Ch.26 - Left

Prey

Yoona and Seohyun were having quite fun. They were talking about Yoona’s health condition and other topics like that, nothing too private, but they were slowly getting more and more comfortable. One of the reasons why Yoona disliked it when BoA, Tiffany and Taeyeon returned home. Those three happened to meet at the entrance.

Seohyun immediately stood up as she spotted them. “BoA unnie, Tiffany unnie, Taeyeon unnie, hello!” she greeted them all really well and bowed her head.

Yoona was a bit slower and not so eager, but greeted them as well.

“Seohyun-ah, what are you doing here?” Tiffany asked, surprised.

“I was send by Siwon oppa to talk with BoA unnie.”

“Oh really?” BoA wondered. “Why?”

“I was told to discuss this matter with you in private,” Seohyun said.

“Whatever you want to tell me, they can hear. I will tell them anyways, no need to tell me in private.”

Seohyun sighed as she looked around the room. “Well then. So… you know about the mysterious Bear clan that appeared out of nowhere in this region, right?” she asked.

BoA nodded. “Yes, I do, Jessica and Yuri killed one of them.”

“I did too,” Tiffany added.

“Really?” BoA asked, surprised.

“Yes, when I ran away, I met one.”

“Yes, well, the thing is, only slayers seem to be able to kill those vampires.”

“I’m a vampire!” Tiffany protested immediately.

“But you’re a slayer too. Don’t forget your blood is mixed,” Taeyeon reminded.

“That’s true,” Seohyun nodded. “Well… the thing is… those vampires killed some of our people already, including Jaejoong oppa. Siwon oppa needs to get rid of them for… obvious reasons. They’re making this place mess, do you watch news? They killed some citizens already, this is getting serious.”

“So you want us to help you, right?” BoA asked, looking uninterested.

“Well… yes,” Seohyun nodded.

“Why us? There should be some other hunters. Every clan of vampires has a counterpart, hunters,” Yoona said.

“Yes, I know that, but we are unable to find those hunters. Seems like there are none. Which is why we need your help.”

“And why would be help you?” BoA asked. “I don’t think Siwon would be so naive to send you without having something to offer.“

“And you are right,” Seohyun nodded. “He is willing to leave Taeyeon unnie alone and let Tiffany unnie go,” she said, looking at the mentioned girls.

Tiffany’s eyes sparkled a bit and Taeyeon let out a quiet sigh of surprise.

“That’s….” Taeyeon slowly said. But she didn’t know how to continue.

“Of course, that’s a must,” BoA laughed a bit. “But don’t you think that’s not enough?”

“Wait, wait, I actually think it’s pretty generous,” Taeyeon mumbled, tugging the hem of BoA’s shirt. “I don’t think we should refuse.”

BoA shook her head. “It’s not that easy. I mean… we’ve been enemies for some time already, how can we trust you? And what do we know about them, the other clan?”

“We know they are no good,” Seohyun said. “Don’t you watch the news? They kill innocent people. They don’t care about consequences. They don’t seem to stop any time soon and their slayers are just nowhere to find.”

BoA scratched her head a bit. “I need to think about it. This is a serious thing.”

“I don’t think Siwon oppa is somehow willing to negotiate, but… I can try to ask him for more,” Seohyun said. She really did seem pretty desperate.

“Is there anything they have and we want?” BoA asked Yoona.

Yoona shrugged. She didn’t know.

But Taeyeon spoke up. “I… I want something.”

“What is it?” BoA and Seohyun asked simultaneously.

“First, I want the same immunity even for Hyoyeon. And… I want… my parents’ and Tiffany’s parents’ researches… The cure.”

 

 

 

“They want the researches and immunity for Taeyeon’s sister,” Seohyun announced to Siwon only like an hour later.

Siwon’s eyes widened a bit. “She has a sister? There’s more of them?”

Seohyun just nodded once. “It’s just her though.”

Siwon rubbed his forehead as he thought about it. “Why do they want the researches?”

Seohyun shrugged. “They probably want to use the cure? I don’t know, I’m sorry,” she said.

He looked at her, examining her face, looking for a lie. She wasn’t lying. “I… I tried to make the cure. It doesn’t work, the research is useless. And I can’t really give it to them, because I have destroyed it. But I will give them the cure I made. I have a bottle or two of it in my safe.”

Seohyun suspiciously looked at him, before she nodded. “I think they will be fine with that. But I think you should give it to me now, so I could give it to them. They won’t accept the offer if we won’t give it to them beforehand.”

Siwon nodded. “Sure, I don’t need it anyways, it doesn’t work, I don’t even know why I kept it, I guess I was hoping maybe it just needs some time and then it will magically start working…” he mumbled more to himself than to Seohyun as he went to open his main safe. She peeked inside and there really were just two single bottles of some dark liquid. And some gold, relics and other random stuff you can usually find in a safe.

He just gave those bottles to Seohyun. “Give it to them and tell them they have the immunity.”

Seohyun took the two bottles and hid them well before she deeply bowed and turned to leave. She was surprised to see Minho standing behind the door.

“What are you doing here?” she asked, suspicious.

“Nothing, just passing by,” he said nonchalantly.

Seohyun frowned. He just smiled and slowly walked away.

Cooperating with vampire slayers? He could never agree to that…

 

 

 

Taeyeon was lying on the bed, playing with a small bottle of whatever.

“I hope he didn’t mess up,” she said as she shook it, looking at the liquid inside it.

“We just need to add blood of a vampire that hasn’t drank human blood so far and then you’re supposed to drink it, right?” Tiffany asked. She was sitting on the edge of the bed, looking at Taeyeon.

“Would you take it?” Taeyeon just asked, without answering Tiffany’s question.

“Huh?” Tiffany’s eyes widened a bit.

Taeyeon stared at her. “Would you take the cure? Would you like to become what Seohyun is? Or… me?”

Tiffany nodded. “Of course! Being able to go out during the day and no blood lust? Of course I would!”

Taeyeon smiled, sat up and put the bottle on the night stand right next to the other bottle. “But what about the second one? What are we going to do with it?”” she asked, looking at the two bottles.

Tiffany shrugged. “I don’t know. Does it matter now?”

“I guess it doesn’t. We don’t even know if it’s going to work. We can always use the second one later. Plus… the number one problem right now is… where to get that vampire?” Taeyeon realized.

“Good point. I don’t know about any,” Tiffany said.

Taeyeon just sighed as she hid the bottles into a drawer and lay back down on the bed. “Come here,” she smirked playfully as she patted the empty place next to her.

“O-okay, sure,” Tiffany stuttered and soon she was lying right next to Taeyeon. They were staring at each other in a complete silence.

Suddenly somebody knocked on the door and entered the room. Both girls quickly sat up.

“What’s up?” Taeyeon quickly asked.

“Uh, I need something,” Yoona said in an awkward tone, looking at the two with her eyebrows raised, as she walked towards the chest of drawers and took out some envelope.

“What is it?” Taeyeon asked curiously.

“My spare money… Jiyong, oppa just called me, he got into some kind of trouble again and he doesn’t wanna BoA unnie and Yuri unnie to know,” Yoona rolled her eyes. “Oh, Taeyeon, can you come with me for just a moment?”

“Okay,” Taeyeon nodded and followed Yoona into the empty living room. Seohyun already left, Yuri hadn’t arrived yet and BoA was probably in her room or somewhere. “What is it?” Taeyeon asked.

“Unnie… you do know that room you are currently living in is still my room, right?” Yoona asked, whispering.

“Yes, I do,” Taeyeon slowly nodded.

“And that bed is also mine, you know?”

“Yes, I do,” Taeyeon nodded again, this time faster.

“And… well… how to tell you this?”

“What is it? You can tell me anything,” Taeyeon encouraged.

“Okay, I’ll keep it short. Don’t you dare to have in my bed or in my room,” Yoona blurted out.

Taeyeon blushed hard and looked away. Yoona cleared and her cheeks also turned slightly pink. That was awkward. But she made her point and that’s what she needed to do.

“S-sure, don’t worry, we weren’t really… planning to… do it… anytime soon… you know?” Taeyeon stuttered, embarrassed.

“Good, good…” Yoona mumbled. “Okay, that’s all,” she laughed and turned around to leave the place. “Gotta go help Jiyong!” she said as she left.

Taeyeon just sighed and rubbed her forehead. “Oh gosh… embarrassing…”

Then her cell phone beeped. She took it out of her pocket. Her eyes widened in shock as she looked at the text…

 

 

 

Tiffany was still sitting on the bed when Taeyeon returned.

“What did she want?” she asked as soon as the shorter girl joined her on the bed.

“Nothing,” Taeyeon mumbled.

Tiffany frowned. “What… is wrong?”

“Nothing,” Taeyeon just said again and she smiled. “Really, it was just a stupid thing, don’t worry.”

“O… kay,” Tiffany nodded slowly. Taeyeon was acting weird. What did Yoona tell her? Tiffany could tell Taeyeon was upset. She tried to enter Taeyeon’s mind gently. There was a wall. Tiffany knew she couldn’t go inside. Firstly, it would be totally impolite, secondly, Taeyeon was protecting her mind well.

Tiffany sighed. What is going on?

 

 

 

Taeyeon didn’t sleep well that night, if at all. Tiffany noticed. Tiffany knew something is wrong. But she didn’t ask. She knew Taeyeon wouldn’t tell her. So Tiffany just immersed herself in her own thoughts, sitting on the ground, her eyes closed. She heard some weird noises. She opened her eyes after a few seconds and saw Taeyeon sitting on the bed, scratching her head. She really didn’t look well.

“What’s wrong?” Tiffany asked. She tried it again.

Taeyeon just shook her head. “Don’t worry. What time is it?” she asked.

“Around 8AM,” Tiffany answered. “It’s already day.”

Taeyeon slowly nodded. “Okay… bathroom,” she just said and left the room.

She really did go to the bathroom. But Taeyeon also needed to check how many people are here. Yoona and Yuri were probably still sleeping, so was Jiyong. BoA was probably gone. Taeyeon wasn’t sure, but the place was really quiet. Yuri’s lap top caught her attention. What a nice coincidence! She could check what she needed to check. So she did.

And then she went to check the door. It was locked. She sighed. Of course. But she still has time, she still has time…

 

 

 

“I’m meeting Sunny today in the afternoon,” Taeyeon told Yuri few hours later. She tried to sounds as casually as she could. And it worked. Yuri didn’t seem suspicious at all.

“Oh, where?” Yuri asked. “I will go with you. You never know, it’s still dangerous.”

“No, that’s okay, she’s coming to the museum, we’re gonna hang out around the place, she hasn’t seen your expositions yet,” Taeyeon smiled.

“Okay, I’ll let the door opened,” Yuri just nodded as she put on her shoes. She was going out. On a late lunch date. With Jessica. Ooooh. “I don’t know when I’ll be back, but Yoona is here and so is Jiyong so…”

“Yeah, sure thing, thanks, Yul,” Taeyeon said and Yuri left with a ‘Bye’.

  Taeyeon was left in the room alone again. She touched her pockets. It was there. The two tiny bottles. They were both there. She didn’t believe in god, but she still closed her eyes and prayed a bit. Then she checked the clock. It was just 3PM. She still has a lot of time.

She returned to her room. Tiffany was sitting on the bed with a slight smile as she looked at Taeyeon. Taeyeon came to her and hugged her.

“W-what’s wrong?” Tiffany asked again, surprised.

“Nothing’s wrong,” Taeyeon whispered gently into Tiffany’s ear before pecking it. “I just wanted to do this, because I love you.” And because I may never see you again after what I’m about to do tonight…

 

 

A/N: Wooo, drama's here ^^ What is happening to Taeyeon o___O Kkk, you will find out in the next chapter ^^

Thank you all for reading & commenting, I love you guys!!!