chapter 10

The Empty Space for You

"Aigoo! Our Yoochunnie!" A few voices exclaimed as Yoochun stepping into the big front yard belonging to the village head's house. Tables had been set up in that short amount of time, and a big group of villagers had been waiting in anticipation behind their seats.

Yoochun smiled sheepishly, scratching the back of his head in embarrassment as he followed after them who was showering him with warm welcomes.

Didi lightly chuckled, walking right behind him trying to take in as much as she could. It wasn't an everyday scene where she could see a shy and embarrassed Yoochun. Suddenly, she wished that Jaejoong and Junsu could be here with them as well.

They had quickly left the filming crew after he was done with his part, leaving Kang to tie up the loose ends before returning to Seoul on his own.

'No wonder Yoochun had insisted on driving his own car here today...' She thought, now spotting him speaking with the granny she spoke with earlier. She had a grandmother loving look on her face.

It wasn't hard to see that he is loved her in the village as well.

She silently and mentally thanked the people around for picking Yoochun up from his darkness. If not for them, she couldn't possibly have met Yoochun, let alone JYJ.

She made her way towards Yoochun and granny, since they were the only two people she knew from the group of friendly villagers, and since Yoochun was gesturing for her to go to him.

"Granny, you have met Didi, i heard." He grinned, his grip on granny's hand not loosening. It was obvious that she is a very important person in his life.

Granny nodded. "Didi is a nice girl. She filled me in with some things you have been doing recently."

Yoochun raised his eyebrow, looking at Didi with a doubtful expression. "Good things i hope."

"Well... i don't wish to lie to granny." She replied, sticking her tongue out at him as the granny starting giggling at the both of them.

"Don't worry, they are all good things." She assured, patting him on his back."You have found the path you want to walk on."

Yoochun beamed with a twinkle in his eye. He provided no further words, but it was clear to them that he had.



 

Later that night, after a round of rice wine shots toasted to every table and what have you, Yoochun and Didi were currently resting at a stand just beside the vegetable field patch.

Since the both of them had been drinking, they couldn't drive back to Seoul. Hence, the village head had offered to let them rest for a while and wait until they are sober enough before they return to Seoul.

Despite that, they were both still quite tipsy due to the excitement from the earlier gathering. That was why Yoochun had suggested to chill at the location they were currently at where the ventilation is good.

"They certainly love you." Didi giggled, recalling how the elders were all over him, making sure that he was eating and drinking properly.

Yoochun nodded in response. "They have practically become my family."

"Must have be a nice experience living here then." She said, pouring a glass of iced water and taking a few sips before laying down on her back to have a view of the open sky. 'What a beautiful sight.'

"Definitely. The people here are friendlier, the night sky is clearer and the air is fresher." He replied, shaking his head in amusement. "This is the perfect paradise."

"I can't deny that." She giggled.

"The villagers here made me want to try to believe in people once more."

Didi turned to her side as she rested her head on her palm with her elbow on the ground. "It was a torture to be lost in the web of deceit, wasn't it?"

Yoochun turned around and patted her head before mimicking her posture akin to a mirror reflection. "Getting betrayed twice, what do you expect?"

There was a dark cloud looming over Yoochun, and it wasn’t hard to see that Yoochun was feeling the emotional hurt that he had experienced from before once again, just by thinking back about it.

"You know, even when it seems that the whole world is against you, just remember that there will always be at least one person that is on your side." She hurriedly added, placing her hand onto his shoulder as if to assure that she will always be there to support him.

He nodded. "I got that. It was once my parents, my brothers and the villagers here, especially granny." He spoke, reaching forward to remove a stray piece of leaf from her hair, "And now i have the whole Cjes family... and you too."

"Glad you realised that." She replied, trying her best to speak without stammering. She was suddenly glad that there surrounding is dim and he couldn't see her burning hot cheeks.

"You know, granny told us at this exact location that night after the performance, that we shouldn't give up so easily after just a few setbacks. 'Try and try again. It's ok, it's not the end if you fail, but it will definitely be if you choose to give up.' She can see that although we were satisfied with our simple life here, we will never be as happy as when we are performing in front of the crowd." He sighed. "She totally saw through us."

Once again, Didi did not try to interrupt, and let him continue speaking what had been hidden in the depth of his heart.

"We realised that we hadn't been putting in our best in what we love. We used to perform and try to be the best, but it was never the best. After that night, we had set a resolution for ourselves that, if we do get the chance to perform once again to our fans, we will perform as if every stage is our last stage. No matter how small the stage it, we will always give our best."

"You guys certainly made true of your words..." Didi found herself whispering.

Yoochun shook his head. "Not yet, but close. We will keep trying and trying, because we now know that there are people we can trust, who are watching over us."

"I'm glad you're back."

Fluttering his eyelids close, he had a faint smile on his face. "I'm glad i'm back too."

Silence surrounded them, but it was a comfortable kind of silence.

Even after the heartfelt talk, Didi couldn't will herself to sleep. She had tried to imagine herself in his shoes back then, but she totally cringed. The physical and mental torture to them was so great that she had mentally made a promise to herself that she will keep protecting the three of them as much as she can in order not to let them experience the same kind of pain again.

Then there was the intimate part of the talk where he had once again let her into his world, making her heart beat rapidly every time she recalled of their earlier conversation.

She blushed, eyes hovering toward where the seemingly asleep Yoochun was, curled up in a fetal sleeping position. Unconsciously, her hand reached out to sweep away the stray strands of hair. She observed his facial features. Sure, she knew how good looking this guy is, but seeing him up close made her realise how perfect he is.

He may not have the best complexion, but his glow is from within and not due to makeup or lightings like how the other celebrities are. He had the perfect set of eyes, long and curly eyelashes, sharp pointed nose, high cheekbones and pouty kissable...

"It's pretty cold." His lips suddenly moved, the ghost of a smile appearing.

'His lips moved? He's not asleep?' She wondered for a split second before turning away to the other side quickly, hoping that she wasn't caught in her act.

"I knew what you were doing." He continued speaking, a tinge of tease seeping through. “You were checking me out.”

"I don't know what you are talking about." She furiously denied, turning back and kicking him in his .

It sent him into a laughing fit, and it took him awhile before he spoke his next sentence. "Let's not return home tonight."

"What? No, you can't. You have filming tomorrow afternoon." She insisted, pinching his cheeks in an attempt to wipe the teasing look off his face.

Yoochun continued smiling nevertheless, knowing that he will win anyway. "We'll set off for Seoul early in the morning. You can't possibly let me drive in my current condition, can you?"

She was instantly defeated, especially when she heard him yawn lightly.

"It's going to be cold during the night though..." She reminded, pulling the only extra blanket the village head had provided them with earlier on over his fragile looking body. "You should keep yourself warm." She frowned, worrying about his health.

Another chuckle left his mouth, and in the span of the next few seconds, Didi had found herself comfortably under the cover as well.

"Speak for yourself." He grinned, pulling her nearer to him and hugging her arm like a bolster. He closed his eyes and whispered a soft 'good night, sweet dreams' by her eyes before drifting straight into his dreamland.

"Good night." She whispered back after snapping out of her trance.


 

She had a good night sleep that night, and when she woke up the next day, she had found two extra hot packs in either side of her sweater pockets. When questioned, Yoochun had feigned ignorance, although the glint in his eyes says otherwise.

It was refreshing to see him getting up earlier than she was, and by the time she had washed up, he had already brought over their breakfast for their consumption.

It was as though he had a new found energy within himself, a renewed determination to be exact. He was definitely feeling better after meeting up with the villagers.

On top of that, it felt like the bond between Yoochun and Didi had grown considerably closer as well, with the former opening his heart to her, indirectly making it known that he had complete trust in her, so much that he was able to let her know so much.



 

 

A/N (JY):
Ok, that's all for today's update. I'm gonna go curl up in bed.