Ch.31 - Date

Prey

“Are you sure this is a good idea?” Taeyeon asked as she was standing at the edge of the bed.

Tiffany shortly hesitated before nodding. “It is a good way how to check the progress.”

“What if I kill myself?”

“You won’t, I will catch you. I’m fast enough.”

Taeyeon was supposed to jump off the bed on the chair that was situated like a meter away.

“Okay,” Taeyeon nodded. She took a deep breath. The chair seemed so far away even though it really wasn’t.

She gulped, closed her eyes for a second and jumped. And… she landed really well.

“Wow!” she clasped her hands in relieve and amazement as she steadily stood on the chair.

Tiffany smiled.

“I indeed am getting less and less clumsy, you were right,” Taeyeon said in disbelieve.

Tiffany nodded. “It’s the vampire in you doing it… I just hope it won’t go too far,” she added, suddenly all serious.

Taeyeon sighed. “We will see, I guess.”

“I have...” Tiffany took a bag from under the bed and took out a bottle with dark red liquid.

Taeyeon gulped. “You want me to drink it?”

Tiffany shrugged. “Bad idea, I think, but I would lie if I said I wasn’t curious.”

“Remember what happened last time?” Taeyeon asked.

Tiffany nodded. “I do.”

“Well, I don’t, so… it scares me a bit.”

“Don’t worry, I can protect myself and I highly doubt it would have some different effects this time. Try to just a little bit.”

Tiffany opened the bottle and dipped her finger in it.

“You want me to your finger?” Taeyeon asked, confused.

“Yeah, I’m sorry, is it weird?”

Taeyeon just chuckled. “Nah, don’t worry, I don’t mind a bit of kinkiness.”

“What?” Tiffany questioned, puzzled, but Taeyeon just her finger. She tasted the well-known iron taste. She rolled her tongue and started to salivate a bit, so she gulped.

“How are you feeling so far?” Tiffany asked after a few seconds of silence.

“Nothing. So far I’m feeling the same,” Taeyeon said slowly. “My body is… getting warmer though. I feel warm.”

Tiffany grabbed Taeyeon’s hand. “And your skin in getting colder, interesting.”

Taeyeon felt herself caressing Tiffany’s hand. “U-oh, I think it’s here,” she said as she realized what she was doing.

“How are you feeling?”

“,” Taeyeon said.

“O-okay?” Tiffany stuttered. “But you’re with me right? You know what I’m saying.”

Taeyeon nodded. “I’m still myself, I think. I didn’t lose it yet. Though I would like to. But I’m resisting.”

 “Can you fight it?”

“Mhmm….” Taeyeon’s eyes turned a bit blank for a second as she leaned in to kiss Tiffany.

“Okayyy…. I guess not really,” Tiffany whispered to herself and extended her hand to keep at least some distance between them.

“Taeyeon, control yourself!” Tiffany said loudly and firmly as she felt Taeyeon getting stronger. “Taeyeon!”

Taeyeon managed to push Tiffany’s hand away and press her to the wall.

“This ain’t right!” Tiffany protested, but Taeyeon kissed her. “UNPPHHFF!”

Tiffany pushed Taeyeon away as quickly as possible and she finally succeeded.

“Kim Taeyeon!”

Taeyeon stared at her, blankly. She blinked a few times.

“Are you back?” Tiffany asked slowly.

Taeyeon didn’t answer, just frowned a bit, looking kind of lost.

Then suddenly the door opened without knocking.

“YURI IS GONE!”

 

 

Yuri thought she would have to wait forever for Jessica to fall asleep. It took just an hour or so, but to Yuri it seemed like forever. She was burning inside. Burning for revenge. But she knew they wouldn’t change their mind without a plan. And when she forced herself to think, she had to admit that they could be a bit right. Okay, fine, they were completely right. But Yuri hated to admit it. And she hated waiting. She just hated the whole doing nothing thingy.

“Sica? Baby?” she whispered gently into Jessica’s ear, trying to find out if she’s asleep.

Jessica just mumbled something incoherent.

Yuri smiled a bit and pecked Jessica’s forehead as she carefully got out of her girlfriend’s arms and then also out of the bed. She let out an inaudible sigh as she tiptoed out of the room.

You want a plan? I’m gonna give it to you…

 

 

The sentence that came out of Jessica’s mouth immediately got Taeyeon out of her weird trance.

“What?” she and Tiffany said at the same time.

“You’re back?” Tiffany asked, glancing at Taeyeon for a second.

Taeyeon just nodded.

Then they looked at Jessica again and repeated: “What?!”

“I-I don’t know,” Jessica stuttered. “I fell asleep for a few minutes and when I woke up, she was gone… I only found this in the living room,” she said, holding a piece of paper.

Taeyeon and Tiffany both rushed to the poor girl and looked at the note.

You’re gonna have your plan. I’ll be back.

“Huh???” Tiffany just uttered, confused and Taeyeon looked puzzled as well.

Jessica just hopelessly sighed. “I have no idea. But I know she did something very stupid. Aish, Kwon Yuriiii…. I’m gonna kill you once I find you! Ugh!” she added, really frustrated.

“It’s gonna be fine, we’re gonna find her,” Tiffany reassured.

Taeyeon reminded quiet for the whole time, she seemed a bit off.

“Yeah…” Jessica breathed out. “And what’s wrong with you two, or… more like… her?” she asked then, pointing at Taeyeon.

Tiffany just shrugged. “Taeyeon?”

Taeyeon slowly shook her head. “I’m feeling weird.”

“Yeah, well, you just tasted human blood and tried to me, but you snapped out of it pretty quickly, I consider this as a success. I didn’t have to knock you down with a steel bar this time.”

“I can feel energy running through my veins, it’s… I don’t know… weird. Like electricity,” Taeyeon answered quietly.

Tiffany frowned. “Hit my hand,” she ordered, extending her arm.

“What?”

“Just try to push it away.”

“Okay,” Taeyeon shrugged and with a one swift moment she pushed Tiffany’s hand away without feeling any resistance.

“O-okay…”

“What?”

“You weren’t supposed to be able to do this. You got stronger. Much stronger. Must be the human blood in your system.”

“I’m still here, you know, and I am confused and worried and upset and I don’t know what else, I just wanna go find Yuri right now,” Jessica interrupted their talking.

Tiffany looked at Taeyeon, Taeyeon looked at Jessica, then at Tiffany, then Tiffany looked at Jessica.

“What are we going to do?” Taeyeon asked.

“She must have gone to the forest, we need follow her,” Jessica said.

“We? The three of us?”

Jessica nodded. “There’s nobody else around…”

“Is this a good idea?” Tiffany hesitated.

“Well, do you have any better?”

Tiffany shook her head.

“We should try to call Yoona, she went to take a stroll with Seohyun,” Taeyeon said, taking out her cellphone. Jessica nodded.

The phone beeped. Unreachable. “Her phone is off,” Taeyeon announced. “Or maybe it’s just the signal again.”

“We shouldn’t wait.”

Taeyeon nodded. “Yeah, I guess so…”

 

 

“Do you think it’s a good idea to leave your phone off?” Seohyun asked as she and Yoona were walking down the alley. It was dark outside, completely quiet, except for a dog barking somewhere far away. They were holding hands and Yoona was in seventh heaven.

“It’s just for a while, I believe nothing can happen in that one hour or so,” Yoona smiled.

Seohyun smiled too. “Okay,” she said.

“Okay.”

“Is it a weird thing to say I wanna get to know you better?” Seohyun asked.

Yoona giggled. “No, why would it be?”

“I don’t know, it feels weird to me, I’ve never felt this kind of feeling before,” she shrugged.

Yoona rolled her eyes. “You, Tiffany… is every vampire this… weird when it comes to relationships? And feelings in general?”

“What do you mean?” Seohyun questioned and stopped walking.

“Well…” Yoona stopped too and held both Seohyun’s hands. “You seem very… inexperienced.”

“We are,” Seohyun said. “We were always taught that emotional attachments are bad, no matter if it’s love or hate. They always told us to be cold and emotionless. It’s weird to suddenly discover this new side of us after so many years without feeling anything strong. Or I don’t know… maybe what I’m feeling right now is not strong, but it’s definitely strong compared to all of my previous feelings. It’s just weird.”

“Does it scare you?” Yoona asked gently, looking into the other girl’s eyes, softly rubbing her hands with thumbs.

Seohyun just shrugged and sighed. “I don’t know, maybe. I’m not used to this.”

Yoona just kept smiling, let go of Seohyun’s right hand and touched her shoulder and brushed Seohyun’s hair away before touching her cheek.

Seohyun gulped. Yoona just kept quietly staring at her. “Would it mess you up even more if I kissed you right now?” she said, leaning forward.

Seohyun didn’t answer, she just bit her lower lip, standing still.

“I’ll take that as no,” Yoona said with a cheeky smile and was about to kiss her but when suddenly Seohyun moved a few centimeters away. She didn’t pull away completely, but the short sign of hesitation was enough for Yoona to stop. She pulled away a bit and cleared .

“No, sorry, I, uh, I didn’t mean to,” Seohyun stuttered as she realized her reaction didn’t make Yoona very happy.

“Mhm?” Yoona mumbled, raising her eyebrows.

“You surprised me, I’ve never… you know… so… I’m kind of…”

“Ah,” Yoona laughed a bit. “Well, you don’t have to worry,” she said.

Seohyun nodded and Yoona leaned in for the second time, this time her lips successfully landed on the latter’s. Yoona sure enjoyed their contact, but she didn’t want to let it last long just in case Seohyun didn’t feel the same, so after a few seconds of a simple peck she wanted to let go. To her surprise she suddenly felt Seohyun’s hand on her shoulder slowly getting closer to the back of her neck. Yoona smiled against Seohyun’s lips and kissed her properly, not just that lame lips on lips pressing. She moved her lips and Seohyun soon caught on and returned the kiss. It wasn’t nothing too passionate, it was a sweet cute little kiss. Eventually they pulled away, smiles on their faces.

“It’s not bad, huh?” Yoona chuckled.

“Yeah,” Seohyun just nodded. Silence filled their surroundings once again. “So… what now?”

“You mean like… what we are or what we are going to do right now?” Yoona questioned.

“Both actually.”

“Well… I think it’s quite safe to say we’re… uhm, I think I should… Seohyun, will you be my girlfriend?” Yoona asked, flashing her best smile, but her cheeks a bit pink as she was kind of shy.

Seohyun smiled. “Yes, I will.”

“Hehe, okay, so, I think it’s safe to say we’re dating now,” Yoona finished what she was about to say earlier.

Seohyun looked down on her shoes. “Okay,” she whispered. “And the other thing?”

“Well, I should check my phone I guess…” Yoona said, taking her cell out of her pocket, pressing the on/off button.

*Beep beep*

*Beep beep*

*Beep beep*

“Oh god, how many messages did you got in that hour?” Seohyun wondered.

Yoona looked surprised, looking at all the incoming texts. They were all from Taeyeon.

She gasped and looked at Seohyun, who seemed a bit scared suddenly. “What is it?”

“Yuri unnie has gone missing…”

 

 

Yoona and Seohyun weren’t the only ones enjoying their little date that night. Though the other couple was much more excited and got somehow adventurous.

“Seriously, stalking is so much fun,” Sunny whispered almost inaudibly. “Though there’s really not enough space here,” she added as she continued kneeling behind a bush.

“Shhh,” Sooyoung uttered. “Be quiet and watch our subject.”

“Why are your legs, so long?” Sunny asked and Sooyoung just glared at her before looking back at the couple they were stalking.

A handsome tall dark haired guy took his girlfriend on a date. She was wearing a school uniform and was obviously very in love with her older boyfriend. She was looking at him like he was some kind of god, while he seemed to be just having fun.

And since Sunny was really interesting in Sooyoung’s research about lying, she convinced the taller girl to show her her techniques.

“Dating couples are the best,” Sooyoung had told her before.

“Should we stalk some?

Sooyoung herself was a very adventurous type so she sure didn’t think twice about Sunny’s suggestion. They ended up going into a park and watching this one random couple being completely lovey-dovey on the bench.

Suddenly, the two lowers stood up and were about to leave. Apparently he had to go the opposite direction, so they were saying goodbye, kissing and stuff.

Sooyoung smiled at Sunny. “So what did you learn from them?”

Sunny shrugged. “She is very infatuated and he seems to like her as well, though not as much as she likes him, but still I don’t see anything wrong with them.”

Sooyoung chuckled. “Oh, Sunny Bunny, you still have so many things to learn. He’s a cheating bastard who has a wife and a son.”

“What?” Sunny wondered. “How did you know?”

“He kept touching his left ring finger. You know that feeling when you are used to wearing some kind of accessory nonstop and suddenly, you don’t have it? That weird feeling like something is missing? He took off his wedding ring. When he took out his cellphone and she asked about the boy on the screen, he touched the back of his neck before he said it was his little brother, which means he lied. He only wants from the poor girl,” Sooyoung explained.

“How do you know?” Sunny kept asking, amazing but also kind of scared by Sooyoung’s skill.

“I saw a corner of a package peeking out of his pocket.”

Sunny exhaled in disbelieve. “Seriously…” she said and wanted to stand up, but since she had been kneeling for a long time, she got a cramp and lost her balance.

“OUCH!” she shrieked semi-loudly as she fell right at the top of Sooyoung.

“Who’s there?” a man voice suddenly asked. It was the guy they were stalking.

“They’re still here?” Sunny asked, desperate, looking into Sooyoung’s eyes, still on top of her.

“Aishh, seriously…” Sooyoung uttered and gently pushed Sunny away before standing up, fixing her messed up clothes and hair.

“Seriously, who’s there?” the man repeated bravely.

“We’re nobody,” Sunny said loudly as she stood up too. “We’re just…”

“We’re here on a date,” Sooyoung interrupted Sunny, grabbed her hand, pulled her out of the bush and flashed her best smile on the guy. The girl was nowhere to be seen, she probably already left.

“You’re a couple?” he asked suspiciously.

“Yes,” Sooyoung nodded eagerly and quickly pecked Sunny’s cheek. “She’s my little Bunny, isn’t she adorable? We were in the bush because we were just about to… you know?” she said after that with a naughty expression, making Sunny blush really very very hard.

The guy looked uncomfortable, so he just raised his eyebrows before he walked away.

“Phewww, that was close,” Sooyoung mumbled and then she laughed. “But it was fun, wasn’t it?”

Sunny, still red as a tomato, just nodded. “Yeah, I guess so. Heh. Uhm… You can let go of my hand now.”

Sooyoung looked at their intertwined fingers. “I don’t wanna,” she said mischievously. “Let’s go take a walk.”

 

 

A/N: Don't worry about Yuri :P She knows what she's doing.... okay, maybe she doesn't, but still.... uhm, that doesn't make too much sense, I need to shut up xD

Thank you a looot for reading & the comments :) Love you~

(P.S.: This story is about to end soon, but I have good news for those who are interested in my stories - I'm not gonna stop writing, I already have another story in my mind... and it's gonna be completely different from this one ^^)