Ch.06 - It's Not Closed For Me

Prey

Taeyeon was surprised how huge the museum actually was. It had four floors and many rooms. Every room was filled with different things. There was a room with paintings, a room with jewelry, with ancient artifacts and even a room with stuffed animals.

“Waaah,” Taeyeon breathed out in amazement as she touched a real stuffed elephant. Since Yoona’s family owned it here, Taeyeon was allowed to touch everything she wanted and wasn’t protected by glass. But Yoona still told her not to tell BoA. “You have everything here.”

Yoona chuckled. “It’s the second biggest museum in Korea, what did you expect?”

“It’s really beautiful here.”

“Oh, there you are,” a voice said.

The two girls turned around. “Yuri, hi,” Taeyeon greeted.

“BoA unnie has some things to do tonight, so she’s not coming back tonight,” Yuri said to Yoona.

“Oh, okay. So?”

“So we need to close the museum. Approximately in….” Yuri looked at her wrist watches. “…well, now.”

“What time is it?” Taeyeon asked, surprised. She looked out of the window and realized, the sun had already set.

“8PM. Almost.”

“Wow, Yoona, we’ve been looking at the expositions for like four hours already!” Taeyeon breathed out in disbelieve. “Can you believe it? I suddenly realized I’m hungry and I need to pee.”

“Go get some food then, I’ll help Yuri unnie with closing the museum,” Yoona said. “I let the door opened, it’s not locked.”

Yoona wasn’t as excited as Taeyeon about the museum. Four hours seemed like forever to her. After all, she knew the museum well and there was nothing interesting for her anymore, but seeing Taeyeon’s bright eyes every time she spotted something made her feel less bored.

“Oh, okay,” Taeyeon said and headed downstairs.

Yuri and Yoona escorted the rest of the visitors outside and turned off the lights in the rooms.

“Unnie, where’s Jiyong oppa?” Yoona suddenly asked once they were almost done.

“I don’t know, but he should be back by now already,” Yuri said. “Mhm, that’s weird…”

“Should I look for him? Maybe he got into some troubles again…”

“Okay… go… but take your sword,” Yuri said and Yoona just nodded and left.

Yuri then went to the main hall and wanted to lock the door. She was about to close it, when suddenly a hand appeared out of nowhere and stopped her from doing so. Yuri was surprised, but reminded calm. “I’m sorry, it’s closed,” she said.

“It’s not closed for me…”

 

 

Taeyeon was sitting in the living room watching TV. She ended up watching a reality show with one girl group, Girls’ Generation. It was fun, Taeyeon really liked their leader. She was so immersed in the show, that she didn’t hear the quiet steps from behind. When she finally registered them, she didn’t even turn around, she just automatically thought it’s Yoona or Yuri.

“Closed already?” she just asked, absent-mindedly.

“What are you talking about?” a soothing quiet voice asked. It definitely didn’t belong to Yoona or Yuri. Taeyeon’s eyes widened a bit and she turned around.

“Tiffany! How did you get there?” she asked, surprised and also kind of happy to see the girl.

“Seriously, this building isn’t such an impregnable fortress, I thought it would be harder. But I guess I got lucky. Yuri, I think it was her, was busy with some other girl and didn’t pay attention to the unlocked door, so I just sneaked inside and entered that one weird corridor I spotted. No door was locked, so it was easy,” Tiffany explained as she took of her shawl and sat next to Taeyeon.

“Why do you keep wearing that?” Taeyeon asked.

“My complexion is too pale, it makes me visible in the dark, that’s why. It doesn’t have any special reason,” Tiffany said. “How are you?” she asked then, touching Taeyeon’s arm. Tiffany’s hand was cold, really cold, but it made Taeyeon feel somehow warm. How odd…

“I’m fine. Yuri’s taking good care of me so far,” Taeyeon smiled. “How about you? Did something happen? Why are you here? It’s dangerous.”

“I just needed to see you, I don’t know why,” Tiffany whispered really quietly. “I feel somehow… connected to you. I can’t explain it, but it’s like we’ve known each other since forever,” she admitted.

Taeyeon looked away. She wasn’t uncomfortable with Tiffany’s words, but she realized that they actually did know each other when they were kids, but Tiffany didn’t know and Taeyeon didn’t remember it too.  So she just nodded.

“I… understand,” she said. She didn’t feel any connection between them, but she cared about the other girl. And maybe that’s what Tiffany meant. She didn’t know, it was a bit weird. She wondered if it’s because they used to know each other. The memories might be gone, but maybe the feeling reminded deep down inside them. It was hard to tell, she could only guess.

“Anyways, I have a really weird feeling about this,” Tiffany said.

“About what?”

“Siwon, my boss, warned me not to drink your blood. He told me not to even taste it. I wonder how that vampire in you makes your blood different from human’s. I told him I had just killed you and then burned your body.”

“Ugh, you would do that?” Taeyeon asked, frowning. She didn’t like the thought of Tiffany doing that at all.

“I would. I was supposed to kill you with no traces left and that means getting rid of your body. But I failed my first attempt to kill you- you still have to explain me that one –and then I started to think about this whole thing and that was the mistake.”

“How was it a mistake? It’s totally a good thing!”

“Well… not really. My thinking caused all this mess…”

 

FLASHBACK

Tiffany was confident about killing Taeyeon. She was sure she won’t fail for the second time. She just returned to her room after talking with Siwon. She already calmed down, thought she was still upset about her failed attempt. She lied on the bed and closed her eyes. Suddenly Taeyeon’s face emerged in her mind. Those innocent eyes and confused look… The way she burned her dinner… The way she hurt herself and cursed…. She started to hesitate. How can she cold-heartedly murder a kid? She sat up. How is that girl even a threat?

Siwon was talking about reproducing. But if Taeyeon married and had children, they would be only quarter vampires. Tiffany seriously doubted that quarter vampires would be dangerous when obviously not even a half vampire is.

No. She just can’t kill Taeyeon. That’s against her beliefs. She doesn’t kill those who don’t deserve it. And she was sure that this poor girl doesn’t. If she killed her, she would kill herself too…

END OF THE FLASHBACK

 

“That’s what I thought. At first,” Tiffany said with a slight smile.

“At first?”

“Then I started to realize that I don’t feel like killing myself by killing you just because you don’t deserve it. We’re connected, Taeyeon. I can’t explain it, but we are.”

Taeyeon froze a bit. Should she tell her? Nah.. not now, this is not the right time… Plus, she herself didn’t know enough.

“What’s wrong?” Tiffany questioned, noticing Taeyeon’s sudden stiffness.

“Nothing, just… this whole thing is weird,” Taeyeon said, not saying the actual truth aloud.

 Tiffany nodded. “You’re right. It is.”

Suddenly, they heard footsteps. “Omo!” Taeyeon whispered. “Will they be okay with you being here? I don’t think they trust you.”

“Erghhh, yeah… I’m afraid this is not the right time to officially meet. And I basically broke in here.”

Taeyeon grabbed Tiffany’s wrist and pulled her into her room. She bit her lower lip as she looked around. Where to hide her?

“Oh, here,” Taeyeon opened the wardrobe and pushed Tiffany behind the door. Or well, pushed… Tiffany allowed her to. Taeyeon wasn’t strong enough to actually push her. Tiffany couldn’t possible hide inside the wardrobe since there were shelves inside, but when it was opened then the inside of the wardrobe wasn’t visible from the door, so she could quite easily hide behind the plywood. Unless somebody would actually enter the room.

“Stand on the bottom shelve, that way your legs won’t be visible,” Taeyeon instructed, and then-

*Knock knock knock*

The door immediately opened. Yuri didn’t even wait for Taeyeon to let her in. She was upset and didn’t suspect Taeyeon of doing something weird or unusual.

“You won’t believe what just happe- oh… you’re changing?”

“Yeah…” Taeyeon chuckled awkwardly and pressed herself more against Tiffany, so Yuri wouldn’t see anything.

“Need some help?” Yuri took a step forward.

“No! That’s fine!” Taeyeon panicked a bit and the first thing she came up with was to take off her t-shirt and throw it on the bed to show Yuri, that she really doesn’t need any help. She accidentally hit Tiffany’s nose with her elbow. “Could you wait for me in the living room? I’ll be right there.”

Taeyeon looked at Tiffany’s nose and touched it. ‘Sorry,’ she mouthed. Tiffany just shook her head, showing Taeyeon it didn’t hurt at all. She was a liiiiittle bit disturbed by the fact Taeyeon was pressing her body on hers while being half . It wasn’t awkward or uncomfortable, but Taeyeon in bra made her feel a bit nervous. It was a really weird feeling for her. And also completely new. Taeyeon on the other hand looked like she didn’t find this situation unusual at all. When Yuri walked away, she just took a step back and stared at confused Tiffany.

“What?” she just asked and took some random shirt to put it on.

“Nothing,” Tiffany breathed out and stepped down on the floor.

“Stay here, okay? I’ll be back soon,” Taeyeon smiled at Tiffany and went to Yuri…

 

 

“So what happened Yuri?” Taeyeon asked as she sat on the couch next to Yuri. Again she peeked at the covered torn part of it. Nobody noticed so far. Good.

“Seriously, aish… that girl… I wonder if all members of their family are like that.”

 

FLASHBACK

“It’s not closed for me.”

Yuri was shocked when the girl opened that girl wide. She was strong. Really strong. As strong as Yuri actually.

“What do you want?” Yuri asked sharply.

“You… have something what’s mine. I want it back.” The girl looked into Yuri’s eyes and a realization crossed Yuri’s face.

“Oh, you,” she said as she remembered. “The Jung from before.”

“That would be me. Now give me back my sword or…” the girl put her hand behind her back and Yuri noticed she had another sword with her.

“Why? You obviously have another one. Plus I won the fight that day, your weapon is my award.”

“Just give it back… I warn you, Kwon.”

“How did you even find me, Jung?” Yuri asked in the same sharp tone.

“I have my ways. So?”

“ Look, Yuri… You’re Yuri, right? Or Yoona? I’m Jessica. And I have no mercy with those who steal my stuff,” she said quietly. It was calm but warning at the same time. Yuri knew she wasn’t joking.

“I don’t see any reason why should I return it,” Yuri said. She knew that giving it back would be easy and it would solve everything immediately, but it might be quite interesting if she just a bit. “But…” she said with a smirk. “I will give it back to you if you defeat me in a fight,” she offered. She had nothing to lose and she might as well practice a bit.

Jessica obviously hesitated, but then she firmly nodded. She also had nothing to lose. “Sure. Take your sword.”

Yuri had her sword in her room and she couldn’t risk going all the way there with a Jung being here. So she just decided to take one from the museum. She wasn’t used to those swords, but she could just use a similar one. “Follow me,” she said to Jessica and went to the right room. She turned off the alarm and took one of the swords from the wall. She chose a one-handed one since she usually uses them. “Wanna fight here or should we go outside?”

“Let’s not lose time,” Jessica said and took out her sword.

Yuri gulped a bit as she saw it. So that’s why Jessica had the sword on her back. It looked enormously huge and heavy. It was two-handed. As far as Yuri remembered the sword she took from Jessica during their first meeting was one-handed.

“Okay then…” she said.

They faced each other, looking into each other’s eyes. Their expressions were dark. Yuri’s sword looked really small next to Jessica’s, but it’s not about swords. It’s about the ability to use them. And it made her feel a bit better seeing Jessica looked nervous too. Plus she kept moving her fingers, like she couldn’t find the right position of her hands on the hilt.

They reminded quiet for a few seconds, then finally, Jessica swung the sword and hit Yuri’s hard.

“Ah!” Yuri hissed as she parried the hit and then dodged it. She was very well aware of the fact Jessica’s sword is heavy, but heck, she didn’t expect that strong hit. She had to hold her one handed sword in two hands, so she wouldn’t drop it. The sword was so heavy even Jessica lost her balance a bit.

“Don’t you have a different sword at home?” Yuri asked. “This one is a bit…”

“That’s exactly why I need my sword back, idiot,” Jessica gritted her teeth and swung her sword again aiming on Yuri’s shoulder. Yuri quickly bent down so Jessica missed. Yuri felt the sword above her head. That was close. She was sure that if she got hit by Jessica’s sword, she would probably fell unconscious. She heard Jessica hiss. Yuri smiled a bit. She knew she’s gonna win this fight. Jessica’s movements were sloppy and she obviously couldn’t fight well with that sword.

Jessica tried to hit Yuri a few more times, but always missed. She was moving too slowly, Yuri had enough time to avoid all of her hits. Then Jessica hit hard. Yuri warded the sword off, but Jessica still managed to send her down on the floor. The shorter girl lost her balance as well though. Her sword hit one of the glass walls and of course, it smashed it to zillion pieces. The she fell on the ground as well.

“Ughh!” she hissed as she tried to get up, but before she could pick up her sword she already felt a cold sharp metal on . She looked down at Yuri’s sword.

“We have already been through this already, weren’t we,” Yuri smirked.

“You…” Jessica growled, burning Yuri down with her look.

Yuri chuckled. “I think you lost, Jessica,” she said in a mocking way.

“I’ll be back,” Jessica whispered, used her hand to push Yuri’s sword away, put her own back into the shield and walked away.

After Jessica disappeared from her sight, Yuri started to breathe heavily. She was pretending to be absolutely fine before, but in fact the fight exhausted her. Jessica was a good fighter. Yuri dropped the sword on the ground and looked at the smashed glass.

“BoA unnie is going to kill me…”

END OF THE FLASHBACK

 

“And that’s happened,” Yuri finished her story.

“You could have just given her the sword,” Taeyeon stated.

“I know. But that’s no fun, you know?” Yuri answered with a smile. “Seriously, I like fighting with her; she’s… my ideal rival. She’s as strong as I am. Not stronger, not weaker. It’s a pleasure to fight with her,” Yuri explained.

“So, you’re waiting for her to come back, huh?” Taeyeon chuckled.

“Sure. She will come back soon, she really wants the sword,” Yuri smirked and looked at one of the katanas on the wall.

Then they were quiet for a few seconds.

“I think I’ll go to bed,” Taeyeon said then, thinking about Tiffany who was still in her room. “I’m kind of tired,” she lied and faked a yawn.

“Oh, okay. I’ll wait for Yoona and Jiyong, I’ll tell them to tidy the glass we broke while fighting and I’ll go to sleep too,” Yuri nodded with a smile. Taeyeon chuckled.

“You shouldn’t torture them so much.”

“I should. They do nothing. They just play videogames all day long,” Yuri said. “They should be somehow useful too.”

“Okay… If you think so,” Taeyeon grinned, amused. “So… good night Yuri-yah.”

“Good night, Taeyeon,” Yuri smiled, not suspecting anything weird or unusual, so Taeyeon returned to her room.

Taeyeon walked inside and looked around. She closed the door and whispered: “Tiffany?”

 

 

A/N: Kind of forgot to update, oops ^^ Sorry :) I hope this chapter made it up to you at least a bit ^^ Yay for YulSic and TaeNy? xD

A new character will appear in the next chapter! :) Well, that character already made an appearance, but.... you will see :) kkk