Ch.36 - Headache

Prey

Pain. That was all she felt. Her entire body was full of it. Physical pain. She tried to open her eyes. Darkness. Oh my god, I’m blind! she thought. Then she realized she’s starting to see something. Light. Not a daylight though, it seemed like it was night and the oh-so-sharp lights were on. Maybe the temporal blindness had something to do with the enormous headache. What happened? Where am I? Who am I? Okay, maybe I don’t know answers for the first two questions, but I know who I am. I am stupid Kim Taeyeon. Who is making things dramatic in her freaking head, which hurts as hell.

When her vision got back completely, she realized she was staring at a white ceiling. The place was unknown to her. She believed she has never been there. It didn’t look like hospital though. She also soon realized she was alone in the room. She didn’t look around, but she heard nothing except for her own irregular breathing. What happened… and where she was… those were the two things she wanted to know. She wanted to move, but she could force her body to react to her orders. She blinked. That headache… if only it disappeared.

She closed her eyes for a few moments and almost fell asleep again, but she overheard steps. She slowly opened her eyes again. Her vision got a bit blurred again, but this time it got better more quickly.

A girl with… red hair? The heck? Taeyeon wondered if she should be scared. The girl seemed familiar. Did she know anybody with red hair? Taeyeon didn’t think so.

The girl looked at her and gasped. “SICA UNNIE, SHE’S AWAKE!” she yelled so loudly Taeyeon’s head almost exploded. “JESSICA UNNIE!!!!”

Taeyeon let out a tired groan. “Ahhhh…”

Jessica… the name… suddenly the events of the… was it previous night? Or when? Whatever, simply, the previous events started to come back. She started to recall things.

Vampires. That’s right, she’s a vampire. Or at least… half-vampire.

And they were in a fight.

Oh god what am I missing?

She knew there was a hole in her memory. Everything was blurred, she couldn’t recall any details and…

“Taeyeon! Are you awake?!” Jessica appeared in the room and immediately ran towards her, touching her cheeks. “Thank god… Krystal! Call Yuri and Tiffany! And bring icepacks! She’s a bit hot!”

Oh that’s right…

Yuri… and Tiffany.

Tiffany!

Stupid Kim Taeyeon! How could you forget something THAT important?

Good… At least Tiffany is obviously okay. But what about me? That freaking headache… What more am I forgetting? She tried to move, but the headache was just too much.

“How are you feeling?” Jessica asked.

I can’t move and I can’t talk, idiot! Taeyeon thought. But then she tried to breathe a bit more regularly and focus.

“Bad,” she managed to groan then.

“Oh god, seriously…” Jessica said, worried and touched Taeyeon’s head. Only then Taeyeon realized her head is bandaged. She tried to cough, but even the slightest movement was making her feel like dying. Her head felt like the heaviest aching stone and the rest of the body wasn’t exactly in a better condition. “Krystal!!!” Jessica screamed again

“Don’t…” Taeyeon managed to groan. “Scream. My head.”

“Ah, sorry…”

Taeyeon was slowly getting a bit better. The pain was still unbearable, but at least she already kind of knew what was happening. She recalled the fight. She assumed it was over. But she couldn’t recall what exactly happened to her. The last memories she had were those before the fight and even those were really messy.

“What happened?” she asked.

“Here drink,” Jessica said and gave Taeyeon a cup of something with a straw.

“What is it?” Taeyeon asked.

“Water with a drop of blood, it will help you feel better,” Jessica answered.

Taeyeon nodded and opened and on the straw. Even though Jessica said there was only a drop of blood in it, Taeyeon could taste it. She started to have more flashbacks.

She and Tiffany in a hotel room….

“Tiffany?” she asked as she stopped drinking.

“She’s okay,” Jessica reassured. “We all are.”

“The fight…” Taeyeon started.

“Everything went well thanks to the other slayers.”

“TAETAE!!”

Before Taeyeon could even register what was happening, there was already this black-haired pale pink monster sitting at the top of her, straddling her hips and hugging her tight.

“Oh god!” Taeyeon hissed. It hurt. But on the other hand it was the most beautiful feeling ever. She finally forced her arms to cooperate and hugged Tiffany back. She also noticed Jessica and the red haired girl walked away. Krystal! Of course! It was Krystal! She changed her hair color? Ugh, what are you thinking about, Kim Taeyeon, you’re lying on a comfy bed, the girl you love the most on the top of you and she’s wearing pink and she’s….

“Tiffany! You’re crying!” Taeyeon said in disbelieve as she realized what the wet thing on her shoulder was.

Tiffany looked up, right into Taeyeon’s eyes.

“Wow, you are crying! Why?” Taeyeon wondered. Tiffany looked so… vulnerable and… adorable.

“I don’t know, okay, this is like the first time in my life this weird salt water is leaking out of my eyes,” Tiffany sobbed.

Taeyeon wanted to laugh, but that made her head hurt, so she didn’t.

“I love you,” she just whispered. “And your squeezing me,” she added then.

“Oh, so sorry, I didn’t realize…” Tiffany immediately wanted to get off Taeyeon, but Taeyeon’s hands stopped her.

“Never said I minded.”

Tiffany smiled a Taeyeon wiped her tears away.

 “But you could tell me what happened… And hand me that cup with water over there. Please?” Taeyeon made puppy eyes. The water with blood indeed made her feel better. Yet the amount of it was probably too small to make her head mess with her. Or maybe it was because she was hurt. “And how come you are wearing pink?”

Tiffany gave Taeyeon her special drink and smiled.

“My lovely cousin Jessica made my little dream come true. We’re at her house by the way, in case you haven’t figured it out yet or nobody told you. Anyways, we were winning the fight when suddenly you decided to go for Jia and on your way back, you were injured by Kris, who was thrown at you. You hit your head and bled a lot.” Tiffany sadly smiled. “When I saw you, something broke with me. I wanted to run to you and carry you away, but…” Tiffany stopped talking.

“But?”

“I was so angry at the big smelly bear vampire, you know the biggest one, he was the one who pushed Kris… I’m not very proud of it, but I literally ripped his head off.”

“Huh?” Taeyeon’s jaw dropped. “Literally?”

“You know I only have my little dagger so… yeah… when I saw you on the ground, I suddenly felt like the strongest person ever. Hate makes people strong, I see… Well, I’m not proud of killing him in such an ugly way, you know. Ugh…” Tiffany broke the eye contact between them and got off Taeyeon. She really seemed upset about it. She remained seated at the edge of the bed.

“Aww, that’s… uh…” Taeyeon tried to sit up, but overrated herself and ended up falling back on the bed. She tried it for the second time, this time more slowly and she succeeded. She shifted a bit and hugged Tiffany from side. “That’s okay,” she whispered.

Tiffany seemed a bit startled. She looked at Taeyeon who gave her a reassuring smile.

“Thank you…” Tiffany whispered. “Anyways, after that it was pretty easy to get rid of the remaining one. But you were injured. Those Chinese chicks Jia and Victoria too. That Kris guy. Jiyong of course. And the rest of us had some minor injuries as well. They were all taken to the hospital.”

“Why wasn’t I?” Taeyeon wondered.

Tiffany chuckled. “You lost a lot of blood. What if you needed transfusion? Can you imagine it? So much strange blood in your system?”

“Oh,” Taeyeon uttered. “True. So… you took me to… Jessica’s house.”

“Yes, it was the closest place. And we thought the human blood could help you a bit, so we tried to feed you, but since you were unconscious, Seohyun actually said you were in coma, we just couldn’t force you to drink it without choking you. So we tried to feed you with little drops until you would wake up.”

“For how long have I been…?”

“Twenty hours. More or less. You’ve missed just a day,” Tiffany said.

Taeyeon slowly nodded and lied back down on the bed. “What happened during the day?”

“Apart from me dying out of worry?”

“You did?” Taeyeon smiled.

“More than I am willing to admit actually,” Tiffany said. “Well, Fei and the rest of her crew went to burn the big vampire and bury him. They left Amber here, saying she likes fire a bit too much. Amber was upset at first, but she seems to be getting along well with Krystal, so she changed her mind soon. They said they would stick around for a bit longer, just in case. But honestly, I believe it’s over,” Tiffany smiled. She overheard something from the side, so she looked the right direction. “Oh right and…”

“TAENGOO!!”

“Why everybody screams when they see me? Have some respect for my hurting head!” Taeyeon protested, but in kind of a joking way, of course she was more than happy to see Sunny after such a long time.

Another two people entered the room. Wait no. Another… three… four… Taeyeon’s head wasn’t in a condition to count them all.

But there was Sunny of course, Jessica returned, Yuri, Seohyun and Yoona came up out of nowhere and to Taeyeon’s surprise, also Hyoyeon appeared with her friend Sooyoung.

Taeyeon frowned as she looked at them. For some reason Sooyoung seemed more like a friend of Sunny’s. They kept looking at each other and smiling shyly, but also teasingly.

After Taeyeon told hi to everybody, she focused on them.

“Are you two dating or something?” she wondered.

“Whaat? Noo, not at all!” Sunny immediately said, panicking a bit.

Everybody, completely everybody, looked at her. Not believing her at all. Well, except for Seohyun, who seemed confused, and Jessica, who honestly couldn’t care less. She didn’t even know these people properly. So why would she care.

Yoona laughed. “Yeah, right. You are not dating. If that’s the case, then Yuri unnie isn’t dating Jessica unnie.”

“Don’t drag me into this,” Jessica said, half joking half serious. “This is still my house you’re in.”

“Okay, sure, but still, see my point?” Yoona smiled nervously.

“Yeah, you made it clear,” Jessica cleared . “You two are acting like infatuated teenagers,” she said.

Yuri chuckled. Sunny turned a bit red. Sooyoung pouted.

“So what?” Sooyoung said to Jessica. “So what if I am acting like a teenager and I’m infatuated with her? It’s my life, my decision- Oh, wait… I mean… so what if I’m acting like infatuated teen-“

“You’re infatuated with me?” Sunny breathed out quietly, but still successfully interrupting Sooyoung.

Sooyoung nervously smiled and touched the back of her neck. “Well… I already said so, so…”

Suddenly, Sunny jumped around Sooyoung’s neck. She literally had to jump. Sooyoung hugged her back and lifted her.

Yoona and Yuri started to giggle. It was so cute. Hyoyeon and Taeyeon ‘aww-ed’, Seohyun, Tiffany and even Jessica smiled.

Taeyeon clasped her hands. “Great! Now you’re dating! Congratz, Sunkyu!”

Sooyoung put Sunny back on the ground. Not that she thought Sunny was heavy, but… yeah, Sunny was heavy for Sooyoung. But Sooyoung just blamed herself inside, thinking she’s the one who’s not strong enough. Which was, of course, another possible interpretation of the same thing. In fact, Sunny was too heavy for Sooyoung’s strength.

“Now kiss!” Yoona said and clapped her hands.

Sunny and Sooyoung both looked at her.

“Yes!” Hyoyeon added.

“You have to, guys, you have to,” Yuri said.

 Sunny blushed and bit her lower lip before looking back at Sooyoung.

“Let’s make them happy?” Sooyoung suggested, flashing a beautiful smile.

Sunny shrugged. “Why not?”

“Yeahhh!!” like everybody cheered.

“This is awkward,” Sunny mumbled.

“Totally,” Sooyoung whispered back, but she didn’t care anymore and pressed her lips against Sunny. Everybody cheered even more. They pulled away, their cheeks completely red. Even the cheeky Sooyoung was blushing.

They were laughing and Taeyeon started to feel better and even more then better. The moment was just perfect. She even forgot about her injury for a while. She was here. Wasn’t really sure where, but let’s just go with Jessica’s house, with her friends, who were having a lot of fun, with her only family, her sister Hyoyeon, who seemed to get over the fact that she was kidnapped and almost died. And of course, her girlfriend. Her beautiful, sweet, caring, loving, perfect girlfriend. Who held her hand the entire time.

Taeyeon loved the night. But that only made her hate the morning more.

The wakeup call came too early. The sun was about to rise and Tiffany had to go to the basement. How stupid.

Tiffany was already gone when Taeyeon asked Yuri. “What about the cure?”

“I talked about it with the Chinese hunters. They took their little captive and also the cure. They said they will give it back to us, already ready.”

“Do we trust them?” Taeyeon asked.

“Of course we trust them,” a completely different voice said. It was Krystal, who just entered the room. Her bright red hair was giving Taeyeon headache, but it suited her a lot. Amber entered the room as well. She and Krystal seemed to become really friendly. “Amber here says she just talked to Fei, they’ll be here asap.”

“Five minutes,” Amber said in English and everybody understood.

“Amber also said they probably successfully made the cure. Of course they haven’t tested it yet since Tiffany’s the subject, but they did exactly what we told them.”

“Uhm, Krystal, can I have a question?” Taeyeon asked.

“Yes, what is it?”

“Why did you dye your hair red?”

“I was bored. And I regret nothing, I look awesome,” she grinned and flipped her hair in a fabulous way.

“Sure you do,” Taeyeon just said.

Jessica appeared in the room. She had been in the basement with Tiffany and now she returned. She ruffled Krystal’s hair as she walked by and, ignoring Krystal’s loud protests, she went to Yuri, briefly kissed her on the lips and smiled at Taeyeon.

“You seem to be in a great mood,” Yuri said, surprised.

“You’re saying it like it is something extraordinary,” Jessica answered.

“Uh, because it is,” Taeyeon and Krystal said at the same time. They looked at each other and laughed.

“Nice one,” Krystal stated and Taeyeon nodded.

“We’re back!” a boy’s voice echoed. It was Chen. And Fei appeared in the room right after him.

“You have the cure?” was the first thing Taeyeon wanted to know. Chen nodded.

“Of course we do. And we’re gonna give it to your friend as a thank for helping us defeat the boss of the bear clan. It was a tough fight, but we won and you deserve some credit for that as well.”

“Yeah well, the cure is ours,” Taeyeon frowned.

“But the vampire was ours,” Chen opposed.

“What have you done to him?” Yuri wondered.

Chen just mysteriously smiled. “You don’t need to know. This is all you need,” he said and handed Yuri the small flacon of dark liquid.

“Ho ho…. Let’s go to the basement,” Taeyeon said excited.

“Hopefully the cure won’t have any side effects; we have only one chance,” Jessica whispered into Yuri’s ear quietly. Yuri looked at her, shocked. She didn’t think of that.

“Yeah, oh god, you’re right,” Yuri panicked a bit.

Taeyeon didn’t notice anything as she was already on her way to basement.

Jessica held Yuri’s left hand as she had the cure in her right one and they followed her.

When they arrived, Taeyeon was already excitedly hugging Tiffany around her waist. Nobody said a word. Yuri just handed the cure to Tiffany who accepted it and opened it.

She looked at Taeyeon and kissed her lips. “Just in case it killed me,” she said half joking, half serious, but it still managed to wash the excited smile out of Taeyeon’s face.

“Wait, wha- Tiffany!” Taeyeon suddenly tried to stop her, but it was too late.

“Cheers!” Tiffany said and drank the content of the little bottle one shot…

 

 

A/N: An epilogue coming next :) Wait for it :) Hope I didn't disappoint you with the story. But still.... many things can still happen :D hahaha, I'm so evil.

Anyways, I already made my upcoming story public, so feel free to subscribe :)

LINK HERE

Thanks for reading & thanks for the comments!