Chapter 34: Secret Crush

So Into You

 

Chapter 34: Secret Crush

“You have 5 minutes left. Do check your answers again,” Announced the invigilator.

Left and right, students were busy checking their answers. Some were still doing their papers, others correcting their mistakes and a few were fast asleep. The only sounds that could be heard were the sound of pens against the paper and the ticking of the clock.

“Time’s up! Pens down,” groans and sighs could be heard from across the exam hall.

Students kept their stationeries while the teachers went down the row to collect the exam sheets. You looked around and noticed some students were about to leave the exam hall. You and your group of friends were about to leave as well but was stop by the discipline master, “Stay in your seats. The principal has an announcement to make.”

Everyone had no choice but to sit back down. The principal slowly made her way to the podium to make her announcement, “Good afternoon seniors. As all of you would have known by now, today’s the last day of the 1st semester. Since all of you were relatively well behave this semester, your teachers and I have agreed to bring all of you to Jeju Island for your summer break.”

Cheers echoed the entire hall, “This trip will be held next Friday and it will be a 3 days 2 nights trip. Please collect your consent forms from your respective homeroom teachers after your break and hand in the signed form latest by Tuesday.”

--

“Alright you aliens! Settle down!” Shouted Ms Song the moment she stepped into the classroom.

“Ms Song! Where’s the consent form?” shouted your classmate.

Ms Song held up the forms and signalled for Yejin to assist her in giving them out, “When I call your names, please come forward and sign against the attendance sheet. We have reserved your plane tickets but as long as these forms are not sent in, I will not confirm the tickets.”

One by one, students made their way to the front of the classroom to collect their forms. Once they were done, a few of them stepped out of the class to check their results at the notice board.

“As expected, Luhan topped the exam,” said a classmate as she walked to her seat, “But Yuri did surprisingly well too!”

You turned to face that classmate and pointed to yourself, “Me?”

“Yeah! You should check your placing!” she exclaimed.

After hearing what she said, Chen dragged the whole group out except Yejin who was still busy with her duties. The four of them walked to the notice board and upon seeing them, the rest of the students backed away, allowing them to move forward.

“Top 10 baby!” Chen jumped.

Tao pushed him aside and went down the list to look for his name, “Aww man! I’m in the 10th place!”

“You owe me ice cream!” Chen, who got the 9th place, stuck his tongue out.

“What’s your placing?” You asked Lay.

Lay checked the list once more to confirm his placing, “5th place.”

You grew slightly nervous since all the boys were in the Top 10. Starting from the bottom, you scanned the entire list and soon grew anxious when your name was nowhere to be found, “Where’s my name?”

“Why don’t you try going higher?” A voice whispered from behind you.

You jumped from the sudden contact with that person. You didn't bother turning around since you recognized the voice, "Seriously where's my name? Did they forget about me?"

"Silly girl," Luhan playfully ruffled your hair, "Didn't I tell you to look higher?"

"I am!" You started to get annoyed.

Luhan couldn't stand it any longer and so he grabbed hold of your finger and glides it up the list before stopping, "There...your name's right there."

Your eyes widen upon seeing your name amongst the Top 10, "6th place?! For real?"

"Congratulations," Luhan congratulated you in Mandarin.

"Xie xie," you replied awkwardly when you realised that Luhan's fingers were intertwined with yours.

"Hey! Heard you got 6th place! Congrats!" Kris exclaimed in English.

You chuckled in amusement before replying him, "Thanks, you're in the top 3 right? Congrats dude!"

"Oh my god," Xiu Min exclaimed as the gang made their way to the classrooms, "Too much English."

"Stop being an idiot Kim Minseok," Yejin, who was done with her duties, joined the group.

"Why you twerp!" Xiu Min was about to go after his cousin when Kris pulled him back, "Just because you like my cousin doesn't mean you should support her!"

"You talk too much Baozi," Lay slung his arms around his friend and walked him to class.

Chen and Tao followed them from behind while the other four remained outside the classroom.

"I guess I'll see you tomorrow then," Luhan squeezed your hands.

Seeing how you were confused by his words, Luhan let out a soft laugh, "I'm staying over at my parents' for the night."

You nodded your head in understanding before making your way back into the classroom with Yejin.

"Alright class! I just want to make sure that all of you have the consent form which comes with a packing list," seeing how everyone has gotten all the forms, class was dismissed and you quickly left for work.

--

On your way to the cafe, your phone vibrated and it was a call from your father, "Honey we're going over to granny's. Do you want to come?"

Without giving it a thought, you quickly replied your father, "No thanks. I'd rather go to work. Besides, I'm sure dinner would be much better without me there."

"Yuri," your father said sternly.

"You know I'm right. You wouldn't want granny in the hospital right?" Your father gave up and allowed you to skip the family dinner.

You hanged up the call and a victorious smile crept on your face.

"Something good happened?" You jumped slightly, shocked by the sudden appearance of someone by your side.

You turned to face the stranger who was clad in all-black attire along with a shade covering his face. You looked closely as you held on to your bag straps, "Niel ssi?"

"Bingo!" Niel laughed and you laughed along with him.

"Heading to the cafe?" He asked you.

"Yup! I haven't been going there lately due to school but now that exams are over, I'm kinda free," you told him.

Niel heaved a long sigh and he tucks his hands in his pockets, "It's great to be in school. Makes me miss mine."

"Don't you go to school?" You grew curious.

Niel shook his head, "Sometimes. But not often anymore since we just came back from our European Tour and we're busy preparing for our Asian tour."

“Asian tour? That’s so cool!” you were genuinely happy for him, “Don’t forget to invite me to the one in Seoul!”

Niel chortled as he nods his head in understanding, “I’m sure Ricky would want you to come as well. I can even reserve the VIP seats for you and your friends.”

“That wouldn’t be necessary! I was just joking,” you rejected him politely.

Niel shook his head in response, “I’m serious. You’ve helped out at the café and your friends frequent it too so it’s the least I could do to repay all of you.”

“Alright then,” You finally gave in, “I can’t wait to see you in action on stage!”

Niel could only smile at you as the both of you entered the café.

“It’s too bad that we could only be friends,” Niel thought to himself, “If I wasn’t an idol and you don’t have a suitor, I would’ve pursued you Lee Yuri. But like they say, nothing’s fair in this world.”


AUTHOR'S NOTE

>> Sorry for the lack of updates! I was busy with school and stuffs.

>> Hope you like this chapter ^^