Ch.29 - Blood on Hands

Prey

ITALICS = FLASHBACK

 

Blood mixed with water and tears was running down her shaking fingers and dirtying the sink as she was trying to wash her hands and crying.

Why couldn’t the blood be hers?

She let out a loud sob and more tears ran down her cheeks. The blood on her skin was all dry by now and she found it difficult to wash even though it wasn’t. Her entire body just wouldn’t stop shaking.

She switched the warm water to cold and washed her face. She stayed bent over the sink, thinking she may throw up. But she just panted and sobbed more. She stopped the water and hit the tap harshly a few times with a loud swearing.

Suddenly, she felt a pair of arms wrapped around her waist. It startled her. She didn’t even notice the door of the bathroom opened let alone somebody enter.

“Ssshh…” a familiar voice whispered into her ear as the person back hugged her. She felt the well-known warmth against her back. “It’s gonna be okay…”

“No, it’s not…” she whined. Her voice cracked, she was completely down.

“You can’t change what happened… I’m sorry, Yuri, I really am.”

“Oh, god, Sica…” Yuri turned around and hugged Jessica, grasping tightly the shirt on Jessica’s upper back. She kept crying and crying and all Jessica could do is to hold her tight. There was no way how to ease Yuri’s pain at the moment. She needed time. “You should be with Krystal.”

“Krystal is already home and she is in good hands, her injury is not that serious, she’s gonna be okay. Yunho and my entire family is taking care of her… and somebody has to take care of you…” Jessica whispered.

“Sica… she is… well… she was… like my sister…” Yuri whispered.

“I know…”

“She was a family…”

“I know… And she died as a hero. In a fight.”

“But it was useless… it’s… that… person’s fault!” Yuri sobbed.

“Wait, you shouldn’t blame Yoona,” Jessica said, surprised.

Yuri immediately pulled away a bit and looked into Jessica’s eyes, confused. “Who’s talking about Yoona?”

Jessica felt pain herself as she saw Yuri all messed up. But she remained strong. “Oh… you mean Ji-“

“Don’t say his name!!!!” Yuri stopped her immediately.

 

 

 

“Unnie!” Seohyun yelled as she threw her sword at the vampire above Yoona. The blade went right through the vampire’s body, but she missed his heart, so he wouldn’t die. But it stopped him and gave Yoona enough time to get up on her feet. Seohyun grabbed Yoona’s sword from the ground and aimed for the second time, this time not missing the right spot.

On the other side of the battlefield, the situation wasn’t good though.

“Unnie!” along with Seohyun’s yell, Yuri’s echoed as well.

BoA did a fatal mistake. She didn’t think straight, she just knew she needs to save Yoona. So she simply pushed the vampire away and turned around. Too bad she didn’t push enough. In a one quick move, he stabbed her back. The blade came out of BoA’s stomach. She froze as the spot, opened as she gasped and looked down at the bloody blade. Then the vampire pulled the sword out as he saw Tiffany and Yuri coming after him.

“ARRGH!” Yuri yelled as she swayed the sword and cut the last vampire’s head off. “Oh god! BoA unnie!” she then immediately fell on her knees right next to BoA, who was lying on the ground, her hands on the bleeding wound.

“Unnie!”

The rest of the girls quickly ran to them, except for Jessica who stayed with Krystal.

 

 

 

“We could have saved her…. We could have saved her…” Yuri repeated over and over, shaking while being in Jessica’s arms.

“No… Seohyun said there was no chance… And she’s a doctor, Yuri-yah, she’s a doctor,” Jessica whispered.

“That shouldn’t have happened…” Yuri continued like she didn’t even hear what Jessica said.

“Yes, that’ true, it shouldn’t…”

 

 

 

“Press something against the wound!! Yuri yelled. ”Quickly! And somebody call the ambulance!”

“I’m calling, I’m calling, but where should I tell them to wait? There’s no way they would find us in the middle of the forest.”

Yoona rushed towards the calling Seohyun, tears running down her cheeks, but she still managed to help Seohyun make the call with the ambulance.

“We will carry her out of the forest, this direction,” Yoona instructed then Yuri, who was helplessly trying to stop the bleeding, but since BoA was pierced through and through, it didn’t work at all.

BoA was still semi-conscious, but she was obviously losing it. She opened and a wheezing sound came out. “My table… Everything…. Everything…” BoA started to cough and…. She coughed out some blood.

“Oh god, unnie…” Yuri whispered as she with the help of Jessica carried BoA. “What table?”

“My table…. My room…. Everything you need….” BoA gasped a few times, coughing a bit more. “Inside…”

“O-okay, unnie, don’t talk anymore… we will bring you to the hospital…”

 

 

 

“You need to change,” Jessica whispered as she felt the still wet blood from Yuri’s clothes on her own t-shirt. She herself was quite dirty, but since Yuri was the one who carried BoA, her clothes was far the bloodiest.

Yuri just faintly nodded. She looked like she can barely stand. “I-I think I should take a shower,” she said

Jessica nodded. “Will you be okay on your own? You are really weak right now, I would prefer if somebody stayed here with you and kept an eye on you.”

Yuri looked at Jessica blankly. “You’re not staying.”

“No, I- …. Okay,” Jessica slowly nodded as she realized it might be a bit inappropriate though it probably wouldn’t be awkward in this situation. Or maybe it would. “But Yoona isn’t doing that well herself, I saw her and Seohyun before I came here, she was…”

“Then tell Tiffany.”

“Ti- oh, okay,” Jessica stuttered a bit, not really happy about it.

“Or Taeyeon, it doesn’t matter, please…” Yuri weakly looked up. “…don’t be jealous in such a situation…”

Jessica nodded, admitting that was really childish. “I’ll tell Tiffany.”

 

 

 

“What do you mean, she fell on a branch?” the doctor from the ambulance asked.

“She was climbing a tree and fell, it was a bad luck,” Seohyun continued to lie quickly.

The doctor, who also happened to be her colleague, gave her a doubtful look and shortly glanced at everybody’s dirty and torn clothes, soaked with blood and mud. He also couldn’t mess the fact they all had scratches on their faces. One of them was even limping, her leg was visibly bleeding. Oh and of course there was the thing with swords in sheaths on their belts. He still had that questioning look on his face, but he had to look away, because he was busy working, trying to save life of that poor girl, who meanwhile lost consciousness.

“Please, just write that into the report,” Seohyun said. The doctor just nodded. He trusted Seohyun, she was a good doctor and a good person.

 “And the other one fell on a branch as well?” he asked, looking at Krystal, who with the help of limping Jessica just got into the ambulance car.

“No… we were practicing fencing and an accident happened,” Seohyun said.

“Fencing? With these swords?” he said, shaking his head at the obvious lie.

“Can we please just hurry up?” Yuri asked, impatient, crying.

The doctor just nodded and with the help of another doctor, they carried BoA into the ambulance car and headed towards the hospital. Tiffany stayed with Taeyeon and Hyoyeon outside the forest…

 

 

 

“Please, Tiffany, make sure nothing happens to Yuri, could you?” Jessica said.

“Sure, of course,” Tiffany nodded. She was sitting on the couch, embracing Taeyeon, so she stood up and disappeared in the bathroom.

“You okay?”  Jessica asked as she sat next to Taeyeon.

Taeyeon nodded. “Yea… well, as much as possible.”

Jessica just sighed in understanding. “Where are Seohyun and Yoona? I saw them here just a moment ago.”

“They went into the room, Yoona was almost fainting, so Seohyun took her into the bed and is taking care of her there,” Taeyeon explained expressionless, feeling totally without energy. Her eyes were still red from all the crying, but she didn’t feel anything anymore. She felt… empty.

“No wonder, Yuri isn’t doing that well either.”

“How’s your leg? I noticed it was bleeding,” Taeyeon said looking at Jessica’s pants, soaked with blood.

“It’s not serious, it’s just the injury from my previous meeting with those freaking vampires. The stitches broke and it started to bleed a bit again, but it’s gonna be okay.”

“Okay,” Taeyeon nodded. “And Krystal is fine?”

“Yes, don’t worry about her. Yunho, the head of our family, arrived to the hospital and took her home, her wound was just a one big scratch, she got a few stitches and they let her go home saying the blade missed all the organs, so she will be fine soon. Yunho gave me a ride here on the way back.”

“That was really quick,” Taeyeon said.

“No, not really,” Jessica opposed. “It’s actually been six hours.”

“Already?!” Taeyeon asked, shocked.

“Yes, no wonder Yoona feels like fainting, we are all extremely tired.”

The door of Yuri’s room opened. Seohyun entered the room. He sighed. “Yoona fell asleep, she’ll be fine…”

 

 

 

 “It’s been three hours… Three freakin’ hours!” Yuri said loudly, cursed a bit and continued to walk back and forth.

“Unnie…. Please… calm down…” Yoona said, but her own voice was trembling and tears were running down her cheeks.

“Yes,” Jessica nodded. She joined them a few moments ago after Krystal’s doctor told her Krystal was going to be fine.

“Jessica, we are going home, Krystal needs to get some sleep, would you like to join us?” that was Yunho who just arrived to the hallway, supporting weak Krystal.

“Uhm, I think I should stay till BoA’s surgery is over,” she said, looking at Yuri.

Yuri wiped away tears and looked at Jessica all serious. “No… could you please go check on Taeyeon, Tiffany and Hyoyeon? Just… make sure they are fine? Could you do this for me?”

Jessica nodded. “Of course. Should I text you then?”

Yuri shook her head. “Just in case something happened, okay?”

“Okay,” Jessica nodded. She briefly hugged Yuri and tiptoed, so she could kiss the top of her head. ”Be safe, will you?”

“I will,” Yuri promised with a weak smile.

“Okay…”

“Okay…”

It took around ten minutes for Jessica to get into the museum. She had to knock on the fingerprint door, since her fingerprints weren’t in the database yet, unlike Taeyeon’s and Tiffany’s. BoA put their fingerprints into the database just two days ago, so they could freely leave and then come back.

BoA… poor girl… Jessica just hoped she would be fine, she was a great leader and it would be horrible if she… No. Impossible.

Jessica felt her heart skipping a beat, when Tiffany opened the door, tears forming in her eyes.

“W-what happened?” Jessica stuttered.

Tiffany blinked a few times and the tears were gone in a second. “Well…” Tiffany started slowly. “She… Taeyeon… It’s killing me… take a look yourself,” she said, inviting Jessica in.

Jessica entered and saw Taeyeon, sitting on the couch, crying, hugging her knees.

“What is wrong?” she asked, sitting next to Taeyeon, putting her hand on the crying girl’s shoulder.

“It’s my fault,” Taeyeon just sobbed and continued to cry.

“What?” Jessica asked, confused. “How is this your fault?”

“It’s my stupid mistake… I went to the forest… If I didn’t, you wouldn’t come to rescue me and this wouldn’t have happened!” Taeyeon explained, her voice cracking a few times.

“No, no, no, you shouldn’t blame yourself, it’s Minho’s fault… and even Jiyong is more at fault than you,” Jessica tried to help.

Taeyeon just shook her head and continued to quietly cry.

Tiffany sighed. “I don’t know what to do,” she said, looking at Jessica and Jessica just shrugged.

“Hey, I have this question…” Jessica started slowly.

“Yes? You can ask me anything, you know… after all, we are family,” Tiffany smiled sadly.

“Uhm… Hyoyeon isn’t here?”

“No,” Tiffany said, kind of surprised. “She wished to go to her dorm, she was really stressed and tired, she said she wants to be alone and rest.”

“Ah… I see… well, that wasn’t the question,” Jessica said.

“Yeah, I was wondering… so?”

“Well, I was wondering… when we were looking for Taeyeon… why didn’t you use the connection between the two of you?”

“Ah…” Tiffany sighed. “I don’t fully understand the connection yet, but it seems like we have to think of each other at the same time. I felt her presence, but I couldn’t tell where she was, because she was very upset and wasn’t thinking about me I think. I’m not sure. This connection thingy is completely new to me, I’ve never seen or heard about anything like this before. I have no idea why we have it or how it works,” she explained quietly, looking at Taeyeon who seemed to be too busy crying to listen.

Jessica nodded, acknowledging and smiled a bit sadly.

Suddenly Taeyeon’s phone rang. Taeyeon completely, completely ignored it, so Jessica answered it.

“Kim Taeyeon’s phone, Jessica Jung speaking” she announced coldly.

“This is Seohyun. I have some bad news… BoA unnie… she didn’t make it.”

Jessica’s face turned dangerously pale.

“Oh my god,” she gasped. She looked at Taeyeon. “Oh my god…”

Tiffany’s eyes widened as she quickly put one and one together. She gasped and covered with her hand.

Taeyeon looked up. She looked at Tiffany, then at Jessica and then back as Tiffany. She gasped as well. And then she broke down. She started to cry uncontrollably. BoA was gone.

 

 

 

On the other side of the city, in the hospital, two girls, who looked kind of alike fell on their knees, crying their eyes out.

“No… Seohyun-ah… you can’t be serious… no… no…”

The other girl just shook her head, not believing the young doctor’s words.

“I’m… sorry…” Seohyun mumbled. “We… I’m sorry…”

 

 

A/N: So indeed, somebody died.... and it was BoA. :(

I still hope you guys enjoyed this chapter and I hope it wasn't very confusing :)

Thanks for reading & commenting! Love you ^^