Ch.23 - Sis

Prey

Seconds passed. Minutes passed. Hours passed. But Taeyeon didn’t care. And Tiffany didn’t care either. They were lying on the bed, but nothing special was going on. They were just cuddling a bit. Tiffany was lying on her back and Taeyeon next to her, hugging her waist, her head on Tiffany’s chest. Tiffany was slightly smiling and Taeyeon’s hair. It was a nice moment. They didn’t even have to talk to understand each other. They felt like one person. With their minds opened to each other, they both could feel how the other one felt. Their connection was this special.

“You’re hungry,” Tiffany said, breaking the nice silence between them.

“No, I’m not,” Taeyeon answered with a smile.

“Yes, you are, I can feel it,” Tiffany chuckled.

Taeyeon pouted. “Your feeling is wrong,” she said. Then her stomach grumbled.

“Yeah, my feeling is completely wrong,” Tiffany laughed.

“Fine, I’m hungry,” Taeyeon admitted. “No wonder, I haven’t eaten since yesterday.”

“You should go get some food.”

“And leave you here alone? I don’t think so,” Taeyeon said, nudging her head deeper into Tiffany’s chest.

“Mhm, I can take care of myself. But you are a clutz who could get hurt in this forest alone,” Tiffany teased. “But it will get dark soon. In two hours or so.”

“I can endure for two more hours,” Taeyeon said, but her stomach grumbled again.

“Uh, I got an idea,” Tiffany said, carefully. “But not sure if it will work.”

“What is it?” Taeyeon asked, curiously.

“Well, I can’t feed your human half, but I can kind of feed your vampire half. My blood?” Tiffany suggested.

“Again?” Taeyeon smirked a bit, remembering what happened last time when they did it.

“Yeah, well… it’s just an idea, not really a plan,” Tiffany mumbled.

“Okay, let’s try it,” Taeyeon agreed with a smile, pushing herself up. Tiffany sat up as well and took the sword. She used its blade to cut her palm.

“My blood will taste different from the last time,” she warned as Taeyeon took her hand and stared at the bleeding wound.

“How is that possible?”

“I drank a fresh blood from vein. Last time when we did this, my body was full of blood from hospital,” Tiffany explained. “It might have some side effects.”

Taeyeon nodded. “If anything happens, I’ll stop. And if I couldn’t, make me stop.”

Tiffany quietly agreed and Taeyeon slowly the blood. It tasted even better than last time. It was warmer and Taeyeon felt almost addicted to it.

This time she wasn’t surprised when her mind got filled with Tiffany’s random memories.

Most of them were related to her accomplishing missions Siwon gave her. Then there was one about Seohyun, they were talking together and being very friendly. And then there was one about herself. It was the moment when they were in the museum, lying on the bed, looking into each other’s eyes. Taeyeon could feel how Tiffany felt at that moment. It was so intense. She was so sure but so unsure at the same time. Everything was so damn confusing…

Taeyeon pulled away and wiped . Tiffany was looking at her, concerned. “Everything’s okay?”

Taeyeon slowly nodded. “Now I... I’m… I… I’m sorry,” she breathed out.

“Y-you’re sorry? For what?” Tiffany asked, confused.

“I had no idea how much confused you were because of me. I sure didn’t want to turn your life upside down.”

“But I’m glad you did,” Tiffany smiled, touching Taeyeon’s cheek with the hand that wasn’t bleeding. “I wasn’t happy back then. Now, even though I feel unusual, I feel good,” she said. “I love how you changed my life.”

Taeyeon smiled back and gently pecked Tiffany’s lips. Then her stomach grumbled again.

“Guess it didn’t really solve the original problem though…”

 

 

 

A few minutes passed and Taeyeon and Tiffany were still innocently cuddling when suddenly Tiffany heard a noise. She frowned and stiffened. Taeyeon immediately noticed the change in her behavior.

“What's wrong?”

„Somebody's coming,“ Tiffany whispered quietly.

Taeyeon shifted a bit. “Who?”

“Not sure... But the footsteps are light. And it's just one person.”

“Girls! It's me!”

Both Tiffany and Taeyeon loosened up as they immediately recognized the voice.

“Ah, BoA...” Tiffany breathed out and Taeyeon smiled.

They both sat on the bed, waiting for BoA to come in.

“Hope you had enough time to... do whatever you need to do,” she said as soon as she spotted the two girls.

“Yes, we did, thank you,” Taeyeon smiled.

“That's good. Anyways, I was on my way to museum and met Sunny. I have some interesting information for you, Taeyeon.”

“You do? What is it?”

“Well, so apparently, Sunny is meeting that girl that is supposed to be your sister today in the evening and she wants you to come along.”

“Today in the evening?” Taeyeon jumped on her feet. “What time is it?”

“You still have some time, don't worry, they're supposed to meet at seven. It's just... okay, it's half past six. Maybe you should hurry up.”

“Oh god, where are they meeting?”

“Yuri's cafe.”

“I gotta go there,” Taeyeon decided immediately, looking at Tiffany who just smiled and nodded.

“I'll wait till it gets dark and then return on my own, you don't have to worry, I promise I won't run away again,” Tiffany said, smiling, knowing exactly what was on Taeyeon's mind.

“Okay...” Taeyeon whispered, kissing Tiffany's cheek before she quickly ran away.

“I'll keep an eye on her,” BoA assured Tiffany and followed Taeyeon out.

 

 

 

“What if she won't come?” Hyoyeon asked nervously, looking around.

“I got a text from BoA, she will,” Sunny reassured.

There weren't many people in the cafe, yet Sunny, Hyoyeon and of course Sooyoung chose to sit in the very back of the room.

Hyoyeon let out a nervous laugh. She felt even more anxious than before. “Tell me something about her.”

“Well... she's nice, you don't need to worry. She's really clumsy and she looks like a kid. But she's really nice. She sings pretty well. I'm sure she'll tell you everything willingly on her own. Oh there she goes.”

All three girls fixed their eyes on the newcomer.

Taeyeon was breathing heavily, since she had been running. Her clothes were quite a mess. No wonder, she spend the last few hours in the forest. Her hair wasn't really neat either. But her eyes fixed on Sunny most of the time, occasionally switching to Hyoyeon and Sooyoung.

“The blondie,” Sunny just said, pointing at Hyoyeon.

Taeyeon stood still, touching the back of her neck, awkwardly looking at Hyoyeon. Hyoyeon looked as awkward as Taeyeon did.

“T...” Taeyeon coughed a bit. Her lungs betrayed her. She didn't say anything for a few seconds, trying to catch her breath. “T-Taeyeon,” she managed to say then, slightly smiling at Hyoyeon and then bowing her head a bit to Sooyoung. “Sorry for my current... state. Hard times,” she said with an apologetic grin.

“You okay?” Sunny asked, worried.

Taeyeon just nodded.

“Tiffany?”

Taeyeon nodded again.

“Uhm, uhm, I'm Sooyoung and this is Hyoyeon, well... Sunny here says you two are sisters,” Sooyoung said then, seeing Hyoyeon couldn't really bring herself to say like... anything.

“Uhm, yeah,” Taeyeon rolled up her sleeve, showing Hyoyeon her wrist. Hyoyeon carefully extended her hand so the marks were next to each other. They were totally identical.

“Wow,” Hyoyeon uttered. “So you really are my sister?” she asked, amazed.

“Yeah,” Taeyeon said as she sat down on the forth and last empty chair. “I bet you have a lots of questions.”

“How did you know?” Hyoyeon immediately asked.

“I have this diary my- I mean our dad wrote.”

“Uh... I see...”

Awkward silence.

Sunny and Sooyoung looked at each other. They understood each other without words. They needed to make the two girls more comfortable.

“You two don't look like sisters at all,” Sunny chuckled. “But from I heard from Sooyoung you have similar personalities.”

“Oh really?” Taeyeon asked.

“Yep,” Sooyoung nodded.

“You both are dorks,” Sunny laughed.

“Do you like fart jokes?” Taeyeon asked in a very serious voice, like it was the most important thing ever.

Hyoyeon laughed. “I love all kind of jokes.”

Taeyeon smiled brightly. “Awesome! I gotta feeling we're gonna get along...”

 

 

 

Minutes passed and Taeyeon and Hyoyeon were slowly getting to know each other. Taeyeon found out Hyoyeon had also been in an orphanage, but got luckier than Taeyeon and when she was six years old a childless couple took her into a foster care. Hyoyeon also told her she was a great dancer and currently studying on a dance academy. They talked about not so serious stuff like that at first.

But sooner or later it had to come. Their current situation. It was actually Sooyoung who reminded them.

“Girls, I know you probably want to know each other more and have a lot things to talk about, but... I think we need to discuss your... bloodsucking problem first,” she said.

And so Taeyeon had to tell Hyoyeon something more about the history of their family and the vampire thingy.

“Well... We need to be careful, we're really lucky they don't know about you,” she said when she finished her short summary of the long story. “But... on the other hand I don't think their THAT bothered by me, or actually us, at the moment. They seem to have a bigger problem.”

“So... I don't have to worry?” Hyoyeon asked.

“No, not really,” Taeyeon said, shaking her head. “But yeah... don't go around the city at night and stuff.“

“But... but... I have this... blood problem,” Hyoyeon said, blushing a bit.

“Oh, right, just... go to the hospital and ask for doctor Seo. She will help you. She's one of us,” Taeyeon said with a smile.

“You... don't have this problem?” Hyoyeon asked.

“Well... no, not really.”

“How is that possible?”

“I don't know,” Taeyeon shrugged. “I just... I guess I just...”

“She loves Tiffany,” Sunny yawned. “She always did. She only didn't know, because she forgot.”

“Yes, that's very possible,” Sooyoung nodded quickly. “After a huge trauma such as losing your parents your mind tends to block everything that is somehow connected to them. Especially kids of younger age are very inclined.”

“You little miss psychiatrist,” Sunny uttered, smiling.

“Just psychologist. And not even with a diploma,” Sooyoung smiled back.

The two girls smirked, looking at each other. Then they slowly broke the eye-contact and looked back at the two sisters.

“Wait… What’s the connection?” Hyoyeon asked, confused.

“I told you… it was in the diary…” Taeyeon said. “Once you trigger your vampirism, you immediately become addicted to your biggest desire.”

“But… why did it work in your case but not in mine? I have a girlfriend too, you know?”

Taeyeon just shrugged. “Mystery.”

“Uhm, would you like some... you know... private time?” Sunny suddenly asked. “I think you already got comfortable enough, so we, me and Sooyoung.... could leave. Huh?”

“What?” Sooyoung asked, shocked. “I don't wanna leav-”

“Yes, you do,” Sunny said, giving her a meaningful look. She stood up, grabbed Sooyoung's arm and pulled her up on her feel. Sooyoung was looking at her, totally confused. She wanted to continue listening to the conversation, she found it very interesting. And she was also taken aback by Sunny's strenght.

“Ouch, that hurts,”she complained, but stood up and cooperated.

“I'll get you some food, don't worry,” Sunny said quietly.

“Okay,” Sooyoung's expression suddenly completely changed and she allowed Sunny to lead her away from the table.

Taeyeon chuckled. Hyoyeon looked amused as well.

“They’re cute,” Hyoyeon said.

“Totally...”

 

 

 

“I wanna keep listening to them...” Sooyoung complained as she and Sunny sat to another table on the other side of the cafe.

“Come on, Hyoyeon will tell you later, just like Taeyeon will tell me. But... we should give them some private time, pretty sure they need it,” Sunny said in a slightly scolding tone.

Sooyoung let out a sigh. “Meanie,” she uttered.

“How am I a meanie?” Sunny asked in disbelieve.

“You simply are, you are- awesome!” Sooyoung suddenly changed the end of her sentence when Gain came to their table, giving them a plate full of donuts. “You're paying, right?” Sooyoung asked, making sure, her eyes shining like a Christmas tree.

Sunny nodded. “Of course.”

“Oh, I love you,” Sooyoung said, eating happily.

Sunny looked away, trying to hide her pink cheeks. She couldn't help but smile even though she knew Sooyoung would say anything for just one bite of her favorite donuts.

After a few seconds, Sooyoung stopped eating and looked at her. “Hey, aren't you gonna take some as well?” she asked, still stuffed with donuts.

Sunny smiled wider. She happily took a donut. She wasn't really hungry. Well... she wasn't hungry at all. But... Choi Sooyoung was willing to share food with her. Who on earth would ever refuse that?

 

 

 

The atmosphere on the other side of the restaurant was a bit more awkward. Yes, the two sisters were getting used to each other, but... it was still... weird.

“Uh, so... tell me something about the Tiffany girl, are you dating?” Hyoyeon asked with a cheeky smile.

Taeyeon shrugged. “Guess so... I don't think a relationship needs some kind of label. It just is... what it is.”

“Yeah...”

“You're dating somebody too, right?” Taeyeon asked then to keep the conversation.

“Yup, I am,” Hyoyeon nodded happily. “Her name is Nicole, we've been dating for some time already.”

Taeyeon just smiled. The atmosphere was really quite awkward. “Well... since they're not here now,” she said then, pointing at Sunny and Sooyoung who were happily sharing food. “Do you have some questions, you know like... something you wouldn't like to ask in front of them?”

“No... not really,” Hyoyeon said, shaking her head. “But... since you told me you had read our dad's diary... could you tell me something about our parents?”

Taeyeon smiled. “Sure. And I can also teach you the cipher, so you could read it yourself one day.”

„Thank you... sis.”

Taeyeon chuckled. “You're welcome, sis.”

 

 

 

A/N: Decided to update earlier, because I realized I will have no time in the upcoming 6 days.

I will keep the A/N short once again. Just... expect Yuri's confession in the next chapter! Will it be succesfull?

Thanks for reading & comments!!!