Ch.08 - Blood

Prey

Yuri rushed back to the museum as quickly as she could. Yoona didn’t tell her details, or maybe she did, but Yuri didn’t listen. She just remembered the words Taeyeon and blood. She sounded quite calm but Yuri for sure wasn’t. When she arrived, Yoona and Taeyeon were already standing near the entrance. They… Looked quite okay. Except for the fact Taeyeon looked really pale and had her hand wrapped in some… blanket. Seriously, that piece of fabric was huge and it was soaking with blood.

“Oh my god, what happened?” Yuri asked as she looked at Taeyeon.

“She’s seriously a clutz,” Yoona rolled her eyes.

“I feel a bit dizzy,” Taeyeon mumbled, touching her hand with her healthy hand.

“I’ll explain on our way, let’s go before she faints, she’s losing too much blood,” Yoona ordered and Yuri just nodded before she helped the poor Taeyeon get into the car.

“So what happened?” Yuri asked again as she started the car.

“We were cooking. I wanted to do some bulgogi and Taeyeon wanted to help me. While cutting the meat her knife slid or something and…. I think she cut off her finger.”

“What?” Yuri barked. “Aish, seriously…”

“I didn’t cut it completely off, but I think I’m gonna throw up,” Taeyeon said, gulping and fanning herself. She was really very pale.

“Why didn’t you call the emergency?” Yuri asked Yoona.

“The emergency is too slow. At first I wanted to take her to the hospital herself, but you had the car, so I couldn’t,” Yoona explained.

“Guys…” Taeyeon mumbled, covering .

“No, Taeyeon, don’t throw up, we’re almost there,” Yuri said. She really didn’t want to have her nice car full of Taeyeon’s vomit.

Taeyeon nodded and took a deep breath.

“We’re here, Taeyeon-ah,” Yuri kept saying when she finally spotted the hospital. She parked and got out. She ran around the car to open the door even for Taeyeon and then she wanted to help her out, but as soon as Taeyeon stood up on her feet, she fainted…

 

 

Taeyeon slowly started to wake up a few hours later. At first she felt a dull pain in her left hand. Then she also realized her head hurt as well. She slowly opened her eyes. Everything was a bit blurry and her brain refused to work for a few seconds. After a minute or so, she slowly started to remember what happened. She peeked at her left hand. She wanted to know if they saved her finger or not, but she had the whole hand bandaged so she could see nothing. She didn’t know what time it was and it was frustrating her. She had nobody to ask, because she was alone in the room. She also realized she had an infusion in her right hand. She sighed and closed her eyes again. She felt weak. Then the door opened, so she took a look again.

“Ah, I see you’re finally awake, Miss Kim,” the really young doctor smiled. It was a tall girl, probably in Taeyeon’s age, maybe even younger, with a perfect white skin and a long black hair.

Taeyeon faintly smiled. She didn’t feel like doing more.

“I’m doctor Seo Juhyun and I’ll be taking care of you for the time of being,” the young doctor smiled.

Taeyeon gulped and her dry lips. “You’re a doctor?” she asked. For some reason that name felt familiar.

“Just an intern, but soon-to-be doctor,” Seohyun smiled. That smile looked a bit… unnatural though.

“What happened to my hand? And… head?” Taeyeon whispered.

“You fainted in front of the hospital and we needed to perform a surgery as soon as possible, so we gave you some sedatives and analgesics, but because of the blood lost, its effect multiplied,” Seohyun explained. “That’s why you needed the infusion. Your left hand should be okay by the way. We fixed it and if everything goes fine, your finger should be completely functional again. It may take some time though, the nerves were damaged. Anyway, we will keep you here for two days and then you can go home.”

“Two days?” Taeyeon groaned. “And where are my friends? Those two girls, they look like twins.”

“Oh, it’s already after visiting hours, we had to ask them to go away.”

Taeyeon frowned. “Couldn’t you make an exception? Or couldn’t I just go home?”

The doctor just smiled a bit. “First of all, don’t worry, Miss Kim, you’re completely safe here. And… I can reassure you somebody will visit you really soon. Really very soon.”

Taeyeon kept frowning even after that girl left. She felt like there was something she was missing. “Is she… a sidekick or something?”

 

 

Taeyeon was lying on the bed, just mindlessly staring at the ceiling. It was already dark. She wondered what time it was. Not that she didn’t have a clock in the room, but maybe due to the sedatives, she felt too lazy to turn her head and look at the alarm clock. She closed her eyes and though she should try to get some sleep. She felt really exhausted. Suddenly she felt a cold breeze. She just inhaled the fresh air through her nose not really thinking about its source.

“Ayooo, clumsy girl,” a familiar voice mumbled.

Taeyeon’s eyes shot opened. Suddenly she didn’t feel tired at all. She even sat up so she could see the dark silhouette better. “Tiffany?” she asked, her voice unusually husky. She cleared a bit.

“Are you okay?” Tiffany asked, obviously worried. She sat at the edge of Taeyeon’s bed and subconsciously grabbed the girl’s healthy hand. Taeyeon shivered a bit. Tiffany’s hand was really cold, but… it still felt really nice.

Taeyeon nodded. “How did you know about me?”

“Doctor Seo… she’s one of us,” Tiffany explained. “I told you about her, remember? The girl who gets us blood.”

“Ooh! Right!” Taeyeon realized. “That’s why her name felt familiar! She knows about me?”

“Yes, she does, but don’t worry, she won’t say anything.”

“Any… why? I mean, why are you here?” Taeyeon whispered and looked into Tiffany’s eyes. Those dark deep eyes. Taeyeon could almost see eternity. Their faces were close to each other. Really really close. Taeyeon her lips. It was the first time she was actually staring into Tiffany’s eyes from such a short distance and wasn’t scared to death. Tiffany wasn’t scaring her anymore. Now Taeyeon found her face really soft and beautiful. She didn’t look like a murderer at all anymore.

“I don’t know why,” Tiffany breathed out. Taeyeon could feel her breath on her face and lips. It was surprisingly warm and Taeyeon felt some kind of weird tingling sensation from it. Taeyeon’s eyes slid down to Tiffany’s nose and then lips. Then she looked back into the latter’s eyes. Tiffany winked. She was even closer now. Or at least that’s what Taeyeon thought. Just a few centimeters and they would… Then Tiffany abruptly pulled away and looked out of the window. “I really don’t know,” she repeated, this time louder.

Taeyeon breathed out out of relieve. What the heck just happened? They weren’t about to kiss or anything, but… yeah… Taeyeon wasn’t exactly against the thought of it. Nah… that would be just wrong and weird… she thought then and shook her head a bit.

“When I heard you’re hurt, I just had to see you,” Tiffany continued.

Taeyeon smiled. “Thanks a lot for coming, Fany-yah.”

“Fany-yah?” Tiffany repeated, surprised at the sudden nickname. Not that she didn’t like it, but it was too… girlish and soft for an emotionless vampire. She’s not supposed to be called Fany and she’s not supposed to like it. But… who cares right now, really.

Taeyeon just smiled and lied back on the bed.

“Will you stay with me overnight?” she asked and held Tiffany’s hand more tightly. Oh, that’s right. They kept holding hand for the whole time. Only then Tiffany realized it. It surprised her, how natural it felt. But she made sure Taeyeon wouldn’t notice how much it startled her.

“I will,” she just said and Taeyeon smiled at her before she closed her eyes.

Soon, she fell asleep. Holding Tiffany’s hand made her feel safe and t calmed her down.

Tiffany sighed at the sight of the sleeping girl. Then she used her free hand to fix Taeyeon’s hair. She kept the other girl’s fringe and after a few minutes she whispered: “Why do you make me feel like a human? Why do you make me feel… alive?”

 

 

“You did great, Hara,” Siwon smiled. Oh, well, it wasn’t a smile. He wasn’t exactly pleased about the news he had heard, so it was more like a smirk. “I knew it…” he mumbled. “I had always known we couldn’t trust her. Ever since my father Seunghyun warned me about her twenty years ago when we kidnapped her. May he rest in peace.”

Siwon of  course had noticed Tiffany’s weird behavior during the few past days so he sent Hara to stalk that girl. And Hara just returned from a hospital, informing Siwon about Taeyeon being alive and Tiffany helping her.

Hara just smiled, praised with Siwon’s praising.

“You can leave now, Hara,” Siwon instructed and the girl obeyed.

When he was alone, he frowned. “Oh Tiffany… I told you not to ever fall in love…” Then he rubbed his forehead. “I wonder how Seohyun is involved in this…”

 

 

Seohyun was studying in the library. She heard some couple talking and at first she didn’t pay attention, but then they started to talk about something really interesting. They obviously didn’t know she was present as well, so they kept openly gossiping.

“I’m not kidding, Hara unnie stalked Tiffany unnie and Tiffany unnie is in a huge trouble. But I don’t know any more details, Sunghee unnie refused to tell me.”

Seohyun frowned. It was the clan’s maknae, Sulli and… the other had to be her best friend, Minho.

Seohyun bit her lower lip, nervous and worried. It Hara told Siwon the name of the hospital and Seohyun was sure she did…. Siwon isn’t stupid, he know one plus one makes two.

Seohyun thought fast. Tiffany has to run away, there was no doubt about that. And then she needs to make sure they won’t suspect her. Technically, if Tiffany hadn’t told her, Seohyun wouldn’t even have known Taeyeon’s name. And that makes her innocent. She pouted.

“That’s what you get for breaking the rules, stupid stupid Juhyun,” she mumbled almost inaudibly to herself, before she abruptly stood up and ran out of the library…

 

Taeyeon slept very deeply that night. Maybe due to the heavy sedatives, maybe due to the fact Tiffany kept holding her hand the whole time. But when she woke up, she was alone in the room. She winked several times and sighed. It was already a bright day, Tiffany had to return. She felt quite well. Her hand didn’t even hurt anymore. She squinted at the alarm clock. It was almost seven in the morning. She kept staring at it and then, few minutes after seven, somebody knocked on the door. It was a doctor. Taeyeon was just about to spill at Seohyun like zillion questions, but… the doctor wasn’t Seohyun. It was some middle aged ugly guy.

“Good morning, Miss Kim,” the new doctor smiled.

“Good morning, where’s my doctor?” Taeyeon asked immediately.

“She had to take a day off, she has some personal problems, I’m doctor Park,” he said with a slight smile.

Taeyeon frowned a bit. “Personal… problems?” she mumbled and looked at the doctor. He just shrugged and started to examine Taeyeon’s hurt hand. He took off the bandage that was by the way soaked with blood and took at the almost cut off finger. It was sewed, but still looked pretty bad. He touched it and she hissed in pain. Okay, so maybe it still did hurt.

“You’re lucky, Miss Kim. You’re finger should fully recover, the knife missed all the important nerves.”

Taeyeon just nodded, still thinking about Seohyun. “Can I go home today already?” she asked then after the doctor disinfected and bandaged her finger again.

“We would rather keep you here one more day,” the doctor said. “You lost a huge amount of blood.”

Taeyeon slowly nodded. “Okay… whatever.”

“But we will put away the infusion today, I’ll tell the nurse to do it. Now rest,” he smiled and left, leaving Taeyeon alone.

 

 

Taeyeon was really bored all day long. Then finally at 3PM, they allowed Yuri and Yoona to visit her. They were joking around, trying to cheer Taeyeon up and brighten up her mood. And they did great. Taeyeon was really sad when they were told to leave by the head nurse. And it was only 6PM. She felt completely fine, she actually thought about signing that permission to leave the hospital, but then she changed her mind. She had one simple reason. Tiffany. She may visit her again tonight.

The sun was already about to set, when somebody entered the room without knocking. Taeyeon looked up and spotted… Seohyun.

“You’re in danger, you have to leave,” she said to absolutely confused Taeyeon and threw at her some clothes. “Change your clothes. Quickly.”

Taeyeon looked at the clothes. “What happened?”

“They know about you, I hope Tiffany will make it here soon, why aren’t you changing?!”

Taeyeon quickly started to change. “How do they know?” she asked while putting on the shirt Seohyun gave her.

“They were stalking Tiffany and found out you’re here. Damn… I hope they didn’t get her, but I think I managed to warn her in time…” Seohyun mumbled.

Taeyeon frowned and quickly dressed. The sun meanwhile set and Seohyun kept telling her to change faster.

“Now let’s go. I can’t go with you, but… damn…” Seohyun looked out of the window and suddenly she looked a bit relieved. “She’s here. Go out of the room to the right and to the…” Seohyun counted the windows, “fourth room. Tiffany’s already inside.”

Taeyeon quickly nodded and did as Seohyun told. Seohyun was left alone in the room and she bit her lower lip as she spotted Hara climbing inside the building as well. “Oh damn,” she mumbled, but she knew she couldn’t do anything. She already did a really really bad thing. She established her position in the clan in the morning by telling Siwon some lies and she couldn’t risk losing it. So she just returned into her office acting like there’s nothing wrong…

 

 

“Aish, I swear I couldn’t have chosen a worse window… but this was the only one opened!” Tiffany whined as she looked around the blood bank. She felt like drinking it all, but she resisted. As far as she didn’t smell it, it was all good. Then suddenly the door opened.

“Taeyeon!” Tiffany breathed out, relieved.

“Omo, Fany, what is going on? Seohyun didn’t tell me anything specific,” Taeyeon whispered as she ran towards Tiffany.

“I’ll tell you on our way,” Tiffany answered and looked around to take Taeyeon and jump out of the window, but she spotted a girl there. “Hara.”

“Hi, Tiffany. You’re not going anywhere,” Hara said as she took out her dagger and ran to Tiffany. Tiffany didn’t have enough time to avoid the attack or to take out her own weapon, so Hara started to win this fight really quickly. Taeyeon realized, Tiffany’s losing so she tried to push the other girl away. Everything was happening too fast, Taeyeon couldn’t even see their moves properly. But she saw scratches on Tiffany’s hand. She was bleeding. Not a lot, because vampires don’t have much blood, but she was definitely hurting a lot. Taeyeon grabbed Hara’s wrist to stop her. She managed to stop the girl for live two seconds, but that was enough for Tiffany. She took out her own dagger and tried to stab Hara. Taeyeon didn’t know if Tiffany missed or not, because Hara pushed her away and Taeyeon pretty much flew all the way across the room. Her back and head then hit something quite soft. And wet. Her entire clothes was soaking with a red liquid as she fell right into the bags of blood and some of them ripped. She had blood everywhere. In her hair, on her face. She her lips and tasted blood even there. That… didn’t taste bad. It was actually really sweet. She more. Then suddenly Tiffany’s voice echoed in her head. “Young vampires are having hard time with the blood lust. I really advise you not to taste a blood other than your own.”

Well… okay.

 

 

A/N: Forgot to update again? xD Well I had some personal problems :/ Nothing's solved yet, but whatever :D

Look forward to more TaeNy! Hahahah

And maybe some more new characters? ^^