Chapter 3: FIRST DAY

So Into You

 

Chapter 3: FIRST DAY

It was 6.00 AM in the morning and yet you were already up preparing breakfast and lunch. You fried a pancake and kept the remaining batter in the fridge so that it can still be eaten tomorrow. Once you were done with the pancake, you let it cool for a while and cooked some fried rice and omelette for lunch. You ate your breakfast while waiting for the rice to cook thoroughly. Once you were done eating, you packed your lunch in a small lunch box.

“It’s already 7.15!” You rushed to your bedroom and changed into your new school uniform.

You made sure that you were properly dressed before leaving the house. By the time you made it to the lobby, it was already 7.30 AM and your first lesson starts at 8 AM. Not wanting to be late, you dashed out of the building, earning looks from your neighbours.

Thanks to the 2.4km run you had every P.E lessons in Singapore, you made it to school 10 minutes before the first lesson started. You were walking towards the Admin Block when the other students started to whisper amongst each other. You overheard some of their conversations and were glad that none of them were dissing you.

“Yuri!” you turned around towards the voice and a smile crept on your face when you saw Kris running towards you.

“Hi Kris,” you waved at him, “Fancy bumping into you here.”

Although it was only 7.50 in the morning, Kris was already sweating like a pig. You handed him a packet of tissue which he took, “I need to collect something from the Admin Office. You’re heading there too right?”

You nodded your head and followed Kris to the office. Throughout the walk to the admin office, you received envious looks from the female students. You looked at them and all you could do was to smile awkwardly at them.

“Did she just smile at us? I guess she isn’t that bad,” you heard one of the girls say.

Kris chuckled and bowed at the students who greeted him, “I see you’re the new Miss Popular here.”

“I could say the same for you Mr Popular,” You jokingly replied back.

The both of you reached the office and greeted some of the teachers there, “Good morning.”

“Yuri right?” one of the admin personnel asked, “This is Ms Song, your homeroom teacher. She’ll accompany you to your new class.”

You bowed politely to Ms Song, your new homeroom teacher.

“Yi Xing!” Ms Song called out for a boy who was talking to Kris. He was taller than you but not as tall as Kris though.  Ms Song passed a few stacks of paper to this Yi Xing guy who gladly took it and left the office.

“Alright class, as you can see here we have a new alien joining our class,” Ms Song announced and you looked at her weirdly when she called you an alien.

You turned to the notice board and saw a big sign saying, ‘We will conquer the Earth.’ You finally understood what she meant.

“Why don’t you introduce yourself to the class?” Ms Song passed you a fake microphone.

You took the microphone from her and stared at it for a good 5 seconds before you start your introduction, “Hi my name is Lee Yuri and I’m from Singapore. I hope that we’ll get along.”

The rest of the lesson went well. You were assigned to sit beside Yi Xing aka Lay, who hadn’t spoken a word to you except for that one time when he told you to call him Lay in the future. With a seatmate like Lay, you have no idea how you’re going to survive the rest of the school year.  


AUTHOR'S NOTE

>> Are you guys liking the story?