Ch.07 - Affection

Prey

Tiffany was lying on Taeyeon’s or actually Yoona’s bed, her legs hanging over the edge. Her mind was blank, she tried not to think. She was getting nervous though. She was a bit tensed. She tried not to think about the fact she’s trapped in the fortress of vampire slayers who are able to kill her in a second and they don’t even have to get lucky. The silence was making her even more nervous. Even the slightest sound was making her jumpy. She gulped and just spaced out again. She just can’t think about it. Soon she lost the track of time.

After a while she heard that the door opened. At first she didn’t even realized it, but then she heard her name.

“Tiffany?”

It startled her. She immediately jumped on her feet and stared at Taeyeon with and aggressive look in her eyes. Taeyeon winked, surprised.

“Calm down, it’s me,” she whispered, but took a step backwards ready to call Yuri if anything.

Tiffany looked away and took a deep breath. She still had that wild expression when she looked back at Taeyeon.

“You have a serious…” Taeyeon gulped, “…mood swings issues.” For a second she regretted saying something. Tiffany looked like she’s about to kill her.

It took a minute or two for Tiffany to calm down. “Sorry,” she mumbled. “I feel really uneasy here.”

Taeyeon could tell that Tiffany wasn’t dangerous anymore. But she still told herself to be careful. She may never know. Tiffany seems to be a really emotionally unstable person.

Then she remembered the photo she owns. Tiffany as a kid, smiling brightly, her eyes almost not visible anymore… Taeyeon breathed out wishing she could see that smile again.

Tiffany sat back on the bed and Taeyeon sat right next to her. They reminded quiet for several minutes. Then Taeyeon broke the silence.

“What is it like to be a vampire?” she asked, whispering really quietly so Yuri wouldn’t hear.

“It... ,” Tiffany answered.

“Tell me more about you.”

“What would you like to know?”

“So… you drink blood?”

“Yes,” Tiffany answered simply.

“How often? And where do you get that blood?

“Everybody has different needs. I personally drink blood like once a week. Usually. But there are times when we have to endure without it longer. It’s bearable. But it makes us aggressive. And we get the blood thanks to our member Seohyun. She’s a doctor, so she can steal some blood for us from time to time.”

“She’s a…. doctor? You can go on the daylight? I thought you can’t since you always visit me at night.”

“Oh we can’t go on the daylight,” Tiffany answered. “Our Seohyun is an exception. I have no idea how come she doesn’t burn outside during the day and as far as I know nobody has. It’s a complete mystery.”

“Maybe she’s a half human, just like me,” Taeyeon said.

“She’s not,” Tiffany shook her head. “Really, it’s a mystery.”

“How… many people have you killed so far?” Taeyeon breathed out almost inaudibly.

Tiffany sighed before she hesitatingly answered. “I don’t remember the exact number. But… you have to understand. Young vampires are having hard time with the blood lust. I really advise you not to taste a blood. Other than your own, yours should be harmless.”

“Why? What would happen?” Taeyeon asked, slightly startled.

“It’s hard to tell, because you’re not a full vampire, but it supports your lust at first before you get used to it. You would want more and more blood and you would be really strong and aggressive. You wouldn’t be able to think straight. But then suddenly after some time it would start to change. Everything would upturn. You would calm down, but you would start to get aggressive when you needed a blood. That’s the phase I’m currently in. Though I admit I have quite problems with my personality… I feel…” Tiffany just sighed and didn’t finish.

Taeyeon was listening with slightly opened, occasionally nodding. Then Tiffany stopped in the middle of the sentence. “You feel? How?” she asked.

Tiffany gulped and stared at the white wall. She slowly started to talk again. “I’m… fighting with myself a lot lately,” she admitted really quietly. Taeyeon had to move a bit closer so she could hear her clearly. She was subconsciously aware of the fact their tights touched, but she didn’t think about it. She was far more interested in Tiffany’s words.

“I… It’s hard to explain. Like… I’m supposed to be a cold-hearted vampire just like everybody from my clan is. Don’t get me wrong, they are not evil. They’re just kind of… emotionless. On the other hand I always had a mercy. I’ve never tortured the humans I was supposed to kill and I’ve been always killing the bad guys only. I actually felt something when doing all that. Then… you came into my life. And everything became even worse. My emotions are getting more significant lately and I’m starting to realize, that this is not me,” Tiffany stopped talking for a few seconds and finally looked into Taeyeon’s eyes. “This is not my true self. This is something my clan wants me to be. But I wasn’t originally like that and I think I am slowly returning to my old self,” Tiffany explained, still staring into Taeyeon’s eyes.

Taeyeon was looking at the other girl, obviously very impressed. “I understand,” she breathed out eventually.

Tiffany just nodded, her expression still unchanged. “It’s really weird,” she said, her voice slightly shaking. Then she let out a quiet bitter laugh. “Like right now. Can you hear it? My voice is shaking. It shouldn’t shake. I should be very confident and not this unsure. These are exactly the emotions I’m talking about. And there are more…”

Tiffany had a few short flashbacks in her head.

She couldn’t kill Taeyeon because of her innocence. Mercy. She felt bad because Taeyeon had no idea who she was. Pity. She smiled at Sunny when they first met. Pleasure. She was afraid Siwon might find out about her betrayal and kill them both. Fear. And she felt nervous when Taeyeon revealed her upper body in front of her. … This one was the hardest one for her to admit. … Affection. She took a deep breath and looked back at the wall. She couldn’t look at Taeyeon any longer. Not after admitting to herself that she actually feels something towards that girl. Not after that… She closed her eyes and tilted her head.

“Are you okay?” Taeyeon asked, worried. She touched Tiffany’s shoulder and rubbed her arm to comfort her.

Tiffany nodded. “Yes, I’m fine. I should go.”

“Well, good luck. The door is probably locked and you need to have the right fingerprints to open them.”

Tiffany pouted a bit as she thought. “Can you please take a look if everybody’s asleep already?” she then asked Taeyeon.

Taeyeon went to the door and peeked outside. Obviously Yoona and Jiyong already returned. Jiyong was soundly sleeping at the couch and Yoona was just on her way to her room.

“Not sleeping yet?” she asked when she noticed Taeyeon’s peeking head.

“Need to pee,” Taeyeon smiled innocently. “You?”

“Oh, okay, well, I’m about to sleep now. It took me a while to find this idiot,” she said, pointing at Jiyong. “I thought he got into some troubles again, but he turned out to be in a game room, totally drunk.”

“Good night then,” Taeyeon grinned and headed towards the bathroom while Yoona entered Yuri’s room.

After a few seconds Tiffany sneaked out of the room. “She said he’s drunk, right?” she whispered, pointing at the snoring boy.

Taeyeon just nodded, not saying anything. Tiffany smirked a bit and picked up his unconscious body like it weighted nothing. At first Taeyeon didn’t realize what Tiffany was trying to do, but then it hit her. His fingerprints.

Again, it was really easy for Tiffany to overcome the obstacles of Kwon’s fortress. Taeyeon escorted her almost to the main hall of the museum.

“I’ll use the window, since I don’t want to break the door,” Tiffany said and Taeyeon nodded.

“Goodbye, Tiffany, I hope we’ll meet soon again,” she smiled.

Tiffany smiled back. It was just a slight smile, but it seemed really genuine. “I’ll make sure we will, Taeyeon…”

 

 

Choi Sooyoung was a cheerful, beautiful, curious and smart girl. Always very friendly, happy and in a good mood. But not this time. That day she was very sulky. Her favorite restaurant was closed. Forever. She used to have a breakfast there every morning, they made the best donuts ever. But they went bankrupt. Not even Sooyoung’s enormous consumption of donuts made them enough money. Sooyoung never felt grumpier in her life.

She needed to find some new place to eat every morning, preferably not very far and with some awesome donuts. Suddenly a small cafe caught her attention. Yuri’s cafe.

“They better make amazing donuts,” she mumbled and entered the small restaurant.

She looked around and smiled. She liked it. It looked cozy and in general it was nice. She sat in the very back right next to a young couple.

“Good morning,” a waitress greeted as she immediately went to take her order. “What would you like to have, Miss?” she asked.

“Just a cup of hot chocolate and some chocolate donut… Or three. Three donuts, please,” Sooyoung smiled. The waitress did as well and went back behind the counter.

Sooyoung was quite bored while waiting for her breakfast so she started to listen to the conversation of the young couple. Obviously, they were talking about a business trip the guy just had returned from.

“We had tons of work,” he said, smiling. “No time to have fun.”

Sooyoung smirked as she noticed he was playing with his hands under the table. She started to focus on him more.

“Really? Jaehyo was there, right?” the girl asked.

He nodded. “Yes. The whole team was there.”

“Even Sekyung?” she asked, slightly frowning.

The man hesitated and looked away for a brief moment. Then he smiled at her. “That woman wasn’t there.”

Sooyoung chuckled. ‘That woman’…. He was SO lying right now. He just did three things liars do, that can’t be coincidence. She wanted to observe her new subject more, but the waitress disturbed her with three big donuts and a cup of hot chocolate.

That lovely smell immediately caught Sooyoung’s attention and she almost started to drool.

“Thank you,” she said with a bright smile and tasted the donut. It was… perfect. “Oh god…” she mumbled to herself and wondered why she wasted her time in that restaurant when they make so delicious donuts here.

She enjoyed her breakfast and then looked to the counter. She wanted to order just one more. It was delicious. But then suddenly a tall dark handsome girl caught her attention. She frowned. Is that…?

 

 

“Yuri, that girl over there, she’s really weird,” Gain whispered to her boss, pointing at Sooyoung.

“Why? She seems like a regular customer to me,” Yuri shrugged.

“I think she maybe wants to run away without paying. She keeps looking at us. You.”

“You think? Okay, I’ll keep an eye on her,” Yuri said and stared at the tall girl, who was already eating her fifth donut.

Their gazes met and neither of them looked away. After a few seconds, Yuri walked towards the other girl.

“Do you have any kind of problem, Miss?” she asked politely.

“Yes…” Sooyoung said.

“And may I know what is it, so I could help you?”

“Sure. I have a problem with you.”

“With me?” Yuri asked, surprised. “Do you know me?” She looked at Sooyoung, examining her from head to toe… she looked a bit familiar actually…

“No, not really. But I wonder… seriously… what the hell were you and that other girl doing outside with swords?” she asked.

Yuri raised her eyebrows, shocked. Then she remembered. The ice cream girl that interrupted her and Jessica first time they met.

“You?” she gasped.

“Yeah, me. I’m Sooyoung by the way. Now tell me what the heck you did with swords outside.”

“Nothing,” Yuri answered with a nervous smile.

Sooyoung smirked. Yuri was so obvious. She’s gonna be an easy person to look through. “Oh, really? You were just practicing or what?”

“Yeah! That’s exactly it! Practicing!” Yuri said louder than necessary.

“What’s your name? You look like an owner…” Sooyoung mumbled, examining Yuri from head to toe. “Yuri’s cafe… You’re Yuri.”

Yuri was kind of impressed. What is this girl? A sidekick?

“Seeing your face, I must be right,” Sooyoung grinned. “People are so obvious these days… So who are you? A ninja assassin?”

“No, I’m not,” Yuri frowned.

“You’re not lying… so what the hell are you?”

“Who are you? I’m completely none of your business!” Yuri barked sharply.

“I know. But I want to know. I’m a very very curious person. And I want to know everything. You were fighting pretty seriously. You wanted to kill her.”

“What a crap…” Yuri snorted out.

“You know I’m right… I can see it.”

“Seriously, who are you? You read minds or something?”

“No I don’t, that’s impossible,” Sooyoung laughed. “I just… notice things,” she shrugged.

“How?”

“Your secret for my secret,” Sooyoung said.

Yuri sighed. “Okay… so… bye,” she said and left.

Sooyoung chuckled. Maybe this girl won’t be so easy to see through… What exactly is that secret of hers? Sooyoung was determined to find out. Then she looked at her empty plate.

“Hey! You could have at least taken my order!”

 

 

Knock knock!

“Seriously…” Yoona frowned. “We’re not opened yet!” she yelled at the closer door of the museum. She was in the main hall, preparing everything, because BoA was gone on some business trip, Yuri was at her cafe and Jiyong had the biggest hangover ever. So Yoona was the one who had to take care of the museum.

Since the knocking didn’t stop, Yoona just walked toward it, annoyed.

She groaned as she opened the it. “I said it’s still not-“

“Hi, I know, I’m sorry, I’m here to see Tae- uugfhd!”

Yoona immediately pulled the short girl inside and closed the door.

“Gosh, what are you doing here?” she asked.

“I came to see Taeyeon,” Sunny shrugged.

“You’re being too obvious, it’s dangerous,” Yoona whispered. “Somebody might be watching you.”

“No worries, they still think Taeyeon is dead.”

Yoona frowned, but sighed. “Okay. But seriously, don’t come here too often. And don’t tell BoA unnie, she wouldn’t like it. I’ll take you to Taeyeon unnie, come with me…”

 

 

“Sunkyu~~!” Taeyeon shrieked and ran towards her best friend as soon as she spotted her. She tripped and almost fell, but Sunny caught her in time.

“Be careful, Taengoo.”

“I’m happy to see you,” Taeyeon smiled.

“Of course you are,” Sunny chuckled. “Now tell me everything, Kim Taeyeon, I wanna know it all.”

“Let’s go to my room, I’ll tell you the whole story.”

“You mean my room?” Yoona who was about to leave suddenly asked.

“Yeah, yeah, whatever, it’s temporarily mine.”

Yoona sighed. “Be good girls here, I need to open the museum, I think Gyuri is already here.”

“Who’s Gyuri?”

“Just a tickets selling girl,” Yoona shrugged.

“And by the way… where’s BoA? I thought she was staying out just one night,” Taeyeon suddenly remembered she hadn’t seen the girl for some time already.

“BoA unnie went to New York. It was a sudden decision. She heard about some private auction last minute, so she decided to go there, because there are supposed to be some treasures for our museum for sale. That’s what she said. She probably won’t be back until next week,” Yoona explained. Then her expression darkened. “Anyways, I gotta go. I need to clean one room. Yuri unnie promised to explain me that broken glass later… Seriously… what the heck did she do there?” she mumbled and left, leaving Taeyeon and Sunny alone.

“So?” Sunny started as they slowly walked to Taeyeon’s room. “What is going on?

“Well…”

 

It took Taeyeon over an hour to briefly tell Sunny everything. She tried not to left out anything and Sunny was her best friend, she also told her everything about Tiffany.

“I wonder, who she is… her true self,” Taeyeon said.

“You said she talked a lot about herself. I think you should be already able to guess,” Sunny pointed out. “You really can’t tell?”

Taeyeon shrugged. “I just told you. She looks even more confused about herself than I am confused about her.”

Sunny raised her eyebrows a bit. “This is very… odd. I mean… she is odd. Is she a good one or a bad one?”

In was more like a rhetorical question but Taeyeon stared into Sunny’s and firmly replied: “Definitely a good one.”

 

 

Yuri was very annoyed. The following morning, that girl was there again. Again, sitting at the very back, stuffing her mouths with nth donut and watching Yuri with a suspicious look.

“Aish… really…” Yuri mumbled to herself and walked towards her. “Are you planning on stalking me till my death?” she asked.

“Of course I’m not,” Sooyoung said with an innocent smile. “Just until you answer my questions or until I can figure out the answers on my own. And by the way, I would like another donut.”

Yuri frowned and walked away, upset a bit. That girl was so weird and creepy. She was really cheeky, curious, persistent and she also looked damn smart. Disturbing.

Suddenly, Yuri felt her pocket vibrating. “Yoona?” she wondered as she looked at the display of her phone. “Hallo?”

“Unnie, could you please come home?” Yoona asked.

“Why? Something happened?”

“Yeah, Taeyeon unnie… Well… I think we’ll have to go to the hospital…”

 

 

A/N: I know I in naming chapters. Why did I even started? Gosh -.-"

Woo woo Sooyoung! xD And Seohyun will be back in the next chapter ^^ hhh

Thank you all for the comments!