Ch.35 - Fight

Prey

“This is so exciting,” Taeyeon whispered into Tiffany’s ear. She got to hold a short sword. She got to be in a real action. Though the Chinese slayers asked them to stay in the very back. How boring. But they’ll get to see the big fight.

“Agree,” Yoona said.

“Krystal would love this,” Jessica told Yuri.

“Shht,” Chen uttered. He was holding a bunch of shurikens in his left hand and one in his right hand and he actually looked quite dangerous.

The Chinese were so well equipped. To everybody’s surprise, they were using Japanese weapons. Fei had her katana, Kris had his weird gun, Amber had her awesome bow, Victoria had two short swords tantos, Jia had a katana similar to Fei’s and Tao had a niganata.

“Aren’t you afraid something will happen to the camp? You left it unguarded,” Tiffany whispered quietly to Amber in English.

Amber shook her head. “We’re not. And even if something happened, there’s nothing we can’t lose. We have all important things here. And… I think we are here.” Amber asked Fei something in Chinese. “Yes, we are,” she said really quietly to everybody.

Fei said something in Chinese once again.

“Stay in the back, we’re near,” Chen translated into Korean.

“I’m not staying behind,” Jiyong said.

“Oppa, don’t be silly,” Yoona told him. “You know what… happened… last time.”

“Yes, I do. That’s why I want to be at the front. I… owe you,” he said looking at first at Yoona and then at Yuri.

“Okay, but… be careful, okay?” Yuri said and he nodded rushing to the front right next to Fei who looked at him, confused. He just firmly nodded, lifting his sword, showing her, his ready to fight. Fei gave him a slight smile before nodding too.

They arrived to the right place. A little camp was in front of their eyes. And five silhouettes on the other side of it.

“They’re here, all of them,” Chen said in Korean and then repeated the same thing in Chinese.

The Bear vampires noticed them immediately. They pulled out their own swords and obviously they assumed the best defense was a good offence.  They obviously knew what to expect, so they quite quickly started to approach them, looking like they wouldn’t think twice before cutting all of their heads off.

“Uh-uh, it’s here,” Chen mumbled to himself and threw one of the shurikens right on the biggest vampire. The shuriken set on fire in the air and stabbed the vampire in his chest. The fire disappeared as quickly as it appeared and the vampire didn’t even seem to be bothered by it. “Oops,” Chen whispered.

Kris noticed and shot thrice out of his gun. He didn’t miss a single shot. But the vampire didn’t react at all once again.

“What the-?” Amber cursed in English before taking on of the arrows and aiming for the vampire’s heart. Her shot was perfect. Not that the vampire cared.

“He’s one of those!” Amber yelled.

They exchanged a few Chinese words, before Chen explained in a hurry. “He can’t be killed the usual ways. If we want to kill him, we have to burn him to ash and bury him.”

“Burn him? How? It’s obviously not working on him at all!” Yuri said, really worried.

“We need to immobilize him. We have to cut out his heart or cut of his head. That should do the job,” Jessica said as she hurried to help Jia with one of the three regular bear vampires.

“How do you know?” Yuri yelled while getting involved with the other vampire along with Victoria and Tao.

“Own experience!” Jessica answered.

“Oh, really? You gotta tell me about this late-“

“Stop it!” Kris groaned in frustration while shooting one bullet after another to the enormous vampire’s chest, trying to at least slow him down a bit. “Solve your personal issues once we’re done here!” he said in English.

“Sorry!” Jessica apologized loudly in the same language and immersed herself fully into the battle.

They outnumbered the bear vampires by more than a double, but the fight wasn’t easy at all.

The bears barely reacted to their precisely aimed hits, shots or stabs.

Fei something ordered in Chinese and at a second, she, Jia, Kris and Tao immediately surrounded the biggest vampire and tried to fight him. The vampire really looked more like a bear than a person. His hands were so huge he just used his fist to hit Jia’s head and the poor girl immediately fell on the ground, unconscious, blood running down out of her nose.

“This looks really bad,” Taeyeon commented. She was trying to stay behind, because she was very aware of the fact she is the weakest link of a chain. But she also tried to be useful.

She, Tiffany and very determined Jiyong were fighting one of the regular vampires.

Seohyun and Yuri were taking care of the other one.

Yoona, Victoria and Chen of the third one.

Finally Amber and Jessica went after the shortest one. He wasn’t as strong as the others, he looked the most human-like, but he sure knew how to use that sword he was holding in his hands.

“Don’t burn him,” Jessica told Amber. “We need to capture him alive.”

“What? Why?” Amber wondered, confused as she shoot a normal arrow, while Jessica was crossing swords with him.

“Just don’t burn him, okay?”

“Okay. Sure, no problem.”

Suddenly, the shortie pushed Jessica away and started to run.

“Okay, it could be a problem,” Amber said, aimed for his leg and shot a normal arrow right into his… Achilles’ heel.

“Call me Paris!” Amber shrieked, excited about her nice shot. The little vampire immediately fell on the ground which was weird because he didn’t seem to be affected be the previous.

Amber and Jessica looked at each other, really confused.

“Don’t tell me…?” Amber said.

“What?” Jessica questioned while they both quickly went to the small vampire.

“They used the old Greek technique on him. The same one as Achilles’ mother used. Of course he is not immortal, but he doesn’t feel pain from other parts of his body!”

“What the heck? Such a thing is possible? And are they stupid or what? Don’t they know they need to bath the entire body in it? Didn’t they learn anything from the legend?”

“You’re thinking too much,” Amber just said, taking the guy’s sword as he dropped it when he fell on the ground.

He started to yell and scream. He was trying to defend himself, but he was bleeding from his heel, so he couldn’t stand up properly.

His companions noticed.  Luckily to Jessica and Amber, the other slayers plus Taeyeon, Tiffany and Seohyun, were doing great job keeping them busy.

Fei something yelled in Chinese.

Jessica gave Amber a questioning look and she sat on the small vampire’s stomach and holding his wrists.

“She told me to get him and then carry him away.”

“How do we make him stop defend himself and… yelling this much?!” Jessica had to raise her voice, because the young vampire kept screaming and trying to fight.

“Easily,” Amber said, grabbed the nearest bigger stone she saw and hit the poor guy’s head hard. He immediately lost his consciousness.

“Hey! You could have killed him!” Jessica said.

“But I didn’t, so… whatever, let’s take him away. To the camp? Why do you need him alive again?”

“Yes, to the camp. I’ll explain on our way.”

 

 

“One down, 4 remain,” Taeyeon said to Tiffany as they were fighting together with Jiyong against one of the vampires.

“Yes, but we are also two people short, at least for some time, plus Jia seems unconscious,” Tiffany answered and attacked the bear vampire from the side. She hit his waist and at the same time, Jiyong attacked from the other side. The vampire was trapped for a second. He swung his sword and hit Jiyong hard. Jiyong fell on the ground, clutching onto his hip. It was bleeding quite a lot. Taeyeon saw an opportunity. She used all of her strength to stab him right in the middle of his chest. The sword went through as if his body was butter.

“Holy crap!” Taeyeon yelled, surprised by her own actions and strength.

The vampire wasn’t dead yet, Taeyeon missed the heart. But she immobilized him for quite a long time. Tiffany looked at her short dagger and then at Jiyong, who was still on the ground, bleeding.

“Do you think I could…?” she asked, pointing at his sword.

He just nodded. “Sure thingy,” he smirked tiredly and gave Tiffany his sword. Tiffany didn’t hesitate for a second and cut the vampire’s head off. Another vampire down, three remain.

“Taeyeon, take care of him, okay?” Tiffany told Taeyeon. Jiyong was really pale and sweaty, he looked like he was about to faint. Taeyeon was trying to talk to him and keep him awake.

Then Amber returned. “Jessica stayed with the little brat, Amber’s back!” she announced in English and she began to shoot her burning arrows quite randomly.

“Hey! Stop messing around!” Kris yelled back.

A triumphal shriek echoed between the trees. It was Yoona’s. She, Chen and Victoria just managed to take down another one. But it seemed like it cost them some severe injuries, especially to Victoria, whose clothes was soaking with blood. Taeyeon was watching her and she just grabbed her left arm and… put her shoulder back into the right place. Apparently, she dislocated it. Taeyeon highly disliked the sight. Which was quite funny, considering she just stabbed big fat smelly vampire’s chest and that didn’t disturb her.

Fei told Victoria something in Chinese and Victoria ran away, heading towards the camp. Probably.

Only a minute or two later, Jessica appeared on the battlefield, ready to fight.

“Sica! You’re back?!” Yuri yelled, surprised.

“Yeah, the Victoria chick somehow managed to tell me in broken English that she would take care of the little vampire. She was injured, while I’m not so… I guess I’m more useful here,” Jessica smirked, quickly joining Yuri in fight against one of the two remaining vampires. They were winning. Yes. They indeed were going to win this freakin fight!

Then Taeyeon looked at Jia, who was still on the ground, unconscious, and not at the best place. Fei, Kris and Tao were still fighting with the biggest vampire nearby. And Amber was shooting the stupid arrows.

“Can you wait for a minute?” Taeyeon asked Jiyong. He weakly nodded.

Taeyeon quickly ran to Jia, picked up her body and ran back to Jiyong, but then-

“AH!” she shrieked. Somehow the big vampire managed to push Kris and he fell right on Taeyeon, who lost balance, dropped Jia and fell on the ground. She hit her head hard and at the top of that, Kris fell right on her chest, knocking her head with his elbow. That definitely did hurt. She felt something wet and warm on her face. Blood. She was bleeding. Suddenly everything became blurred. She saw some weird black spots that she realized were only in her head. She knew she was about to faint. She heard some weird whistling sound in her head. 

“Crap, Taeyeon!” she heard Tiffany scream, before she lost her consciousness…

 

 

A/N: Soo, here's the last but one chapter. It's quite short, I know. Look forward to the last one. Hahaha. I'm not saying anything that could spoil the story. :)

So just... thanks for reading and thanks for the comments!