Ch.11 - Attacks

Prey

Jessica was in the restroom, washing her hands and face. Her thinking was a bit hazy, but she sure wasn’t drunk. Not at all. On the other hand, Yuri was already soundly sleeping on the table.

Jessica looked at her reflection in a mirror. She sighed. Why did I fake throwing up just now? she thought. She let Yuri win on purpose, but why? She was determined to win, but seeing Yuri losing so terribly, she changed her mind. What made her do so?

“I just don’t wanna stop meeting her,” she admitted straightforwardly and aloud. She wasn’t that type who would lie to themselves. She sighed again and returned to sleeping Yuri. She touched Yuri’s hair and ran her fingers through the soft black hair. “You’re a good kid, Yuri-yah,” Jessica whispered. “Let's not drink that much next time, okay?”

 

 

Tiffany was anxious for the rest of the night. And actually so was Taeyeon. They weren’t talking. Taeyeon was just lying on the bed, drawing some weird symbols on a piece of paper. She didn’t really thought about what she was drawing, she kept wondering what happened to Yuri. Then she looked at the clock. 6AM. She should get up in an hour to see the doctor. Her hand felt fine though. But she knew she should see the doctor in case there was some kind of inflammation or something. The Taeyeon stared at Tiffany. The other girl was sitting on the floor, her back leaning against the wall, her eyes closed. Taeyeon wondered how Tiffany is feeling.

“I’m fine,” Tiffany suddenly spoke up. Taeyeon’s eyes widened and she put the paper and the pencil on the bed.

“How… did you know what I was thinking?” she whispered.

Tiffany opened her eyes, also obviously surprised. “I… you didn’t say that aloud?”

“I did not. Or did I?” Taeyeon was pretty sure she didn’t, but this made her hesitate.

“I heard you clearly.”

“But I just looked at you and thought ‘Tiffany, are you okay?’.”

“And that’s exactly what I heard and that’s why I answered. My god, this is weird, I can’t read minds!”

“Are you sure, you Edward Cullen?” Taeyeon joked with a slight smile.

“Edward who?” Tiffany asked, confused.

“Ah, never mind… but yeah, it is really weird…”

 

 

Why is my face wet?

That was the first thing that crossed Kwon Yuri’s mind after she woke up.

And what’s the awful smell?

She forced herself to open her eyes and lift her head. Her face and hair were soaked in some clear smelly liquid. It was soju. She winked and looked at the alcohol that was spilled all over the table she was sleeping on.

“Oh my god, what time it is?” she wondered. was really dry. Her head hurt like crazy. Her stomach felt heavy. But no throwing up yet. Wow, good sign. She stood up to get some water, but almost lost her balance. She slightly shook her head, trying to recall last night. All the memories of the previous night were very hazy. She filled a glass with some water and drank it. Then finally she started to feel really nauseous. She gulped and took several deep breaths not to vomit. She tried to remember again, but nothing. She groaned and looked at the spilled soju. The restaurant opens in an hour, she should clean it. She noticed a soaked piece of paper on the table.  The letters were blurred, but the message was very clear.

“I’ll be back.”

“Oh,” Yuri smiled. “That’s right. I won.”

 

 

“I’ll go with you,” Yoona nodded when Taeyeon asked her to accompany her on her way to the hospital. “Yuri unnie has a car, but it’s not that far, we can walk.”

Taeyeon nodded. “Sure, thank you.”

“I’ll get dressed then,” Yoona smiled and disappeared in her room. Taeyeon also returned to the room to change her clothes there. She didn’t care that Tiffany was there at all.

“Can’t you do it in the bathroom?” Tiffany asked, looking away.

“Why? Do you mind it? Sorry then,” Taeyeon grinned and quickly finished changing.

“Yes, it’s a little bit awkward, thank you,” Tiffany breathed out, relieved, that Taeyeon is already fully clothed again. She wasn’t sure why she didn’t like to see Taeyeon’s body. Like the first time, when she was hiding in that wardrobe… Tiffany thought it must be because she had never been so intimate with anybody, not even with a… well, friend. Friends… More like people from her clan, she never really had a friend between them. They were brothers and sisters, but everybody was so… reserved. Tiffany’s closest friend was probably… Seohyun. Yes. Tiffany kept thinking about it and concluded she feels awkward, because she experienced this before. She was determined to believe that it’s not uncomfortable because it is… Taeyeon. The girl she lik-… No. She doesn’t like her. But… no. Tiffany her lips and suddenly remembered the kiss they shared. She was trying to convince herself it was nothing, not a big deal. But deep inside, she wasn’t so sure about it. She closed her eyes and frowned. No… I can’t like Taey-

“I’ll be going then,” Taeyeon smiled, interrupting Tiffany’s trail of thoughts, and headed towards the door. She was about to leave when suddenly a hand on her wrist stopped her. It startled her a bit, she was sure Tiffany was on the other side of the room just a second ago. Then she remembered how fast Tiffany actually is. Tiffany’s warm breath tickled her cheek and ear.

“Please, be careful, really careful,” she whispered. Taeyeon shivered. Tiffany was so close again… and she felt like turning her head and… the other girl’s face. Aish, seriously, Kim Taeyeon, why do want to her again, you weirdo? Taeyeon calmed her hormones down and gave Tiffany a nod and a reassuring look. Before she opened the door and entered the room where Tiffany couldn’t go…

 

 

Taeyeon was in deep thoughts. So was Yoona actually. They walked to the hospital in a complete silence. They knew it was quite useless, but they wore hoodies and tried not to reveal their faces much.

Taeyeon was thinking about Tiffany. Ever since that accident in the hospital when she tasted human blood she felt a really weird… desire. She didn’t want to call it lust. But it was definitely a huge desire. And the thing she wanted wasn’t blood. It was Tiffany. It was… weird. She had to admit she liked Tiffany. But was it more than friendship? She really cared about that poor girl. But was it more than friendship? Taeyeon was really confused. She thought about Sunye and tried to compare. Back then, she was crazily in love. Totally absolutely in love. But it was… a childish love. Now she’s much more mature. Taeyeon assumed her way of loving somebody also matured. But… she was sure about one thing. She didn’t love Tiffany. She knew that for sure. Maybe she felt somehow attracted, but love? Nah.

Yoona was thinking about that vampire girl, Tiffany’s friend. She wondered if they would meet again. And when? It was the most beautiful girl she had ever seen in her life. Who was she? Then she started to think about something different. How come the Wolf clan hasn’t attacked them yet? She actually talked with BoA about it last night. According to BoA, something was holding them back. But what was it?

 

 

They arrived to the hospital like ten minutes later.

Taeyeon, since she had an appointment, was told to enter the surgery right away. “Going with me?” she asked Yoona before she entered the room.

“Mhm, why not,” Yoona just shrugged and followed her.

“Good morning,” Taeyeon greeted the nurse and then looked at the doctor. “Good morning.”

“Good mor-“ Yoona didn’t finish the word. She froze. It was her. The perfect girl from earlier. Wait… isn’t she a vampire? Wait, BoA unnie said she was special… but… this special?

“Are you okay, Miss? Your face is red,” Seohyun asked Yoona. Yoona let out a nervous laugh and as soon as Seohyun made an eye contact, she looked away.

“I’m fine… just… I really don’t like hospitals,” Yoona lied. “Makes me…” she gulped before she dared to look at Seohyun, “feel nervous. Scared of doctors,” she laughed awkwardly.

Yoona was so regretting her outfit. She looked so shabby… And she met this perfect girl again. And made herself look like a fool in front of her again.

 

 

Seohyun took off the bandage protecting Taeyeon’s finger.

“How is it, doctor Seo?” Taeyeon asked. Her finger looked like it wasn’t bleeding anymore, but on the bandage there was a lot of old dry blood mixed with disinfection.

“Let’s see…” Seohyun mumbled and started to clean Taeyeon’s wound. “Oh, and please don’t call me doctor Seo, it’s weird when Tiffany unnie’s friend calls me doctor Seo, just Seohyun will do.”

“Okay, Seohyun-sshi…” Taeyeon nodded and then thought a bit. “You… can call me unnie then,” she added with a smile.

Yoona uncomfortably shifted. She was... jealous. Totally. “I… I’m Yoona by the way, Yuri’s sister slash distant cousin. I think we haven’t been introduced yet,” she said, trying to act cool.

“Seohyun,” they young doctor said and bowed her head a bit. She couldn’t really do anything more, because she was busy with Taeyeon. “Nice to meet you.”

“How’s my hand, doc- I mean, Seohyun-sshi… Seohyun-ah?” Taeyeon stuttered awkwardly.

Seohyun chuckled and Yoona frowned.

“It’s healing well, but be careful not to get hit into your fingers, it might start bleeding again that way,” Seohyun said. “I took out the stitches, but keep it bandaged for a three more days to prevent inflammation.”

“You don’t… mind the blood?” Yoona asked quite lamely.

Seohyun smiled at her and shook her head. “No, not at all.”

Yoona seemed really impressed. She knew for sure that Seohyun was a vampire, but she was so… special and so different. Interesting.

“So… you can go now, unnie,” Seohyun smiled shyly. “Take care, Yoona-sshi.”

Yoona’s cheeks turned pink as she slightly bowed her head. “You too.”

Taeyeon and opened the door to leave. She entered the main hall and since she was looking at Yoona, she accidentally bumped into somebody, lost her balance and ended up on the floor.

“I’m so sorry!” Taeyeon blurted out as she looked at the person’s legs. It was some girl. She didn’t do anything or say anything at first, but then she extended her hand.

“Still clumsy as ever?” she asked.

Taeyeon immediately looked up in disbelieve. She hadn’t heard that voice since forever. Their eyes met. It really was her. “Min Sunye…”

 

 

Tiffany was watching TV. It was something she hadn’t done in many years and it felt a bit weird. After an episode of… what was it again? Gee? Glee? She switched to the news. And… that was really interesting.

“Another dead body was found in the mountains near Seoul. The police still hasn’t identified the victim, but it’s obvious it was a murder. A man in his late thirties was found with his throat precisely cut and he bleed to death. There were various scratches found on his body, probably made by animals, not the murderer. This is the sixth victim of an unknown murderer for the past few weeks and the police stills seem to be lost in who it might be. There is no obvious connection between the victims; it seems that they were picked randomly. There was also another attack of an animal in the forest recently…”

Tiffany stopped paying attention to the news and thought about what the reporter just said. She frowned. Throat precisely cut? Unless it is some weird coincidence, it’s totally a vampire. But… who? Tiffany was sure nobody out of her clan would be so reckless. They drink stolen blood from hospital or they kill the outcasts, but they never leave bodies like that. So… who?

 

 

“Hara, Minho, Jaejoong,” Siwon turned around and looked at each of his servants. “You are my best people. I believe you are capable of finding out who’s behind all those attacks. Hara, you said it couldn’t be that fox girl, are you sure?”

Hara nodded. “I am sure, but I will keep an eye on her.”

Siwon nodded. “Yes, do that, though with the unknown vampires in our territory she’s not really our priority right now.”

“Maybe we should let her know we’re still watching her, shouldn’t we?” Minho suggested with a wicked smirk on his face.

Siwon just shrugged it off. “Do whatever you want, but don’t get yourself killed. I advice you not to go close to that… museum. But you can have fun with that fox girl’s best friend or whatever you want. Also if you see… Tiffany,” Siwon gritted his teeth, “kill her. And Jaejoong, you…” Siwon turned his attention to the last person in the room. ”You will start investigate who is behind those attacks. I want their heads…”

 

 

“Ahhh… seriously… Sunye…” Sunny groaned as she looked at Sooyoung. She was upset because last time she didn’t have enough time to answer Sooyoung’s question about the date and Sooyoung obviously found herself another company by now. The tall girl was sitting in the back of the cafe with a really pretty girl. “Why did you have to come back in such an inconvenient time?”

Sunny sighed and went to those two girls to get their order.

“Ah, Sunny, nice to see you again,” Sooyoung smiled. “Seven donuts and two hot chocolates please.”

Sunny just nodded, trying to smile a bit and left. She felt really grumpy, but this was her job, she had to serve the costumers.

When she returned to the table with the order, Sooyoung surprised her by saying: “Don’t you wanna sit with us for a moment? The cafe is completely empty.”

Sunny looked around; Sooyoung was right. But Sunny was hesitating. She looked at Sooyoung, thinking about the offer, and then she looked at the other girl.

Sooyoung noticed. “Oh, I’m sorry, this is Nicole, my cousin. Nicole, this is Sunny.”

Nicole showed Sunny a really bright smile. “Hi, nice to meet you.”

Sunny smiled too and the smile was actually natural. “Nice to meet you too.” Without any further thinking, Sunny sat down on the free chair.

“So… how have you been, have you thought about my offer? It’s still valid,” Sooyoung smiled.

“Oh, really? Well, then my answer is yes, I am free tonight,” Sunny answered, her cheeks slightly flushed. “And I have been doing… well.”

“Glad to hear that.”

“Oh, Sooyoung-ah!” Nicole tugged on Sooyoung’s sleeve and pointed at the TV. The news were on.

“There was also another attack of an animal in the forest recently, the investigators still didn’t figure out what kind of animal it was. The victim survived and doesn’t remember anything. This is the third attack of a mysterious animal in this area. The other two victims didn’t survive the attack. All three of them were bitten on their necks, but the wounds weren’t too deep, which means the animal probably didn’t have sharp teeth…”

Nicole looked at Sooyoung. “Hyoyeon,” she said quietly. She had a weird serious expression. Sunny frowned. What is this situation? Why are they so interested in some animal attack?

Sooyoung sighed. “Well… at least the last one is still alive.”

 

 

A/N: Wooo, Hyoyeon! Well, kind of xD She will make her appearance soon, okay ^^

In next chapter you can expect more TaeNy and some SooSun ^^ Wooh :)

Thanks for the comments guys! Love you! :)

PS: Have you heard both OT9 & TTS are making a comeback this year?? *---*