luhan and also yourself a chance. You deserved to be happy. I'm sure Kevin would want you to be happy right? Who knows...Luhan might just be the key to your happiness."

You pondered for a moment. Maybe Yejin was right but to what degree?

While the both of you were talking, little did you know that Luhan and Kris have been listening to your entire conversation.

"So that's the reason why she's been acting that way," says Luhan.

"Give her some space. I'm sure she'll come around soon," Kris assured him.


AUTHOR'S NOTE

>> Thank you for commenting! Hope you like this chapter ^^