Ch.16 - Sick

Prey

Taeyeon kept reading the entire day, but she continued in a complete silence. She promised Tiffany she would tell her all the important stuff. Tiffany just assumed there was nothing to share. She trusted Taeyeon. Since she had nothing to do, she just kept watching Taeyeon. She just… kept admiring her face. Is that weird?

She noticed a sudden change in Taeyeon’s expression. Taeyeon slightly frowned, but soon her expression returned to a neutral one.

“Everything okay?” Tiffany asked, just in case.

Taeyeon looked up. Her expression calm, but her eyes were a bit widened. “Yeah,” she answered flatly and looked back into the diary. Tiffany winked a few times, thinking. Taeyeon was obviously a bit upset, but tried not to look like it. Tiffany pressed her lips together. She believed the other girl, but this made her… well, at least curious. This was just… weird…

 

 

 

Yuri wiped her sweaty forehead with the back of her hand and just kept quietly glaring at her opponent.

“Somebody needs a break already?” Jessica asked mockingly. She herself was already soaking with sweat and breathing heavily, but she had that smirk on her face… She didn’t look as tired as Yuri did. Maybe it was just acting though, Yuri couldn’t tell. But she had to admit she had underestimated the other girl. It was once again proved that their skills are more or less equal.

“Nope, not at all,” Yuri answered, trying to sound casually as she put her boxing gloves back on. Jessica smiled as she took a step forward, taking her position. Yuri did the same. They were tiptoeing for a few moments and then Jessica finally attacked Yuri. The punch was a bit slow, so Yuri managed to block it, but still, she had hard time doing so. After like an hour of never ending fighting they were both so tired that the boxing got really sloppy. It didn’t take a long time and they had to take a break again. Both of them needed it. Jessica drank some water and fanned herself, breathing heavily.

“You look a bit pale. Feeling sick? Again?” Yuri teased.

Jessica grinned, shaking her head. “I never feel sick.”

“Oh really? What about that night back then?”

Jessica chuckled. “Please… I was completely fine.”

Yuri frowned. “No, you weren’t. You didn’t fake it. Why would you? You had no reason to lose on purpose, you needed to win to get your sword, am I not right? You’re lying,” she said like there was no other option.

Jessica opened , but no words came out. She was hesitating. “You’re completely right,” she said then, shamelessly lying. “You’re right, Kwon.” She put on her glove. “Then let’s finish this fight.”

Jessica literally jumped on Yuri, catching the other girl off guard. Yuri wasn’t prepared for the attack at all. Jessica punched her. Well… it wasn’t a punch. More like a push. Yuri stumbled backwards and lost her balance.  She fell down and, let’s just blame physics for that, Jessica fell right on the top of her.

They both hissed. Yuri opened to scold Jessica for doing that, but she was too shocked for any words to come out. She was staring right into Jessica’s face. Her mind was telling her that this was a bit disgusting – they were lying at each other and both basically bathing in their own sweat, but… Yuri found Jessica’s wet sweaty face really attractive and… hot. Plus the heavy breathing didn’t really make it any easier. Not only that Yuri felt Jessica’s warm breath on her face, she also felt Jessica’s chest rising and falling as she was inhaling and exhaling. Yuri felt a bit embarrassed and definitely awkward with their sudden intimacy. She was sure that she would have flushed if her cheeks hadn’t been completely red already from the fight earlier.

A shy, but really charming smile appeared on Jessica’s face. She was having so much fun at the moment. She didn’t even plan that, what an amazing accident! She also noticed Yuri was a bit nervous. She put on her best smile.

“I’m sorry,” she said sweetly.

Yuri let out a deep breath. “Can you please get of me now?” she asked, trying to be polite.

“Oh, right, sorry,” Jessica said and pushed herself up. She didn’t plan it, but by the way she pushed herself up, she provided Yuri an amazing view of her chest. Jessica panicked a bit. This was a bit too much. She didn’t want to overdo it. Yes, sure, seducing Yuri was so much fun, but she wasn’t that easy. She decided not to flirt with Yuri so obviously anymore, thought the other girl was probably completely blind or something. Jessica doesn’t need to look like a . Definitely not in front of Yuri. Well, not in front of anybody, but Yuri was the priority.

“I give up,” she said as she stood up.

Yuri sat up and stared at Jessica in disbelieve. “You what?”

“I give up. I’m sick of boxing already,” Jessica said, grabbing a towel.

Yuri took of her gloves. “First, you can’t be serious, and then, it was your idea to do some boxing, not mine.”

“I know, I know,” Jessica nodded, obviously a bit annoyed. “But I don’t feel like fighting like this anymore. I will… find another way. How to… get my sword back.”

“So… Now what?”

“Now let’s go take a shower, because there’s no way I’m letting us into my car when we smell like this and then… I’ll drive you back to your restaurant so you can do your job.”

 

 

 

Tiffany was staring at the opened diary on Taeyeon’s bed. She was alone in the room, because Taeyeon decided to take a shower. Tiffany was really curious. She assumed Taeyeon would be gone for a few a while so she took the diary and flipped two pages back. She was paying attention to Taeyeon, she remembered that Taeyeon flipped the page only twice since she read that… thing that had made her upset. And before she was also paying attention to the cipher itself. She remembered some letters. But most of them… She didn’t.

Tiffany groaned a bit as she looked at the unknown symbols. She took the portrait Taeyeon had drawn before and looked at the symbols there. Taeyeon wrote there Tiffany’s name in that cipher. That helped her figure out some letters. She took a pen and wrote down T, I, F, A, N and Y. She also knew Mr. Kim started this diary in March. Since the months were also written in the cipher, she figured out more letters. She felt like this was taking her too long. Slowly, step by step, letter by letter, she was figuring the cipher out. She found Taeyeon’s name written there, that helped her figure out more letters. She kept trying to substitute the symbols with the right letters and that method worked surprisingly well. She was surprised how easy it was.

By the time Taeyeon returned, Tiffany already figured out the whole cipher and was sitting on the bed staring at the wall like nothing happened. She decided to wait till Taeyeon falls asleep. It wasn’t even evening yet, but Tiffany could see Taeyeon was already tired and assumed she would go to bed soon.

And Tiffany was right.

“I’mma take a nap,” Taeyeon said as she lay down.

“O-okay,” Tiffany just said and sat on the floor, her back leaning against the bed.

“Talk to you later, Fany-yah.”

Tiffany waited for like twenty minutes. Then she checked Taeyeon’s breathing. Regular. She waved her hand in front of the other girl’s closed eyes to make sure she really is asleep. No reaction.

Tiffany took the diary and found the correct page once again. She also took the piece of paper where she wrote the transcript earlier.

She slowly started to rewrite the text, translating it.

 

 

21th October 1993

The situation is getting desperate. The wolves are after us, I’m not sure how long it will take them until they kill us. So far, we’ve been all healthy.

My girls are doing great. There is this weird thing between Taeyeon and Stephanie going on though. The bond between them is really strong. We’ve been trying to figure this mystery out, but… we can only guess. And my personal guess it’s that it just works differently when their bloods are mixed. This is probably first time in a history when a half vampire half slayer drank half vampire half human’s blood. I hope we will find out how this connection works.

We found out another interesting thing though.

We had always thought that a vampire that drinks blood for the first time will go absolutely insane, craving for more blood, until it cools down with time. Well, that’s not true. New vampires are after their biggest desire. That’s usually… well, always a blood, since vampires were born with a blood lust. They just need to trigger it. But… it doesn’t always have to be like that. I’m not sure if it works with normal vampires too, but half vampires and special vampires. We found an old book. At first we considered it completely meaningless, but then we came across this at first glance random story about a half vampire in it. It said that the half vampire, before he triggered his vampirism, had been gifted with a huge sympathy. He wouldn’t hurt anybody, not even a mosquito. And when he turned into a vampire, his sympathy multiplied. He wasn’t craving for a blood. He was obsessed with helping people. Weird, isn’t it? But… I believe it.

I believe that… If a person for example deeply loved somebody and then triggered the vampirism, the person wouldn’t necessarily have to feel the blood lust. They might just want the person they love more?

 

 

Tiffany stopped reading. It took over an hour to translate this. She was staring at the text, completely dumbstruck. Yes, it was just a deliberation of one person, but it still made her think. She believed it too. She looked at the wall in front of her and put the diary back on the table. Her brain was working to the max as she was thinking about Taeyeon. Why the hell would Taeyeon kiss her after tasting the blood? Sure… Taeyeon told her she liked her. But… the diary mentions deep love, not just some kind of… affection. Tiffany closed her eyes and tilted her head. She was lost. She had no idea what love is. Nobody ever loved her and she never loved anybody. She rubbed her nose, still thinking. Then she quickly opened her eyes as she got an idea.

“It’s the bond,” she whispered. She stood up and looked at sleeping Taeyeon. She sat on the edge of the bed, still staring at the other girl. “That must be it… we are connected. And the connection is really strong. That’s why you didn’t want blood but… me.”

 

 

 

“Uhggg,” Yoona was clutching onto her stomach as she returned back home.

She sat down on the couch and took a deep breath not to throw up. She was trying to recall what was the last thing she ate, but… she didn’t know. Her mind was too filled with pain to be able to think properly.

“What happened?” Tiffany asked. She heard some weird noises, so she looked into the living room. She couldn’t enter it yet, because the sun was still up, but she saw Yoona obviously wasn’t feeling well.

“I don’t know… I was out to get some coffee and suddenly on my way back I got this unbearable stomachache,” Yoona groaned.

Tiffany frowned. “You ate something bad?”

Yoona shook her head. “I don’t know, I don’t remember… I don’t think so. I’m gonna throw up.” Yoona stormed out of the room, pressing her hand against .

“O-oh…” Tiffany looked at the sleeping Taeyeon. She bit her lower lip. She didn’t want to wake the girl up, but… she couldn’t help Yoona herself. She leaned to Taeyeon and gently shook her shoulder. “Taeyeon-ah,” she whispered. “Wakey.”

Taeyeon opened her eyes and immediately sat up and her forehead hit Tiffany’s nose.

“Ouch!” they both hissed, rubbing their hurt body parts.

“I’m sorry,” Taeyeon apologized. “What is going on?” she asked, looking into Tiffany’s eyes. Their faces were still close to each other.

“Yoona is feeling sick, could you go check on her? Or… call Yuri?” Tiffany said, concerned.

“She’s sick?” Taeyeon frowned and got up from the bed.

“Yeah, go to the bathroom, she’s throwing up.”

Taeyeon nodded and quickly went to the bathroom.

She found Yoona there, washing her face.

“Hey, are you okay?”

Yoona shook her head, not looking at Taeyeon. Taeyeon examined her. Yoona was completely pale.

“What’s wrong, did you eat something bad?”

Yoona just shook her head again. “My stomach… hurts so much.”

Taeyeon frowned and touched Yoona’s cheek. “Girl, you’re hot.”

“Thanks,” Yoona laughed bitterly.

“No I mean... You have a fever, you dummy,” Taeyeon explained, annoyed by Yoona’s reaction.

“Ah… I do?”

Taeyeon didn’t answer, just took out her cell phone and sent Yuri a text.

‘Yoona is sick, she needs to go to the hospital, I think. Where R U?’

 

 

 

It took Yuri around ten minutes to arrive. Meanwhile Yoona managed to throw up twice more, once on Taeyeon’s trousers.

“Oh my god, are you okay?” Yuri asked as she ran into the bathroom. She gulped as the smell made her a bit nauseous too.

“Take care of her, Yuri-yah, will you?” Taeyeon asked. “I need to change my pants. Take her to the emergency.”

“Sure, go,” Yuri nodded and held Yoona’s waist as she dragged her out of the bathroom, outside and to the car.

Taeyeon took off the pants and started to wash it in the sink.

“Damn my bad luck,” she cursed as she scrubbed the vomit. “Seriously…” She then took the pants and threw it into the washing machine. She also cleaned the floor. “Poor Yoona though… Hope she’ll be okay,” she sighed as she sprayed some perfume all over the room. She herself then washed her face and returned to Tiffany.

Tiffany looked a bit… not herself.

“What’s wrong?” Taeyeon asked as soon as she noticed.

“You have no pants. I find it very disturbing,” Tiffany answered honestly.

“Why?” Taeyeon wondered as she was looking for some trousers. “You’ve already seen me topless before, remember? What’s the big deal with seeing me bottomless? You would see the same thing if I was wearing bikini.”

Tiffany raised her eyebrows. “That’s… I don’t know.”

Taeyeon finally found some pants and put it on. “Why do you mind this so much?”

“I don’t know… I never cared about things like that before… I mean… I was fine seeing my brothers and sisters from clan topless… but you… something is different about you.”

Taeyeon smiled in a playful way. “Somebody likes me,” she teased.

Tiffany blushed and looked down.

Taeyeon’s smile grew wider as she sat right next to Tiffany. “Don’t be shy. It’s weird to see you blushing. This is not something you should be embarrassed about. I… like you too,” she said then confidently and gave Tiffany her best smile.

Tiffany looked up and… smiled too. Her smile was slowly growing wider and wider, her eyes slowly disappearing. Taeyeon could tell Tiffany was a bit hesitating but… this was the first time she had seen Tiffany fully smile. Taeyeon couldn’t believe her eyes. So beautiful… She was… falling head over heels in love…

 

 

A/N: Yay, update! And I will flood you with more TaeNy in the next chapter, hehehe xD

Okay, I don't feel like saying anything, my arm hurts like crazy (had a liiiittle disagreement with a pavement... the pavement won. Bastard -.-), so... not really in a mood.... >.<

Just... thank you all for the lovely comments! Love you all! Thanks for reading! ^^