Chapter 22: Cafe Dani

So Into You

 

Chapter 22: Cafe Dani

Time seems to be passing by so fast. It's already Wednesday, which means it's your second day of work. The first day wasn't as bad as you thought it would be.

The supervisor, or what you call her, Mrs Ahn, has taught you the basic stuffs which you've managed to master within the 4hrs. It was easier for you since you've had experience wearing in that kind of environment.

You were busy wiping the tables when a group of foreigners walked in. You greeted them in English and walked over to the counter to take their order, "What can I get for you?"

"I'm not really sure what's written on the menu," says the tallest girl.

You looked at the menu and noticed that it's written in Hangul, "Sorry about that. Why don't I get you our specialty?"

"Your specialty?"

You nodded your head and began explaining, "They're actually Teen Top's favourites. You know who they are right?"

"Teen Top?!" The girls exclaimed.

Soon each one of them ordered their bias' favourites along with a cold glass of Ice Coffee.

--

Since the only customers you had were those girls, you decided to bring out the black board from the store room as well as a couple of chalks.

You began writing down the Menu of the Day in English, Korean and Chinese. Once you were done, you carried the black board out and placed it right beside the door. Satisfied with the position, you went back in and wrote down the exact same thing on a piece of paper.

Mrs Ahn allowed you to do whatever you wanted as long as it brings in more customers. Because of that, you spent the entire time making a new menu book in English and Chinese. Once you were done, you showed it to Mrs Ahn who complimented you for your great ideas.

It seems like the menu outside worked since more customers began streaming in.

"Thank you for coming!" You greeted the last customer.

Mrs Ahn came out of the kitchen with a plate of freshly baked toast and gave it to you, "Yuri, you should eat your dinner first before more customers come."

You thanked her and sat down on the table near the counter. As you were eating, you thought about how nice it would be if either the boys or Yejin would drop by. But you soon realised that except for Yejin, none of the boys knew where you work.

Once you were done eating, you went to the kitchen to get a drink of water before heading back to the counter. 30 minutes later, you heard a van pull over in front of the Cafe and you figured that it'll be a new customer.

Much to your surprise, Ricky came running into the cafe as he greeted you, "Noona! Did you miss me?"

"Oh! Why are you here at this timing?" you asked him and you noticed him carrying a big bag pack, "Are you going somewhere?"

Ricky laughed and waved his hands, "We just came back from our Japanese concert."

"Umma! I'm back!" You figured that he was the famous Niel Mrs Ahn keeps talking about.

The six boys and their staffs settled down at one corner of the cafe while you served them their drinks. It took at least six trips back and forth the kitchen before you finally finished serving their meals.

Since you didn't want to get in their way, you went back to the counter and sat on the stool as you waited for other customers.

"Welcome to Cafe Dani!" you automatically greeted when you heard the door opening.

"Yuri ah!" Apparently it was the boys along with Yejin. The seven of them crowded the counter and you had to shoo some of them.

Luhan and Xiu Min remained at the counter to make their orders.

"What can I get for you?" You asked them.

Xiu Min leaned forward and whispered to you, “Anything cheap please."

Luhan who was beside him agreed, "Those idiots there made us pay for them."

"Why?  Did you two lose a bet or something?" you asked as you keyed in their orders.

Xiu Min sighed and shook his head, "Apparently they said that since we're in Korea, we should do the Korean way. My dear cousin, Yejin, was the most enthusiastic out of them."

You raised your eyebrows, not exactly sure of what he's talking about.

"Since we're the oldest in the group, it's only customary that we treat the younger ones to a meal," Luhan said.

"But isn't Kris the leader?" You pointed out the obvious.

"Exactly!" Xiu Min exclaimed.

Luhan could only sigh a deep sigh, "Yeah, but that lucky dude was born later than us. So technically we're still older than him."

“But how come you're paying?" You asked Luhan, "You’re technically younger than him right?”

Luhan eyes widened and he gave Xiu Min an evil smile, "It's all on you Baozi!"

With that, he ruffled your hair and ran over to the rest of the boys.

You looked over at the dumbfounded Xiu Min and you couldn't help but felt guilty, "Minseok ah, sorry."

"Nah it's okay. Just get me whatever’s cheap."

Still feeling guilty about it, you asked Mrs Ahn if you could give your friends a staff discount and Mrs Ahn allowed since she was more than happy to serve those pretty boys and girl.

"I'll bring your orders to you," you told Xiu Min.

Xiu Min took a seat beside Luhan, not forgetting to beat him up for abandoning him back there. The eight of them joked around and some began teasing Kris and Yejin.

"Where did the both of you go yesterday?" Chen asked, "You said there's a council meeting so I went to the meeting room but you weren't there."

Chen was obviously lying since he went home straight after school.

"Yeah," Xiu Min butted in, "Where'd you go?"

Kris and Yejin fidgeted in their seat, unsure of how to answer.

Lucky for them, you came out of the kitchen carrying a tray of drinks. Kris stood up to help you, hoping to avoid the conversation but Lay pulled him down, "You're not going anywhere mister. Not until you tell us where the both of you went yesterday."

"Went where?" You asked as you served them the drinks.

Yejin kicked your legs, signalling for your help which you managed to catch, "Weren't they at the administration block getting the files from the office?"

You forced yourself not to stutter but somehow one person managed to see through it but he kept quiet.

You went back into the kitchen to get their foods when someone came in with an empty tray, "Niel ssi. It's okay, I can handle it."

"Nah, my mum told me to help since you've been busy the entire day," Niel says as he placed the plates on a tray.

"Yuri ah, you're done for the night. Go accompany your friends" says Mrs Ahn.

You took off your apron and followed Niel out of the kitchen.

Since there weren’t any empty seats left, you took a seat beside Luhan and he playfully kicked your shoes. You scrunched your nose in annoyance and told him to stop.

While they were eating, you suddenly remembered that the boys had left Luhan alone which made you wonder where they went. As if he heard your thoughts, Luhan asked the boys about it.

"We went to Lay's house," Chen exclaimed.

"Lay's house? Really?"

Tao added in, "Yeah. We visited his parents."

Luhan totally didn't buy it, "Didn't you parents went back to China last week?"

Everyone grew quiet and Lay smacked Tao's arms, "Smooth move Panda boy."

"I CAN’T BELIEVE YOU LEFT ME WITH THIS GUY! DID YOU KNOW WHAT HE DID TO MY APARTMENT? HE MESSED IT UP AND HE WOULDN'T KEEP HIS MOUTH SHUT THROUGHOUT THE ENTIRE DRAMA!" You glared at Lay since you had a feeling it's his brilliant idea.

Kris decided that now’s the best time to add oil to the fire, “So that’s why no one was at home when I came back! How could you do that to Yuri?”

“They were the ones who wanted to leave!” Lay exclaimed.

“When we’re back at home, we wanted to call you to come back but since you didn’t call either of us,” says Xiu Min, “we figured you were having fun at Yuri’s house and decided not to.”

You sighed and shook your head. These boys can be such a pain in the neck. 


AUTHOR'S NOTE

>> Slightly longer chapter. Do comment down below! ^^