Ch.30 - Desire For Revenge

Prey

A day passed. Two days passed. Three days passed.

Everybody was like their body was lacking all of their energy, though they weren’t tired. At least not physically.

Yuri and Yoona were still feeling completely down. So was Taeyeon, because even though she tried to act like everything was fine, she was still blaming herself. And Tiffany knew and that was making her sad too.

Jessica tried to spend as much time with Yuri as possible, but she had her obligations at the theatre. She had a little adorable secret. Turned out she was a musical actress. Taeyeon was a bit jealous, she always wanted to sing, not necessarily in a musical, but… simply just sing. And not just in a restaurant for a few buck. She didn’t have a lot of time to be jealous though. She spent most of the time simply regretting her decision.

The third day was the same one as the previous two so far.

Taeyeon was just lying on a couch, Tiffany sitting next to her. They seemed calm. They say time heals everything. And it’s probably true. But it was still too soon to talk about healing. It was more like… the pain, regrets and other feelings turned somehow dull. Maybe it’s slowly getting better… Well… definitely… Time helps, indeed. But everything seemed to… lifeless.

Yuri and Jessica were sitting on Yuri’s bed, Jessica hugging Yuri, humming her a sweet song. Yuri just sighed. She couldn’t even cry anymore. She just hugged Jessica more tightly. She looked at her and their eyes met. Jessica stopped with the singing, finally seeing something different then grief in Yuri’s eyes after the three days. But Jessica wasn’t sure what the emotion is. But she felt it was not good at all. Yuri looked determined. So determined Jessica didn’t like it…

 

 

 

Sunny sighed and looked at Sooyoung as they walked around a park.

“You’re still worried?” Sooyoung asked.

Sunny nodded. “Yes.”

“I thought Taeyeon told you she was fine and not to worry this morning.”

Sunny just shook her head a bit. It’s been a while since she saw her best friend last time. She heard about the incident and wanted to help, but Taeyeon told her not to come. So Sunny listened, though she hated it. The past three days she had kind of… nothing to do, so she decided to hang out with Sooyoung. Why not? After all, she was still really into the tall girl. And Sooyoung didn’t seem to mind either. But she still couldn’t fully enjoy the hot summer days, seeing her best friend was sad.

“That’s what she says. You’re the one who taught me how to tell when a person is lying. And… her voice sounded differently, it kept going higher at the end of each sentence, she kept repeating stuff, clearing and she was trying hard to change the topic asking me how I am doing,” Sunny explained.

“Oh, you’ve been a good student,” Sooyoung said proudly and ruffled Sunny’s hair, causing her to blush a bit.

“I know I have, but that’s not the topic now. The problem is my best friend isn’t doing fine and I don’t know how to help her,” Sunny said.

“I don’t think you can do anything at the moment. She needs some time to herself and you can’t help her if she doesn’t want your help,” Sooyoung said, putting her hand around Sunny’s shoulders, rubbing her arm. “Hyoyeon is the same. I’ve decided to give her some space. If she wishes to be alone, then let her be. Though I’m pretty sure Taeyeon is with Tiffany and Hyoyeon with Nicole.”

“But what if she wants my help, but is just too prideful to ask for it? Shouldn’t I help her automatically? Aren’t I obliged to help her without her asking?” Sunny asked.

“You’re over-analyzing it, Kyu,” Sooyoung said.

“Oh god, please, don’t call me like that,” Sunny said, making a gagging sound.

“Then how should I call you? You already said no to Sunkyu,” Sooyoung said in a kind of whining voice.

“Just Sunny is fine, really,” Sunny answered.

“But everybody calls you like that, that’s boring, I wanna call you differently,” Sooyoung argued.

Sunny sighed. “Okay… you can call me Kyu or whatever…” Actually, she was okay with all of those names if they came out of Sooyoung’s sweet mouth.

“Mhm and what about Bunny? I like it, Sunny Bunny!” Sooyoung smiled brightly.

“Oh my… God no!” Sunny said, protesting. “Kyu, please?” she begged and stuck her tongue into her cheek.

Sooyoung chuckled. “Sunny Bunny will be fine,” she said.

Sunny sighed in defeat. “Whatever…”

“Cool!” Sooyoung ruffed Sunny’s hair once again.

“And please stop treating me like a kid. I’m older you know, you should have some respect and call me unnie, do you realize that?” Sunny said, sounding a bit grumpy.

“Yes I do… and guess what, Sunny Bunny!” Sooyoung jumped on the spot or hyper, making Sunny chuckle.

“What?”

“I don’t care at all,” Sooyoung laughed and used the hand she still had around Sunny’s shoulders to pull the shorter girl closer and leaned in. For a brief moment Sunny thought Sooyoung was about to kiss her, but Sooyoung stopped half way and just sent her a mischievous flying kiss, making a “muack” sound.

Sunny laughed, half happy, half kind of disappointed.

Sooyoung smirked. “Sunny Bunny.”

 

 

 

A week passed since BoA left them. They were all still very sad but they all realized they can’t really let it affect their lives anymore. They all slowly returned to work and started to live like before. But it was still in them.

The unspoken guilt in Taeyeon.

The deep sadness in Yoona.

The quiet worries in Jessica.

The hidden fear in Tiffany.

The dangerous desire for revenge in Yuri.

“You okay?” Tiffany asked Taeyeon. They were lying on the bed, just hugging quietly.

Taeyeon sighed. “Yes. I’m fine.”

Tiffany sadly smiled. She was scared. She wasn’t scared of the threat of the new clan. She wasn’t scared of Siwon nor anybody else.  She was scared that something might happen to Taeyeon. Taeyeon was kind of distant. Tiffany knew Taeyeon was still blaming herself even though he pretended like she didn’t. Their connection betrayed her and Tiffany knew. If only Tiffany also knew, how to help the poor girl who was drowning in guilt.

“Don’t blame yourself please… It’s not your fault,” Tiffany whispered.

Taeyeon just nodded. She was trying to convince herself that it wasn’t her fault. Everybody kept telling her, it was not and it made a perfect sense. They went to the forest to save Hyoyeon. They would have to go there even if Taeyeon didn’t. This would happen anyways.

But Taeyeon still had that weird feeling. Maybe… maybe if they waited for a little longer… maybe they wouldn’t have met those big vampires. Taeyeon sighed. She knew it wasn’t her fault. Then why does she keep blaming herself.

“I know it’s not my fault…”

Tiffany lightly kissed Taeyeon’s forehead.

Taeyeon sat up. Tiffany immediately followed.

“Do you think we’ll ever be a normal couple?”

“W-what do you mean?” Tiffany asked, confused.

“Like… not being closed in this freakin cell, just dating normally, going to cinema, walking around parks during day, kissing under a tree, holding hands, no worries, just you and me…”

Tiffany shrugged. “I don’t know…” she felt sad. She really wanted to do this, but… will they ever be able to? She wasn’t even sure if they’re gonna survive this. Not after what happened to BoA. “But I think we can do it. We have a chance,” she smiled. “Do you think it’s okay for me to take the cure once we get the missing ingredient?”

“Why wouldn’t it be?” Taeyeon asked, confused.

“Isn’t it… selfish?”

Taeyeon chuckled.

“Why are you laughing?”

“You out of all people… it’s funny how… human you got. A few months ago, you had no idea what selfish even means,” Taeyeon explained.

“Well… people change,” Tiffany said.

“It might be a bit selfish… But who else deserves it as much as you do?” Taeyeon smiled. “I love you.”

Tiffany smiled back and kissed Taeyeon on the lips. “I love you too…”

 

 

 

“What exactly is going on?” were Tiffany’s first words when she looked at everybody in the huge living room. She was the last one to join them, because she had to wait in the annoying room for the sun to go down.

Yuri. Yoona. Seohyun. Jessica. Taeyeon. They were all here. Sitting and waiting, being completely quiet. The atmosphere was tense.

Yuri stood up and cleared . “Since… since we’re all here now, I think I should start.”

“Yes please,” Seohyun nodded.

“We… we need to get rid of those intruders,” Yuri said and her eyes glistered.

“Yuri-yah…” Jessica just sighed quietly. She obviously wasn’t very approving of this.

“Don’t you agree?” Yuri asked Jessica.

“Well, I do… but-“

“There’s no but, Sica,” Yuri shook her head.

“We need to think this through thoroughly,” Jessica said.

“I already did,” Yuri said.

“You are still upset and you don’t think rationally.”

“What?!” Yuri raised her voice and Jessica stood up as well. She seemed to be calm, like always, but there was something in her eyes. Worries.

The others were just watching.

“What exactly is going on here? Don’t fight and tell us,” Tiffany quickly said before Jessica could respond. “Please, calm down everybody.”

Yuri exhaled loudly and glared at Jessica one more time before she looked at Tiffany.

“I want to go back to the forest and kill all of those fat smelly vampires.”

Tiffany frowned and nodded. “Okay. What’s the plan?”

“Uh, to go to the forest, find them and kill them?” Yuri said, confused that such an obvious question was asked.

“So there’s no plan,” Seohyun said. “We shouldn’t,” she added and Jessica just put on her ‘told ya’ face.

Tiffany nodded. “It’s really dangerous and irresponsible, considering what happened last time we got into a fight with them. We don’t know how many of them are left out there. And we are three people short, with Krystal being injured, BoA being… well… and Jiy- I mean the last person being nowhere to be found,” Tiffany explained and quickly corrected herself about the Jiyong’s name when Yuri gave her a deadly stare.

“Yoong?” Yuri asked, looking at her only family member left at the building.

“Uhm, unnie…” Yoona started carefully, looking around the room, not being able to look into Yuri’s eyes. “… I think we really shouldn’t… do… it…” her voice got weaker as Yuri kept staring at her. If stares could kill… “Look unnie, I agree we need to get rid of them and quickly, but we should ask Jungs for help and also the Wolf clan. I-I mean… You, me, Jessica unnie, Tiffany unnie… we don’t stand a chance if there’s more of them and I’m pretty sure there is. I-I mean…. Oh god… I feel somehow hot,” Yoona fanned herself as her face turned redder. “I mean… it would kill me if I lost you too,” she added with a bitter smile.

Yuri sighed, shaking her head. “Taeyeon?” she asked the last person in the room that hasn’t expressed her opinion yet.

“I just… agree with them,” Taeyeon whispered.

“Argh! You guys are driving me crazy!” Yuri groaned and stormed out of the living room into her room.

The five girls left in the room remained quiet for a moment. Then Taeyeon spoke up. “Uhm, Yoona-yah… Jessica… I think one of you should go check on her…”

“Well… she’s angry at me, she’s pissed off because I was trying to change her mind about this plan,” Jessica said, showing Yoona to go.

“Well… she’s angry at me too,” Yoona protested, not really wanting to go to raging Yuri either.

“She didn’t yell at you,” Jessica argued.

“True, but…. She scares me when she’s like this, please~ unnie~” Yoona’s voiced switched into some really annoying aegyo.

“Ugh, don’t ever do this again, I’ll go,” Jessica said, standing up and leaving the room.

“I’ll be going then,” Seohyun said, standing up.

“I’ll go with you, I need a walk, “Yoona said, leaving with Seohyun.

Taeyeon and Tiffany were left alone in the room. “Should we go get some rest too?” Taeyeon suggested.

“Sure.”

 

 

 

When Jessica entered the room, Yuri was lying on the bed, staring at the ceiling.

“Yuri-yah, I’m sorry,” she said softly, trying not to upset the angry girl more. “The desire for revenge is messing up your rational thinking.”

Yuri just shook her head, still looking at the ceiling.

Jessica sat next to her. “Think about it one more time, please.”

Yuri looked at her. “I just wanted them to die… I want them to burn in hell for doing that.”

“I know you do,” Jessica smiled sadly and started to play with Yuri’s hair.

“I will come up with some plan, I promise.”

Jessica’s smile grew a bit bigger and she leaned in and kissed Yuri’s lips gently. “Thank you,” she mumbled.

Yuri just nodded, put her hands around Jessica’s neck as she kissed her again. Jessica was kind of confused, but she enjoyed it nevertheless. It’s been a while since they kissed like that, actually… the last time it was at Yuri’s café. Yuri flipped them over, being on the top now. Jessica gasped in shock. She sure didn’t expect this wild side of Yuri to appear, not now at this moment. The moment didn’t feel right, but Jessica’s body didn’t listen to her mind. She didn’t mind it when Yuri pushed her tongue into . At first.

When she felt Yuri’s hand to lip on her stomach, under her shirt, something clicked and she stopped her.

“Yu-Yu- ahh…. Wait!” she said and as gently as possible pushed Yuri away.

Yuri didn’t seem to be willing to stop. “Come on…” she mumbled as she kissed Jessica’s neck.

“No… please… Yuri… stop it, not now, not here, seriously, stop,” Jessica said firmly and pushed Yuri away once more. She let her arm extended so she would keep at least some distance between them. Yuri glared at her.

“Seriously, Jessica?” she said, back to being upset.

“I’m sorry, really, it’s just… not now… okay?” Jessica tried to calm Yuri down.

“Why? Am I not hot enough?”

Jessica laughed. “You mean that? You? And not hot enough? You’re the hottest girl I’ve ever met, it’s just… doesn’t feel like the right time. I wanna… go further… in some… different situation. Not now, when everything is so hectic. But it’s not because you’re not hot enough, that’s just stupid. I… I love you, okay?” Jessica chose her words well, she hit the right spot in Yuri’s heart. The other girl’s expression softened.

“Really?”

Jessica nodded.

“Okay,” Yuri smiled a bit and climbed of Jessica before lying next to her and hugging her. “I love you too,” she said, snuggling to her.

Jessica smiled. “Let’s get some sleep…”

 

 

 

A/N: Ahh, it took me forever to update once again, right? >.< And the update isn't even a good one...

Well, I will make it up to you.... not sure if in the next chapter, but I will :)

You can expect SooSun & YoonHyun ^^ And... another drama already? o__O We will see ^^

Thanks for the comments & reading! I love you all! ♥