Ch.04 - The Kwons

Prey

Who is Tiffany?

Who is her boss?

Who is Yuri?

And who am I?

Taeyeon had too many questions in her head. She was packing her stuff and Sunny was helping her. They were almost done already. And she kept thinking. Should she trust Tiffany? Can she? She slightly shook her head. She didn’t have any other chance. It was a possible death versus certain death.

“Hey, what’s that?” Sunny suddenly asked, holding an old photo in her hand.

Taeyeon took it and looked at it. “Oh, this… I haven’t seen this in ages,” she sighed.

There were three couples in the picture and five children. The adults were in their thirties or so and the children were around five years old. Except for the one boy, he was around eleven. One of the women was pregnant.

“What is it?” Sunny asked, curious.

“My parents,” Taeyeon pointed at one couple. “That’s me… and that… I think it might be my sister,” she said with a sad smile. “The other people… I don’t know. But I guess they were my parent’s friends, or maybe my other relatives… you know, uncles and aunts and their children. I don’t know.”

“Oh…”

Knock! Knock!

“Yuri?” Taeyeon wondered, looking at the door.

“Uhm, that wasn’t knocking on the door, but… window,” Sunny stated, looking at the source of the sound. Taeyeon turned around and spotted a dark figure behind the glass. It was only then when she realized it was already really late and the sun had set a long time ago.

“Tiffany?” she said and went to the window to open it.

Tiffany quietly jumped into the room and took off her mask.

“Hi… Oh, hi,” she added with slight a smile, when she spotted Sunny. “I’m Tiffany,” she said extending her hand.

Sunny accepted it, staring into Tiffany’s face. “I imagined you… scarier. I mean, Taeyeon said you were beautiful, but you sure don’t look scary,” she explained.

Tiffany chuckled. “You said I was beautiful?” she asked, amused, looking at Taeyeon.

The other girl slightly blushed and uncomfortably cleared . “I didn’t mean… I mean… yes,” she admitted then, embarrassed. “What are you doing here?” she said, changing the topic.

“Just wanted to check on you… You are running away, right?” Tiffany asked, looking around the apartment. Taeyeon just nodded. “Do you know where are you going already? Do you have a good place to hide?”

“Surprisingly, I think I maybe do.”

“Really? Where?”

Taeyeon hesitated. Should she tell? And what can she tell? She herself doesn’t know anything. “Have you ever heard of Kwon Yuri?” she said then.

“No,” Tiffany said, shaking her head a little bit. Then she frowned a bit. “Wait, Kwon? Like  the slayers Kwons?”

“Slayers? Huh? What are you talking about?” Taeyeon asked, confused.

“Vampire slayers? You don’t know?”

“Uhm, I don’t?”

“I’m like totally confused… and invisible,” Sunny complained, sticking her tongue into her cheek.

“Sorry, Sunny-yah…. But… tell me more, Tiffany… Slayers? Why would she help me, if she hunts vampires? Tell me,” Taeyeon pleaded and Sunny ended up being ignored again.

“You know… strong people killing vampires…”

“Like Buffy?” Taeyeon asked kind of randomly.

Tiffany looked a bit irritated with the question, but eventually nodded. “Yeah. Kind of like Buffy.” After all, the simile wasn’t that inaccurate. “And I don’t know why she’s helping you… But if she’s really trying to help, if you trust her, then go with her. It should be safe for you,” she said and thought about the Kwons. Where did those came from? The clan of the Kwons wasn’t really active anymore. They had only around three people in the area for some unknown reason. Tiffany blinked. She suddenly realized… Maybe they knew about Taeyeon?

“Huh, weird…” Sunny mumbled, breaking the silence.

“Tiffany?” Taeyeon asked carefully.

“Yes?”

“Mhm… you seem to be… much less aggressive than the last time. Did something… happened?” Taeyeon asked quietly. Tiffany was still scaring the crap out of her, even though her expression was somehow softer than the last time.

“Oh, that’s just because I fed myself today,” Tiffany answered, her lips. Seohyun brought some packages of blood the last night, so she had a heartwarming dinner.

“B-blood?” Taeyeon stuttered a bit.

“Well, of course it wasn’t a bowl with cereals.”

“Animal blood?” Taeyeon asked. She was really scared of the answer, but she needed to know.

“No, human blood. We don’t drink animal blood, it’s not nutritious enough,” Tiffany stated matter-of-factly.

Taeyeon gulped. It crossed her mind again. The thought that Tiffany could kill her in a blink of an eye if she wanted. She wanted to know how many people had Tiffany killed so far, but she didn’t have the courage to actually ask.

*Knock knock*

Now that wasn’t a window.

“Taeyeon-ah! It’s me! Yuri!”

“I’ll get that,” Sunny said and walked away.

“The slayer?” Tiffany asked and Taeyeon nodded. “Okay, don’t wanna cause any misunderstandings,” Tiffany said, put on her mask and ran towards the window.

“Eh, wait-!” Too late. Tiffany was gone.

Meanwhile, Sunny returned, now with Yuri next to her.

“Ready?” Yuri asked.

“Almost,” Taeyeon said, looking around the room. She took the last pieces of clothes, toothbrush and some other stuff and stuffed it into one of two huge suitcases. Then she closed it.

“Aaaah,” she winced in pain.

“What happened?” Yuri asked, totally worried and rushed to Taeyeon. Sunny just rolled her eyes.

“I didn’t take out my hand out of the suitcase before closing it. My fingers are getting all swollen,” Taeyeon said, a little bit embarrassed and rubbed her hurt hand.

Yuri shook her head with a sigh.

“Now we’re ready,” Taeyeon grinned awkwardly.

“Close the window and let’s go then,” Yuri said. Taeyeon stared at the opened window and wondered when she will see Tiffany again. She shook her head a bit to get rid of those thoughts and closed it. Then she took one of the huge suitcases.

“Mind helping me?” she asked, looking at Sunny, who just took the other one and they followed Yuri outside…

 

 

“Isn’t it sad?” Taeyeon asked, breaking the silence in Yuri’s car.

“What?” Sunny, who was sitting at the back, asked.

“My entire existing life just shrunk into two stupid suitcases. Kim Taeyeon just died a bit.”

Yuri chuckled. “Oh, Taeyeon-ah, I’m afraid your life is just about to get crazy.”

“Where are we going anyways?” Sunny wondered aloud and looked at Yuri.

Taeyeon looked at the tall girl as well and nodded. “Finally the place you keep disappearing to, right?” she added.

“We’re here actually,” Yuri smiled and stopped the car.

The other two girls looked outside the window. There was nothing interesting around in this part of Seoul, except for…

“Museum? Why would you take us to the museum?”

“It’s not only a museum,” Yuri said. “Let’s go, I’ll show you… You don’t have to take your luggage, I’ll tell my sister to take it later.”

“You have a sister?” Sunny wondered, surprised.  “You’ve never mentioned.”

“Not really,” Yuri just said and mysteriously smiled before she entered the huge building. Taeyeon and Sunny quickly followed, not asking anything anymore.

This was the first time Taeyeon entered this museum. And it was really a magnificent building. The interior was beautiful and everything looked so damn expensive. There were so many expositions of so many different things, it was amazing.

Yuri led them to the back and then she unlocked some door and led them downstairs and Taeyeon was pretty sure this part of the museum was not opened to public anymore. Yuri led them through a long white corridor under the ground.

Then she reached another door and opened it, using her fingerprints. The door was really… technically advanced. The door opened and revealed a huge living room. It was in a modern style, but still it looked somehow cozy. The room was surprisingly naturally bright, even though there were no windows. Then Taeyeon realized. Of course… the ceiling. The ceiling was basically a one huge window. But it wasn’t hot at all in the room, which was weird, because glass plus sun usually makes the heat unbearable. Mhm, maybe air cons?

In the middle of the living room, there was a TV and a couch, a boy and a girl playing videogames. Okay, that would be pretty normal. But Taeyeon found a bit disturbing the katanas on the walls. But back to the girl and the boy playing videogames. They were pretty noisy actually.

“Here! Take that, you jerk!” the girl yelled.

“Never, you little… Ah! Yes! Combo!”

“No! No no no… Here… Hell yeah!! That’s right!”

“You-“

“Yoona! Jiyong!” Yuri barked and walked towards the TV only to turn it off.

“Unnie!” the girl, Yoona, whined.

“Yaaah!” the boy, Jiyong, frowned. “I was winning!”

“We have more important things to do than your stupid videogames,” Yuri said pointing at Taeyeon. “Meet Taeyeon.”

“Oooh,” Jiyong winked in amazement. “That’s her?”

“She looks… plain,” Yoona added.

Taeyeon pouted a bit.

Yuri just sighed. “Taeyeon, meet two out of my three companions. Jiyong oppa and Yoona. I consider her my sister, though we’re actually only distant cousins or something.”

“I’m your cousin!” Jiyong said, waving his hand.

“Uhm, yeah, sure, he’s my cousin. Real cousin. My dad and his mom are siblings. But whatever… He’s an idiot,” Yuri said, shrugging and Jiyong snorted.

“Okay, nice to meet you both… But now… how about you explain me everything?” Taeyeon asked.

Yuri slowly nodded. “Is BoA unnie here?”

“Somebody said my name?” an angelic voice asked and a diva entered the room.

“Oh, unnie!”

That girl, BoA, was really short, but absolutely gorgeous. She slowly scanned Taeyeon from head to toe. “So… Nice to finally meet you, Taeyeon, welcome to our lovely house.”

“Mhm, hello,” Taeyeon said.

“And you are?” BoA asked, looking at Sunny.

“Sunny, Taeyeon’s friend.”

“Oh, okay… Do you want to hide too?”

“No, I can’t. I have a school,” Sunny said.

“Then… you have to be really careful. Act like you don’t know where Taeyeon is. It’s really important if you want to survive this.”

BoA kept talking in a calm voice, but she still managed to scare Sunny. The thought that she might actually be endangered too didn’t really cross her mind before. She gulped and nodded.

“So… are you finally going to tell me what is going on?” Taeyeon asked bluntly. She was starting to get impatient.

“Sure, sit down please,” BoA instructed and Taeyeon obeyed. Sunny sat right next to her and Yuri and Yoona sat down too. Jiyong went to some other room without saying a word, followed by BoA’s judging look.

“He was playing video games, wasn’t he? That’s why he got all grumpy,” she asked as she sat across them.

“Yeah, with Yoona,” Yuri mumbled.

“Unnie!” Yoona shrieked. “You could have just said ‘yes’!”

Yuri chuckled.

“Never mind, let’s… talk,” BoA said.

“So?” Taeyeon asked.

“Mhm… so you’re kind of half-vampire,” Yuri started.

“I know,” Taeyeon said.

“How do you know?” BoA asked, obviously surprised.

Taeyeon sighed and told them everything about Tiffany.

“What?” BoA was frowning and Yoona shifted a bit.

“I’ve told you about it already,” Yuri said.

“Yes, you have. You told me Tiffany was after Taeyeon, but you didn’t mention that she actually was about to help her. That’s really strange why would she do that? She doesn’t have any reason.”

“I know… I know it’s weird,” Yuri nodded.

“Uhm, so, that was my story, can you finally tell me something about this ridiculous situation?” Taeyeon asked.

“We’re… vampire slayers. We hunt vampires down,” Yoona said.

“Yeah, I figured…” Taeyeon nodded. “But what does that have to do with me? Why are you helping me if you’re supposed to kill vampires?”

“You’re the last member of the Fox clan,” BoA said. “And there was a deal, between us, the Kwons and your clan. Your clan was different from others. The members weren’t just mindless murderers. And as far as I know, your father was a friend with another slayer and one member of the Wolf clan, the clan that’s after you. And together, the three of them were trying to find a way how to turn vampires into people.”

“You knew my parents?” Taeyeon asked, her eyes sparkling.

“No,” BoA said, shaking her head. “I personally didn’t. But my parents did. They were the ones who made the deal with your clan.”

“Ah…”

“So after they got murdered by the Wolf clan-“

“What?!”

“Oh, sorry, I forgot you don’t know anything. Well… the Wolf clan found out about your parents’ and their friends’ doings and disliked it. So they killed them all. Your parents, and their four friends. And then they were after their children. But the children survived. You survived. About the slayer couple… I don’t know if their children survived. I don’t know any details about them, but then there was your sister.”

Taeyeon sadly smiled. “I knew that girl from the family picture was my sister… So that really were my parents’ friends, huh?”

“We don’t know anything about her. We don’t know if they got her or not. Sorry,” BoA sighed.

“That’s fine, I guess… I don’t remember her anyways…” Taeyeon said.

“Yeah, well… then there were two kids of a vampire and a slayer. That vampire was a member of the Wolf clan and he befriended so called wrong people, so that’s why his own clan killed him. His wife was a slayer, the other slayer’s sister. Yeah, the relationships were a bit complicated,” BoA said, as she noticed Taeyeon’s confused expression.

“Let’s put it this way… there were three couples. A human and a vampire from the Fox clan, your parents. Then a couple of two slayers, the girl was Jung, famous slayer and the boy was from a small clan, not important. They had two daughters as well. And then a slayer and a vampire. The slayer was Jung and the vampire was from the Wolf clan. Because Jungs and the Wolf clan always hated each other, the Wolf clan got rid of their own member and also his wife. They had two children. The older one was a boy and he got killed soon after his parents. But the younger one, a girl…” BoA suddenly stopped talking.

Taeyeon and Sunny both frowned.

“Why… aren’t you talking?” Taeyeon asked. “Please, continue. I want to know the whole story.”

“Well… you said you had a picture?” BoA asked. “I mean, of your sister and some other people? Can I see it?”

“Mhm, sure…” Taeyeon quickly went through her pockets. “I… I think it’s in my suitcase.”

“Suit-… oh, Yoona, could you please…?”

“Sure,” Yoona quickly stood up and ran out of the room.

The following minute was quite awkward and the atmosphere was really tensed.

But luckily, Yoona returned soon. She was carrying the two heavy suitcases all by herself and didn’t even look tired. Impressive. But then Taeyeon remembered slayers are also pretty strong. Of course, they are supposed to kill vampires, they have to be strong.

Taeyeon took one of the suitcases and fought with the straps that were keeping it closed. “Oh, damn it,” she cursed and pulled hard. The suitcase slid and fell, hitting Taeyeon’s leg. She hissed a bit, but at least it opened. It took her only a few seconds to find it.

“Here,” she said as she handed it to BoA.

BoA took the picture and examined it. “That’s what I thought… You just made me one hundred percent sure… I knew it…”

“What is it?” Taeyeon asked, peeking at the picture.

“Your parents, you and your sister,” she said, pointing at the mentioned people. “The pregnant one is Jung and her husband, slayer, and their daughter. And then… the vampire from the Wolf clan, his wife, Jung, their son, Leo, and their daughter…” BoA took a deep breath before finishing the sentence. “Tiffany.”

 

 

A/N: I've never realized how little Kwons there are in k-pop until I was writing this chapter xD But surprise surprise! TaeNy were childhood friends. And in case you didn't get it, coz this is reallyyyy confusing -> JeTi are cousins, hhh. This chapter is a bit.... I don't really like this one. I promise the next one would be better.