Chapter 31: A Date?

So Into You

 

Chapter 31: A Date?

The next morning, you decided to revert back to your old self. This means waking up early for school and maybe bumping into the Deer at the school corridors. You felt nervous at the thought of meeting Luhan again but you brushed off that feeling as you put on your school shoes.

"Good morning bestie!" Lay slung his arms around your shoulders when he saw you at the lift lobby.

You elbowed his chest causing him to retreat his hands off you, "Such a weakling."

Seconds later, the rest of the boys joined you, each greeting you, ignoring the poor Chinese boy who was on the ground.

"Morning," Luhan greeted you last.

"M-morning," you stuttered.

Your phone started ringing the moment you stepped into the lift. It was a call from home.

"Hello?" You answered the call.

It was you little brother, Jun, who called, "Noona!"

"Noona? What happened to Jie?" you chuckled.

Jun laughed the cutest laugh you could ever hear before answering your question, "I'm taking Korean lessons right now. Appa said we'll be going to Seoul first before he leaves for Australia."

"Appa said that? When are you coming?"

"This weekend! I'm having my holidays right now. We can celebrate your birthday together!"

"You better get me a birthday gift then!"

"I will!" Jun exclaimed.

You smiled through the call, "Listen Junnie, I have to go to school now. Noona will call you later okay? Bye!"

You hanged up the call, only to realise that you forgot to ask about the flight details.

--

The seven of you walked to school together like old times and when you saw Yejin walking towards the school gate, you quickly dashed to her side, "Thank god you're here!"

"What's with you?" Yejin lightly pushed your forehead. She looked up and saw the EXO-M boys walking leisurely towards the school gate, "You came to school with them? Wow."

The eight of you were walking to class when Luhan pulled you back so that he could walk with you, "Hi stranger."

"I'm not a stranger," you freed your hands from his.

Luhan puffed his cheeks and blew out the air, "You sure did act like one."

You felt guilty when he said that, "Sorry...My mind's been too preoccupied lately and I haven't had the chance to properly thank you for saving me."

"I'd catch a grenade for you if I could," you and Luhan cringed at the same time.

"You're one cheesy Peter Pan," you giggled.

Why are they so alike? you suddenly thought of Kevin.

Luhan ruffled your hair and when he did, he realized how much he missed doing that to you, "Let's have lunch together after school."

"After school?"

"Yeah...You've been disappearing a lot lately, and we haven't hanged out together in a long time." He pointed out.

You accepted his offer, "Where should we eat then?"

"There's a newly opened steak house downtown and I've been dying to try it!" Luhan eyes sparkled as he told you about the newly opened restaurant.

"Do you like meat that much?" You raised your eyebrows.

Luhan leaned close to your ears and whispered, "Not as much as you."

Before he leaves for his class, Luhan managed to steal a kiss from you.

Your face reddened and you hoped that no one saw what Luhan did.

"Bye Tinkerbelle!" Luhan playfully waved his hands causing him to bump into a classmate.

You on the other hand stood motionless in front of your classroom. You were snapped out of your trance when someone accidentally ran into you, "Ya, don't block the hallway!"

You turned around and apologized to that student before walking into your classroom. Yejin and the three EXO-M boys saw everything and they quickly asked if you were okay.

"Thank god she didn't touch you," Tao heaved a sigh of relief.

You were confused as to why they're acting so weird.

As if he read your mind, Chen started telling you who that girl was, "That my dear Yuri is Park Jinhee. She used to be a queenka here until she left the school last year right before the mid-year exams."

"Yeah, there were rumours going around that she was pregnant and her parents forced her out of the school," Tao added in.

"Then why is she here again?" You asked.

"Beats me," Tao simply replied.

--

Time passed by slower than usual. Maybe because you were a little excited about having lunch with Luhan.

"Alright class, your exam is tomorrow so please study well!" Mr Simon earned a groan from the class, "I'm sure all of you will pass so don't worry. Off you go now."

You were packing your bag when you heard a lot of murmurs outside your class.

"I see you have a date after school," Lay teased you.

"You're going on a date with Luhan?" Tao was overly excited.

Your face reddened due to the attention you're receiving from your friends, "It's not a date."

"It's a date," Luhan appeared out of nowhere.

"Oh really?" Yejin raised her brows.

"No it's not," you denied.

Chen shook his head and moved towards your side, "My dear friend, did you know the human mind has a primitive ego defence mechanism that negates all realities that produce too much stress for the brain to handle?"

You looked at him weirdly, "That Yuri is called denial."

"I'm not denying it," you replied.

"It's a date then!" Chen exclaimed.

"Nice one!" Lay and Xiu Min high-fived him.

"Kim Jongdae!" You were about to chase after him when Luhan held you back, "Let's get going. We're going to be late if you keep entertaining his nonsense."

--

"Hi can I get a seat for two?" Luhan asked the waiter.

The waiter guided the two of you to your seats which were situated at the back of the restaurant.

The ambiance was good and they were also playing some Kpop songs unlike other restaurants which opted for classical music.

"This place seems expensive," you said truthfully.

Luhan only smiled, "Order whatever you want. I'm treating."

You skimped through the menu and to your surprised; it wasn’t as expensive as you thought it would be. You decided to settle for the classic black pepper steak while Luhan ordered the rib-eye steak.

While waiting for your foods to arrive, you looked around the almost empty restaurant, "I wonder why there aren't any customers."

"Maybe because lunch time's over?" Luhan replied.

You rolled your eyes at him, "Very cheeky aren't you?"

"So Yuri," Luhan's voice suddenly turned serious, "About Kevin...what's he like?"

"Kevin? Kevin who?"

Luhan rubbed his face, "You know who I'm referring to!"

"You know who Kevin is? Am I the only one here who doesn't know that you guys know about him?" You felt really stupid at that time and Luhan could only laugh at your facial expression, "So what's he like?"

"Kevin is well...very smart. He's well-liked amongst his peers and adults. He likes meat like you but he loves seafood more," you started describing Kevin, "He's mature of his age. Too mature actually. Sometimes I feel like I'm going out with an old man and not a teenager."

Luhan paid attention to whatever you said and some how he feels that there are a lot of similarities between him and Kevin. He was about to ask you another question again but the food arrive. He decided to ask you again later and the both of you ate without talking much but still the atmosphere wasn't awkward at all. As a matter of fact, it's comfortable.

Luhan would force you to feed him some of your steak while he fed you his. It was pretty romantic until Luhan thought it would be fun to give you mushroom as part of a joke, "Luhan! You know I don't eat mushroom!"

You kicked his leg underneath table while you spit out the mushroom on a piece of tissue.

"Hahaha! Your expression was hilarious!"

You glared at Luhan but you weren't that angry at him.

After paying for your meal, the both of you left the steak house and walked around Dongdaemun. Stopping by each stall, Luhan made you try on all the pretty accessories and even bought them for you.

"Oh Bubble Tea!" You pointed at the shop across the street, "Its Gongcha! I miss Gongcha!"

"You have that in Singapore too?" Luhan asked.

"Yeah, let's go!" You grabbed Luhan's hands and pulled him to the shop.

"What should I drink?" You asked yourself as you looked at the menu board, "Earl Grey Milk Tea sounds nice."

You looked at Luhan and asked him what he wants, "I guess I'll have Hazelnut Milk Tea."

You ordered both drinks and paid for them. After getting the drinks, the two of you agreed to head home since it was getting dark.

Throughout the bus ride, Luhan wouldn't stop telling you jokes and funny stories about the rest of the boys. You couldn't stop laughing especially when it was Chen's.

"I'm serious! The next time you meet him, be sure to ask him about his family members in Chinese," Luhan tried to surpass his laughter, "His answer was hilarious!"

The both of you alighted from the bus and walked towards the apartment.

It was really quiet until Luhan decided to ask you something, “Yuri, what do you think of me?”

“Excuse me?”

“You know…As a person? Or maybe your first impression of me?”

You thought for a moment before giving him a reply, “Let’s see. The first time I met you, I thought you were a junior. Don’t laugh! You looked smaller than the rest of them. You were kind of intimidating too especially when you glared at others.”

“I glare at others?” Luhan sounded shock.

“Maybe not but you were grumpy too! The first time you called me, you shouted at me asking me to go over for movie night. I really felt like killing you. But after a while, you seem like a cool person although you can be annoying as well. You’re generous too. You even paid for my medicines. Sometimes you nag a lot but you can be really playful as well. You’re always making sure I’m warm during that winter period and stuffs like that. All in all, you’re a cool kid.”

Luhan smiled, satisfied with your answer, “So you think I’m cool?”

“Not always. You give me the dumbest facial expressions from time to time too so there were time I thought you were actually dumb,” You replied, “But then I remembered that you’re the top student of our school.”

Luhan nudged your head as he rolled his eyes.

The two of you were now in the elevator when Luhan dropped a question, “Listen, I was thinking of you know…going to Lotte World. Would you like to come with me?”

“Are the rest going as well?” You asked excitedly since it was your first time going.

Luhan shook his head, “I was thinking of going just the two of us. You know…like a date?”

“A date?” You raised a brow.

“Yeah, I hope you’ll give me a chance.”

“Have you asked Taemin about it?” You joked.

“What?” His eyes grew bigger.

You laughed and shook your head, “Kidding! I guess I’ll see you this weekend?”

“Yeah,” Luhan nods his head, “You should probably go in now. Good night!”


AUTHOR'S NOTE

>> Sorry for the lack of updates! Been busy with school stuffs *bows*

>> Anyway...I made a new twitter account so if you have twitter do follow me!