Ch.18 - Explosion

Prey

“What are we going to do? What are we going to do? What are we going to do?!”

“I don’t know, I don’t know, I don’t know! And now shut up and sit down!” Yuri yelled at Taeyeon. She just informed everybody (that includes Taeyeon, Tiffany and BoA, Yoona was in the hospital of course and Jiyong… probably gone missing) about Sunye and Taeyeon was going a bit crazy. Or maybe a lot. The information made her upset and Yuri was trying to calm her down. BoA left a few moments ago saying she needs to inform the Jungs. Yuri said she would do it, because she apparently has some friend there, but BoA said she should deal with it herself as the head of the Kwons.

Tiffany was sitting on the bed, watching Taeyeon with an upset expression. Tiffany hated seeing Taeyeon so worried and she hated that it was about Sunye. She was trying to understand but she couldn’t. She knew she had to deal with it somehow. Sunye was an important part of Taeyeon’s life, she needs to understand. Tiffany started to bite her lower lip. She hated this new feeling she was experiencing. She had no idea she could feel this… hate, yes it was almost hate, towards somebody who she haven’t even met yet. Seeing Taeyeon acting like this made her chest hurt. What the heck, why would my chest hurt? she thought. She gulped and watched Taeyeon finally sit down. The short girl still looked anxious.

“We have to do something,” she said then, trying to sound as calm as possible.

“BoA unnie will deal with it,” Yuri said. “No worries, Sunye will be fine.”

“I highly hope so,” Taeyeon answered harshly.

Tiffany wasn’t sure if she can handle it for any longer. She wasn’t sure how this new feeling would make her react. She was afraid she could explode and do something stupid she would regret later. She didn’t want to do it, but she was quite unpredictable at the moment. Maybe it was the vampire instinct. She wanted to run away. But she couldn’t. Daylight, duh. She would have to wait for a few more hours. She just has to endure it. There was another reason why she couldn’t just run away. Taeyeon. Yes, it hurts, but she just can’t leave. She has to deal with it somehow. She closed her eyes and tried to clean her mind. She wanted it to go completely blank, which unfortunately wasn’t possible. She was really glad Taeyeon had stopped talking. And so did Yuri. Tiffany knew she wouldn’t be able to handle any more whining about the poor Sunye. She froze a bit. Why so sarcastic? Sunye did nothing wrong, yet she was suffering as hell at the moment. Tiffany knew Sunye didn’t deserve it and she should feel sorry for the unlucky girl. But she just couldn’t. She was slowly getting back to her original state. Except for the annoying stinging pain on her chest. She was still really satisfied with herself. Siwon used to scold her for letting her emotions out easily. If only he saw her now. Nobody in the room seemed to notice how close she was to losing it all and emotionally exploding. Which was great  But on the other hand… The fact that she was about to explode for real wasn’t great at all…

 

 

Yoona was lying in the bed, just staring at the ceiling. She had woken up a few hours ago and she felt really really bad. But it was definitely better than before the surgery. She was just quietly waiting for somebody to come. She was alone in the room, so it was getting really boring. Finally, after many hours, the door opened and to Yoona’s both pleasure and displeasure, Seohyun entered the room. Yoona was happy to see her, but as always, she was really embarrassed about her current state. Why does Seohyun always have to see me in such a… vulnerable moment? For example now she felt like throwing up. Again. She desperately exhaled when she remembered what happened last time she saw the doctor girl.

“Feeling better, Yoona-sshi?” Seohyun asked in a light tone.

“I can manage,” Yoona smirked playfully, but her pale face was betraying her.

“It’s completely normal to feel sick after the surgery, don’t worry,” Seohyun smiled.

Yoona nodded. “Great.”

Seohyun chuckled. “Should I give you some painkillers? Though I shouldn’t really give you any more medicine after the surgery.”

Yoona shook her head. “Nah, I’m okay. I’m a big girl already, I can make it without the chemistry.”

Seohyun just shrugged. “Okay. Feel free to tell me if you need anything. Do you have questions?”

“Mhm, yes. When can I go home?”

“You should be getting released in three days,” Seohyun said with a smile. “Any more questions?”

“No,” Yoona breathed out. Seohyun bowed her head and was about to leave, when suddenly Yoona’s voice stopped her. “I’m sorry!” she yelped.

Seohyun turned around and looked at the patient, all surprised. “Why would you be sorry, Yoona-sshi?”

“I… don’t know?” Yoona hesitated. “I guess I’m sorry that you always have to see me like… this? And I’m sorry for barfing all over you main hall before.”

“That’s completely fine, Yoona-sshi, you were sick, it’s understandable.”

“And… one more thing,” Yoona said a bit shyly.

“Yes? What is it?” Seohyun asked kindly.

“Well, couldn’t we drop the formal language? I don’t like all those honorifics. The ‘sshi’ part when you say my name… I would be more comfortable with just Yoona.”

Seohyun didn’t seem to like the suggestion and her expression crushed Yoona’s entire hope of getting any closer to this special vampire girl.

“I… don’t like using banmal (informal talk) with people older than I am,” Seohyun said eventually. But seeing the disappointed look  in Yoona’s eyes made her feel somehow bad, so she quickly came up with an alternative solution. “But what about unnie? That was you can use banmal and I can still use the honorifics and it will be completely normal,” she suggested.

Yoona’s face visibly brightened. “Okay, we can go with that, Seohyun-ah!” she said, all cheerful. Suddenly she didn’t feel sick at all. She just loved the way it sounded when she said that beautiful name.

Seohyun smiled. “Okay, Yoona unnie,” she said. She kind of liked it too. “I have to go now, so if you excuse me.”

“Okay, take care, Seohyun-ah!” Yoona waved, smiling and feeling simply great. So she still has a hope…

 

 

Tiffany just finished the bottle of blood she had. She hoped it would help her feel a bit better. It didn’t. She was sitting on the floor, watching sleeping Taeyeon. Taeyeon wasn’t sleeping well. She kept making weird sounds, she kept moving and shifting. Tiffany sadly smiled. She felt pretty awful. The depression from earlier returned. And it got worse. She watched Taeyeon tremble and then those weird sounds changes into a clear whining. Tiffany knew she has to endure, because Taeyeon likes her. She said so. So she must be there for her no matter what.

“No… no…” Taeyeon started to sleep-talk. “Tiffany… no…”

Tiffany moved to the bed and while kneeling she held Taeyeon’s hand. “TaeTae…” she whispered.

“Sunye,” Taeyeon said then. Tiffany frowned a bit. Just what exactly was Taeyeon dreaming about? “I love you…” Taeyeon said then. “Sunye… I love you…”

Tiffany let go of Taeyeon’s hand as she abruptly stood up. Her entire body started to hurt like hell. She clenched her fists and gulped. Her head was all dizzy and her chest in pain. She quickly ran out of the room.

She gasped a bit when a figure sitting on the couch surprised her. “Jiyong,” she said, when she realized who it is. She didn’t really mean to sound angry or something, but the way she said his name came out quite sharp. She sure didn’t expect this boy to be here, she had actually seen him only like thrice before. He was pretty good in avoiding her, Tiffany could tell he felt uncomfortable in her presence.

“Oh, you,” he answered coldly, his eyes fixed on the TV screen. He was playing some videogames.

“Open the door for me, will you?” she demanded, not caring at all about being nice or polite. She wasn’t in a mood for that, she just needed a fresh air after days in this underground.

“Why should I? Aren’t you like… hiding here? It’s safe here,” he said, finally looking at her, confused.

“Yes, but I need blood. So unless you wanna give me some of yours, I suggest you opened that stupid door!”

“Okay, okay, geez… no need to so hostile.” Jiyong paused the game he had been playing and stood up to comply the nervous vampire girl. “Here. Go. Bye,” he simply said once he opened the door.

“Thank you,” Tiffany nodded her head, showing some gratefulness. She was realizing she got unbelievably lucky. To escape from the museum she had to jump out of the window. Not that she minded. She still felt like dying. Maybe some fresh blood right from vein will help her calm down. She never cried, yet she felt tears burning in her eyes. She couldn’t explain it, she was confused with herself and she hated it. Her own feelings were betraying her. Her mind was fighting itself. Everything hurt so much… Once she was out, she just ran. She ran far, far away…

 

 

BoA returned to the museum in the early morning when everybody was still sleeping. Except for Jiyong, who was totally into his videogames and ignored not only BoA, but also the girl’s companion. Yes, BoA wasn’t alone.

“Interesting. This is the first time I’ve ever been to another slayers’ place,” Jessica noted as she looked around. “It surely does look different than ours.”

BoA let out a quiet laugh. “You Jungs seem to like pomposity a lot. Well, we prefer simple modern stuff.”

“And swords on the walls,” Jessica added. “I wonder where’s mine.”

“What do you mean by that?”

“Ah, oh… That’s just something between me and Yuri.”

“Ah, right, you told me you two were friends.”

“Well, I’m not sure if we are friends, but we know each other quite well, yes. Is she even here?” she asked then, when she realized except for the subdued volume of the videogame and Jiyong pressing the buttons, it was really quiet in the room. In her home it was always very noisy.

“Yes, she is sleeping. Probably.”

“Yuri’s room?” Jessica suddenly asked and couldn’t suppress a mischievous smile as she pointed at one of the doors.

“Yes,” BoA nodded. “Why?”

“Could I go wake her up? Please?” she said cutely. Sometimes her aegyo just naturally got on the surface, even though most of the time she looked like she didn’t have any.

BoA chuckled. “I don’t care,” she said, shrugging.

Jessica smirked. “Thank you.”

 

 

Yuri was sleeping soundly, not waking up even when the door opened with a quiet crack. She had a really nice dream. And Jessica could see that.

“Why the heck are you puckering your lips? And oh my gosh…” Jessica mumbled as she watched Yuri sleep. “Why would you sleep with your tongue stuck out? That’s just weird. What are you dreaming about girl?”

Jessica looked around the room. It was a simple, but pretty and neat room. There was a mattress on the floor with a blanket. Somebody else was probably sharing this room with Yuri.

“Oh, my sword!” Jessica smiled as she noticed the shining piece of iron. She took it and examined it. “Mhm…” The sword was really shining. Yuri must have cleaned it. Jessica never really cared about her sword being clean or dirty. As long as it was sharp, it didn’t matter to her. She put it back and then returned to Yuri.

She used her pinky to tickle the girl’s face. A wrinkle appeared on Yuri’s forehead and she also scrunched her nose. And she hid her tongue. Jessica smirked. How cute.

Jessica tucked her hair behind her ears and bent down. Since Yuri was lying on her side, her ear was visible. Jessica gently started to blow air into Yuri’s ear.

“Yuri-yaah, wakeyy~” she said sweetly. Getting no reaction from the sleeping girl, she blew some more air into Yuri’s ear.

“Urgh, stop it,” Yuri groaned and turned her face upwards.

Jessica gasped and so did Yuri once she opened her eyes. Their noses touched, that’s how close they were. Jessica immediately pulled away. She gulped and nervously giggled.

“Sica,” Yuri said with a frown.

“You’re still missing the ‘baby’ part,” Jessica said playfully.

“No, I’m not, annoying Jung,” Yuri answered, her voice still a bit hoarse.

“Sorry, let’s go with just Sica then,” Jessica said then, not liking the ‘annoying Jung’ nickname.

“What are you doing here?”

“Don’t you know? Waking you up.”

“BoA unnie went yeste-“

“I know, I know,” Jessica interrupted. “We’re doing everything we can.”

“And why did you come?”

“Well, let’s call this an official visit of an ally.”

“Yeah, but… why you?”

“Coincidence,” Jessica shrugged. “Now get out of bed, you lazy princess.”

Yuri snorted out, but did as Jessica said. Then suddenly another sleepy girl entered the room. Well, she looked wide awake, but her hair was messy and she still had her pajamas on.

Yuri didn’t like the girl’s expression at all.

“What… is going on?” she asked carefully.

“Tiffany is gone!”

 

 

A/N: What about some drama now? Mwahahahahahah *evil laugh*

But you can look forward some YulSic in the next chapter ^^

THank you for the lovely comments!