The Tragedy

220

"Come in," Changmin said when he heard the knock on the door. His secretary, Cho Kyuhyun stepped inside. Changmin gave out a small 'hmm' when Kyuhyun took a chair and sat down. "Why?"

"The ceremony, do you want to attend?" Changmin looked up from his work.

"What ceremony?"

"For the launching of the new weapon technology that Park Group will introduce," Changmin almost forgot about it. He looked at Kyuhyun.

"Yes, about that," he still hadn't decided on whether he wanted to attend the formal ceremony. The last time he went to a Park Group's event, he had basically ruined his best friend's life. He knew it was not professional of him to ask Junsu to leave the company that had been his bowl of rice since he graduated from the university. The company had been on his tail since he left high school but Changmin didn't know why. He had always been wondering of the true reason Junsu was very loyal to the company. "I will go."

"Then, I'll make sure to come too," Changmin looked at him. Kyuhyun rarely follows him and if he did, it would be because of his father. He knew his father had something to do with it. He, unlike Yoochun, didn't need any secretary to follow him around like a puppy.

Oh no, he just compared his dear Junsu to a puppy.

Changmin shook his head. He couldn't let himself thinking too much about Junsu. It wouldn't be healthy. But Junsu honestly had never left his mind. He loved his senior too much to let him ruin his love life.

When Changmin entered the cooking club back during his freshman year in high school, he had thought he would only stay for the sake of delicious food that would be served. He didn't care if he couldn't cook. He cared only for his stomach that always wanted to be filled.

Then he met Junsu, the current member of the cooking club. He looked so gullible even though he was two years senior than Changmin. He cooked for him just because he knew Changmin wanted it. People said, a way to a man's heart was through his stomach, and that was just true for Changmin. He fell in love hopelessly with Junsu. He kept it hidden so painfully inside because he didn't want to scare Junsu away. He never told Junsu how he felt about him up until now.

When he left high school, Changmin couldn't go to school for several days. He hated school without Junsu. He wasn't able to make any new friends in the cooking club and ended up leaving it after a while. He endured high school which was also a pain in the for him because of the undying love of Junsu. He dated a lot of girls but no one made him feel the same way about Junsu. He even asked the girls to cook for him but they never succeeded in winning his heart.

He was lucky Junsu kept in touch with him. Junsu always came by his grandfather's house and they would talk about Junsu's current status as a part time waiter or clerk in any company. He was happy because Junsu had never forgotten about him. He even cooked for him and that was the best part.

But when Junsu told him that he's going to college, he felt his world had fallen apart. It's not because Junsu would leave him solely, it was because the one who would be giving the scholarship to him was Park Group. It was his father's rival company, and when he grows up and inherit it, it would be for him too. He couldn't let Junsu work with his rival, he wouldn't have the heart. Junsu wouldn't understand, he didn't have to face the on-going training that his father made him do.

It was because both of the company specialised in weaponry and war technology, Changmin as the president's son had to endure the training to take part in battles even though he was living with his late grandfather at that time. And on top of that, he was always been fed with the statement he had to defeat Park Group to monopolise the industry. He had to. He couldn't fail.

That's why he felt like falling down when he heard Junsu was going to work in a rival company.

"Boss?" Changmin was quickly returned to reality when Kyuhyun tapped the table between them. Changmin narrowed his eyes. "Are you sure you're okay to go to the ceremony?" Changmin nodded. He had been day dreaming about the good old days again.

It was definitely going to be hazardous towards his health.

***

Changmin strutted forward to the hall after the security had done checking him. He went to the spot that was reserved for him and sat down. It was a very private ceremony and only a few CEO'S were invited. Even though he was, he didn't feel honoured. It was only a game for their company. The others were only for show, and the real player were only these two rival companies. Park Group had always invited representatives from Shim Group just to show off the new technology and to intimidate them. So did Shim Group when a new technology was developed.

Changmin looked around the enormous hall. It was big, but was only occupied by a handful of people. Changmin bit the inside of his cheek. It brought chills to him since he had only been to a few Park Group's events. He was still green, still learning. He was actually a bit uncomfortable being behind the enemy lines, but he could manage. He only could stand it because he remembered Junsu. He must make Junsu leave the company.

He must make Junsu leave Yoochun.

It might sound far-fetched but really he was jealous of the guy. He was jealous because since he worked with Yoochun, he basically had no time for him. It was always about Yoochun, and he didn't even think of treating Junsu nicely. He always argued with Junsu, but still he kept following Yoochun everywhere. It bugged him when he thought Yoochun brought Junsu everywhere.

What did they talk about when they're alone? What did they smile about when they're around only each other? What made Junsu smile and how did Yoochun handle his sorrow?

What if Junsu become my secretary?

The questions had always been inside his head whenever he thought of Park Group.

"Boss," Changmin turned aside, Kyuhyun already sat down beside him. Changmin smiled at him. At least, he had Kyuhyun to keep his feet on the ground again. But still..."You're going to be in the same table with Park Yoochun, the director himself."

"Right." dammit! Changmin gritted his teeth but he couldn't say more. Kyuhyun sat still in his chair as he watched the performance on the stage. The performance was a bit dull and it was just there to fill the time and space. Changmin wasn't even interested to know what they're singing.

Five minutes later, the honourable host arrived. Yoochun came in with Junsu, and they sat just across Changmin. Changmin darted a glance at Junsu and the secretary flashed a very formal smile to him. Then he took a quick look at Yoochun who was beaming at others. When they finally settled down, Yoochun addressed him.

"Nice to meet you," they shook hands, and Changmin saw Kyuhyun shook hands with Junsu. Yoochun kept smiling his political smile, but Changmin couldn't help but felt like he's being mocked. "I've heard a lot about you," he said. Changmin scoffed.

"What did you heard?" Changmin darted a glare at Junsu. Junsu remained stoic. Suddenly the tension between the two directors arose. Yoochun cleared his throat.

"Ah, well, my secretary told me a lot about you," Junsu was a bit shocked but he hid it very well. But for Changmin who already knew the little changes of Junsu's reaction. They must have discussed a lot after the last Park Group family dinner. "About your friendship in the past,"

"We are still best friends up until now," Changmin quickly cut him off. He smirked, but then he ignored him. Junsu didn't say anything. He was furious inside, a little bit disappointed of Junsu because he didn't take his side.

When Yoochun was called upon for his speech, Changmin found himself staring at Junsu. Junsu was still as charming while he talked to Kyuhyun, and as always, handsome. Junsu had this charm that made people at ease around him and that brought jealousy upon Changmin quite frequently. Kyuhyun was seen so attentive to Junsu that made Changmin suspected that he too was absorbed in him. But maybe it was just Kyuhyun, being the polite secretary that he was.

Not. Changmin wanted to laugh then.

He turned his attention towards Yoochun who was actually talking about the new technology. Yoochun was graceful, if Changmin want to give any compliment, in his own way. He held his head high, yet he humbled down when he met the people. It was actually things that Changmin noticed of him, but he would never admit it openly due to Junsu. And right now he was wondering why Yoochun put them on the same table.

People clapped when Yoochun announced the new launch. Changmin could see the table in the middle of the stage suddenly moved and opened. It was a 3D hologram, demonstrating the new technology of weaponry that Park Group had developed. Changmin narrowed his eyes, and suddenly he heard a loud bang.

He jumped instinctively and ducked down. He heard Junsu screamed when there was a second bang. It was equally loud if not louder.

There were explosions. Someone was trying to set the hall on fire with explosions!

Everyone started panicking and screaming. The hall was under attack. Changmin looked up to see who was doing the attack but he could only see fire balls hitting tables.

Fire balls? Changmin had never seen it before. But he had never seen real bombs in action before too.

He heard Junsu screamed as they ducked under the table. Changmin crawled rapidly and pulled Junsu under his embrace just before a fireball hit their table. The table burned down immediately. Changmin dragged Junsu away, both of them were ducking. Changmin held Junsu tightly. Junsu was shaking.

"I'm going to get you out of here," Changmin whispered. Junsu looked around, hands firmly clinging on to Changmin's arms. Changmin moved a bit so that they were hiding behind a speaker. A fireball hit a table that was very close to them and quickly Changmin covered Junsu which resulted in his arm getting a bit burned.

"Changmin!"

"It's okay. I'm good." Changmin wasn't okay at all. The burn was a bit extensive, and it was hot and eating him alive. Junsu grabbed Changmin's shirt. He looked upward, like he was still searching for the one who's responsible for this.

The security did their job splendidly after the explosion and confusion even though a bit delayed. They brought most of the guests outside for fresh air, and armed forces were brought in too. Changmin dragged Junsu to follow a fireman and they managed to go outside.

"Changmin!" Junsu shrieked when Changmin collapsed. The pain hit him and now he'd done his job. A paramedic ran to Changmin, and Junsu backed away.

"What do you think you're doing?" suddenly Yoochun came out of nowhere, with a darkened face and a pair of red eyes. He snatched Junsu's wrist away from Changmin.

"Hey! Watch what you're doing to him!" Changmin shouted. Yoochun glared at him, his hand didn't let go of Junsu's wrist.

"Yoochun!" Junsu wanted to pull away but Yoochun tightened his hold.

"You're my secretary, not his!"

"Yoochun..." Junsu wanted to argue but he halted. He turned around, his eyes were wide. "Changmin-ah, Kyuhyun-ssi..."

"!" Changmin wanted to run but was stopped by the paramedics that were tending to his wound.

"Yoochun-ah, Kyuhyun-ssi..."

"What?"

"Changmin's secretary. He's nowhere in sight," Junsu was worried. He felt guilty that because of him Changmin had abandoned his secretary inside. Yoochun tsked loudly before he let Junsu's hand go.

"I'll go find him," Yoochun went to the police in the middle of chaos. He didn't want to do this to Changmin but he wasn't resistant to Junsu's request. He felt jealous when he saw Changmin protected Junsu from the attack with his own body.

It should be him. He had vowed in front of Junsu that he would be the one protecting him, but he failed. Someone else did it for him. And to mention that that someone was a person that didn't grade quite well in his book didn't help much either.

Yoochun grumbled when he walked to the officer as he watched the hall burned down to the ground. Who in the world was in the right mind to perform an attack to a world class weaponry company? What did they want? Who did they want to kill? If it meant to kill him, it wouldn't be an ingenious method to just fire blindly.

But Changmin and Junsu were shot twice. Changmin even got hurt. Yoochun turned around to look at Changmin. The young director was grinding his teeth when the paramedics cleansed his wound.

Yoochun knitted his brows. He remembered he was walking to the table when the first loud bang was heard. But it wasn't an explosion. The second one was. Yoochun remembered something flew right in front of him and hit their table. He was panicking at that time so he didn't know where the next fireball went to. He just knew the fireballs were everywhere.

What if the target was Changmin?

"Yes, sir. How can I help you sir?" Yoochun turned around, almost forgotten what he was here for.

"Someone...the secretary of Shim Group director, did someone save him?" the officer talked to the walkie-talkie. Yoochun looked at the burned hall, the fire was enormous and it made the surrounding hotter than ever.

If that someone who did the attacking failed to run away, he would be burned alive.

"Check if there's any suspicious man running away from this venue," ordered Yoochun.

"Yes, sir."

"Have you found him? Have you found Cho Kyuhyun-ssi?"

"Someone did. He was on the way to the hospital. He was burned quite severely." Yoochun didn't like the news at all. It was his event today. Something had gone wrong.

Appa would be very mad.

***

Yoochun and Junsu climbed into the car that Yoochun had called to pick them up from the scene. After all the chaos died down, Yoochun had to calm the guests down and already planned a press conference for an apology soon. He knew this would be on the front page of the paper tomorrow and he would be the highlight of tonight's prime time news.

"I'm sorry for the things that happened," Junsu said quietly when both of them settled down in the car. He wanted to follow Changmin home but realised it would be too much of a risk, and Changmin let him go just like that but with grudge of course. Yoochun let out a small sigh.

"It's a long day," truth is, Yoochun didn't really want to talk about this topic soon even though he knew he had plenty of time to afterwards and not just explaining to the media. Somehow he would bind to discuss this thing with Junsu. Junsu fiddled with his fingers when Yoochun didn't say anything more to him. He lowered his gaze to the floor of the limousine when suddenly his phone rang.

He brought out his phone, so Yoochun stole a glance at it.

My Yunho.

Yoochun felt his blood boiled again. Why couldn't these men leave his secretary alone?

But Yunho had never called him at work, or maybe not in front of him. That's why he had never known Junsu has a boyfriend. He always thought Junsu was single because he didn't say anything about having a life off work. But they were always together. How come he didn't have any clue?

Junsu picked up the phone.

"Yes. Yunho, I'm fine. It's okay," Junsu was surely not fine. He was shaking since the incident. Yoochun could see it clearly. "How did you know?" Yoochun observed silently from aside, Junsu was biting his nails. He closed his eyes. "I can't..." Junsu turned to him suddenly and Yoochun pretended to look the other way. Junsu huffed, and quickly covered his mouth to talk to the phone. Yoochun rolled his eyes.

The car was silent again when Junsu ended his call. Yoochun threw his gaze outside, counting the time for them to arrive home. He would send Junsu home first and then he would head his afterwards. Junsu touched his hand, which gave Yoochun some kind of electric shock.

"What?"

"Can you drop me somewhere?"

***

Yoochun stepped out of the car behind Junsu. They just argued before that if Junsu wanted to go to the specific restaurant that he stated, he would come together with him. He didn't care if he was invading his privacy. He wanted to know and that's it. He was sick of being kept in the dark and did not know anything about Junsu's life. He wasn't just a secretary for him. That was true for Yoochun, but apparently the secretary thought otherwise.

Junsu walked first and Yoochun followed closely behind. He knew Junsu wanted to see Yunho and he wanted to know who this Yunho was.

"You can't say anything bad to him," Junsu told him before they climbed out of the car. Yoochun cocked an eyebrow, as if. "You must behave because I don't want him to think that I'm working with a jerk,"

"Who are you calling a jerk?" Yoochun grunted. "I am responsible for your safety in the company. I never abused you or anything, and if you wanted to separate your private life and your work you can't. Why? Because I ing can't."

Yoochun actually regretted the reason that he gave Junsu. It seemed very immature of him.

They walked into the restaurant. It was neither big nor small, just a typical neighbourhood restaurant. Junsu hung his coat, while Yoochun didn't. He didn't plan on staying; he just wanted to meet this Yunho.

Junsu walked into the kitchen, his steps were dragged and he was tired. He was tired physically, mentally and spiritually. He was tired of Changmin's and Yoochun's drama; acting like children whenever there's a chance.

"Yunho?" he called out. The kitchen was silent. It must have been so late that the workers had gone home, but still Yunho wanted them to meet him here. He hooked his brows together. It was creepily silent when no one's here.

Suddenly a pair of arms wrapped him around the waist from behind. He was shocked, nearly screamed when he saw it was only Yunho.

"Yunho..." Yunho leaned down on his right ear. "No...You can't do this to me..." Junsu wanted to push him away, to avoid being persuaded by Yunho again but Yunho's hold was firm. Yunho kissed his temple from behind when Junsu attempted to break free. He knew what Yunho wanted to do, and he didn't want to be under his spell again. He had had enough heart breaks, and to face it again with the current problem that he had right now he wasn't ready at all. He needed to sort out his priorities first, but this...

"You are..." Yunho whispered very closely to his right ear.

"No..." Junsu wanted to push him away but Yunho's strength was nothing compared to him. He whined.

"...still in love with me," Yunho whispered and Junsu closed his eyes. He wanted to push the spell away, shut Yunho out but soon enough his knees went weak. "You are still in love with me," Junsu fell down but Yunho caught him before he hit the ground.

It worked.

He succeeded again. Junsu opened his eyes and smiled at Yunho before they kissed each other.

"Thank God you're okay," Yunho said, and he put both hands on Junsu's cheeks. Junsu nodded. He kissed Yunho again hungrily.

Someone cleared his throat and both of them turned. Junsu was surprised to see Yoochun stood in front of the kitchen's door. He jumped backwards, and scratched the back of his head.

"Ah...Yoochun, this is Jung Yunho, my boyfriend. Yunho, please meet my boss, Park Yoochun."

A/N annyeong haseyo! i'm sorry for the delayed update! here you go! please look forward to next chapter! thank you for reading, subscribing and commenting! they really meant a lot to me! *bows down*

*not my gif*