Ch.20 - Bear

Prey

Sunny felt her cell phone vibrating, but knowing it would be highly inappropriate to take it out now, she ignored it as she put on her best smiled and greeted the two girls who just arrived.

“Hello,” she said politely.

“Hi,” Sooyoung answered and the gorgeous blonde girl next to her nodded her head. “This is Hyoyeon. Hyoyeon, Sunny.”

“Hello,” Sunny repeated with a warm smile.

“Nice to… meet you,” Hyoyeon mumbled. She looked a bit nervous and uncomfortable, but was obviously trying hard.

“No worries, I’m fine with everything,” Sunny laughed cheerfully, trying to brighten up the mood a bit. “Let’s sit down and order some drinks.”

Sooyoung nodded. “Yep, and food.”

“And food,” Sunny repeated, her eyes now focused on Hyoyeon. “Please, don’t feel uncomfortable. Don’t take this as some kind of interrogation, just tell me something about you and maybe I will be able to help you.”

“Ask me anything,” Hyoyeon said with a blank expression. Sunny noticed she looked really tired.

“First of all, could I see your wrist? You have a mark there, don’t you?”

Hyoyeon nodded, obviously a bit surprised. She extended her hand, showing her scar to Sunny. Sunny mumbled something incoherent and frowned as she slowly nodded.

“What is it?” Sooyoung asked.

“It’s a… fox,” Sunny said as she looked back up.

“And?”

“You’re from the family of vampires who called themselves Fox clan.”

“Wait, called?” Hyoyeon wondered.

“Yeah… you’re an orphan?”

Hyoyeon nodded. “I was adopted.”

“My friend, Taeyeon, is from the same clan. You are supposed to be dead. She was supposed to be the only one left. Oh my gosh, you must be related!” Sunny shrieked a bit too much loudly as she put one and one together. “I gotta text her.”

Sunny took out her cell phone and remembered the text she had got a few moments ago.

It was from Taeyeon.

“Lee Sunkyu! Don’t hang up on me like that! There is a really high possibility that the girl is my sister!”

Sunny almost dropped her phone in shock.

“What is going on?” Sooyoung asked. Sunny didn’t say a word, she just passed her phone to the other two girls so they could read it themselves.

“Oh my gosh…” Sunny uttered then. “Kim Taeyeon… you really need to keep me more updated.”

 

 

 

Tiffany was sitting on a curb, just staring on the pinkish wall in front of her. She heard steps, but she ignored them. She was too fascinated by the pink wall. It was calming her down, she couldn’t tell why. She only stopped focusing on it when she felt a head on her shoulder.

“Miss, you can’t be here.” It was obviously a security guy. He was like twice bigger than Tiffany, but Tiffany didn’t even move.

“I’m not doing anything, why can’t I just stay here?” she asked quietly.

“Seriously, Miss, I’m sorry, but you have to leave. Immediately.”

“I will leave… later.”

“Miss, don’t make me carry you out by force,” he said.

Tiffany stood up and he withdrew his hand from her shoulder. “Seriously, sir, I am not in a good mood. Leave me alone.”

“I’m sorry, we don’t tolerate homeless people here,” he said as he grabbed her arm.

“Leave me… alone. Last warning,” Tiffany said, her voice still quiet, but it sounded more like a growling. She was a wolf after all. Well, kind of.”

“That’s it, come with me, Miss,” he said as he tried to pull her. He was obviously surprised when she didn’t even flinch. She didn’t move at all, even though he tried to pull her. He gasped. He sure didn’t expect her being so strong. He tried to pull again.

Tiffany slowly turned her head and looked at him. She just blankly blinked once or twice and then… she broke his neck. His head immediately fell, he was dead. Tiffany held him, so he wouldn’t fall on the ground, she didn’t even regret her doing. She touched her right hip, looking for her dagger. She let out a muffled frustrated groan as she realized she left it at the museum. She needs to feed herself and she has no sharp weapon. It was time to use her teeth…

 

 

 

Krystal really hated to admit it, but her knees were totally shaking when she was staring right into Siwon’s black eyes. She was trying hard to look confident and not to waver in the slightest way possible. She was holding an old, but shiny gold sword. “So?” she asked after a few seconds of silence. “What do you say? This beauty for the girl? I know you want this,” she said calmly.

Siwon sure looked tempted. He was obviously thinking about the offer. But he was also obviously hesitating, so Krystal continued. “Look, you don’t need the girl, she is nothing to the girl you want dead. On the other hand this sword… I think it might be a great piece to your collection of vampire relics.” The Jung were sure Siwon would agree to this offer, simply because he had this weird obsession with collection old vampire relics and he wanted this sword since forever. The sword was said to be a property of the original vampire Choi himself. It was just a legend, but Siwon had always believed in those old stories and rumors. The Jungs got this sword by a coincidence a few decades ago and now they’ve decided to finally make some good use of it. Yes, the sword was definitely something unusual, but the Jung didn’t really need it.

“Fine!” Siwon barked then and slowly took the sword from Krystal’s hands. A wicked smirk of satisfaction crossed his face for a second. “MINHO!” he yelled then so loudly, Krystal almost took a step backwards. “Bring the girl!” he yelled then, not as loud as before but still loud enough. They waited in a complete silence. Siwon was too immersed into examining and admiring every single inch of the gold sword, while Krystal was just standing there, hoping everything would turn out well.

The door opened like a minute or two later, but nobody entered. Only a poor dirty semi-unconscious girl was literally thrown into the room.

“Whatever,” they heard Minho’s angry voice before he left.

“He’s upset because I took away his toy, what a kid,” Siwon laughed. Krystal on the other hand didn’t find it funny at all. She was clumsily trying to help Sunye get on her feet, but she was failing., because her eyes were still fixed on Siwon only. She knew better than turning her back to him. After a minute or two she finally managed to piggyback the messed up girl. Then she bowed her head once, still looking at Siwon. “Nice dealing with you,” she said and left as quickly as possible.

 

 

 

Yoona was lying in the bed, staring at the clock like every five seconds. She was bored and it was evening, so she wanted to sleep, but for some reason, she couldn’t make herself to do so. Her body wasn’t feeling drowsy at all. It was just 8AM and the sun just was about to set.

She felt like the time was flowing somehow slower than usually. If only I had a roommate, she thought. Just when the thought about some companion crossed her mind, the door opened and the person who entered the room was no other than Seohyun.

“Seohyun-ah! Hi!” she greeted enthusiastically as soon as she looked at her. “What’s up?” she asked then, slightly frowning as she noticed Seohyun’s serious expression. “Something bad happened?”

Seohyun just shrugged. “I’m not really sure yet, it’s just… there is this man, he came to this hospital and he’s asking about Min Sunye’s whereabouts.”

“Wait, are you sure? Min Sunye?” Yoona asked, surprised.

“Yes, he said she might have applied for a job here and he wanted to know if it really happened. Which actually did.”

“That makes sense,” Yoona said after a moment. “But who is he? And why is he looking for her?”

“Yeah, unnie, that’s the most interesting part actually. He says his name is James Park and… he’s her husband.”

 

 

 

Tiffany sighed. She was having a huge crisis, she just wanted to kill herself. Really. After she fed, she calmed down a bit and the guilt immediately took her. She regretted everything. She’s so stupid! She killed an innocent person! She hated that feeling. Yes, she killed before, but it was never an innocent person. Never. And she regretted not only killing the poor guy, but also leaving his body there. In a public place. Stupid mistake, but she was too upset at the moment. She needed to wait a few more minutes there until the sun set and then she ran away into a nearby forest. She ran for some time, looking for some shelter and suddenly she found some old abandoned building. It was more like some cabin, maybe a gamekeeper’s lodge but it was enough for her. The place seemed to be safe. Or at least that’s what she thought until like five seconds later when she heard some weird noises from the outside. She could swear she heard voices. She sneakily looked out of the window and spotted five silhouettes on the path nearby. She couldn’t see them well at first, but they were coming a bit closer, so she soon got a better view. They were dressed in black and she couldn’t see their faces clearly. It seemed like they had them covered with some kind of mask too. She kept watching them. Every single one of them had a sword. Tiffany gulped. She couldn’t tell if these people are humans or some supernatural beings. She wouldn’t put much money on the first option though. Humans don’t go around woods with swords nowadays. But they can’t be vampires, there’s only Wolf clan left and she knows every member… She quickly hid when she noticed one of them was staring her direction. Tiffany wouldn’t like confrontation with five big and probably strong and capable… somebodies. Especially since she didn’t have any weapon. That hard. She didn’t dare to look out of the window for several minutes. When she took a look again, the people were gone. She bit her lower lip and frowned. Who the hell are they?

 

 

 

“Wow, this department store has actually two floors of a parking lot,” Taeyeon breathed out.

“You’ve never been here?” BoA asked, chuckling a bit.

“I have, but never in the underground. Why would I, since I have no car,” Taeyeon answered. She then took out her phone and checked it.

“If they had found her they would have let us know immediately, no need to check your phone every five seconds,” BoA said as she noticed Taeyeon’s doing.

Taeyeon hid the phone back into her pocket, embarrassed. “I know,” she mumbled.

“Hey, look over there, what is going on?” BoA suddenly said as she noticed a crowd of people standing nearby.

The two girls joined the crowd and were shocked to see a body of a man lying in a blood puddle. He was obviously dead. His neck was a mess. There was a doctor, but he wasn’t doing anything. He couldn’t make him come back to life.

“What happened here?” BoA asked, looking at the doctor.

“He was attacked by some animal,” the doctor said. “It’s a complete mystery for me, I don’t understand how this could have happen. I’m just waiting for police to arrive.” Then he looked around. “People, please, leave this place as soon as possible, it’s not safe here,” he added then.

BoA bit her lower lip and looked at Taeyeon, worried. Taeyeon had similar expression on her face, but she was worried even more. “Tiffany,” she whispered and BoA just nodded before she looked at the doctor again.

“How long is it since the attack?” she asked then.

“I’m not sure, but an hour or two max. Wait, who are you?” he said then when he realized he’s talking to some completely random person.

“Ah, nobody, nobody,” BoA said, grabbed Taeyeon’s wrist and pulled her out. Taeyeon didn’t resist, she just lifelessly followed. “Tiffany was here an hour or two ago, we have to find her, she must be close.”

Taeyeon just nodded.

“Hey, are you okay?” BoA asked, slightly shaking the other girl.

Taeyeon nodded again. “Yeah, it’s just… I’m a bit shocked to see Tiffany actually killed somebody.”

“It’s her instinct, you can’t really blame her,” BoA whispered. “But she must have been really upset.”

“What makes you think so?”

“Seeing she left the body here just like that… vampires don’t do that, they never risk getting exposed,” BoA explained. “There are three options. She could have gotten caught and was forced to run away or maybe she just didn’t care or… she was too upset to think straight.”

“I sincerely hope she was upset,” Taeyeon whispered.

BoA just slightly nodded. “Now let’s leave this place. We have to find her, she must be somewhere around… I really wonder how Yuri and Jessica are doing…”

 

 

 

Yuri and Jessica were doing not so well. They were walking around a forest. They didn’t dare to walk deep inside, because it was already dark and god knows what might be in there, but walking around near the city won’t hurt. Or at least that’s what they thought.

“Are you feeling as anxious as I am? This forest is giving me a weird vibe,” Jessica whispered, shivering. She held her sword up, ready to use it if anything happened.

Yuri gulped and held her sword high too. “Yeah, I feel uneasy,” she nodded. “But we’re strong as individuals, we’re even stronger together, we don’t have to be afraid,” she continued, trying to calm Jessica down. And herself too after all. They were surrounded by deep silence and darkness. As vampire slayers, they had sharper senses than normal people, so they weren’t too bothered by it. But both of them were deep inside realizing that vampire’s senses are even better than theirs.

Suddenly, Jessica quickly turned around, swaying her sword around. “You heard that?” she asked, slightly panicking.

Yuri frowned. “I heard nothing, I think you are getting paranoid. Be careful with the sword, I didn’t give it back to you to kill me.”

“Yeah… I probably am, sorry,” Jessica whispered, lowering her sword a bit, but her heart still beating really fast.

They kept walking in a complete silence. Then Jessica heard it again. “Yuri! I’m not paranoid! I swear I-”

“I know, I heard it too,” Yuri whispered sharply, interrupting her, looking around.

”YURI!!!” Jessica suddenly shrieked. Yuri turned around, looking Jessica’s direction. There was a big man standing in front of her, holding a green dagger. “A vampire,” she added.

“Duh,” Yuri said.

The man attacked them. He wasn’t that fast, but he sure was strong. That’s what Jessica could feel when he grabbed her neck and was about to cut . She was panting, obviously choking. She dropped her sword and put her hands on the vampire’s. His hand was huge, almost like a paw. Yuri didn’t have any time to think, she needed to make a decision right now. She swung her sword, not really aiming anywhere and hit the huge vampire’s back. He groaned and let go of Jessica, now focused on Yuri. Jessica immediately fell on her knees, holding her neck, still panting.

“He doesn’t seem to be smart,” Yuri stated quietly. “But he sure is huge.” She swung her sword, aiming for his neck. She was more than shocked when he blocked it with his dagger. Dagger! What is a dagger next to a sword? Yuri gasped and her eyes widened at the enormous resistance. He was really strong. Very strong. He pushed her sword away and Yuri lost balance. She tripped over some stupid root or rock, she didn’t know and she didn’t care, and fell on her . She hissed and tried to stand up, but the vampire was already holding her neck. Yuri tried to resist, but she stood no chance against his grip. It was just too tight.

“Je-Jessica!” she yelped as she felt him putting his dagger on her neck. She was looking right into his ugly face. This guy sure was repugnant. He was hairy, greasy and he smelled bad. Yuri needed help, but she couldn’t see Jessica. “Sica!” she shrieked again. “Aaaaaah!!!!” He already cut a bit, but then he suddenly stopped and quickly turned around.

Yuri quickly checked her neck, it wasn’t bleeding a lot, she will survive it. Then she looked up, only to see the vampire getting stabbed by Jessica’s sword. His body fell on the ground accompanied by a loud boom. He didn’t utter a word. But Yuri heard some weird noises. Soft ones. Her eyes immediately looked for Jessica.

“Oh my gosh, are you okay, Sica?” she asked quickly, totally worried as she crawled to the other girl, who was sitting on the ground.

“I don’t know…” Jessica whimpered and looked at Yuri, tears burning in her eyes, then she looked at her leg.

Yuri looked at it as well and spotted a lot of blood. Jessica’s pants were already soaked with that dark red liquid smelling like an iron. “Oh my gosh!” she quickly examined the leg, looking for the wound. “I… I have to roll up your trousers, it will hurt,” she said then, biting her lip apologetically.

Jessica nodded, closing her eyes firmly.

Yuri was slowly revealing Jessica’s wound. Before she killed the vampire, he managed to cut her right shin and calf. And it was bleeding a lot, he probably hit her tibial artery. “Oh my gosh…” Yuri mumbled, her hands completely covered with blood.

Jessica kept breathing heavily, but remained quiet. It sure must have hurt like hell. The wound was quite deep and almost twenty centimeters long. More blood kept oozing out of it.

“Oh my gosh, Yuri, what to do?” Yuri kept talking to herself. She then took of her hoodie and covered the wound with it, tying the sleeves above the wound tightly and then covered the injury with the rest of it. “I’m pretty sure this won’t stop the bleeding though. Gosh, Sica… I’m so sorry…”

Jessica let out a bitter laugh. “Why are you sorry?”

“It happened because of me, all of this happened because of me, I should have told you to run and not to help me.”

“Shut up, Kwon Yuri, you know I wouldn’t let you die here, so stop making yourself look like a martyr.”

Yuri looked into Jessica’s eyes in disbelieve. Jessica was incredibly pale, sweaty, dirty, her face covered with blood as she touched it with her bloody hands, she was even tearing up, but she still knew how to keep her always-irritated image. “We… we need to get out of here. If there’s more of them, your blood will lure them,” Yuri then said. “I-I will carry you, come on,” she said then, showing Jessica to get on her back.

“Wait,” Jessica stopped her and pointed at the dead vampire.

“What is it?”

“Check his wrist. Check his scar,” Jessica ordered and Yuri immediately obeyed as she realized it’s a great idea. She couldn’t believe Jessica could still think straight. Her leg must have hurt like crazy yet she seemed to be much calmer than Yuri.

Yuri frowned at the mark.

“What do you see? Is it wolf?”

Yuri slowly shook her head. “No… it’s a bear.”

 

 

 

A/N: Wooo! Updated :P Well... In the next chapter, you can expect some YulSic aaand... mhm... maybe some hint of TaeNy?

Thanks for reading & for your lovely comments!! Love you all! *bows*