Ch.12 - Sharing Memories

Prey

“Why are you here?"” Taeyeon asked as she, Yoona and Sunye sat down at the hospital’s canteen with cup of coffee.

“I'm looking for a job. I finished the medic school a year ago,” Sunye answered casually.

“No, I mean here, in Korea. I bet there are plenty of hospitals in the States that would provide you some job. So why Korea?”

“Well, the States don’t have you,” Sunye smiled sweetly. “Aren’t you happy to see me?”

“No, not at all,” Taeyeon answered truthfully and frowned a bit.

“Come on, Taeyeonnie...” Sunye pouted. “This is not you. You used to be so sweet and lovely, always smiling and you kept sending me papers with random adorable messages written in a secret alphabet. Where is the dorky clumsy Taeyeon that loves me?”

“This is where you’re wrong, Sunye,” Taeyeon stated and pointed her index finger at her ex. “You know.... I never loved you.”

Sunye looked quite surprised. “Don’t lie, you were in love with me.”

“It wasn't love, Sunye,” Taeyeon said, shaking her head. “Infatuation, yes. But love? No.”

Sunye looked quite sad, but not really heartbroken. She looked like a kid whose favorite toy just broke. “Why did you tell me you would do anything for me then?”

“I didn’t know any better that time. And it was before you left without a word making me realize I never really loved you.”

“And now you do know any better?” Sunye’s sad expression turned somehow upset and… angry. The possessive Sunye.

“I think so,” Taeyeon nodded carefully.

“Oh really? So now you know about love? Who taught you? Her?” Sunye asked pointing at Yoona who had been sitting there quietly for the whole time.

“Don’t drag me into this!” Yoona immediately defended herself, waving her hands.

“Yoona is just one close dongsaeng of mine. My employer’s younger sister.”

“Yeah, sure, because everybody usually hangs out with their employer’s family,” Sunye said sarcastically.

“Well I do,” Taeyeon shrugged and started to drink her coffee.

They were quiet for a few moments, then Sunye spoke up again. “I talked to Sunkyu.”

Now Taeyeon was quite surprised. “Oh, really?”

Sunye nodded. “She cut her hair.”

“Yeah…”

Another awkward silence. Yoona was uncomfortably playing with her cell phone and Taeyeon was sipping the coffee. This situation was just ridiculous. Seriously… Min Sunye came back. And she says she came back for Taeyeon. Seriously?

“How have you been?” Sunye whispered then.

“I’ve been fine.”

“So... are you seeing somebody?”

Taeyeon shook her head.

“Oh, so can I ask you out for a date?”

Taeyeon frowned. “No.”

“Why not?”

“First, you left me, second, I don’t want to, third, I already like somebody else,” Taeyeon just blurted out, not thinking about it.

“You do?” two surprised voices asked. The last information didn’t surprise just Sunye, but also Yoona and actually even Taeyeon herself. I do??

A random image of Tiffany appeared in her head. She had been feeling this weird lust towards that girl. It all started in the hospital that night she doesn't remember. That night she apparently tasted human blood. Taeyeon wasn't one of those people that would lie to themselves. She knew something changed that night. But... it was upsetting her. She... felt something for Tiffany, but... what if it was only a result of her drinking blood? What if it wasn’t real? Tiffany, what do I feel towards you?

“I-I-I don’t know,” Taeyeon stuttered. It didn’t take Yoona much time to figure out who Taeyeon was talking about.

“Tiffany?”

“Who?” Sunye asked flatly, pouting.

Taeyeon just sighed and slowly nodded her head once.

Yoona looked surprised and Sunye looked really dissatisfied.

“You... will come back. I’m sure,” Sunye mumbled and simply left.

Taeyeon and Yoona watched her leave in a total silence, a little bit dumbstruck and confused. Then Yoona chuckled, but it came out in a really bitter way.

“Some crazy ex-girlfriend you got here...”

 

 

Tiffany was sitting on the bed, biting her lower lip. That dull pressure, it was back. What is it? It made her think of Taeyeon. Is her hand okay? Why am I thinking about Taeyeon? Tiffany’s eyes widened as she realized that weird headache has some connection to that girl. Every time she felt that, she just had to think about Taeyeon. And... that one time when she heard her thoughts. Damn, that was scary. Why? What is this weird connection? And then that weird feeling disappeared again...

 

 

“Hyoyeon?” Sunny asked, confused. “Who is Hyoyeon?”

“My best friend, Nicole’s girlfriend,” Sooyoung answered, shrugging.

Nicole on the other hand looked quite upset. “Sooyoung-ah, we have to found her,” she whispered a bit desperately and tugged on Sooyoung’s sleeve while still staring at the TV screen.

The tall girl just sighed and nodded. “Okay...” She looked at Sunny. “I'm sorry, but this is important. Still... see you later today, okay?” she said with a lovely smile.

Sunny’s cheeks turned a bit pink and she shyly smiled. “Okay.”

Sooyoung kept smiling as she took a napkin and wrapped all the uneaten donuts into it. Then she took out some money and gave it to Sunny.

“Nah, it’s on me,” Sunny chuckled, refusing Sooyoung’s money.

“Really? But... okay, as you wish,” Sooyoung shrugged. “But I am the one paying tonight,” she added with a cheeky smile.

“Sooyoung, please,” Nicole whined impatiently.

“I’m going, I’m going...” Sooyoung mumbled. “You should go, some customers just came,” she told Sunny and smiled for the last time before she followed Nicole out.

 

 

 

“Oh... my gosh...“

“Yuri?” Tiffany wondered, peeking out of the room.

“Oh my gosh..." Yuri just repeated as she sat down on the couch, took a pillow and buried her face into it. “My head...”

“What happened?”

“Hmmphph...”

“Yuri-yah?”

Yuri put down the pillow and stared at Tiffany with her bloody eyes. “Hangover,” she mumbled simply as an answer. “Hey, why is it torn here?” Yuri frowned as she touched the torn part of the couch.

Tiffany shrugged. “Don’t know... How come you have a hangover?” she asked, rising her eyebrows.

“You have a hangover?”

“Oh, BoA unnie...” Yuri sighed. “Turn the volume of your voice down, okay? And to answer you, yes, I indeed have a hangover.”

“Why the hell were you drinking? You know how low your alcohol tolerance is.”

“I know, I know... I had my reason,” Yuri whispered.

“You do realize you were supposed to go to the hospital with Taeyeon today, don’t you?” BoA reminded bitterly.

Yuri’s eyes widened. “Oh, crap! I totally forgot!” she shrieked and then quickly grabbed her head. “Ahhh… Headache.”

“You’re lucky you have such a nice sister, Yoona accompanied her.”

“Ah, hope they’re okay…”

“Don’t worry, we’re here,” Yoona’s voice echoed as she entered the room and Taeyeon followed her.

“Are you okay?” Yuri immediately asked.

“Of course, everything went… well,” Yoona a bit hesitated with the last word as she just looked at Taeyeon, who seemed to be a bit distracted since they met with that Sunye girl. But Taeyeon just nodded.

“Thank god,” Yuri breathed out.

“Yeah, but… Taeyeon unnie needs to have a rest,” Yoona said, pushing the older girl into her room.

“No I don’t,” Taeyeon protested, but Yoona was too persistent.

“Yes you do,” she pushed Taeyeon into the room and closed the door. Then she smiled at Yuri and BoA who were obviously a bit confused. “I know what I’m doing, okay?”

 

 

 

“You’re… back,” Tiffany said, eyeing Taeyeon. “Is your hand fine?” she asked. She was sitting on the bed, obviously really bored, sipping some blood Seohyun brought over when she stopped by.

“My… hand is fine,” Taeyeon nodded and gulped at the look of Tiffany drinking blood.

“Oh, sorry,” Tiffany coughed and abruptly put the glass away. “Does this bother you? It’s the last glass I have though.”

Taeyeon wasn’t sure. Or… she was sure it did bother her, but… why? She sat down next to Tiffany.

“Try to… try to drink my blood,” she suggested.

“Wow, that’s… sudden,” Tiffany breathed out, obviously taken aback by the sudden offer.

Even Taeyeon herself was surprised by her own words. Why do I want Tiffany to drink my blood?

“Yeah… but…” she didn’t know what to say. “Well, forget it.”

“O-okay,” Tiffany stuttered and looked away.

“Unless you want to,” Taeyeon continued.

“I… I admit I do wonder what your blood tastes like. But… I don’t like the thing I would have to cut your neck.”

“Why can’t you drink it from different parts of my body? Hand for example?”

“I… guess I could,” Tiffany admitted though she still didn’t really like that idea of hurting Taeyeon. But still… the thought she would drink her blood… only the simple thought was driving her crazy.

Taeyeon just smiled and opened a drawer right next to the bed. She took out a weapon. Tiffany immediately recognized it, it was her crooked dagger. Taeyeon gritted her teeth and quietly hissed in pain as she cut her palm.

“Tae…Taeyeon-ah…” Tiffany whispered, worried, but then a lovely smell of fresh blood filled the room.

“Just…” Taeyeon lifted her hand and showed the wound to Tiffany. “ it.”

Tiffany her lips and gulped before she slowly leaned in and tasted Taeyeon’s blood. It was so sweet and… intoxicating. Yes, that’s the right word. Tiffany closed her eyes as she started to . Taeyeon tilted her head as a weird feeling filled her whole body. It hurt, but it was bearable. Tiffany on the other hand was really enjoying it. She was slowly drinking Taeyeon’s blood.

Suddenly, she started to lose the ground. Everything turned upside down; she totally lost the track of time and space. Her mind was filled with random unknown images.

She was in some building, huge old scary building. No, that building itself wasn’t scary, but she was still really scared. Some elderly lady took her petite hand and led her into a room full of children.

Then suddenly the image changed. She was in the same room, but sitting in the corner crying while other kids were playing happily in front of her. A really pretty smiling girl approached her and took her hand. ‘Hi, I’m Sunkyu, don’t cry…’

Then it changed again. Tiffany was in a school. She was trying to write a test, but couldn’t focus at all. She had no idea what the correct answers are. She was about to get really desperate when suddenly somebody sneaked a piece of paper on her desk. It was a paper with answers…

She was crying again. She just broke her camera, because she is so damn clumsy… Wait, she wasn’t crying because of that… Somebody left her. Somebody she loved. And she was so upset that she accidentally broke her camera…

She was in a restaurant… wait, is that Yuri’s cafe? And is that Yuri? Yuri was looking at her, pouting. ‘Okay, I’ll employ you…’

Tiffany opened her eyes wide and stared at Taeyeon, completely shocked. She immediately stopped drinking the blood.

“W-what?” Taeyeon asked nervously.

“I… I just… I think I was in your mind,” Tiffany whispered.

“Huh?”

“I… I swear I didn’t mean to, but I think… I saw some of your memories.”

Taeyeon’s eyebrows raised. “For real?”

Tiffany slowly nodded. She looked on the floor, obviously thinking, while breathing heavily. After a minute or two , she looked up and stared into Taeyeon’s eyes. “Drink my blood,” she said firmly, without any hesitation.

“What?” Taeyeon gasped. “You can’t be serious…”

“I am… come on, just a little. We need to find out if this weird connection works this way too.” Tiffany took the dagger and cut her palm as well. “Mine will heal fast,” she shrugged it off as she spotted Taeyeon’s worried expression and offered her the blood.

Taeyeon hesitated but then she slowly pressed her lips against Tiffany’s hand and a few drops of the red liquid. It tasted good. Really good. She continued to drink and closed her eyes.

Suddenly, for a short moment she because a vampire-killer. She just cut a person’s throat and didn’t even feel bad about it. That was how she was trained – to be quick, precise and emotionless.

Then the image disappeared as suddenly as it appeared. But another one followed shortly after.

She was watching herself from the outside. She just burnt her dinner and she kept swearing a lot… Another scene also contained her. She was looking at herself in a hospital. Few more random flashbacks and… a kiss… love…

Taeyeon’s eyes shot open and she quickly pulled away. She had the same surprised expression on her face as Tiffany few moments ago.

“Did it… work? How are you… feeling?”

Taeyeon wasn’t saying anything, she just wiped her lips and kept rubbing it even though the blood was long time gone. Then she looked at Tiffany, who looked very nervous and anxious.

“You… we… kissed,” she whispered.

Tiffany bit her lower lip. “It… was nothing,” she said.

“No,” Taeyeon said, shaking her head. “Well… I know I was affected by the blood, but… it was really confusing, but I just saw your memories. And… it wasn’t nothing, at least not from you.”

Tiffany looked away, gulping. “I… I’m just…. don’t think too much, it doesn’t matter,” she said then, trying to show as clearly as possible that she refuses to talk about it.

Taeyeon understood the message and just lied on the bed, looking at her newly wounded hand. It wasn’t bleeding.

“Why am I not feeling anything right now even though I just drank your blood,” she asked then. “Last time I drank other person’s blood I had obviously some… issues.”

Tiffany shrugged as she blankly looked at Taeyeon. “I guess it’s because I’m not a human.”

“Mhm, if I drank this, would I kiss you again?” Taeyeon asked and pointed at the glass with blood Tiffany had been drinking earlier.

Tiffany’s eyes widened. “D-don’t try it, okay?”

Taeyeon just sighed. She wasn’t planning to try it. “I wonder why I did it…”

But deep inside she knew… Because I like you, Fany-yah…

 

 

Sooyoung entered Yuri’s cafe shortly before the closing time. There was already a ‘CLOSED’ sign hanging on the door, but it wasn’t locked yet.  Sunny was already alone in the restaurant, cleaning the tables. “Hi, Sunny,” she smiled as she entered.

“Oh, hi,” Sunny smiled back as she looked up and put away the rag. “You’re here sooner than I expected.”

“Well, I didn’t want to risk you would leave,” Sooyoung explained.

“Just… sit somewhere and give me a minute to change, okay?” Sunny said and quickly ran into a dressing room.

Sooyoung sighed and looked around. She sat down on a chair and waited while thinking. Originally she just wanted to use Sunny to find out what that Yuri girl did that night. But… Sunny seemed to be cute, maybe they could date for real?

Sunny returned really quickly. “So? Where are we going?”

“Can’t we just… stay here? Empty restaurant… I like it.”

Sunny hesitated. “But… I would have to cook.”

“You know what? Let’s cook together,” Sooyoung laughed.

Sunny knew she should do it, but Sooyoung’s laugh easily made her agree. “Sure, let’s go.”

 

 

The extremely short and extremely tall girl had much fun cooking a dinner. They ended up cooking spaghetti and of course, the kitchen ended up being a total mess. But they kept laughing and had a great time.

Like an hour later they finally sat down to eat, still both of them in a great mood. Sooyoung saw Sunny was honest the whole evening, but it wasn’t a good time… not yet. But she was sure it will be later.

“So, you’re studying lying?” Sunny asked in disbelieve.

Sooyoung nodded. “I know, it’s unusual. I’m studying psychology and I’m focusing on lying. I’m really good at it; I can tell when a person lies right away. I also notice other small things people usually don’t notice.”

Sunny seemed to be really impressed. “That is so damn cool,” she breathed out.

“Yeah, well… It’s really useful,” Sooyoung laughed and ate some more of her spaghetti.

They ate in a silence for a minute or two, when Sooyoung spoke up again. “Do you believe in supernatural beings?”

Sunny froze a little, but quickly tried to cover it up. Sooyoung noticed though. “Mhm, I don’t know, maybe,” Sunny shrugged casually.

“You do,” Sooyoung breathed out.

“I… I don’t know.”

“I just told you I could tell when a person lies, didn’t I?” the taller girl smirked and Sunny blushed. Sooyoung knew she shouldn’t push it, so she continued: “Well, you don’t have to be ashamed that you believe in those things. I have a friend who’s a vampire for example.”

Sunny froze again, this time she didn’t even try to hide it. “For real?” she asked, shocked.

Sooyoung just nodded like she said a trivial thing. “Yeah. She’s a bit… lost though.” She just made sure Sunny knew about vampires. And she was determined to find out what Yuri is, but… not today. She can’t push it.

“Never mind,” she laughed. “Tell me something about your studies.” …

 

 

A/N: I really regret naming chapters. Uh, that was random, but I really do, it's harder than it looks like :D

Anyways, thanks for your lovely comments ^^

And because you make me happy, I will make you happy too and tell you you can expect some gooooood TaeNy fluff in the next chapter, hahahah.