Chapter 20: A New Job

So Into You

 

Chapter 20: A New Job

As you were walking down the street you went to yesterday with Taemin, you tried to recall the exact location of the Café. You continued walking aimlessly before you were stopped by a boy wearing a big glasses who seems younger than you, "Noona, do drop by our café when you're free!"

You took the flyer from the younger boy and scanned it. Luck was obviously on your side. Apparently the boy is a worker of Café Dani, the café you were planning on going to. You tapped the boy's shoulder and showed the flyer to him, "You work here right?"

You wanted to hit yourself for asking such an obvious question. However the boy didn't catch your little slip and told you that he's a worker.

"I heard that you're hiring. May I know the way to the Café?" You asked the boy.

His eyes glistened the moment he heard that you're interested in applying for a job, "I can show you the way!"

"But don't you have work to do?" You pointed to the stack of flyers he was holding onto and another inside his ped bag.

He gave you the cutest smile you've ever seen and you had to fight the urge to pinch him, "Oh these? Don't worry. I'm sure hyung wouldn't mind since I'm doing something more important for him than giving out these flyers."

The both of you were walking to the Café and you were starting to get curious as to how old he is, "No offence tho but aren't you too young to be working?"

"Nah," he simply replied, "Besides, I'm just killing time after school and before practice. Instead of wasting my money at the arcade, why not earn some so that I actually gave extra money for the arcade?"

You laughed at him and ruffled his hair, "You're weird you know that?"

"Not as weird as my other friend. He could wrestle with a pillow and still lose."

"Are you serious?"

"Yeah!" He exclaimed, "By the way, what's your name Noona?"

"Yuri," you told him, "Lee Yuri. What about you?"

"I'm Yoo Changhyun! But you can call me Ricky," Ricky flashed his cute smile again and this time round, you didn't hold back and ended up pinching his cheeks.

"By the way, how did you know I'm older than you?" You asked Ricky.

"I made a tough guess," Ricky replied, "I figured that you might be a senior since you look like you just ended school."

After walking for less than 5 minutes, the both of you finally reached the café. Ricky led you into the Café and offered you a seat while he calls their supervisor.

You examined the interior of the cafe carefully and noticed that the walls were painted green, a colour you have had always hated. You looked through the menu and took note of the slogan in front of you.

"Are those lips?" You asked yourself in English.

You put the menu on the table as your eyes continued to wander around and you couldn't help but feel curious as to why there are pictures, photos and frames of a group of boys or more significantly a boy with lips which is on par with Angelina Jolie.

Your thoughts were interrupted when you heard someone pulling the chair in front of yours. You quickly stood up and bowed to the person without looking at his or her face.

"You must be Yuri, the girl Ricky abandoned his job for?" You looked up and noticed a lady in front of you.

"I'm so sorry about that," you apologized, "I didn't know the direction to this place so he volunteered to bring me here."

The lady nods her head as she scrutinized from your head to your shoes, "You're pretty. I guess we'll have to hire you then!"

"Oh thank you!" After you registered what the lady just told you, you're eyes widened in disbelief, "Wait, what? I'm hired? Just like that? Don't you want to know more about me?"

The lady pondered for a while before asking you to do a self-introduction.

"I'm 18 this year and I'm a Singaporean. I speak fluent Korean, Mandarin and English."

The lady clapped her hands once, "All the more reasons to hire you! You can start tomorrow at 5PM and you'll end at 9PM since you're still schooling. Any questions?"

"May I know who these boys on the wall are?" You pointed to the frames and posters.

"They're my son and his group mates Teen Top! Ricky's part of the group too!" She pointed to the boy with a light blue hair.

"That's Ricky? He's a singer?"

"Yeah! The one and only."

--

You were greeted by the security guard the moment you reached the lobby. You knew might sound stupid but you just had the urge to ask him this silly question, "Ahjussi, do you know who Teen Top is?"

"Teen Top? Isn't that the group that Shinhwa's Andy produced?" Says the guard, "They're one of the best idols I've seen so far in terms of live performances. They remind me of Shinhwa a little."

With that, the guard went back to his guard post leaving you confused, "Shinhwa as in the group my mum likes? Those Eusha Eusha guys?"

Great. Even an Ahjussi knows who Teen Top is.

You were so deep in your thoughts that you hadn't realised that someone had been standing behind you all these while, "What Eusha Eusha guy?"

"Oh my god Luhan! You gave me a fright!" you exclaimed.

Luhan gave you a weird look, "I gave you a fright? Really? I've been standing by the mail box since just now."

"Are you a ghost? How come I didn't hear you?"

"Maybe because you were thinking about Teen Top and Shinhwa?" He teased, "How could you do this to me? Thinking about other guys besides me, the one who always keeps you warm."

You watched as he faked a tear and rolled your eyes, "Please, the only reason why I'm always warm is because you make my blood boil."

"Ouch," he clutched his chest, "If it wasn't for me, your life would've been boring."

"Trust me. As long as the other five boys are here, my life would never be boring."


AUTHOR'S NOTE

>> Sorry for the slow updates!