Collecting Grudges

220

Junsu entered the room where Park Shin Geun resided. The old man tilted his eyes when the secretary knocked twice on a mahogany table near the entrance. He was reading a book. He gave out a thin smile while he put down the book. Junsu replied with a sly one.

He was in no mood to be scolded now.

"Sir."

"He remembered. What do you want to do now?"

"To find my brother."

"He's been abducted by our enemy. Mine and Shim Bong Dal," Park Shin Geun waved his hand about. "I got my special team to worry about that. You just have to take care of 220."

"I can't. Not in this condition. Yoochun had regained his memories, why should he bother about taking care of 220 anymore?"

"Junsu."

"He hates me while I lived the most of my life being with him. I can understand if he hates me."

Park Shin Geun glared at Junsu. Junsu pulled his gaze away.

"I can't stay with him anymore since he regained his memory back."

"No."

"I can't face him with the facts of what I did!"

"Yes, you regretted it! You were young, you were stupid!" Park Shin Geun suddenly blows up which shocked Junsu. He was always a calm person. "But did it stop me from taking you in? Not only you, had I taken your brother in. Your friends, too. I nurtured all of you, prepared you for the worst,"

Junsu gazed at the floor, his vision blurred.

"This is the worst, Junsu. Fight it. Once you step away from this company, they will step in. You need to be his pillar."

"But sir..."

"Remember what I said to you about not one step closer to my son?"

Junsu nodded.

Not one step. Not my son.

Yet, they did it. They almost took Yoochun's life away but they were the ones who took him away.

*

Junho and Junsu crouched behind the couch, both of them dressed like thieves.

Junsu just had the stupidest idea ever.

He wanted to kidnap Yoochun for a day, keep him in a basement and act as a saviour later.

It was stupid. It was dangerous. It was the most lethal thing that they had ever done.

Junho had brought Yunho together with him and he was waiting outside the house. At that time, Yoochun was living separately from his parents. Yunho was waiting outside with Jaejoong who was responsible for driving away.

Junho looked at Junsu, trying to maybe talk him out of this crazy plan but his brother would not look at him.

'We are not doing this for any ransom. Please.' Junsu's last words were hurting Junho. Junho bit the inside of his cheek. He held on tight the cotton gauze that was soaked with chloroform. They approached Yoochun's room. Junsu opened the door, his eyes literally glittered when he saw Yoochun's slim figure sleeping still like a log on the bed. Junsu smiled, freakishly wide.

Junho heard him.

I want to savour him.

He touched Junsu's arm. Junsu almost jumped.

'Don't do anything harsh.' he insinuated. Junsu rolled his eyes.

'He's delicious.'

'Stop it.' Junho wanted to hit him for being stupid but he couldn't. Junsu his lower lip as he approached the man. Junsu stood up straight. His smile grew wider.

Junho heard him.

If only...

Then Junsu turned abruptly to him. His eyes glared.

Junho put a hand on his chest. Junsu had changed. This is not Junsu that I know.

*

"I know it's not a good practice to tell someone what they owed, but I had the need to remind you that you're here because of what I did. I covered your faults, I even hid the wrongdoings that you guys did to him even though I'm his own father. I thought you need a second chance."

Junsu grabbed the tip of his necktie, he felt like choking himself. His eyes still could see the disgust in Yoochun's face. He was devastated by it.

He was disgusted with himself.

How could he do such a thing?

"Work with him. I know my son like I know the back of my own hands. Don't run away even if he knew."

"He hates me, President Park. How could I live with that?"

"I did. I lived. He hates me. But did I let him..."

"You're his father! He's supposed to..."

"Hate me?" Park Shin Geun jeered. "Wow. What a shock." he mocked; Junsu couldn't imagine how red his face was.

"I'm sorry."

"You can't back out. You know that. I hope you won't forget." Junsu bit his lip, refraining himself from talking back.

What Yunho said was true when they were just starting, 'Once we got in, there's no way we're going out.'

"Just go back."

Junsu bowed down. Every word that came out of Park Shin Geun's mouth was mandatory orders. He didn't wait afterwards.

***

Yoochun didn't say a thing when Junsu entered the room. He had ordered the other 220 kids to be extra cautious. Yoochun even put the most efficient bodyguards in respective schools to guard them. He didn't want anyone to abduct anyone of them anymore. He ordered them to not leave the house unless it's school and even personally meet the parents of the 220 kids.

Junsu glanced at what Yoochun was writing.

"Tell Ahin we're ready to go." Yoochun's husky voice brought Junsu into a new low.

"Yes, sir." Junsu bowed down. He left the room feeling more awkward than ever. He met Ahin on the way to the driver's lounge. Ahin already gotten his blazer, he was ready to drive Yoochun everywhere. Ahin seemed like he was pitying him.

Yes, he supposed but Junsu didn't need his sympathy. It was his own entire fault to bring himself down.

"Is he okay?" Junsu nodded. "You're acting weird," Ahin tried to ease the situation around both of them. Well, it was always Ahin who was more playful. He looked serious, over-matured but in reality he was just goofy.

"He wants to go to see Aron and others." Junsu said as he ed his cuff and redid it back. "I..." he sighed. "...don't think he wants me there." his voice was soft. Ahin couldn't pinpoint what happened to both of them. He was a very insensitive person, always unaware of his surroundings but the tension between this two people was too palpable to be missed. Junsu looked scared and sad all the time, while Yoochun looked as if he had eaten a very sour mango. Both of them didn't look at each other's eyes anymore even if only less than one week ago they could barely keep their hands to themselves. It was sad, really, even for Ahin. He had seen enough and both of them suits each other so well. He had thought they would last, but...

"Let's go then." Ahin almost wanted to grab Junsu's shoulder, shake it to bring the real Junsu into life.

What have you done to my Junsu?

But no way could Junsu hear it.

Junsu's lips curled into a tight smile.

***

Changmin stopped in his tracks while he was strutting along the pavement. He was just going out to clear his mind. The collaboration was already half done, and the surprise was still hidden by Park Group. Changmin didn't think that it will benefit his company. But if it meant that he was nearer to Junsu he could bear with it, working with Yoochun. Changmin sat down on the bench, his shoulders ache with the weight of the world on him.

He looked at his own building.

What was he supposed to do now after the collaboration? He had no freaking idea. It was Park Group's idea. He was just a fragment of it.

What's the use of him being there? He doesn’t know.

What's the general idea? What's he supposed to do? Look pretty alongside Yoochun? Of course not.

Changmin exhaled a heavy sigh. He brought out his cell phone and told Kyuhyun (who had come to work again) that he would be late to come back to office. He needs to calm himself down.

And maybe...

That was when Changmin saw a glimpse of someone.

"Wait, Kyu..." sometimes there were times when Changmin just called the secretary with the name Kyu. "I'll be back. I'll..."

He got up from his bench and started running.

***

Junsu stood before the car. He was waiting for Yoochun, and they were going to the kids' house. Yoochun walked, his head held up high, his eyes never reached Junsu. Junsu could hear his heart was ripped apart, but he couldn't say anything. He held his hands tight, it was my own fault. It was my own fault.

My own.

The words echoed in his head like a broken record.

Junsu's words in his own head stopped when he heard his phone rang. He looked at the caller ID but it was a private number.

He picked it up.

There was a husky voice, it sounded like a robot was talking. There was a loud noise.

"Run to Han's river now. Run." the voice said. Junsu furrowed his brows, the words were odd. The sound was different.

There was only silent now. Junsu pocketed his phone, his heart was racing.

"Junsu?" Ahin snapped him out of his own thoughts.

"I..." he absentmindedly sent a quick glance to check on his reaction but Yoochun was looking away from him. "Something is wrong."

"What?"

"I need to go to Han River. I need to go there running."

"Are you crazy? There's a limit of being crazy you know."

"I know. But I think he's in danger." Junsu bowed down. "I'll take a taxi if I find one." he just shot, and started to run. He didn't really know what the direction is but he didn't care. He figured it out when he could. But right now it's Han River.

"Should we..." Ahin turned at Yoochun but the director didn't make any effort to stop his secretary. Junsu was sprinting away. Ahin looked around. There would be no taxis around the corner. "Junsu!"

"Let's go, Ahin." Yoochun opened the door by himself, and without another word Ahin bowed down and climbed into his driver's seat. He wanted to wait but Yoochun's glare made him do otherwise. He drove his car past Junsu who was running like a fool.

***

It wasn't hard to tell something was wrong when finally Junsu made it to Han River. It was a long run instead, but he made it. Junsu was drenched in his own sweat, he was panting like a dog.

What is it? Junsu closed his eyes, tried to read anyone's mind that was close to him. So far, there was no one in sight. The only way to know someone was around is by listening to their thoughts.

I'm sorry.

I'm sorry.

His eyes flung open.

It's Junho's voice.

"Hyung!" he screamed. He ran to the banks, his eyes blurred with tears that almost come out.

He focused again, tried his very best to find his brother. He felt his chest tightened, his brother's voice was getting louder by the second but he still couldn't find him.

"Hyung!" it was a peaceful evening, and others were staring at him. Junsu didn't care. "Where are you?"

He was screaming like a mad man, driven by his frustration and desperation. Whatever happened to Junho?

Junsu looked at the river, it was insane to think that his brother was drowned. His brother knew how to swim, he was the one who couldn't.

But the thoughts...it was from the river. Han River was the lifeline of Korea, of course it was very huge and broad. It was almost impossible to know with the instructions to only come to Han River. What else should he do? What could he possibly do to find Junho?

***

Yoochun bit his nails. His heart felt uneasy. He watched Junsu ran, his heart was burned with fury but at the very same time he wanted to stop Junsu. He couldn't brush Junsu's image away from his head.

Junho was in a grave danger.

But the twins were the one who were responsible for a tragedy when he was 20. One of them, Yoochun shuddered even when he thought of it, drugged him and dragged him to a home-made coffin to take him out of the house.

Yoochun shut his eyes tightly. He didn't want to remember the scariest part of his life, but it invaded his mind again and again mercilessly.

"Are you okay, Director-nim?" Ahin's voice interrupted his solace. Yoochun didn't respond, his eyes fixed on the window. He couldn't register what Ahin was saying just a minute before.

"Director-nim?"

"I'm fine." Yoochun massaged the bridge of his nose. "Keep on going." his head was spinning. Junsu's face kept appearing, the fear inside him started to resurface.

"But..." Ahin was really worried. His boss' face was as white as sheet. "Boss..."

"Just keep going. Don't ask me a second time or I'll fire you," Yoochun snapped. Ahin nodded and promised silently to himself that he would keep his mouth zipped.

***

"What's the benefit that we could get if we merge together with Shim Group?" Yoohwan had been very worried since his brother was behaving weirdly. As a second heir in line, he was concerned too about the future of the company. He had known the hearsay about 220's existence in the company, but he only heard of the name once or twice in his life. That too was when he was eavesdropping his brother's conversation. Park Shin Geun seemed like he took his own sweet time to answer the question but Yoohwan couldn't wait like he used too.

He could sense the time was running out. Something was wrong. More people were coming to their house to report to their father, which should not happen as Yoochun had taken the position already. More people were watching him, the second heir in line as if he would disappear into thin air if one took his eyes off him for only one second. Yoohwan noticed the subtle changes, and yet he said nothing.

But not today.

He just knew Kahi broke up with Yoochun and then Junsu rarely came to their house.

Something was wrong, really wrong. It's not even in a personal stage anymore, his instinct could tell.

"What is your concern is nothing." Park Shin Geun said after a while. Yoohwan felt like a stab through his heart.

"Nothing? No. Father, my concern is real. Don't hide from me. Our company is emerging with Shim Group which is basically our very own rival. Did something happen in the company? Like..." Yoohwan shook his hand in the air. "...bankrupt?" Park Shin Geun scoffed.

"That is the least in the list of what we are facing."

"Then tell me."

"Yoohwan..."

"What if something happened to Yoochun hyung? What if hyung dies and I knew nothing?" Park Shin Geun smirked.

"You will be ready when you're ready." Yoohwan squinted, just to make his face looked fiercer.

"You're joking. A collaboration between Shim Group and Park Group will never work."

"What do you know?" Park Shin Geun laughed, only to make Yoohwan felt defensive again.

"What do I know? Father, how would I know when every time I asked about this thing seriously, all you said to me was you just have to wait. I've done my waiting. I couldn't see my brother like that. He was a living dead. These two days he didn't speak at all. Something is awfully wrong."

"Your brother is fine..."

"He's not ing fine!"

"Park Yoohwan, watch your language,"

"Uhh!" Yoohwan rolled his eyes, he had it with his father. "Fine. Fine, father." he bowed down and left the room.

***

Park Shin Geun clasped both his hands together, his brows creased. He was deep in thoughts. The chest pain was there, but it was faint. His head throbbed, and that too he ignored. Palpitations had never left him since Yoohwan confronted him.

He had always been trained like this, doing the poker face all the time even in the hardest time.

"You seemed disturbed." A statement ran through his head. He closed his eyes, there was only one person that could talk in this way.

"It's Yoohwan. One after the other." Park Shin Geun let out a light sigh as he let the voice permeates the surroundings. He was the only one who could hear him. The man could talk to anyone he wants; it's a telepathy ability.

"Did Yoochun understand?" his voice was calming, as he too considered Yoochun as his own son even though he himself didn't know about it.

"He's a responsible kid."

"Will the other side let Junho and the new child go?"

"They will when they hear about our group emerging." Park Shin Geun smiled bitterly. "I just wished they wouldn't hurt the child. Junho had had his painful experience, but not the child." the man didn't answer. Both of them knew what was coming, but neither wanted to voice it out loud.

"You already..."

"Yes, I hid the other kids. Ask them to stay close with their family."

"I'll be on the outlook. I'll take care of your back."

"Do take care of your grandson too. With them manipulating my son, I'm afraid he will start lashing out to people related to Junsu, and Changmin mattered the most to him."

"I..." the faint sound of the aquarium pump accompanied the silence that the man left behind. Something was stopping him from saying further. But Park Shin Geun kept waiting.

Park Shin Geun closed his eyes. He held his breath.

"Time is slipping." Park Shin Geun whispered. "We have to tell them we're combining forces or else they'll bring other nuisance to us."

The other man didn't answer but both of them knew it was an agreement.

A/N who is talking to Park Shin Geun? can you guess who was it? hehehehehe

thank you everyone for sticking with this story even though i rarely updates due to life. i will try to find free time and i hope you can stay with me until at least the end of this story....

*i would start a new story after this of course and it will be about HOMIN, but i don't know when i can finish this. so please stay with me till the end. thank you.

bows down.