Ch.09 - Change

Prey

Tiffany knew that was her chance when Taeyeon grabbed Hara’s wrist. She quickly pulled out her own dagger and in the corner of the eye she saw Taeyeon being pushed away. She couldn’t help her though, she was struggling with Hara too much. Then suddenly a lovely smell hit her nose. Hara froze, she smelled it too. Blood, fresh, tasty human blood. They both gulped. Tiffany stopped struggling and just pushed her shawl to her nose. Hara on the other hand didn’t have anything on her face, so her eyes widened in lust and she looked to the source of the smell. Tiffany realized Hara made a mistake and pushed her away. Hara snapped out of her temporal trance, but she still seemed very unstable. She didn’t have a good control over her lust. Hara lost her focus and Tiffany stabbed her shoulder. Hara hissed in pain and touched her wound. “Aish…” she closed her eyes and tried hard not to inhale. Tiffany stabbed her again, this time aiming for Hara’s stomach. Hara bent over. Tiffany could have killed her if she wanted right now. But she didn’t want to. She just couldn’t just cut Hara’s throat. She knew those wounds she caused the other girl will heal quickly. After a few seconds, Hara lifted her head, groaning. She frowned and ran away using the window.

Tiffany sighed and looked at her scratched hands. Then she looked at Taeyeon who was sitting on the ground, covered with blood. “Oh my, are you okay?” Tiffany ran towards the other girl, still covering her nose with the shawl. So much blood everywhere. She can control herself when the amount of the blood is small, but this…

Taeyeon smiled at her as she her lips. “Yep,” she nodded. “I’m fine.”

Tiffany’s eyes widened. “Did you… taste the blood?”

Taeyeon nodded again. “I did, but I still feel the same. I don’t feel like killing people or something.”

Tiffany frowned. “Well, maybe the amount of the blood was too small, but there’s also a chance, that you will feel the lust later. Aren’t you hurt?”

Tiffany touched Taeyeon’s shoulder. She saw a scratch on her collar bone and it looked quite deep.

“I’m… fine,” Taeyeon whispered and grabbed Tiffany’s hand. Tiffany was surprised how strong her grip actually was. She winked. And Taeyeon’s voice… it sounded unusually deep and firm.

“Taeyeon… What… is it the blood lust already?” Tiffany asked a little bit startled.

Taeyeon smirked and took off Tiffany’s shawl. Tiffany was looking at her, trying to figure out what is going on. And she also tried not to inhale using her nose. She just kneeled there, in front of Taeyeon, watching her.

Taeyeon caressed Tiffany’s cheek and rubbed her lower lip using her thumb. Tiffany shivered.

“Tae-T-“

“Shhhh…” Taeyeon whispered and leaned in. “Don’t say a word.”

Tiffany didn’t say anything. She just kept nervously examining Taeyeon’s face. Then suddenly Taeyeon… kissed her.

Tiffany gasped out of shock and accidentally inhaled using her nose. The lust invaded her mind, but… for some reason she didn’t want to drink all the blood. She felt lust, but it wasn’t blood she wanted. Taeyeon moved her lips against Tiffany’s. Tiffany closed her eyes and kissed her back. She felt Taeyeon smirk and the kiss escalated pretty quickly. Tiffany could taste some leftovers of blood on Taeyeon’s lips, so she it all. It felt nice. And not only because of the blood. Taeyeon bit Tiffany’s lower lip and then pushed her tongue inside Tiffany’s mouth. Suddenly Tiffany put her senses back together and quickly pushed Taeyeon away.

“Taeyeon!” she gasped, obviously shocked. “What…?!”

Taeyeon had a wild expression plastered on her face as she leaned in again. “I want you Tiffany,” she groaned desperately and tried to kiss the other girl again, but Tiffany managed to push Taeyeon away. She had to push hard though.

“Seriously…” Tiffany winked as she realized the cause of Taeyeon’s weird behavior. “The blood… Damn it… Control yourself!” Tiffany lightly slapped Taeyeon’s cheek, but Taeyeon caught her hand and hungrily looked at it. “Oh my god! Really…” Tiffany tried to push Taeyeon away, but Taeyeon was very… persistent. After a short fight Tiffany took some iron bar and hit Taeyeon’s head. “I’m sorry!” she said as Taeyeon fell unconscious. “But as much as I don’t want to do this, we have to run away and you are… not yourself right now.” Tiffany lifted Taeyeon’s body and jumped out of the window…

 

 

 

Yuri groaned, annoyed, when an alarm woke her up. Then she realized it might actually burglars and immediately jumped out of the bed. She took her sword and headed to the main hall of the museum. She met Yoona half way.

“Burglars?” Yoona asked while turning the alarm off.

Yuri just shrugged and follower Yuri out. In a main hall they spotted a dark figure holding somebody in her arms.

“Is that…” Yoona started. Yuri nodded.

“Taeyeon… what did you do to her?!” Yuri yelled at Tiffany who looked quite devastated and tired. Both, Taeyeon and Tiffany were soaked with some red liquid. No doubt that was a blood. Yuri pointed her sword against Tiffany.

“Calm down, I… saved her life actually,” Tiffany said, defending herself.

“Yeah, obviously,” Yuri answered, looking at Taeyeon. “Is she…?”

“She’s alive, don’t worry, just unconscious. I admit that’s my fault, but she was acting really weird, I had to to get her out.”

“Put her on the ground,” Yuri ordered and Tiffany obeyed. “And your dagger… put it there too.”

Tiffany took out her weapon, dropped it on the ground and took a few steps backwards.

“Listen, I really am not your enemy. In fact, I need your help. I kind of betrayed my clan,” Tiffany explained.

Yuri frowned and slowly walked towards Taeyeon’s body. “Yoona, keep an eye on her,” she told the younger girl while she kneeled next to Taeyeon and checked Taeyeon’s pulse. She nodded when she found out Taeyeon’s stable. Then she slightly slapped her cheeks. “Taeyeon-ah!” she mumbled.

Taeyeon groaned, but didn’t wake up.

“Uh, I wouldn’t wake her up yet,” Tiffany said. “She accidentally drank some human blood.”

Yuri immediately looked up. “She did? And? What happened?”

“She started to act weird. She didn’t want to drink more, but she became stronger and… aggressive.” Tiffany subconsciously her lips as she recalled that kiss. “I had to hit her head with an iron bar, otherwise I wouldn’t be able to get her here. We should wait till the blood stops influencing her.”

Yuri frowned. “She didn’t want more… interesting. But I’m glad. You… have to tell me the whole story.”

“Could you… Uh… Do you think it would be possible for me to stay here?” Tiffany asked, obviously hesitating. “They want to kill me as much as they want to kill Taeyeon right now.”

Yuri was unsure about the answer. She looked at Yoona, who just shrugged. “Don’t look at me, I don’t know.”

“Of course you don’t, but what do you think? Can we trust her?”

“No idea, but if she had wanted to kill Taeyeon, she would have already done it. And she has no reason to kill us.”

Tiffany nodded. “She’s right. And… I would never kill Taeyeon. I care about her too much.”

Yuri frowned. “Why?”

“I don’t know,” Tiffany answered simply. “I honestly have no idea, but she’s like… the most important thing for me.”

“Is it because they used to know each other?” Yoona asked.

“Yoona!” Yuri yelled at her, but too late.

“W-w-wait, what do you mean?” Tiffany asked.

“You’re so stupid, Im Yoona, I can’t even…” Yuri sighed.

“What do you mean?” Tiffany repeated. “Please, explain it to me.”

Yuri breathed out. “Okay… okay…” she put down her sword, but she also took Tiffany’s dagger. “You can stay here. But… I warn you. And now take Taeyeon.”

Tiffany just nodded and lifted Taeyeon’s body. “Thank you, thank you a lot.”

“You’re gonna be staying at Yoona’s room with Taeyeon.”

Yoona nodded. “Half-vampires should stick together.”

“Half-vampires?!”

Yuri sighed. “Yoona… Seriously… just… don’t say anything anymore, okay?”

Yoona covered . “I’m sorry,” she mumbled.

“What do you mean, half-vampires?” Tiffany asked again.

“We’ll tell you inside, we’ll tell you inside…”

 

 

 

“So…” Tiffany started slowly. “I’m a half vampire half slayer.”

“Yes, you’re half Jung,” Yuri nodded.

Tiffany shivered a bit and looked at the photo again. She was holding Taeyeon’s old family photo Yuri found in Taeyeon’s drawer.

“And you’re saying my father betrayed the clan?”

“Exactly,” Yoona nodded.

“The story of the old Park…” Tiffany sighed.

“What are you talking about?” Yuri frowned.

“Siwon, my boss… when I was a kid, he used to tell me a story about the old Park… He fell in love with a slayer and that killed him. So… the story is actually a bit different.”

“Uhm, yeah, I guess so, sorry,” Yoona whispered. She really meant it.

Tiffany wasn’t saying anything for a few seconds and then she asked. “You said they were trying to figure out way how to make a vampire more human like. Well… did they find that way?”

Yuri shrugged. “No idea. As far as I know, all the researches disappeared when your parents were killed.”

Tiffany just stared on the wall, thinking. “I… know where the researches are.”

“You do?” Yuri and Yoona said at the same time, obviously surprised.

“Mhm… yeah… I… I was once in Siwon’s office…and I saw him putting some envelopes into his safe,” Tiffany snickered. “It looked like from hospital… and it had a logo of a research centre… if t wasn’t it, then I don’t know what possibly it could be.”

“How are we going to get it?”

“We are not going to get it,” Tiffany shook her head. “It’s simply impossible.”

 

 

 

Taeyeon woke up and had a huge headache. She groaned in pain and touched the enormous bump on her forehead. She sat up, trying to remember what happened to her, but she just couldn’t recall a thing. She winked a few times and sighed. She remembered being at hospital. She also remembered Tiffany had come to visit her. They were… running away?

“Something must have happened while we were running away…” she mumbled and rubbed her hurt forehead. She frowned and wondered how she managed to return back here, into museum. Then suddenly she thought about Tiffany. What happened to her?

She tried to stand up, but her sight went dark and she had to sit back. Her head was hurting a lot. She realized she probably had a concussion. “Ayoo…” she sighed and tried to stand up again, this time she succeeded.

She slowly walked out of the room.

“Taeyeon-ah, you’re up?” Taeyeon winked again a few times and looked around. Yuri, Yoona and Tiffany. These three girls were staring at her. Yuri and Yoona looked worried while Tiffany looked… scared.

When Taeyeon’s eyes met with Tiffany’s a weird feeling filled Taeyeon’s body. She felt almost like shivering. For some reason she wanted to run to the other girl and… her or something. She gulped and slightly shook her head. What the hell is wrong with me?

She felt like her skin was slightly burning. Her face was probably totally red. And she had that weird lingering feeling on her lips. She them and looked away. That was… odd.

“Are you okay?” Yuri asked.

“My… head… hurts,” Taeyeon said and pointed at her bump, pouting.

“Yeah, I’m sorry,” Tiffany mumbled almost inaudibly.

“What happened?” Taeyeon asked as she sat down, next to Yoona, far from Tiffany.

“You get attacked on your way here and… well… you accidentally tasted some blood so Tiffany here had to… hit you,” Yuri explained briefly.

Taeyeon slowly nodded. “I don’t remember anything. What happened to me? I mean… after I tasted the blood?”

Tiffany gulped before she spoke up. “You were kind of… aggressive.”

“Did I want more blood?”

“No, not really… It was a bit… strange,” Tiffany couldn’t look into Taeyeon’s eyes, so she kept staring somewhere behind her.

“So they now know I’m alive, ah… won’t they look for me?” Taeyeon asked then.

Yuri and Yoona just shrugged.

“Sure they will,” Tiffany said then. “But… well… not during the day. Sure, they have people everywhere, but they won’t attack you. Not during daylight.”

“Does this… mean I can go out during the day?”

“I recommend not to,” Tiffany answered. “But I guess you can.”

“No, you’re staying here, Kim Taeyeon, this place is safe,” Yuri ordered.

“Safe?” Taeyeon chuckled. “Then how come Ti- ah, nothing,” she quickly stopped talking when she noticed Tiffany slightly shook her head telling her not to.

“What?”

“Nothing, nothing… I have a huge headache…” she said to change the topic.

“Go get some sleep then… and take Tiffany with you,” Yoona said. “I’m gonna take a nap too.”

“And I will have to go to the cafe soon… hope that super annoying girl won’t be there again,” Yuri frowned and walked to her room.

“What is she talking about?” Taeyeon just wondered and stood up too. “Going?” she asked Tiffany as she headed towards the right room.

“…Sure.”

 

 

 

The atmosphere in the room was a little bit awkward. Tiffany was just standing in the corner, leaning her back against the wall, not saying anything, while Taeyeon was lying on the bed, pressing an ice pack on her forehead. “You really had to hit me that hard?!" she complained then.

Tiffany sighed a bit. “Yes… I’m sorry, really,” she said.

“What happened to me? Was I really that aggressive?”

“Uhm, yeah, kind of. You were really strong… You don’t feel I anymore?” Tiffany asked.

Taeyeon just shook her head. “I don’t feel strong at all. I just have a huge headache.”

Tiffany frowned. “Maybe you’re strong only with blood in your body.”

“Well, we can try, give me your hand.”

Tiffany obviously hesitated before she slowly walked towards Taeyeon. She slowly offered Taeyeon her hand and the latter accepted it. They eyes met. The feeling of their hand connected… Taeyeon had that really weird feeling on her skin. She, once again, felt like burning, but not in a bad way. She liked that feeling.

She cleared and looked at their hands before she said: “I’ll try to squeeze your hand.”

Tiffany nodded, so Taeyeon squeezed her hand. At first lightly, but then, when Tiffany didn’t even blink, she squeezed it hard. “Nothing?” she asked then.

Tiffany shook her hand. “Nothing special. Are you using all of your strength?”

Taeyeon nodded, gritting her teeth. The she stopped squeezing. “It’s gone.”

Tiffany slowly nodded. “Because the blood you tasted yesterday is gone from your body too already.”

“How come it just… faded away? You said vampires are aggressive when they taste blood for the first time,” Taeyeon asked, still holding Tiffany’s hand.

“Mhm… because… they feel unbearable lust for more blood, so they keep drinking it and it keeps them strong and aggressive… well… you didn’t… feel the blood lust I think,” Tiffany carefully explained. She almost shivered at the brief memory of Taeyeon kissing her. The kiss was still lingering on her lips. She almost felt like they were kissing all over again. Tiffany gulped and wondered if every kiss feels so intense. Oh yes, that was Tiffany’s first kiss. No wonder, since she was always taught that love is bad and kissing is what people do when they are in love. Not that this was the case, but still… Taeyeon wasn’t thinking straight when it all happened, it didn’t mean a thing. Tiffany shook her head a bit to put her mind back together and looked at Taeyeon.

“You… can stop holding my hand now,” she said.

“Oh, sorry,” Taeyeon chuckled awkwardly and let go of Tiffany’s hand. Tiffany withdrew her hand and took a step backward. “Are you… for some reason… scared of me?” Taeyeon asked, examining Tiffany.

Tiffany jerked. “No, why would I?” she lied a bit. She wasn’t scared of Taeyeon. She was scared of… herself. Her feelings. Towards Taeyeon.

“Then sit down next to me,” Taeyeon said and patted the bed.

Tiffany did as Taeyeon instructed, though she kept quite a distance. Taeyeon frowned, because she noticed. She wondered why Tiffany’s acting like that.

“What are you going to do?” Taeyeon just asked.

“I’m not sure…” Tiffany hesitated before she continued. “I can’t go out on daylight… Seriously, why does that living room have a huge window instead of a normal ceiling?” Tiffany whined. “And I can’t go out at night as well, because they will have spies everywhere, I can’t risk that if I wanna survive this.” Tiffany froze.

Taeyeon noticed. “What’s wrong?” she asked and leaned in a bit, so she could look at Tiffany’s face from a closer distance.

“I… Why do I care about my life?” Tiffany asked, frowning.

“Because… everybody does, it’s an unconditioned reflex,” Taeyeon answered.

“Not for me. I was raised to be strong and brave fighter. They taught me to never care about consequences and not to care about my life. I was supposed to serve the clan even if it meant my death. So… why am I so scared of death now?” Tiffany looked into Taeyeon eyes, obviously very confused.

“You’re… becoming more human, I guess,” Taeyeon said. “But I don’t know, sorry… I really don’t.”

Tiffany sighed. “I know you don’t… it… doesn’t matter.”

“And how are you going to… feed yourself?”

“I… can last for few days. And then… well, the lack of blood won’t kill me, but… I will slowly become more and more aggressive… I apologize in advance,” Tiffany said with a faint smile.

Taeyeon nodded. “That’s okay, I understand.”

Suddenly, Taeyeon’s phone beeped. She frowned. “Who would text me so late at night?” she wondered aloud and took the phone out of her pocket.

Unknown number.

“Taengoo-yah, I’m back! I missed you! Are you happy? –S.”

 

 

A/N: Sorry for the late update again :/

I'll update sooner next time :)

Woooo, TaeNyyyy~

Mhm, so new character ^^ S... she's back ^^

Next chapter: SooSun! YulSic! Of course TaeNy and maybe a hint of YoonHyun? ^^ Wow...