Ch.17 - Kiss It

Prey

“Yoona-yah, don’t throw up…” Yuri warned.

“What a sister and a friend are you,” Yoona complained. “You care about your car more than you care about me.”

“That’s not true! It’s just this car was really expensive!” Yuri argued back.

“Yeah, yeah, whatever, please drive more carefully, you driving too fast is making my stomach feel even more uneasy.”

“We’re here,” Yuri said like a minute later as she stopped the car and helped Yoona get out.

A familiar voice yelled their names. “Yuri-unnie! Yoona-sshi!”

“Oh, Seohyun-sshi! Something is wrong with Yoona,” Yuri said.

“Seo-Seoh- Bleeeeeeerghh!”

“Ah, ew, Yoona-yahh!” Yuri shrieked as she jumped a meter away to avoid Yoona’s vomit.

“Oh, Yoona-sshi, what’s wrong?”

Yoona just shook her head as she clutched onto her hurting stomach. She closed her eyes, feeling totally embarrassed. In front of Seohyun… Not again…

 

 

“What if it’s something serious?” Taeyeon asked with a concerned look in her eyes.

She and Tiffany were lying on the bed, facing each other. They were holding hands. Taeyeon wasn’t really sure how that happened, it felt… natural.

“What are you talking about?” Tiffany whispered.

“Yoona, silly… What if she’s really sick?”

“She’ll be okay, don’t worry.”

“I hope so…”

Silence filled the room for a few minutes. They just kept looking at each other with mixed expression.

Then a beeping of Taeyeon’s phone interrupted them.

“Oh, that’s from Yuri!” Taeyeon shrieked as she sat up.

“What does it say?” Tiffany asked as she sat up as well.

“So it’s appendicitis. Yoona will be fine, don’t worry about her. She just embarrassed herself in front of Seohyun, hahahaha.”

Tiffany laughed. “How nice of her. Seriously.” She lay back on the bed and Taeyeon did the same. She looked relieved and she was mesmerized by Tiffany’s laugh.

“Are you happy?” she asked suddenly and once again started to play with Tiffany’s fingers, looking at their hands. When Tiffany wasn’t answering, she slowly looked up.

Tiffany was smiling showing that beautiful eye-smile of hers once again.

“I’ve never been happier,” she said.

Taeyeon showed her wide smile as well. Tiffany blushed and that made Taeyeon laugh.

“It’s so unusual seeing you like… this. It’s adorable, I love it.”

Tiffany’s cheeks turned even redder.

“T-T-TaeTae?” she stuttered with a completely vulnerable look in her eyes.

“Huh? What is it?” Taeyeon asked, chuckling a bit at her new nickname, while supportively holding Tiffany’s hand tight.

“Remember the last time you kissed me?” Tiffany whispered all shy.

Taeyeon giggled. That was so damn cute. “Of course I do,” she nodded.

“Remember how you… wanted to kiss me again then, but we got interrupted?”

Taeyeon was holding back her laughing. She had a feeling that she knew what was going on. But she had a bit too much fun, so she decided not to do anything to help Tiffany until the poor girl, who was totally struggling with words at the moment, asks her herself directly.

“And… would you do it again? Or have you changed your mind?”

“Well…” Taeyeon pretended to think hard. “I…” she started slowly, teasing Tiffany. “… would,” she finished then.

Tiffany gulped. “And… will you do it?”

“Should I?”

“Well…” Tiffany looked down completely embarrassed. Taeyeon let out a quiet laugh. She didn’t want to tease the poor girl anymore, so she leaned towards Tiffany and used her fingers to push her chin up. Their noses touched.

“Close your eyes,” Taeyeon whispered, her hot breath tickling Tiffany’s red lips. The other girl obeyed. Taeyeon smiled and closed her eyes too before she once again tasted those lips.

Tiffany shivered. Taeyeon put her hand around Tiffany’s waist, pressing their bodies together as well, as she gently moved her lips against Tiffany’s. Taeyeon’s body was filled with warmness as she felt Tiffany was slowly responding and started to hesitatingly kiss her back. Taeyeon then slowly pulled away, still holding Tiffany in her arms and gently kissed the latter’s nose and forehead. She couldn’t help but grin at the sight of Tiffany, who still had her eyes closed, her eye-lashes were shivering, lips slightly parted, her cheeks were red and her chest was repeatedly raising and falling from the heavy breathing (not that Taeyeon was looking at it… or at least not a lot). After like five seconds Tiffany finally opened her eyes and stared at Taeyeon. They just kept looking at each other lovingly and Taeyeon started to run her fingers through Tiffany’s raven hair and gently her fringe. Tiffany blinked.

“I don’t understand myself,” she said then.

Taeyeon just shook her head. “Don’t worry about it. You don’t have to understand it, just… follow your heart.”

Tiffany bit her lower lip. She was confused. She was always neglecting all her feelings because that was what they taught her. They always told her to act only according to rules. No emotions involved. Just do what they tell you… And so Tiffany did the exact opposite of what Taeyeon just had told her. She started to think about this.

She suddenly remembered the thing with the diary. Why didn’t Taeyeon tell her about it? That was bothering her. Taeyeon, why don’t you tell me?

“Is something wrong?” Taeyeon asked, worried still playing with Tiffany’s soft hair.

Tiffany smiled a bit and slowly shook her head. She forced herself to push all those doubtful thoughts into the very back of her mind. Taeyeon was right. This was not the right time to think. Tiffany agreed. She knew she needed to learn how to rely on emotions and intuition more. She made a mental note to work on that. But later. Now she decided to believe Taeyeon. She was determined not to ruin this moment with some stupid, petty questions. She made herself forget about it surprisingly quickly. Well… Just looking into Taeyeon’s beautiful brown eyes was making her mind go completely blank and her body go crazy. She wasn’t used to this type of feelings at all. Happiness. Her head and entire body was filled with a pure happiness. She felt like a completely different person. She had never been so happy. Or actually…. She had never been happy.

She kept staring into Taeyeon’s eyes when she suddenly noticed something weird. Her forehead furrowed a bit. “TaeTae…”

“Mhm?” Taeyeon mumbled with a questioning look.

“Your eyes…”

 

 

“Yuri unnie!”

Yuri immediately stood up from the chair she had been sitting at and looked at Seohyun all worried.”Yes? Anything with Yoona?”

Seohyun shook her head, but her expression was telling Yuri that something serious is going on. “Yoona-sshi is being perfectly fine,” Seohyun said the good news, but it came out pretty flatly. Doctor Lee did an amazing job, there were no complications, everything went well. Yoona-sshi can go home in a three or four days. But… there is some other thing I need to tell you.”

“What is it?” Yuri asked, nervous. Her eyebrows formed a one long line.

“Our clan has kidnapped Sunye,” Seohyun informed quietly. “I found out just yesterday, I had no time to let you know… As much as I feel sorry for Yoona-sshi, thank god for this opportunity.”

“Wait… who?” Yuri interrupted, puzzled.

“My boss… Siwon… he has Min Sunye and he’s holding her as a hostage. Basically. They are torturing her and drinking her blood. Barbarians.”

“Sunye?”

“Yeah, Taeyeon unnie’s ex-girlfriend.”

“Aahhh, that one! Right!” Yuri suddenly remembered. “Yoona told me that some Taeyeon’s crazy ex had returned to the city!” she stopped for a second as she realized something. “But that poor girl is completely innocent and doesn’t know about anything!” she shrieked, horrified.

“I know and they know it too… They’re trying to send a message.”

“A message? We wouldn’t even know if you didn’t tell me right now.”

Seohyun slowly nodded. “They don’t know that Sunye is Taeyeon unnie’s ex girlfriend who isn’t loved by Taeyeon unnie anymore. They think Taeyeon unnie cares about her. And they want to remind her that even thought they are not after her right now, they still know about her.”

“Wait wait wait… what do you mean, that they are not after her right now?”

“Some unknown vampires are having a bit too much fun in this city,” Seohyun explained. “So those intruders are the main priority of our clan now. But nobody forgets about Taeyeon unnie, especially Siwon doesn’t.”

Yuri slowly nodded. “Intruders?” she asked then.

Seohyun just shrugged. “No idea. I don’t know anything about it.”

Yuri slowly nodded, digesting all the new information.

“Unnie?”

“Uhuh?”

“How is Tiffany unnie doing? Does she have enough blood? Isn’t she lonely?” Seohyun asked worriedly.

Yuri let out a little smile. “She’s doing just fine…”

 

 

“What’s up with my eyes?” Taeyeon asked.

“Seems… red,” Tiffany explained. “Doesn’t it hurt?”

Taeyeon pushed herself up and rubbed her eyes. “It actually feels a bit itchy lately. I need to see the doctor; I probably need new contact lenses.”

“You wear contact lenses?” Tiffany asked, surprised.

“Yup,” Taeyeon laughed. “You were staring into my eyes for such a long time and you didn’t notice?”

Tiffany stood up. “Take them out,” she ordered, her tone a bit weird. It scared Taeyeon actually. Tiffany’s voice was suddenly deeper and quieter. It made Taeyeon remember their first meeting when Tiffany scared the hell out of her.

“O-okay,” Taeyeon nodded. She wasn’t sure why should she do it, but she did it.

Tiffany meanwhile was standing next to the table, her back facing Taeyeon and playing with something. It was a pen. “Done?” Tiffany asked without looking at Taeyeon.

“Yeah,” Taeyeon answered, blinking.

“Do you see well?”

Taeyeon’s eyes widened. She actually saw perfectly fine. “I… my sight… I see everything. My shortsightedness is gone!” Taeyeon said in disbelieve and looked at Tiffany. Tiffany was still acting weird. “Tiffany?”

Suddenly Tiffany quickly turned around and-

“Ouch!” Taeyeon yelped. “What the heck, Tiffany?!” she shrieked as she rubbed her nose.

“Sorry,” Tiffany smiled apologetically and finally looked like she’s back to her new usual self.

“Why would you throw a pen at me? Ouch, I think my nose is broken. Did you really have to use that much strength? Wait, no… Did you really have to throw it at me?” Taeyeon whined. “You almost hit my eye!”

Tiffany returned to the bed and sat on it. “It was a test,” she explained.

“Test of what?”

“You… know you’re turning into a vampire right?”

“Well… I guess so. I thought maybe the process is somehow… not working since I got the cure.”

“I thought so too. Until you told me your sight got better. That means the process is still on. Your senses are getting better. You should be also getting faster and stronger. And you shouldn’t be so clumsy anymore.”

“Well, it’s been a while since I broke something. But wait, what does it mean?”

“Nothing,” Tiffany shrugged. “The pen was test of your reflexes. If you had caught it, we would have been in a trouble. But since you didn’t, we are not. It means the process is slow. Which is good. You’re still more human than vampire.”

Taeyeon slowly nodded, frowning. “Ouch,” she repeated then and pointed at her nose.

“I’m really sorry, TaeTae, how can I make you feel better? I’ll do anything.”

“Anything?” A mischievous smirk appeared on Taeyeon’s face.

“Well… yeah.”

“Promise?”

“O…kay.”

“Kiss it,” Taeyeon smiled cheekily.

“TaeTae…” Tiffany hesitated.

“You promised!” Taeyeon whined loudly.

“Okay, okay!”

Tiffany put her hand on Taeyeon’s shoulder and very gently kissed her nose. Taeyeon was smiling like the biggest dork ever.

“Thanks, it doesn’t hurt anymore,” she said then, acting all childish.

Tiffany sighed in a defeat, but kept smiling. “You dork.”

 

 

“Don’t you think Ian Somerhalder is the hottest thing ever?” Sooyoung asked while stuffing with more popcorn.

Sunny nodded. “Well… he’s not bad.”

The two girls were sitting in the back of Yuri’s cafe and were watching The Vampire Diaries on Sooyoung’s laptop. They were supposed to go to the cinema, but all the tickets were sold out, so they’ve decided to go with something more… private.

It was all Sooyoung’s plan actually. She was still trying hard to find out what Sunny knows. She knew that all the tickets were sold out, but she still acted like she didn’t. Poor Sunny had no idea. I’m so evil, Sooyoung thought. But she didn’t really regret.

On the other hand, Sunny felt a bit uncomfortable. She didn’t really like Sooyoung’s choice of TV series. But well… she got it, Sooyoung was interested in vampires. Sunny was thinking hard, her eyes fixed on the screen. She should probably try to find out more about that vampire Sooyoung knows…

“Tell me about that vampire you know,” she suddenly said.

Sooyoung was obviously surprised at the question, but quickly hid it. “What would you like to know?”

“Who is she? How do you know she’s a vampire? When did she turn?”

“She’s my best friend actually. Her name is Hyoyeon. Well, how do we know…”

“Wait, ‘we’?”

“Yeah, me and my cousin, Nicole.”

“Ah.”

“Yeah, well… Nicole is her girlfriend by the way. Once Nicole was making dinner and she cut her finger. Hyoyeon, gosh, who does that, came to her and put Nicole’s finger into to stop bleeding. And since then, weird things are happening to her. She… she killed many people. She bites their necks like an animal,” Sooyoung whispered sadly. “It’s not her fault, she can’t help it.”

“You’re… an incredibly tolerant person, Choi Sooyoung,” Sunny said, quite amazed.

“Well… I can tell when people are honest and when they lie, didn’t you notice already? I know my friend Hyoyeon is being completely honest when she says she has no control over it.”

“Can I meet her?” Sunny suddenly asked.

“I’m not sure. I’ll ask her,” Sooyoung answered, her eyes fixed back on the screen. She looked like she didn’t want to talk about this anymore. Sunny saw it, but she felt like she should return the favor and tell Sooyoung at least something, that could possibly help her and her friend. She wanted. But she couldn’t. She can’t say anything, she can’t reveal anything. Or… maybe she can as long as she’s not specific.

“I know a few vampires,” she said then. Sooyoung slowly turned her head. She didn’t look surprised at all. She just didn’t bother to act, it didn’t really matter to her. She didn’t say a word though, so Sunny just continued. “Well, I mean… I know two vampires. Or… actually just half vampires. And a few vampire hunters.”

Sooyoung raised her eyebrows. “Half vampires? And oh my gosh, there is such a thing as vampire hunters?” she asked, worries obvious in her voice.

“Uh, well…” Sunny hesitated and thought about her single word. She needs to be careful. She thought she shouldn’t have mentioned the hunters.

“Please tell me,” Sooyoung begged. “I need to know to warn Hyoyeon, what if they try to hurt her?”

“I don’t think you need to worry,” Sunny said. “There are two clans. The Kwons are good kids, they wouldn’t hurt her, and the Jungs are probably busy doing something else. They have other problems to deal with.”

Sooyoung frowned and tried to recall the name she saw on the door of Yuri’s cafe. She remembers seeing Yuri’s full name there, but she wasn’t sure if it was Kwon or not. Wasn’t it Kang? Nah, Kang Yuri doesn’t sound right… Kwon Yuri… ? She made a mental note to check once she’s leaving. But Sooyoung had a huge suspicion that Yuri is that hunter or whatever. Unless, of course, there are other supernatural beings.

They were watching the TV for a few moments, but then Sunny broke the silence between them again. “Does your friend Hyoyeon have some kind of a scar on her wrist?” she suddenly asked, realizing something important.

Sooyoung slowly nodded, looking surprised and amazed. “Yes, she does actually. Why? What does it mean?”

“What does it look like? Does it have some animal shape?”

“I’m not really sure, it’s not my scar, I didn’t examine it much. But I think… maybe a dog? Why? What does it mean?” she said and then repeated the two questions.

“A dog you say…” Sunny tried to remember everything Taeyeon had told her about the clans. She didn’t remember any dogs. “Doesn’t it look more like a fox? Or a wolf?”

“I don’t know. Just a dog? Why does it matter?” Sooyoung kept asking, confused, but damn curious.

“Well… I don’t think I can tell you that much. I’m sorry, I just can’t,” Sunny breathed out and then smiled apologetically. Sooyoung could see Sunny was sincere. She knew it wasn’t Sunny’s secret and she understood why the latter couldn’t say it. Sunny was just being a loyal and reliable friend. And Sooyoung liked that. Loyalty was a quality she always appreciated. Plus, she already knew what she wanted to know. Vampire hunters….

 

 

A/N: Finally back with an update. Gosh, so many things to school now >.< But writing my last exam tomorrow before the two months long summer break, oh yeah! Wish me luck, guys :P

The drama is about to start! Mwahaha But don't worry :) &.... you can look forward to some YoonHyun :)

Thanks for your lovely comments! Love ya all! :)