Ch.28 - Breaking Point

Prey

“That’s it,” Tiffany whispered quietly. She sounded and she was really very anxious.

Jiyong gulped and started to inhale and exhale very loudly.

“Coward,” Krystal mumbled as she noticed.

Jiyong just scoffed. But his face was pale.

“Pull yourself together, Jiyong,” BoA ordered as she slowly started to enter the building. “Or you wanna wait outside?”

Jiyong just looked around. “What? No!” He quickly followed her inside and so did the rest of the crowd.

They were trying to be as quiet as possible, but it was impossible not to get overheard by a vampire. Especially with shaking Jiyong.

When BoA entered the room, followed by Tiffany, Minho was already waiting for them and held Hyoyeon up, his dagger on her neck. Jessica and Yuri entered the room as well. The rest remained outside.

“Taeyeon!” Tiffany immediately whispered as she saw her on the ground, dirty and hurt. She wanted to go to her, but Minho’s voice stop her.

“I wouldn’t do that!” he warned and pressed his dagger against Hyoyeon’s neck. Tiffany immediately took two steps back.

Tiffany looked at Taeyeon, worries in her eyes. Taeyeon looked at her as well and their eyes met. Their minds connected once again. Taeyeon felt Tiffany’s worries. She just slightly shook her head, trying to tell her not to worry. And Tiffany knew. Taeyeon had a plan. She just hoped it was a good plan. She tried to connect their minds completely, but it wasn’t possible in such a stressful situation. But then… Keep him distracted.

“What exactly are you trying to do, Minho?” Tiffany asked, trying to do what Taeyeon asked her to do. “Why?”

“Just… reasons,” he answered, smirking. “Don’t you wanna leave?” he said. “And get Siwon hyung here.”

“You want something from him? What?” Tiffany kept asking, trying hard not to look at Taeyeon. In the corner of her eyes she could see Taeyeon somehow freed herself from the rope. She also could see something shiny in her hands, she wasn’t sure what it was, but she didn’t dare to look, because Minho might have looked that direction too.

“It’s actually none of your business, so what if you just left?”

“No way, until you let these two go!” Yuri said, looking at Taeyeon and Hyoyeon.

At that moment, Minho looked Taeyeon’s direction too. Taeyeon was ready, she jumped on Minho and used her not hidden anymore dagger to stab his hand.  She aimed surprisingly well and managed to stab his wrist before he could do anything. She fell on the ground next to him and hit her elbow hard. He immediately dropped his own weapon and shrieked. Hyoyeon quickly took the opportunity to get out of his grip and run. BoA didn’t hesitate and quickly ran her long sword through Minho’s stomach. He hissed and leaned against the table to support himself. The small bottle on the table fell on the side and painfully slowly rolled off the table. They all watched in horror as it fell on the ground and crashed into zillion pieces, the mysterious red liquid spilled on the floor.

“NO!” a few voices yelled at the same time.

Taeyeon quickly touched her pocket to check if the other flacon was still fine. Seemed like it. There was no liquid running down her leg, so it should be okay. She thanked god in her head, maybe her bad luck is slowly leaving her. She quickly went back to Hyoyeon and started to untie the ropes that were around her hands.

Minho was on his knees, coughing, trying to get the sword out of his body. But it was too late for him.

“Don’t look kids, this is gonna be ugly,” BoA said as she took the sword out in a one swift moment and in another swift moment she cut off Minho’s head to end his suffering quickly.

“Ewww!” Taeyeon and Hyoyeon shrieked, covering their eyes, while Yuri and Jessica just looked away. They ended up staring at each other. Brief smiles crossed their faces, before they got serious again. Tiffany didn’t even move, but her expression darkened. After all, she used to cooperate with Minho in the past. On the other hand, he tried to hurt Taeyeon, so she didn’t feel sorry at all.

“I think… we are done here…” BoA said in disbelief.

“Really??!!” two voices asked. Once was full of hope, the other one was kind of disappointed.

 The first one was Jiyong, obviously, he was really glad this was over. The other one was Krystal, who was already peeking into the room, curious.

“Soojung! What’s up with the sad face!” Jessica scolded her.

Yuri just chuckled, relieved.

“Taeyeon-ah!”  Tiffany whispered as she fell on her knees next to her girlfriend. “Are you okay?” she asked, worries obvious in her expression and voice.

“Yes, I am, don’t worry,” Taeyeon smiled.

“Omo!” Tiffany grabbed Taeyeon’s cut wrist and wiped the blood away with her sleeve. The blood smelled really nice, but she didn’t feel very tempted. Maybe it was because her head was filled with other stuff than blood lust.

“It doesn’t even hurt,” Taeyeon said. She lied though, it hurt and not a little.

“Thank god you’re alive,” Tiffany spontaneously hugged her tight, before she realized they were not alone and let go of her a few seconds later.

“And you too of course,” she said then, looking at Hyoyeon.

Yuri vigorously went to them, her expression unreadable. “Kim. Idiot. Tae. Idiot. Yeon!” She lightly slapped the back of the poor girl’s head with every word.

“Ouch!” Taeyeon whined, though it didn’t hurt at all.

“Are. You. Completely. Stupid?” Yuri repeated her actions, but this time obviously fighting hard her smile.

“Can you stop hitting her head?” Tiffany said, as she couldn’t not notice.

“No I can’t,” Yuri said, glancing at her. “Maybe this will make that thing in her head called brain work!” she said and added one more slight slap, looking at Taeyeon again. “Do you have any idea how worried we were?!”

“I’m sorry!” Taeyeon whined. “Really! But he was saying he would hurt Hyo!”

“You’re such a pabo, really,” Yuri whispered. “We would take care of it.”

“I know now…” Taeyeon mumbled embarrassed. “I’m sorry, this is my fault,” she said completely down as she pointed at the dark liquid that was slowly soaking into the wooden floor. “Sorry, didn’t know what to do…”

“The other one is safe?” BoA asked.

“Yes,” Taeyeon slightly smiled. At least something she didn’t mess up. She took the little bottle from her pocket and gave it to BoA.

“Good… Seriously… Yuri… Take it,” BoA ordered and gave the flacon to the taller girl.

Yuri nodded and hid the cure in her sheath.

“So you are both okay, right?” BoA asked looking at Taeyeon and Hyoyeon.

“Yeah,” Hyoyeon said and Taeyeon nodded, holding her slightly bleeding wrist.

“Can’t we just go already?!” a whiny voice echoed. Jiyong, duh.

“We’re going, we’re going!” BoA uttered and they all walked out of the old house.

 

 

 

The forest was completely quiet, only their steps could be heard. It was freaky but nice at the same time. Taeyeon and Tiffany walked next to each other, holding hands. Taeyeon had a piece of fabric wrapped around her wrist as Tiffany tore a part of her sleeve to tie it. They were feeling well and comfortable, so their minds naturally connected. They ended up simply enjoying the moment.

Seohyun and Yoona were behind them walking next to each other too. Yoona was enviously staring at Taeyeon’s and Tiffany’s connected hands. Suddenly she felt the back of her hand brush against Seohyun’s. Seohyun didn’t seem to notice or mind, so Yoona gently touched Seohyun’s hand with her fingers. She peeked at her face and noticing Seohyun smiled a bit, she slipped her hand into Seohyun’s. Yoona couldn’t help but smile widely.

BoA, Yuri and Jessica were walking at the front, holding their swords high, looking all badass. These three were the only ones who remained careful. BoA felt like they need to stay observant, so she asked Yuri and Jessica to keep an eye on their surroundings.

Everything seemed peaceful. To Jiyong’s pleasure and Krystal’s displeasure. Jiyong was still feeling anxious, but not as much as before. He was a total coward. On the other hand Krystal expected action and she wasn’t getting any and that was kind of making her upset. She was really into dangerous stuff.

“You heard that?!” she suddenly whispered, breaking the silence. Jiyong froze at the spot.

“No,” Yoona said.

“Nope, nothing,” Yuri added.

“You’re being paranoid, Soojung,” Jessica said.

“I heard it too!” Jiyong said, his voice shaking.

“You are the king of being paranoid here, Jiyong, you don’t count,” BoA said, frowning. Even though she herself didn’t hear anything, she would never take this lightly especially in a forest full of god knows what.

“Uhm, there is somebody there,” Hyoyeon said quietly looking between the trees.

They all looked at her and then the direction she was staring at. They all saw it. A movement. A person. Wait, no. Not just one. Two… three…

They all looked around and realized the ugly truth…. They were surrounded.

“We’re in trouble,” Yoona whispered, letting go of Seohyun’s hand and taking out her sword. Seohyun did the same, but more confidently. After all, she had some experience already. BoA, Yuri and Jessica already had their swords in their hands, so they just held it higher. Jiyong, completely shaking, slowly took out his huge and heavy two handed sword as well. He looked like he’s about to faint. Or throw up. Or both.

“Here you go, take these,” Tiffany said as she took out two daggers and handed them to Taeyeon and Hyoyeon. The daggers that Taeyeon stole from the Kwons’ earlier, Tiffany took them. “Try to stay as much away as you can, but be careful and… just in case.” Tiffany then touched Taeyeon’s cheek. “Be careful, okay?” Taeyeon just nodded, determined. Tiffany took out her own crooked dagger and got ready as well. Her eyes suddenly lost all feelings and Taeyeon lost the grip of Tiffany’s mind. She suddenly seemed so cold and distant, it really reminded Taeyeon of their first meeting. She gulped as she remembered Tiffany’s past. She already forgot about it, but suddenly she realized forgetting it was a mistake, because Tiffany’s past was a part of her and it will never be completely gone. You can’t erase your past. But this was no time to think about this, they were in trouble.

“Don’t hide, come and get us!” BoA yelled, unafraid.

Soon in total six huge men appeared in front of them.

“The bears,” Jessica mumbled and Yuri nodded.

“Oh my god,” Jiyong whined.

“Six… We should be able to do this, there is ten of us and eight of us should stand a chance against them, even though two of us are not completely healthy,” BoA said, reminding Yoona of her recent appendix surgery and Jessica about her barely healed leg. “Well… should, but not sure if one of us would,” she added, looking at Jiyong.

“I-I can do it,” he said. He himself didn’t believe that, just like everybody else.

“Who are you and what do you want here?” BoA asked loudly, looking at the men. They must have heard her, but they either chose to ignore her or they didn’t understand. They just slowly kept coming closer.

“Kids, get ready, things might get ugly,” she added then.

“Shouldn’t we tell them to run?” Yoona asked, looking at Hyoyeon and Taeyeon.

“No,” BoA immediately said, her eyes not leaving the guys. “There might be more of them in this forest, it’s better for them to stay here with us even though… it’s dangerous too.”

“Yeah, that’s true,” Yuri agreed.

“Okay, so… let’s slay them?” Krystal suggested. “It’s taking them forever to attack us, they seem to be really slow, can’t be hard to defeat them.”

“Calm down, Soojung, remember what just one of them did to my leg?” Jessica reminded.

Krystal’s eyes widened a bit as she finally realized this might really be ugly and not just exciting or fun. She held her short sword more tightly.

“Stay at the back, okay, I don’t want you to get hurt,” Jessica told Krystal, who just shook her head.

“I may be inexperienced but I’m not letting you fight alone,” she said determined.

“Learn from her, Jiyong,” BoA said. “And yeah, like Krystal said… let’s slay them!” she yelled as the bear vampires finally reached them with their heavy swords and she attacked the one that was nearest to her.

Yuri and Jessica didn’t stay behind and attacked another one. Krystal and Yoona went after the third one. Tiffany tried to run around and attack another one from the side. Seohyun tried to get busy fifth one. The sixth one went after Jiyong, who didn’t seem to be able to do something. Yuri noticed. She glanced at Jessica and seeing she could manage at least for a while, she quickly ran to Jiyong to protect him.

“Do. Something!” she yelled at him as she attacked the last vampire.

Soon a big fight began.

BoA was doing exceptionally well, it didn’t take her long to run her long sword through one of the vampires chest. He soon fell on the ground dead.

Others were having minor or major problems. Tiffany was the one with minor problems. She was resisting the big fat vampire’s attacks well and she even managed to hit him a few times though with her short dagger, it wasn’t easy. At least she kept him distracted while the others were busy too.

Jessica was doing okay too. She got a few scratches, since with her hurt leg, she wasn’t as quick as she needed to be. But even injured, she was doing well. So was Yuri, she actually saved Jiyong’s . She kind of snapped out of his trance and started attacking a bit, but he was really clumsy and he wasn’t really helpful. But he tried and he should get some credit for that.

Krystal and Yoona were the ones with major problems. They were both very determined and fought with enthusiasm, but they were too inexperienced and their moves were sloppy, a bit slow and not accurate enough. But they were two and he was just one, so that made the both sides pretty equal.

Seohyun was having little problems too, but she was managing. She had a scratch or two, but that was nothing next to the scratches the smelly vampire had.

Taeyeon and Hyoyeon were doing as they were told – waiting aside, just watching the mess.

“Aishh, I hate this, we should help them!” Taeyeon complained.

“No! We would only cause more troubles!” Hyoyeon said, stopping her with a logical note.

“Aishh!!!!” Taeyeon just repeated, upset. Her eyes were fixed on Tiffany. She knew Tiffany was strong and fast, but she could barely believe this was her cute and shy Tiffany with the beautiful eyesmile. This Tiffany was reaaallyyyy scary. And y too. She finally managed to stab the vampire in the right way and kill him.

“AAAAHHH!!” A high pitched shriek cut the cold air of the forest.

Krystal fell on the ground, her shirt getting soaked with blood.

“Oh my gosh!” Yoona yelled. She turned around, wanting to check how much was the youngest girl hurt, but she couldn’t stop fighting the vampire.

“Krystal!” Jessica shrieked, terrified, but she also wasn’t able to check on her.

“Are you hurt much?!” Taeyeon and Hyoyeon. The two girls rushed towards Krystal and quickly helped her to get further from the fight. Hyoyeon lifted Krystal’s shirt. She had quite a big wound on her side, but it didn’t seem to be deep.

“It’s not that serious, it’s just bleeding a lot…” Hyoyeon mumbled and Taeyeon took off Krystal’s vest and pressed it against the wound hoping to slow down the bleeding.

Krystal cried in pain. “It hurts,” she whined.

“We know,” Taeyeon whispered. “But don’t worry, you’re gonna be in a hospital soon.”

Krystal just nodded, her breathing irregular, her eyes closed.

“You have to stay conscious, okay?” Hyoyeon said, slightly slapping Krystal’s cheek.

Krystal nodded again. “I will,” she said quietly.

“Good…”

Taeyeon looked at the battle. They were almost done, Jessica just managed to kill another vampire, so that meant the last three big smelly vampires alive.

Jessica, seeing Tiffany, Seohyun, BoA, Yuri and Yoona were doing okay, rushed to Krystal.

“Is it bad?” she immediately asked, wiping her sister’s sweaty forehead.

“It could get bad if we won’t get her to the hospital asap,” Hyoyeon said.

BoA overheard that. “Seohyun-sshi! You’re a doctor, please take a look at Krystal,” she ordered and Seohyun, making sure nobody is having trouble first, went to the hurt girl.

“Will she be okay?” Jessica immediately asked.

Seohyun carefully checked the wound and after a few second, she nodded. “It needs hospital though… Keep it covered so the dirt wouldn’t get inside. It could also slow down the bleeding at least a bit though the wound is too big, damn it…”

“Aahhh!!” Yoona’s scream echoed between the trees.

Everybody who could, looked her direction. That means everybody except for Yuri and Tiffany who were too busy fighting with one exceptionally big bear vampire.

Jiyong was basically just standing right next to Yoona, who dropped her sword and fell on her . Her eyes widened, she was staring at the huge vampire that was about to kill her.

“Jiyong!!! Jiyong! Do something!” BoA yelled. She herself was busy with the third vampire.

“Oppa!!” Yuri shrieked as well.

Seohyun’s eyes widened and she immediately ran towards Yoona, seeing Jiyong wasn’t able to move. But then he moved and he… ran the opposite direction.

 “Damn, Jiyong!” BoA cussed and not really caring about the vampire she was fighting and ran towards Yoona as well. Seohyun was almost there, but BoA was closer.

At that moment Yuri and Tiffany finally managed to defeat the vampire they were fighting with. They turned around and what they saw completely shocked them. They saw everything in a slow motion. Yoona trying to stand up, Seohyun and BoA running towards her, two smelly vampires getting closer. And then… three bodies fell on the ground…

 

 

A/N: I'm baaack ^^

Hope you don't mind I will be slowing down the updates a bit :/// With my senior year starting, I got a bit busy, I think you all understand the fact that I would like to graduate :D

But don't worry, I won't stop writing this fic :) In fact, I'm actually done with the 29th chapter already and.... I guess it will be over in 5 chapters max :)

Thank you all for your lovely comments & thanks for reading! ♥