Ch.10 - Drunk

Prey

“Who’s that pretty girl over there and why is she staring at you? Is she your girlfriend?,” Sunny grinned at Yuri and pointed at a tall girl, sitting in the very back of the cafe.

Yuri frowned. “Aish, she’s here again? She’s totally not my girlfriend!”

Sunny smirked. “Okay, good for me… good for me.” Yuri looked at her, frowning.  Sunny noticed. “What? She’s totally beautiful!”

“She’s totally odd. Don’t you dare to talk to her, Sunny,” Yuri warned.

Sunny shrugged. “Sorry, but I at least have to take her order.”

Yuri pouted a bit, but Sunny already left.

“Good morning, Miss, may I take your order?” she asked with a smile.

Sooyoung smiled at her too. “Sure, I would like… four donuts. And a cup of hot chocolate.”

Sunny chuckled as she wrote it down. “Sweet morning, huh? Are you going to eat it all by yourself?”

“Yes, I am… you know, my every morning is sweet.” Sooyoung examined the waitress and analyzed her behavior.

Sunny bowed and went to take other orders. Sooyoung noticed, she wasn’t as… well, awkwardly flirty, with other customers. That short waitress… a friend of Yuri obviously… she might know… Sooyoung smirked a bit.

When Sunny returned with the order, Sooyoung put on her best smile. “Thank you, sunshine, you just brightened up my day,” she said sweetly. In her mind she saw a huge “awkward” written in red letters though.

“Really?” Sunny chuckled.

“These donuts being so tasty, you being so pretty… This day will be nice, I can feel it,” Sooyoung smiled and took a sip of the hot chocolate.

Sunny smiled too and bowed. “Just call me when you need something,” she said, happy and walked away.

Sooyoung ate the donuts in a few minutes, her eyes still fixed on the short waitress. Then she looked at Yuri. Yuri seemed… unimpressed. But she didn’t say anything; she just helped Sunny with the costumers. After like fifteen minutes, Sunny again stopped by at Sooyoung’s table.

“You must have been really hungry,” she chuckled. “What more can I do for you?”

Sooyoung let out a giggle. “Well, I wasn’t, I just eat a lot. Mhm… may I know your name?” she asked.

“It’s… Sunny,” the waitress answered with a shy smile.

“Sunny, what a bright name, just like you,” Sooyoung smiled. “I’m Sooyoung by the way. And… mhm… this is quite awkward, but… are you free tonight?” she asked, sweetly.

Sunny’s mouth opened a bit. “Are you asking that for real?”

Sooyoung nodded. “You really caught my eye you know? But if you mind-“

“NO!” Sunny shrieked.

“So?” Sooyoung raised her eyebrows.

“I-“

“Sunkyu!!!” Sunny tuned around at the sound of her real name. Her eyes widened as a beautiful girl hugged her tightly. Sooyoung looked pretty surprised as well.

“Oh my god, what are you doing here?” Sunny asked, absolutely caught off guard.

The girl just kept flashing her bright smiles. “I came back, are you happy? Where’s Taeyeon? I missed her so much!”

“Well… Taeyeon… She… Why the hell are you back, Sunye?”

 

 

“You’re not really happy to see me, huh?” Sunye asked as she and Sunny sat down with a cup of coffee. Sunny was kind of grumpy. Sunye hadn’t let her answer that beautiful girl’s question. At least Yuri was so kind to allow Sunny to take a break.

“Sorry, Sunye,” Sunny shrugged. “But I already erased you from my life. And so did Taeyeon by the way.”

Sunye frowned a bit. “I’m sorry, Sunkyu, I know I did a mistake. That’s why I came back. To make it up to you. You and Taengoo,” she said and sipped her coffee. They remained quiet for a while. “Where… is she?” Sunye asked then.

“Taeyeon? Out of the country,” Sunny answered immediately. She noticed Sooyoung going to the counter to pay. She wondered if she will come back again. Before Sooyoung left, she smiled at Sunny and then paid. Sunny also noticed Yuri looked somehow upset.

“No, she isn’t,” Sunye said, getting Sunny’s attention again. “She’s in Korea, I sent her a text and it cost as usual, so… she must be in the same country.”

Sunny bit her lip. “I don’t know where she is… she… we had a fight and she ran away,” she said then.

“You’re lying Sunkyu.”

“Ah, seriously, don’t call me Sunkyu,” Sunny said, rolling her eyes. “Nobody calls me like that since I left the orphanage.”

Sunye chuckled. “They call you Sunny, right? That’s how Taeyeonnie used to call you,” she smiled.

Sunny nodded, but still obviously annoyed. “Yes, Sunny.”

Sunye giggled a bit and then she turned serious. “Now, seriously, where is she… Sunny?”

Sunny shook her head. “I’m sorry.”

Sunye frowned. “You are my sister.”

 “No. Just because we got into the orphanage in the same day and they gave us similar names we are not sisters,” Sunny snorted.

“But… we used to call ourselves sisters; we used to be best friends. You, Taeyeon and me.”

“And you just left to US without even telling us in advance.”

“I’m sorry, it was a sudden decision. I know it was unfair to tell you the day before my flight.”

“Well, your sudden decision broke Taeyeon’s heart,” Sunny whispered sharply. “And you think you can just come back, after like three years, and everything will be fine and okay?”

“I…” Sunye looked away. “I’m not really proud of what I did. I know it was a mistake.”

“Why did you come back? Why? There’s no way you could meet Taeyeon. She has moved on already.”

Sunye opened to say something, but no word came out.

“Sunny, I’m sorry, but I need you.” Yuri literally appeared out of nowhere. ”We have too many customers, can’t do it on my own.”

Sunny stood up. “Sorry Sunye, but you should leave. You shouldn’t have even come back” she said and returned to work. Sunye sighed, put some money on the table and left.

“Who was that?” Yuri asked as she watched her.

Sunny just shook her head. “It was… Taeyeon’s ex-girlfriend.”

 

 

Yuri left the cafe in the early afternoon as always and went to the parking lot to get her car. She was in a deep thought. Are Taeyeon and Tiffany okay? What about that girl, Taeyeon’s ex? When is BoA coming back? Suddenly she felt a hand on her shoulder. She quickly turned around and grabbed it.

“Jessica,” she snorted out, slightly amused, as she recognized the other girl. “Long time no see you.”

Jessica smiled and withdrew her hand from Yuri’s grip. “Give me back my sword.”

“You have to beat me first, Jung,” Yuri smiled back.

“Wanna have another fight?”

“Wanna get beaten again?”

Jessica gritted her teeth. “Challenge accepted.”

Yuri laughed. “I don’t wanna fight using swords anymore… I don’t wanna hurt you,” she teased.

“Mhm, no?” Jessica asked, raising her eyebrows. “What do you suggest then?”

“I don’t know, what you don’t at?”

“Excuse me,” Jessica frowned. “I don’t know, let’s have a drinking competition. Soju.”

“What?” Yuri chuckled. “Wait, you’re serious,” she said then and her face obviously darkened.

“What, do you at it? You? The all mighty Kwon Yuri?” Jessica smirked. “We can chose something else, if you wanna.”

“Nah, drinking soju is fine,” Yuri shrugged, but looked a bit stiff. “I like to drink.”

“So… see you tonight… mhm, at your cafe?” Jessica suggested.

“Okay.”

“Should I bring a bottle or two, or you have some?”

“Sure I do,” Yuri nodded. “I’ll be here, can’t wait to beat you again,” she smiled triumphantly. Inside, she was dying already though.  She always gets drunk just by smelling the alcohol, yet drinking it… Jessica gave her one last arrogant look before she walked away. Yuri’s face immediately fell and her dark complexion turned dangerously pale. “Damn… I’m so stupid…”

 

 

“How’s your hand?” Tiffany asked. She and Taeyeon spent the whole day talking about random stuff, closed in that one room.

“I’m going to the hospital tomorrow. For a check-up,” Taeyeon said, touching her bandaged hand.

Tiffany frowned. “I understand you need to get it checked, but be careful, okay? Really really careful. Is Yuri going with you?”

“Yes, she is,” Taeyeon nodded.

“Ah, okay then,” Tiffany said, but her expression remained a bit odd.

“Are you okay? You’re acting a bit strange… What’s wrong?” Taeyeon asked.

“Oh, it’s nothing, I was just wondering, uhm…” Tiffany hesitated for a while, “…what was in that text message you got earlier? You seemed to be a bit upset about it.”

“Ah, yeah, well… it was a text from a person I thought I would never hear of again. A person that used to be very important to me.”

“Ah, really?” Tiffany asked, raising her eyebrows. She didn’t know why she was so damn curious about that person. She had this funny feeling. She… disliked the idea of Taeyeon being closed to some person. Which was weird. She didn’t mind Sunny nor Yuri and they were pretty close to Taeyeon.

“Mhm, yeah… wanna know?” Taeyeon asked.

Tiffany shifted on the bed a bit. “I would be lying if I said I wasn’t curious.”

“Mhm… well…” Taeyeon started quietly. “Her name is Sunye. She used to be Sunny’s best friend. They really were like sisters. And.... I was their friend too. During high school I started to have a crush on her. And she seemed to like me back,” Taeyeon laughed bitterly.

“I.... always thought a girl can’t love a girl,” Tiffany said.

Taeyeon sighed. “You lived in a dungeon for a little too long, didn’t you? Wait, I thought you watched Buffy, if I remember the series correctly, one of the characters later turned gay?”

Tiffany looked rather confused. “I just watched the first season, then Siwon made me stop, because I was acting too much as a human.”

“Ah, I see,” Taeyeon nodded and started to explain. “Well, two girls can be in love. But that wasn’t mine case. I... don’t think I loved Sunye. And she.... she sure liked me, but I don’t believe it was love. She.... I don’t know, she was too possessive. I felt like she wanted to own me. Back then I really cared about her, so I didn’t mind her being so... into me. But she always was really into... things. She always got really excited about new things and she simply took every opportunity. After high school she got an opportunity to study medicine in the US. Maybe she was already bored with me, so she simply left,” Taeyeon shrugged.

Tiffany looked sincerely sorry.

Taeyeon noticed and chuckled. “Don’t worry, I’m fine, it happened a long time ago.”

“Why is she back?” Tiffany asked.

Taeyeon bitterly smiled. “I told you, she thinks she owns me. I suppose she wants me back like nothing happened. I totally know her.”

“But you don't want to, right?” Tiffany reassured. For some reason she opposed Taeyeon meeting that girl again. It was the same reason why she didn’t like Sunye.

Taeyeon smiled and grabbed Tiffany’s hand. She wasn’t sure why she even did it. She just smiled and shook her head. She felt Tiffany’s uncertainty and wanted to reassure her, Sunye wasn’t important to her anymore.

“Don’t worry,” she smiled. “I don’t care about her. I admit I was hurt at first, but all of it is all forgotten a long time ago…”

 

 

Yuri impatiently waited for Jessica. It was 8PM and the café was already closed. She was nervously looking at the bottle of soju in front of her. Then a soft knocking on the glass door interrupted her deep desperate thoughts. ‘It’s here,’ she thought as she lifted her head and looked at the smiling beauty. Jessica looked stunning when smiling, Yuri had to admit that. She stood up and elegantly walked to open the door, also with a smile plastered on her face. Yuri couldn’t tell if Jessica’s smile was genuine or not, but she sure knew her was fake as never.

“Hi, Yuri,” Jessica greeted sweetly as she entered.

“Hi, Sica,” Yuri answered in not so sweet way. But she tried and even called her ‘Sica’. Jessica stared at the table as she went to it to sit down.

“Just one bottle?” she asked, obviously confused.

“Uh…” Yuri hesitated and died a bit inside. In a bad way. She thought maybe one bottle would be enough. “I… have more in the back,” she said and pointed towards the counter.

“Okay,” Jessica smiled. “Anything you want to say before we start?” she asked as she filled their glasses.

Yuri gritted her teeth and gulped at the sight of her full glass. “I’m not gonna let you win,” she said and took her glass.

Jessica just smirked. “So… cheers!”

 

 

“I wonder where Yuri is,” Taeyeon said. It was already night and Yuri was not home yet. Taeyeon was in the living room, lying on the couch and Tiffany was lying on the other side. The couch was the shape of letter L, so their heads were close to each other, but not touching. They were watching the stars through the huge window in the ceiling.

“I don’t know,” Tiffany answered after a while.

Suddenly a voice echoed, interrupting them. “Hello Taeyeon, hello Tiffany.” The voice was sweet, but firm and it didn’t belong to Yuri or Yoona.

Tiffany immediately jumped on her feet. Taeyeon wasn’t so fast so she just sat up. “BoA?” she wondered. “Doctor Seo?” she asked then, even more surprised and her eyes widened.

“Hello,” Seohyun smiled. “Hello, unnie,” she looked at Tiffany and lowered her head a bit. Tiffany looked the most surprised actually.

“Juhyun, are you insane?” she asked. “Do you want to get us killed? Us including you?”

Seohyun shook her head. “They were watching me, but I tricked them. They think I went to a car accident. A really bloody one. They won’t dare to stalk me to a place with a lot of blood, they can’t fight their lust as well as I can.”

“That’s really smart,” Taeyeon breathed out.

BoA nodded. “Yeah, I know her for five minutes and I already find her really fascinating.”

Taeyeon smiled and looked at Tiffany. The vampire was staring at BoA with a wild look in her eyes. BoA just smiled. “Don’t be nervous,” she said. “I can totally feel your tension.”

Tiffany blinked and her expression softened a bit. “Sorry, it’s just… instinct.”

“I know, I’m a slayer, you don’t know what to expect from me, of course you want to rip my throat,” BoA laughed.

Tiffany also let out a slight smile. Even Taeyeon could feel the tension faded away a bit. It wasn’t still completely comfortable in the room though.

Suddenly, the door of Yuri’s room opened and a really pretty, but sleepy girl with a messy hair peaked out. She looked at all the people in the room. Her eyes widened a bit as she spotted Seohyun. She gasped and quickly slammed the door, disappearing back in the room.

“What’s wrong with her?” BoA asked and pointed at the door Yoona just closed. “She didn’t even say a word.”

Taeyeon just shrugged. “And where the hell is that Yuri?”

 

 

They were already finishing the second bottle and Yuri was feeling really sick. Her stomach felt uneasy, her sight was blurry and her mind hazy. Jessica on the other hand was smiling and once again refilled their glasses.  Yuri wondered how the heck Jessica managed to fill the glasses without spilling a single drop of that damned alcohol. Yuri was about to pass out soon, but she had a huge determination. She would rather pass away then lose this fight. Well, passing away wasn’t actually that impossible. Yuri thought, no, Yuri knew the third bottle will kill her. She rubbed her eye, smudging her mascara, but she really didn’t care. Suddenly, Jessica’s smile completely faded away. Yuri blinked. Seemed like a good sign. Jessica’s expression was strange and she gulped. Yuri couldn’t see the other girl’s face clearly and she was about to faint soon, but suddenly Jessica jumped on her feet, covered with her palm and ran towards the restroom. Yuri smiled. She won, again. Then she lied on the table and fell asleep…

 

 

“I’m here to help you, unnie. I had… a really hard time deciding what to do, this is so against the rules, but… though my mind was telling me not to do it, my heart was telling me to help you,” Seohyun explained.

Tiffany smiled back and drank some blood that Seohyun brought. The smile wasn’t as bright as on the photo Taeyeon owned, but it was the most sincere smile Taeyeon had ever seen on Tiffany’s face real life.  She sighed. That girl was so damn beautiful. Suddenly got somehow dry. She felt like jumping on Tiffany and her neck, but… she didn’t want her blood, just tasting that perfect porcelain skin would be fine… She shook her head and looked away. Uhhh, that was weird.

“Thank you a lot, Seohyun-ah, but we don’t have any plan yet.”

“I…” Taeyeon spoke up. “I would like to have one thing.”

“What is it?” BoA asked, frowning.

“My and Tiffany’s parents’ researched. Also the Jungs’. You said that Siwon guy has it.”

Tiffany frowned. “It will be in Siwon’s safe. Impossible to get there.”

“I…” Seohyun hesitated for a moment. This was really dangerous. “I will try,” she said.

“That’s dangerous, Juhyun,” Tiffany said, but Seohyun just shook her head.

“That’s fine, unnie… now I gotta go back, I will use the emergency exit, okay? I bet they are watching this building.”

BoA nodded. “Okay… I’ll go with you and open you the door.”

Then, the door of Yuri’s room opened again and Yoona walked out, looking totally stunning, smiling widely. She had full make up on and obviously dressed up.

Her smiled faded away as she looked around the room. “Where is BoA unnie and that beaut- I mean, that girl?”

“Already, left, why?” Taeyeon answered.

“…. Damn…. Aish, seriously,” Yoona just mumbled and disappeared back in the room.

Taeyeon and Tiffany looked at each other. “Weird.”

 

 

A/N: Thank you for the lovely comments!

Expect more about the YulSic fight in the next chapter and also... the last but not least SoShi member will make an appearance soon!! Woo! You can also expect YoonHyun :)

I'll try to update soon, definitely within a week (I can't really keep updating every third day or so, because I simply don't write quickly enough :D)