Chapter 14: Medicines

So Into You

 

Chapter 14: Medicines

"Hi, is Doctor Byun available right now?" The both of you were at a clinic a few blocks away from your apartment.

Luhan was at the counter registering your name while you were sitting on the couch, oblivious to your surroundings thanks to the flu.

"Doctor Byun only accepts patients with appointments sir," states the pharmacist.

"Tell him, his son's friend Luhan is here for a check-up and he is with a flu patient," the pharmacist did as she was told and minutes later, you were called in to see the doctor.

Luhan knocked on the door and he carefully brought you into the room. You sat down on the chair beside the doctor's table while Luhan sat on the one behind the table. The nurse came in soon after with two files in her hands and began asking you about your personal details, "This is your first visit right? Have you had any vaccination before coming Seoul?"

You shook your head in response and the nurse nodded in understanding, "Doctor Byun will do a thorough check-up on you."

"As for you Mr Lu, it'll be the usual check-up. The doctor will come in soon."

Three minutes later, the doctor finally arrived, "Luhan my boy! How are you?"

"I'm fine Uncle, it's her I'm worried about," Luhan pointed at you.

Doctor Byun took a seat in front of the computer and looked through your file, "No allergies right Ms Lee?"

"None that I know of," you replied.

"So what's the illness today?"

"I think I might have caught the flu," at that moment you started coughing non-stop.

Doctor Byun took a small torchlight and checked your throat, "Say ah."

You did as you were instructed, "It's very red right now. I suggest you avoid oily foods and also spicy ones. I can tell that you're having a runny nose as well. So here are your medicines. This is the cough syrup; take two of the big spoon three times a day.”

“This one is for the runny nose and blocked nose, one tablet three times a day. Since they might cause drowsiness, don't take it in the morning if you're going to school. Paracetamol, for your fever and headache. Eat two tablets three times a day. You can stop the consumption when you've recovered. If you're still not feeling better, come here again alright? I'll cover you for two days so rest up and don't bother about school."

"Thank you," you stood up from your chair and bowed to him, giving up your seat to Luhan.

Luhan took your seat and took off his hoodie. Doctor Byun checked his vitals and asked some questions, "Any severe allergy reaction recently?"

"Not really. I ate fish a few days ago but I only had rashes."

"Did Yi Xing cook fish again?" Doctor Byun sighed, "Be careful when you eat them okay? I'll give you another bottle of antihistamines for the rashes. Do you still have your Epinephrine injection?"

Luhan opened his bag and took out a pouch. He opened the black pouch, revealing its contents, "I have it with me."

"Good, keep it with you at all times. I don't want you rushing over, nearly dead with a swollen red face ever again."

After entering all the details, Doctor Byun allowed the both of you to leave. Luhan brought you to the counter and paid for your medical fees.

--

"I could've paid for them myself," you were in your living room with a thick blanket draped over you.

"Did you bring any cash with you?" Luhan was still with you since the rest of the guys were still in school.

You shook your head and offered Luhan some money to pay for the bills but he rejected, "Just get well if you want to repay me."

You scrunched your nose in annoyance and began eating your medicines which you hated, "Can I only eat one tablet?" You were staring at the huge pill in front of you.

Luhan rolled his eyes and sat in front of you with a glass of water and several candies in his hands, "Come on! You won't choke. Just eat one at a time."

"Can I not?" You pouted.

Luhan sighed and took the pills from you, "Open your mouth."

He looked at you sternly and you had no choice but to listen to him. Luhan popped one pill into your mouth and handed you the water.

You gulped down half of it and wiped your mouth. Luhan popped another one of the paracetamol and you managed to swallow it again. The runny nose medicine was easier since it was smaller in size but the cough medicine was your worst nightmare.

"I'm not drinking that," you pushed Luhan's hands lightly, causing some of the liquid to spill.

"Just cover your nose and swallow it! Come on!" Luhan scooted closer to you and placed the spoon close to your lips.

You covered your nose and drank the nasty liquid as fast as possible, "Candy please!"

Luhan unwrapped the sweet and fed you.

"Wow! The both of you look so cute together!" Luhan turned around and you nearly choked on your sweet.

What the both of you didn't know was that while you were struggling with the medicines, the five boys had sneaked into your house and quietly watched over you from the dining room.

"How did you guys get in?!" You exclaimed.

"I saw Luhan keying in the password yesterday," Lay gave you a sheepish smile.

These boys will be the death of me.


AUTHOR'S NOTE

>> A slightly longer chapter~