Ch.13 - Involved

Prey

(((Sorry for the format, new laptop, don't know what to do with this xDDD)))

 

 

Sunye was still upset that Taeyeon obviously moved on. She hated it. “Kim Taeyeon is mine,” she said, gritting her teeth and drank another shot of soju.

Oh is she?” a sweet voice echoed next to her.

Sunye looked at the boy who was sitting on the chair next to her. “Ugh, what do you want?”

I came here for a drink, just like you did… Heartbroken?” he asked with a charming smile and flipped his black hair.

Sunye sighed. “Heartbroken… angry… whatever…”

You still love her?” he asked.

I… I just want her. I want to own her.”

Oh you bad bad girl,” he smirked. “A little possessive, aren’t we? Not that I don’t like it.”

Ugh,” Sunye looked at him, a bit disgusted. “Who are you again?”

Oh, I am so sorry, where are my manners?” he apologized and bowed his head. “I am Choi Minho,” nice to meet you. “What is your lovely name?”

Sun,” Sunye answered.

Oh, really? That’s a beautiful name for a beautiful girl.”

You’re… gross. What are you trying to do? Picking up brokenhearted girls ain’t nice, you know?” Sunye said, looking even more disgusted. “I really won’t buy your cheap, cheesy lines, they’re just making me cringe.”

Minho slowly shook his head. “I wouldn’t be so rude, if I were you,” he warned her.

Uhm and why is that?”

Because…” he lowered his voice, “because if you’re mean, I will kill you.”

Sunye’s eyes widened a bit and she quickly took out her wallet. She paid for her soju and then left. To her displeasure that Minho guy followed her. She quickly left the bar and tried to escape in the dark night, since it was already evening, but he kept following her. A sharp pain ran through her entire body as somebody pressed some kind of pressure point on her neck. Then she fell unconscious…

 

 

 

Taeyeon and Tiffany were a bit awkward for the rest of the day. And… night. Taeyeon couldn’t sleep so she kept drawing random sketches on a piece of paper and writing random symbols.

Tiffany couldn’t handle the weird atmosphere anymore so she decided to break the never-ending silence. “What are you drawing?” she asked.

Ah, nothing, just…” Taeyeon’s eyes widened as she looked at her sketch. “Nothing.”

Can I see it?”

Taeyeon folded the paper and showed it to Tiffany. “You see? Just random… symbols.”

Tiffany frowned. “What are these symbols?”

Ah, it’s a… writing actually.”

A writing?”

Yeah… I know how to write it since forever, I… I think it’s something my parents taught me, but I don’t remember. I taught it Sunye and we used it as our secret code,” Taeyeon explained.

Ah… well… why are you writing? And what does this mean?”

It… nothing specific. Just… I like how it looks like pictures. I mean… this one looks like a little house, while this one is like some animal.”

What are those letters? How would you write… I don’t know, my name?”

Taeyeon’s face turned a bit red. “Well…”

Hmm?”

This… is your name,” Taeyeon said, turning even redder as she pointed at some of the symbols she just wrote.

Tiffany raised her eyebrows and looked at Taeyeon, quietly questioning her.

Ahhh, never mind, I need to pee,” the shorter girl said, put the paper on the bed and left the room. She didn’t need to pee, but she was kind of embarrassed, so she just decided to leave the room for a moment. But she didn’t realize Tiffany is a really curious person.

As soon as Tiffany was left alone in the room she took the paper and unfolded it. The drawing caught her off guard, it completely shocked her. It was… so… Surprise and shock were visible on her face. She gulped and hesitated for a second. Then she made sure by checking the clock that it’s already night and left the room, following Taeyeon.

She found Taeyeon in the kitchen, drinking water.

Taeyeon,” she whispered, biting her lower lip.

Taeyeon turned around and looked at Tiffany with a nervous smile. “Yeah?”

You… left this there,” Tiffany informed and showed Taeyeon her drawing.

Taeyeon looked at it and then looked away. “It’s… you are not gonna believe me if I’ll say it’s not you, right?” she asked nervously.

Tiffany shook her head. “You know, the rumor that vampires can’t be seen in a mirror ain’t true.”

Uhmm… What… do you want me to say?” Taeyeon asked.

I-I don’t know actually. I just wanna know what this means,” Tiffany stuttered.

Taeyeon sighed and looked into Tiffany’s eyes with a soft expression. “You really wanna know?” she asked quietly and Tiffany just nodded. “Okay. Well… Tiffany… I… I like you,” she whispered, but it came out really clearly.

Tiffany pressed her lips together and started to panic a bit. It took her a while to take it in. All those feelings… It was new to her. Completely new. She had no idea how to react. “You… do?” Her mind was confused but her body seemed to know what to do. She took two steps forward, so now she was standing really close to Taeyeon.

Taeyeon’s eyes never left Tiffany’s for the whole moment. They kept quietly watching each other. Tiffany had absolutely no idea what to do. Her mind went blank and her body refused to do anything.

Taeyeon slowly gulped and then her left hand found Tiffany’s right hand. At first just their fingers touched. Seeing Tiffany didn’t pull away, Taeyeon gently took the piece of paper and let it fall on the floor, before she took Tiffany’s hand into hers. Tiffany broke the eye contact and looked at their intertwined fingers. Taeyeon felt really nervous as she kept staring into Tiffany’s flawless face. Then Tiffany looked back into Taeyeon’s eyes.

The shorter girl opened , but no words came out for a several seconds. Then finally she spoke up. “I like you, Tiffany,” she repeated and her free hand slowly touched Tiffany’s cheek. Tiffany had her eyes wide opened. Taeyeon examined her face and lip her lower lip. Tiffany looked so… vulnerable. And confused and also kind of scared or at least startled. Taeyeon let go of her hand and sneaked it on Tiffany’s shoulder. She caressed her cheek before she slid the hand on the back of her neck and hugged her. “I like you,” she whispered into her ear once again as she held her tight and nestled her chin on Tiffany’s shoulder.

Tiffany was so out of her mind she couldn’t even move. Taeyeon felt how stiff the other girl was, so she rubbed her back a bit. “Don’t worry, Fany-yah…” she whispered. “You don’t have to worry.”

She felt Tiffany slowly loosened up. After a few seconds she even felt the other girl hugging her back. Taeyeon grinned like a love-struck idiot and tightened her grip around Tiffany’s neck. Then she slowly let go of her. When they looked into each other’s eyes again, Tiffany started to awkwardly chuckle and Taeyeon found it incredibly adorable. She kept smiling widely and chuckled a bit too.

So…” Taeyeon started. The atmosphere was a bit awkward but… nice at the same time. “See you… later?” she grinned and went backwards towards the door. She didn’t want to break the eye contact.

Taeyeon, watch out!” Tiffany warned, but too late. Taeyeon’s back already hit the chair and she fell down on her . “Are you okay?” Tiffany asked, worried, and immediately rushed to Taeyeon.

Yeah, I’m fine, don’t worry, I’m used to it,” Taeyeon laughed and took Tiffany’s offered hand and stood up. “Thanks,” she smiled warmly before she left the kitchen, this time not backwards.

Tiffany took a deep breath and then let out a long sigh. This… why is this driving her so crazy?

 

 

 

Taeyeon closed herself in the room, lied on the bed and buried her face into a pillow. She totally just confessed. And she felt shy and awkward, but also happy and satisfied. She just hoped Tiffany would give her some time alone, so she could somehow get back to her cool herself. She grinned into a pillow and cringed as she recalled the situation a few moments ago. Too bad she didn’t remember the kiss from the hospital. She thought about it too. She just saw it from Tiffany’s perspective, so she was curious to death what she felt. But she didn’t remember that moment at all...

 

 

 

Tiffany was slightly shivering as she poured herself some water. She felt hot, but cold at the same time. Her skin was burning. Tiffany was genuinely startled. She couldn’t understand her body and she absolutely couldn’t understand her feelings. Feelings... since when she has so many feelings? Why Taeyeon changed her so much? Tiffany took the drawing and went to the bathroom and looked at herself in the mirror. She looked... different. Her skin wasn’t as pale as it used to be, her face was softer, she looked more like a human now. She was still incredibly beautiful, but now, she didn’t seem so unreachable anymore. She was aware of the fact that she’s beautiful, every vampire naturally was, but now... she smiled. Just slightly at first, but then it grew wider. She was happy...

 

 

 

Another attack?” Siwon asked, frowning, looking at Seohyun. The girl just nodded. She just informed her boss about another person with a cut throat that was brought to their hospital’s mortuary earlier that day. He gritted his teeth. “Who is invading our territory… Our clan is the only clan left in this area… And not in this area only, but on this continent only!” he barked.

Then another person entered the room. It was Jaejoong.

Siwon, Minho is torturing some girl, apparently that fox girl’s friend. I think you should stop him or at least check on him, he’s having too much fun, he will probably kill her,” he informed.

Aish, Choi Minho…” Siwon mumbled harshly and followed Jaejoong out, leaving Seohyun alone in his office.

Seohyun couldn’t believe how lucky she actually got. Siwon just left her alone in his office. Where his safe was. Where those researches Taeyeon wanted were. And Seohyun actually knew the combination. Siwon’s safe was not hidden at all. Siwon was so sure that the safe is safe, that he didn’t bother to keep it secret. Seohyun just walked to it and without a slightest hesitation, she pressed the right buttons. It surprised her, how sure she was of this. A month ago, she wouldn’t even think about breaking rules and now she’s here, breaking in Siwon’s safe. And another thing surprised her soon. The combination was wrong. She tried again. Somebody… well, somebody… Siwon must have changed it.

Seohyun panicked a bit. She had no idea what could the new combination be. She hoped maybe Siwon hid the researches on some different place. She opened the drawer in his desk and grabbed a pen to take off the fake bottom. She knew Siwon used this trick. To her dissatisfaction, the drawer was empty. She checked other drawers, but they had no fake bottoms.

Seohyun sighed and looked around the room. Then a framed picture on the wall caught her attention. How long has it been there? she thought and went to take it off. To her surprise there was another safe behind it and the number of spider webs told her nobody had opened this in a really long time. She frowned. Pretty smart move. People would focus on the main one and wouldn’t look for this smaller one. Seohyun tried the old combination she knew, not really hoping it would work. But then… CLICK! The safe opened.

Seohyun opened it. It was almost empty except for two old shabby diaries. She took them out and opened them. They were filled with some… pictograms. She frowned, wondering what it could possibly be. She decided to take it with her anyways. Maybe it might be something, no time for examining it now…

 

 

 

A beautiful blonde girl was crying while sitting on the pavement. She was completely alone on the street, except for the dead guy with a bleeding neck next to her. She had lost control again and ripper his throat. She looked at her dirty hands, completely covered in the red liquid. She was too scared to look on her face. She was sure it was even worse than her hands. She let out a loud cry and then took a deep breath. She had always been a really strong person... She knew she can overcome whatever was happening to her for the past few weeks. But fighting with yourself is so hard...

After a while she stopped crying. She wiped her tears and looked at the dead body, completely disgusted with herself. She’s a murderer! And a crazy one! She probably belongs to the mental hospital. She’s a freaking psychopath! But... what if she's not? What if she really is a vampire? That’s what her best friend and girlfriend say. But these two care about her, they are delusional, they would rather think she’s a vampire than a crazy psycho, which is, let’s face it, much more probable. Kim Hyoyeon closed her eyes not to cry again.

Suddenly a well known voice echoed. It startled her, she was a nervous wreck and it took her a while to tell whose voice she just heard.

Hyoyeon-ah!”

Hyoyeon didn't answer even when the two girls approached her and Nicole patted her shoulder and Sooyoung sat next to her. She was too petrified to move.

Are you okay?” Nicole asked.

Obviously, not so much, stupid Cole,” Sooyoung mumbled and tried to calm Hyoyeon down by her hair.

Hyoyeon slowly opened . “I... I killed another person. I tried to control myself like I did last time but I couldn't stop drinking his blood and then he just... died,” Hyoyeon said, her voice shaking and cracking. “And... you know what’s the worst thing?” she asked then.

Sooyoung and Nicole just shook their heads, not answering aloud.

Hyoyeon sighed. “The worst thing is that I like it. When I drink human blood... I can’t stop because I don’t want to. Of course I hate doing this, but... when I do it I... think differently. Like an animal. And I... wanna kill more...”

We don’t judge you, Hyoyeonnie, we understand it’s not something you could simply made stop, control or change about yourself,” Nicole explained.

Hyoyeon smiled a little. “How can you handle that? You still believe I’m a vampire?”

Yes, because you really are one and there are more of you in Seoul. But there’s also another reason. We love you,” Sooyoung just said.

How can you be so sure?” Hyoyeon asked and Nicole looked at Sooyoung with her eyebrows up as well. Sooyoung mysteriously smiled.

Let's just say my date was beyond successful,” she grinned. “I’ll tell you later. Now we have a more serious problem. What are we going to do with him?” she asked and kicked the dead man’s foot.

First, what you did just now was very insensitive,” Hyoyeon said referring to the kick. “And secondly... excuse me, but ‘we’? I don’t want you to get involved in a murder!”

Too late,” Nicole shrugged and Sooyoung nodded.

Yup, too late, we are already very involved. So... where are we going to bury this poor guy?”

 

 

A/N: Mwahahah, I don't have much to say, but guess what! Even more TaeNy waiting for you! :)))

Thank you for the comments! Love you! :)