Chapter 2: ACCEPTED

So Into You

 

Chapter 2: ACCEPTED

It was 9AM when you woke up. You remembered about the entrance exam and so you quickly got out of bed to wash up. You've already called up the school yesterday regarding your enrolment and they've arranged for you to come by during lunch period. Seeing how you still have time before 12 noon, you decided to prepare a simple breakfast before preparing your things for the enrolment.

"Results slips, testimonial and certificate of achievements, Identification Card, Passport, student visa and last but not least a copy of my birth certificate," you kept all these necessary documents neatly in a folder.

You checked you attire one more time before going out to the living room. You were wearing a simple white t-shirt with dark blue denim jeans with minimal accessories on you. Satisfied with your attire, you stuffed the file into your old tote bag and grabbed your phone, all ready to leave the house.

Korea High School is just a 15 minutes’ walk from home. You were earlier than expected but the security guard allowed you in nonetheless. You read the signboards and scanned for the administration block. After struggling with the Korean words, you finally figured out where the admin block is at thanks to help of a freshman.

"Hi good afternoon Ms, I'm Lee Yuri. I called yesterday regarding the entrance exam."

"Can I see your documents?" You passed the admin personnel your file and she gestured for you to sit on the couch while the Principal go through your academic records. After waiting for 15 minutes, you were called over to take the exam.

"This is Kris, our head president. He will accompany you in the room as you sit for the exam," the admin personnel introduced you to the lanky guy beside me. You were a little pressurised by the dramatic height difference and his cold exterior just made it worse.

"Follow me," he instructed after collecting the question paper.

You followed him as instructed but made sure the both of you were a few steps away from each other. Kris came to a halt in front of a translucent door and he scanned a card, opening the door. Thanks to the English written on the signboard, you found out that the both of you were at the counselling room.

“May I have your phone please?” Kris opened his palm in front of you.

Sorry?” You weren’t really sure as to why he needed your phone since there’s basically no way you can cheat especially since he’s there staring at you like an oversized Angry Bird.

Kris closed his eyes for a short moment, before speaking in English to you, “Your phone please? It’s the procedures here. I need to keep your phone.”

“Fine,” You handed him your S3 and pouted.

After an hour and thirty minutes, you finally completed the mini exam. Kris made you check your answers once more before he collected it. You followed him out of the counselling room to the admin office. He gestured for you to take a seat on the couch while he hands over the paper.

When you saw that he was about to leave the admin office, you realised that your phone was still with him, “Excuse me!”

“Yes?” Kris stopped walking.

“My phone,” You simply replied.

Kris remembered that about your phone and passed it to you, “Sorry about that. Good luck for your results. I’ll be waiting outside for you.”

He bowed to you and you bowed back in return before slumping back down on the couch. You played with your phone while waiting for the results. After a good 10 minutes, the admin personnel called you over to double check your particulars, “Congratulations Miss Lee, you’ve passed the entrance exam with an almost perfect score. This is your daily schedule. As for your books and uniform, Kris will guide you along. Welcome to the school!”

She handed you your schedule with your locker number and password written on it, and file after shaking your hands. You bowed to her and left the office to meet Kris who was seated a few seats away from the office.

“I see you’ve been accepted. Congratulations!” he offered his hand and you gladly shook it, “Let’s get you your textbooks and uniform.”

I guess this school year wouldn’t be that bad.


AUTHOR'S NOTE

>> How's the story so far? Do comment and upvote if you liked it ^^