Ch.22 - Together

Prey

“She must be somewhere here,” Taeyeon mumbled, rubbing her temples.

BoA nodded. “I believe you. Let’s go deeper to the forest.”

Taeyeon quietly agreed and they both walked in a complete silence for a few minutes. BoA had her hand on her sword, ready to take it out in a second if needed.

“Wow,” Taeyeon uttered suddenly.

“What is it?” BoA questioned immediately, pulling her sword out of the sheath a little.

“No, no, nothing dangerous, just… look at this building,” Taeyeon said, anxious.

“Why are you whispering?” BoA asked, lowering her voice as well.

“The building I giving me a weird vibe and… the pressure in my head got stronger.”

“Let’s go check it out,” BoA incited. She took out her sword and headed towards the building. “Stay behind me.”

 

 

 

Tiffany was bored. She couldn’t leave the room. The sun was already up in the sky and she covered the windows only in that one room. It still wasn’t completely dark in the room though, because daylight still managed to found some loopholes. Though Tiffany could feel it, it wasn’t enough to burn her down. She only felt a bit itchy. And tired. And she also still had headache. But her senses were still sharp. And she heard a suspicious noise. Footsteps.Intruders. She immediately thought of those strange vampires. But then she quickly discarded the possibility. The footsteps were too soft , no, these footsteps belonged to somebody tiny. Humans?

Tiffany held her breath and quietly listened. She heard some rumbling and then-

“Ouch!” Tiffany heard a soft whining.

“Shhh! Be quiet! Seriously, you…” another voice whispered. Tiffany knew those voices. But she didn’t admit it to herself. The pressure in her head got all weird, she couldn’t focus much.

“I’m sorry. My toe… ouch… I tripped.”

“You’re unbelievable.”

Tiffany took the dead vampire’s sword and got ready to fight if anything.

Suddenly the semi-closed door slowly fully opened with a quiet creak and two short girls revealed themselves.

Tiffany let out a quiet gasp. Realization finally hit her. Taeyeon and BoA seemed to be really surprised too.

“Tiffany,” Taeyeon breathed out.

Tiffany held the sword high, not moving for an inch. “Go away,” she said back.

“No.”¨

“Ugh, just go away and stop thinking about me, that headache is unbearable!” Tiffany yelled at her, angry.

Taeyeon shivered a bit, scared, but didn’t back out. “Tiffany, come back.”

“NO!”

“Tiffany…” Taeyeon tried to talk with Tiffany using her mind, but Tiffany was fighting their connection. She just didn’t let her. On the other hand Taeyeon lowered the walls in her mind as much as she could. And she could feel Tiffany. She could feel some of her emotions.

Fear.Doubts.Instability.

“Why are you here?”

Taeyeon’s eyes widened and she looked right into Tiffany’s eyes, shocked. She just heard her. And she knew for sure Tiffany didn’t say that aloud. The connection…

“Please, come back, I beg you,” Taeyeon whispered. “Why did you even run away?”

Tiffany broke their eye contact. “I know you don’t care about me, go to that Sunye girl,” she groaned.

“What?!” Taeyeon shrieked. “How exactly did you come to that conclusion? I do care about you! A lot! Gah!“

„Yeah? You do?“ Tiffany let out a bitter laugh.

Taeyeon frowned and focused on transferring her thoughts to Tiffany. She needs to break down the walls around her mind.

“Ahh,” Tiffany hissed in pain and shut her eyes for a second. The pain was unbearable. The hand with the sword dropped a bit lower, but as soon as Tiffany realized, she held it back up. But the wall protecting her thoughts broke. The pain was gone, but… Taeyeon was there. Inside her head.

Tiffany was overwhelmed with emotions. Warm and nice feelings. It made her feel really dizzy for a moment. Then three words echoed in her mind.

“I love you.”

Tiffany’s expression slowly turned from upset to incredulous. Her hand holding the sword was obviously shaking. She locked her gaze with Taeyeon once again. But also their minds were connected. For a short moment, they were one, sharing every single feeling, emotion, thought.

Taeyeon could feel Tiffany’s hesitation. She took two slow steps forward and gently pushed down the blade of Tiffany’s sword. Tiffany didn’t resist. Not only she lowered her hand, she also dropped the sword on the floor. Taeyeon carefully took another step. And another. Until she was close enough. She gathered all of her courage and caressed Tiffany’s right cheek.

Tiffany’s eyes wandered to the hand and then back to Taeyeon’s face. She was still shaking.

“Uhm, I’mma… I’mma just… yeah,” BoA said awkwardly, pointing at the door and left the house. She believed everything would be okay already. And she for sure didn’t want to be a third wheel.

She got completely ignored by both girls, though Taeyeon mentally thanked her for leaving them alone.

“You heard that right,” Taeyeon whispered softly, her hand still on Tiffany’s cheek.

Tiffany her lips and blinked. Her breathing was irregular and her body slightly trembling. Taeyeon smiled and repeated aloud what she told Tiffany using her thoughts earlier.

“I love you.”

Taeyeon waited for some kind of reaction, with a slight unsure smile on her face.

“You don’t love Sunye?” Tiffany then breathed out, surprising Taeyeon.

The shorter girl sure didn’t expect that kind of reaction.

“Uh, no, I don’t?” she answered, but she was so shocked, it turned out to be more like a question. “Why would I, oh god? I got over her years ago,” she said, confused.

“B-but- But…” Tiffany stuttered. “I heard you, you were sleep talking… you had some kind of dream and you said… you said, I quote: Sunye, I love you.”

Taeyeon frowned, trying to recall the dream. She didn’t remember details, but she sure knew it wasn’t Sunye who she said ‘I love you’ to. She remembered that part pretty clearly.

After a few seconds of silence, she let out a chuckled. “Oh, it wasn’t like that, not at all…” she said, letting her hand drop from Tiffany’s cheek to her shoulder.

“Really?” Tiffany asked softly.

Taeyeon smiled and nodded. Then she tiptoed a bit and putting her hands around Tiffany’s neck, she gently kissed her. The kiss was very soft, their lips barely touched, but the feeling from it was indescribable.

Taeyeon felt like an electric current was running down her body from her lips to her toes. She pulled away a bit and stared into Tiffany’s eyes again. They were so close they could feel each other’s breathing.

“I love you,” Taeyeon breathed into Tiffany’s mouth.

“I-I killed somebody,” Tiffany suddenly stuttered and tried to look away, but Taeyeon held her to prevent that.

“I know.”

“You know?”

“I do, and… I still love you.”

Tiffany sheepishly smiled. She was shivering, feeling weird pain on her chest. It was a beautiful pain though.

Taeyeon smiled back and kissed her again, this time not so softly, even though the kiss was still innocent. Their lips gently brushing against each other, noses touching from time to time, eyes closed. The Taeyeon got some courage and slowly used her tongue to Tiffany’s lower lip. Tiffany sure didn’t expect that. She let out a quiet gasp. What a great opportunity for Taeyeon to slip her tongue inside and heat up the kiss. But she didn’t do it, even though it was her original plan. She changed her mind. She didn’t want to rush, knowing Tiffany is absolutely inexperienced. And well, even she herself didn’t feel overly confident. She thought that maybe it was because Tiffany was the first person in her life she kissed and actually loved. Or at least that’s what she felt. True love. It was so different from the Sunye infatuation.

Gradually, the kiss became sloppier and more passionate. Taeyeon maybe didn’t want to rush, but she just couldn’t fight the desire completely. She couldn’t help herself but want Tiffany more and more. And the girl carefully responding to the kiss was only making Taeyeon want more. She lightly on Tiffany’s lower lip and when Tiffany willingly opened , she slipped her tongue inside. She felt Tiffany slightly froze when that happened, but it sure didn’t stop her from exploring . After just a few seconds she pulled away though.

They looked at each other, blushing. Tiffany had her hands placed on Taeyeon’s hips and Taeyeon’s hands reminded around Tiffany’s neck.

“I don’t wanna rush,” Taeyeon whispered.

Tiffany just smiled. “Okay.”

“I really don’t wanna rush.”

“Then let’s not.”

Taeyeon nodded. “But kissing isn’t rushing,” she said then with a playful smirk on her lips, before she captured Tiffany’s lips once again.

The kissing got back to slow, gentle one. After a while, Taeyeon tasted something weird, wet and salty on Tiffany’s lips. She pulled away, shocked.

“You’re…” she didn’t finish, dumbfounded.

Tiffany quickly looked away, hiding her face.

“What’s wrong? Why are you crying?” Taeyeon breathed out, still in disbelieve. She sure didn’t expect she would ever see Tiffany cry.

“It’s just…” Tiffany didn’t know how to explain it. She just took a deep breath and sniffed.

“You can tell me anything. You know that? Anything,” Taeyeon said, taking Tiffany’s cheeks into her hands and then making her look at her. Then she warmly smiled, leaned in and kissed away all the tears.

Tiffany let out a sigh and sat down on the bed. Taeyeon sat right next to her, grabbing her hand.

“I… I’m not prepared,” she said then.

“For?”

“It’s hard to explain. Just… being with you?”

“Oh,” Taeyeon uttered, obviously sad.

“Not that I don’t want to,” Tiffany quickly added. “It’s just… I’m not used to having somebody so close to me. I’m not used to sharing my feelings, I’m not really used to feelings in a first place actually. I’m not used to caring about somebody, I’m not used to…” Tiffany’s voice got so quiet Taeyeon had troubles understanding, “…being in love.”

Taeyeon’s eyes slightly widened and her heart skipped a beat. She couldn’t think of any good answer, but luckily Tiffany continued.

“That’s why you’re so confusing me,” she said, her voice back to its usual volume. “All those feelings… are too much for me. Too many feelings at the same time. I have hard time dealing with it, I can’t handle it well. It hurts,” she said, touching her chest. More tears started to form in her eyes. “But it hurts in such a beautiful way…” she added once again quietly, before continuing. “Please, understand. This is against everything I’ve been taught for my entire life. This is against everything I’ve believed until now. It’s a… big change for me. I’m not fully prepared yet. I need some time to adjust.”

Taeyeon slowly nodded, trying to understand it all. She supportively squeezed Tiffany’s hand. “I get it. I… think I do. Like I said. Let’s not rush, let’s not push this relationship, it will develop on its own. You will get used to all those things. Step by step.”

Tiffany smiled. “Thank you. Thank you, TaeTae.”

Taeyeon smile too. Oh how much she missed the nickname…

 

 

 

“Oh my god, this is hilarious,” Yoona said, laughing hard.

“Stop laughing, don’t forget you’re after a surgery,” Yuri said, not so amused as she continued to drive. She was driving Yoona home and told her about her little make out session with Jessica. Which she now kind of regretted, because Yoona wouldn’t stop laughing.

“I swear, so awkward.”

“But Krystal seemed quite okay with it?” Yuri said, hesitating. She herself wasn’t sure about Krystal’s reaction. But yeah, to Yuri she seemed fine with it.

“Okay, now seriously,” Yoona said, immediately stopping laughing.

“Yeah?” Yuri asked, peeking at her a bit, but still focusing on the road.

“Are you two like dating now or something?”

“I don’t think so. She was probably drugged or something…” Yuri blushed when she remembered Jessica saying she liked her. “And well, I…”

“Well you?”

“Okay, fine, I like her, she’s hot and she’s cute and she’s strong and she’s smart. I like her,” Yuri blurted out, raising her voice a bit.

Yoona laughed again. “Are you going to tell her? You know… maybe you could confess in some totally romantic way.”

Yuri looked at her for a brief moment because looking back on the road. Seeing Yoona is quite serious, she chuckled. “You obviously don’t know her. She’s… she doesn’t seem to be a romantic type. More like a… spontaneous and wild one. I don’t think she would like it,” she said, shaking her head.

“Oh come on, every girl loves romantic stuff. If you confessed in some romantic way, I bet she would fall head over heels in love with you on the spot.”

“Well… no, I don’t think so,” Yuri said, concluding the discussion, but she actually started to think about what Yoona just said.

Maybe she’s right?

 

 

 

Siwon was sitting in his office, his eyes closed, just relaxing. He groaned when knocking on the door disturbed his resting.

“Come in,” he said, opening his eyes and adjusting his position.

Hara walked in. “Hello,” she said, bowing her head.

Siwon didn’t move a single muscle, just waited for her to tell what she wanted to.

“I have really bad news.”

That made Siwon interested. He shifted a bit. “Yes?”

“It’s about the strange vampires. They… they killed Jaejoong oppa.”

“What?!” Siwon barked angrily and Hara took a step backwards. She expected an explosive reaction, but still, he was scaring her.

“W-well, he was trying to find out more about them and… I found some parts of his body in the forest behind the town.”

It was true. After her confrontation with Tiffany, Hara wandered around the forest for a few hours, trying to get over things that had happened. And she tripped over a hand. It startled her, she was a nervous wreck. But she gained enough courage to look at the wrist. There was a scar identical to her own. She panicked and ran until she tripped over a… head.

Siwon gritted his teeth. “We need to stop them.”

“They are really strong. I almost got killed myself,” Hara said.

Siwon looked into her eyes and repeated without a single emotion visible in his face. “We need to stop them.”

 

 

A/N: So, I slowed down the updates a bit, because I don't write that quickly :D But I think updating once a week is pretty good too, isn't it? ^^

Expect HyoTae meeting soon!!!

Thanks for reading & the comments !! Love you alllll :)))