When It Takes Over

220

Changmin's POV

I just saw what happened on the TV. Junsu was attacked by the damn reporters that being ticked by me who had saved him despite me being from the rival company. Even though Park Group always invited representatives from our company and it looked like we were getting along fine, everyone in the industry knows we were only like that for social importance. Nothing personal.

Nope.

It's personal when it comes to Junsu.

"Hey," his voice was still shaking. It was only five minutes after he and Yoochun left the room after being bombarded with irrelevant questions. I should praised Yoochun for being so cold and calm like that when it came to hiding stuffs or evading questions. I, in the other hand if something like that happened, might ended up somewhere locked up.

"Hey," I greeted back. "I saw what happened on TV,"

"We're handling it okay, don't worry,"

"If you want me to come and clarify the situation I would,"

"No, Changmin. You'll make things worse. I'm sorry to say that to you, but it's better if you don't say anything." he sighed, like he always did. "Yoochun and I would take this matter into our hands, and you shouldn't be bothered by it,"

"But they attacked me, Junsu. They almost killed me, twice. Heck, even my secretary was hurt. But I protected you instead, so it's only a favour you're doing for me if you let me speak up."

"I can't do that. Not without..."

"Yoochun's permission? What? I can't save my best friend's life without his permission? At the very least he should be forever grateful to me that I'd saved your life!"

"Changmin-ah..."

"You know what? Screw you! Screw Yoochun! I'm gonna make my own statement, I'll tell the world about our relationship. It will be revealed soon even if we don't say anything so it's better if we talk about it now."

"Can't you just listen to me, Changmin-ah? Things like these, if the media knows, or...or if anyone knows, our..."

"What is there to protect, Junsu-hyung? Why do I have to hide what was so obvious? Sooner or later, they will know. What are you going to do then? Hide some more?"

"Things are not going to get better..."

"I'm not going to listen to you anymore. I'm telling them the truth about us. There will be no harm done..."

"You can't do that!" Junsu sounded exasperated. Was Yoochun more important now than me? "You can't do that, please? Hmm, Changmin?" now that plea made my knees a bit weak. Nah, I am always weak for him. "You can't tell anyone..."

I couldn't take it anymore. I couldn't let him change my mind. I have to tell the truth, so that no one would dare to disturb Junsu again. I cut off the line abruptly without saying goodbye to him and then I switched my phone off.

It might not be the best but this is what I wanted to do. He could not bother me for a while now.

I rubbed my eyes and leant down on the bed. I'm on leave because apparently I wasn't fit enough to come to work. The injuries from yesterday were still hurting, and I couldn't lift up my shoulder easily. Talking about this, Junsu hadn't visited me at all and yet he had the decency to scold me and tell me what I can or cannot do.

I heaved a sigh. I'm bored here, I couldn't do anything. Media would swarm my house anytime soon after the press conference. They would want to know the speculation about what happened between us.

I went to the computer table and opened my drawer. I had kept a picture frame in here. I pulled it out and stared at the picture. It was a picture I took years ago when Junsu graduated. I loved it so much because Junsu was kissing my cheek. We were so happy back then.

But my happiness didn't last long.

I put the picture down and started to weigh in the options that I had in my hands.

Why can't I reveal anything about me and Junsu? Will it affect our business? Will it affect my relationship with Junsu? Will he hate me if I do it?

I couldn't think well right now, because my blood was like lava boiling and waiting to erupt when the time comes. But I couldn't let my fury overcame me so I decided I would take a walk. And perhaps I could go visit Kyuhyun in hospital.

***

I couldn't go to the hospital without the media bothering me. There were reporters started to gather at the front of my house, waiting for the big black gate to open which I could say would not today. I told my butler that I wanted to go out and to never open the door to anyone or even answer questions. I lived alone so I know he would do what I wanted him to do. There were two maids in the house to make food and wash clothes for me, and most of all to make the house livelier. But even though it was my house, the workers were under my father's orders too. I had been living in the house since I came back from studying. Before this, I lived with my grandfather and as far as I remember I had never lived with my own parents. The maids and the butler worked with my grandfather when he was still alive, that's why I chose them to live with me when I got the house from my father.

I wore a jacket and a beanie before I went roaming around the streets without purpose. I wanted to go to the hospital, but I didn't want to face the media with this injury. Furthermore, I still wanted to think about what I'm going to answer if they ask me about Junsu. Junsu begged me not to and even though I told him I would tell them everything, I knew I couldn't do it. I couldn't let him down.

It was cold outside and my stomach grumbled after a while. I stepped inside a restaurant. I went to the booth that was near the cook's kitchen, where it was only parted by a transparent divider. I could see the chef who was cooking something.

Someone came to take my order. I glanced at his nametag, Kai. I smiled at him and he smiled back.

"What do you like to eat, sir?" he asked with a grin. Well, I started to like this restaurant. I shot a brief look at the chef who had done serving what he cooked just now into a middle sized square plate.

"I'll have black bean noodles, please, and barley drink,"

"Coming right up." he scribbled into his small notebook. "Will it be okay to eat with only one hand?"

"I'll be fine. Don't worry," he bowed down, and then he scrambled to the kitchen. I looked at him talking to the chef. He was one good looking guy, almost to the point that he appeared ethereal. His skin was pale he looked like he was glowing. He caught me staring and he bowed down at me. I bowed back, embarrassed that I was spotted. I sat there, and watched the television program that was on air. It was a documentary about squids. I wasn't a great fan of underwater life so I just sat there silently worrying about my own life.

Kai the waiter came and brought me the kimchi first. I thanked him and waited some more for my drink. I turned my attention to the beautiful chef at the kitchen who was working on my noodles. I guess it was my order because I could see the black bean's bowl. I started salivating because even with the look of it, I know it would be delicious. Plus, the chef was a hot one, really pretty. His hair was gorgeous with that dark brown colour. I drank my iced barley just for something to do while my eyes fixed on him. He was flipping the noodles, and back again, and another spoon of black bean paste and swoop! My stomach grumbled even louder now because the black bean noodle was almost ready for me. Yeay!

My wait was finally over when Kai the waiter came and took the plate that noodles was served on. I my lower lip, ready when Kai came out and put down the plate in front of me. Oh...the sweet smell of the noodle!

I took the chopsticks and started to dig in my meal. Man, it was as delicious as it looks. Jjangmyun, saranghae!

"Is it delicious?" I nearly choked. I lifted my head and saw the chef was staring at me, smiling as he did so. I felt the blood rushed to my face and I nodded. "Do you like it?" I nodded again because apparently my mouth was too full to even speak. He watched me eat (even though I was so embarrassed) behind the transparent divider. He was sitting down on a chair and he supported his chin with his hand. I felt my face warmed up when his angelic face didn't turn away from me.

"You can stop looking at me." I put down my chopsticks and gulped down my barley drink.

"Do you want to have another serving?" I raised my eyebrow. "I'm kind of free today because the restaurant is half open because the boss is not here." I looked around and saw not too many customers here. "It's always full you know when the prime time comes." I looked at him again, and caught him staring at me adoringly with those big brown eyes. I swore his eyes and his hair were like match made in heaven. I opened my mouth wanted to say something when he again spoke out. "But are you okay eating with your arm like that?"

"It doesn't hurt much, I guess." I smiled, because really it didn't bother me anymore. I am conscious right now and I had better control of what I'm doing so I could avoid my arm from accidentally knocked something like when I was asleep. "Not when I'm awake,"

"So...do you want another serving?" he grinned. I looked at my plate which only a bit of noodles left. "Don't worry, it's on me. I wanted to cook but no one's coming so..."

"Okay,"

"Yes! What do you want? Another black bean noodle?" I looked at him, and stifled a laugh. He was so happy-go-lucky. "Are you laughing at me?" he blushed.

"You're so...you know, I didn't know the chef of this place could be this friendly!"

"Ah...really...by the way, my name's Jaejoong. Kim Jaejoong." he looked me in the eyes again, and man was he glowing? I smiled.

"My name is Changmin. Shim Changmin, nice to meet you,"

"Uh...nice to meet you," he looked flustered when he saw me smiled. "Well, I gotta make you..."

"Another black bean noodle, please," I said, considering how delicious this stuff was.

"I'll make it for you. Please wait," he bowed down before he scrambled to the kitchen. He wore his apron quickly and started to cook. I was so amazed by his skill that my hand stopped mid-air as I watched. He turned at me. "Put down your hand, and please finish your meal or I won't cook for you!" I then realised what I was doing and put down my hand. I smiled at myself and finished my initial meal.

***

It was fun when he came to me again and we talked while I ate. I could tell he was actually friendly with everyone because he joked around with all the waiters inside the restaurant whenever they passed by him.

It was all fun and games when the boss came back. Apparently the boss had gone somewhere without notice.

"Hey," Jaejoong stood up, his face became redder than before we first met. I turned around and froze.

How could there be so much coincidence in my life?

Jaejoong's boss was that Jung Yunho. We knew each other through Junsu, but I never knew he opened this restaurant. I thought he would inherit his father's food business. Ah, well, this is food business too.

Yunho turned at me, and for a moment he was shocked. I flashed a smile.

"Long time no see, Shim Changmin-ssi," he blurted out my name first. He better remember my name because I'm with Junsu first! I think my ears started to redden because I felt them warming.

"Yes," I took his hand.

"You knew Changmin, Yunho?" Jaejoong inquired, apparently clueless. My eyes stared at each other, there was an unspeakable tension.

Of course he knew me. Junsu called me first when Yunho said 'he wanted space' to him and I was going to be a potential murder if not we're hundred miles away from each other.

When we met through Junsu, I don't know, like three or four years ago, Junsu was already scouted by Park Group. He introduced him as his close friend, and then years later I got an email with their picture. It boiled my blood whenever I thought of the picture because that was when I could feel Junsu was slipping away from my hands. Yunho was kissing Junsu's cheek in that picture, taken somewhere cold and snowy because they were wearing skiing outfit. I could never get over that picture.

"He's Junsu's friend," Yunho pulled his gaze away.

"Best friend." I corrected Yunho but never took my eyes off him. He looked startled and then he nodded.

"Yes, Junsu's best friend."

"Interesting," Jaejoong chuckled; it was adorable. "It's a small world, after all,"

"Indeed, a very small world," Yunho replied with a dead face. He didn't look elated, something was bothering him. When he turned to me, he smiled. Well, at least he was the politest person I've ever met. Not like certain someone, namely Park Yoochun. "Please have your meal," he bowed down and off he went to his office. Jaejoong looked at me for a moment before he went to the same office. I sat down again, looking at my plate of potato pancakes that Jaejoong made specially for me. My appetite had died, killed instantly by Junsu's boyfriend.

I stood up after a while. I fished out a generous amount of money and put in on the table without much consideration. I walked to the door and saw two waiters bowed down to greet me politely. I nodded and proceeded to the entrance where I came in. Four boys rushed in, and one of them with jet black hair almost knocked into me.

"Ah, sorry, hyung," he said when he realised it. I smiled at him, nothing to be bothered about.

"It's okay," the four boys scrambled inside. One of them looked girlish with blonde hair. When our eyes made contact, he immediately looked away like he was afraid he would hurt me with his eyes. I smirked but didn't think much.

"Changmin!" Jaejoong suddenly appeared and he ran towards me. He took a deep breath before he slipped a piece of paper in my good hand. I knitted my brows as he walked away again from me. "Call me."

p/s call me, call me!

can't you see where the direction is going?