What Leads to Another

220

Yoochun couldn't sleep that night. He could hear the sound of thunder and storm but there were still not raining. The temperature was not too cold and not too hot around him but still he felt uncomfortable. Something was bothering him. Something that was about Junsu. He had a hunch about him when he sent Junsu home this evening.

He exhaled a heavy sigh.

Heechul must have started to work by now because I asked him to do it as soon as possible. What if what he found out about Yunho was something unpleasant to me? What if Junsu didn't want me to know about him because it's bad for me?

But things could move on after that. I just couldn't let Junsu suffered all alone even if he kind of cheated me about Shim Group's new director.

Yoochun was startled when suddenly he heard the sound of a car engine outside his house. He looked at the clock, it was twelve o'clock midnight. He glanced at the window, and somehow the car engine sound couldn't be heard anymore. He frowned. He couldn't be imagining it, right?

With cautious steps, he went to the window and peeked through the curtain, praying hard he wouldn't see any ghost peering back at him. Then he saw the familiar car. He knew it was Junsu's car, because he had seen it before.

But why was Junsu in front of his house?

Yoochun massaged his chin, should he go down there and ask him? Or would he wait and just observe him from up here? Yoochun pushed the curtain a bit wider to get a better view of Junsu's car. Junsu's car was just there in the side of the road. Yoochun waited, and five minutes later Junsu climbed out of the car. Yoochun clenched his fist.

Junsu was watching his house from his car. Then he leaned on the car, not moving. Yoochun ran to his table and pulled out a binocular for a better vision. Thank goodness Yoohwan gave him this present for his recent birthday.

Now he could see Junsu better. He wanted to ignore him but his curiousity took over him the most. Junsu was still leaning, his posture didn't change at all. It was like he was contemplating something. Yoochun saw Junsu looked down and his feet tapped on the ground. He was thinking. But then Yoochun saw him started to rub his eyes.

Yoochun was sure now he was crying. He remembered the gesture well because he'd seen it only recently.

He ran downstairs and just before the door he stopped.

I am still mad at him.

But why was he here?

Yoochun bit his nails, he couldn't decide what to do.

I shouldn't care about him when he did that to me. He should know better to tell me everything about his so-called best friend.

Yoochun swung his legs to go back to his room but he stopped again.

But why was he here? What if he really wanted to tell me about his sorrow this time?

But...

Suddenly the thunder stormed out loud. And there were lightning too. Yoochun peeked out again, it’s going to rain any time soon.

Yoochun groaned. He cared too much about his secretary to just ignore him like this. He went to the door, opened it abruptly and dashed to the road where Junsu was parking his car.

"Hey!" he shouted when he saw Junsu. Junsu was crouching down, his face was in both palms and he was, damn right he was crying. Yoochun's steps were big and fast when he approached Junsu. He stood beside Junsu, and the latter looked up at him.

"What are you doing out here?" Junsu asked him and immediately he wiped his tears with the back of his hands.

"I should be the one who's asking you that!" Yoochun flung his arm around. "I saw you." Junsu hung his head low. "Who hurt you this time?" Yoochun brought his tone down. "You shouldn't come here when all you want to do is to cry."

"I..." Junsu hiccupped and he threw his arms around Yoochun. Yoochun was caught off guard. He embraced his arms around Junsu back. "I'm sorry...I just don't know where to go..."

"Who hurt you?" Junsu kept crying on Yoochun's shoulder. "Was it him again?" Junsu bit his lips and slowly he nodded. Yoochun closed his eyes. He gritted his teeth, there's a spark of fury inside his heart as he listened to Junsu's sob.

***

Junsu just stared down at the cup of tea that Yoochun's maid prepared for both of them. Yoochun had gone to the kitchen and asked one of the still awake maids to make tea for his guest. Junsu had recovered from his hiccups and now recovering from his sobs. Yoochun stayed silent, tried to look as mad as he possibly could but his gentleness towards Junsu told the latter otherwise. Yoochun sat on the couch across him in his own room. Junsu clasped both his hands together, still unable to tell Yoochun everything. He was quite shaken from Yoochun's point of view.

"What did he do to make you this upset?" Junsu bowed his head lower. "I can't help you if you're always like this with me."

"I'm sorry," Junsu muttered. "I can't...tell you anything about him because..."

"Because he's so dear to you?" Yoochun mocked. Junsu lifted his gaze, and frowned. Yoochun wanted to laugh at his face because it reminded him of the older time when he wasn't in this cold war with Junsu. He held Junsu's face, and pinched his cheek.

"Ouch!" Junsu pushed his hand away. "What are you doing that for?"

"Just to remind you that you're not dreaming," Junsu pouted which resulted to Yoochun pinching him once again. Junsu rubbed his painful cheek.

"You shouldn't do that," he sulked. For a moment Yoochun found himself staring at Junsu again, still puzzled about what happened to his secretary but he didn't want to push Junsu anymore.

Yoochun drank his tea just for something to do and he didn't want Junsu to catch him staring. Junsu was still fiddling with his fingers. He put down his cup, and cleared his throat.

"You want to sleep here tonight? I don't think you're fit to drive with your condition like this," Junsu looked up to Yoochun. His heart was touched. He was always like this, he was just like Changmin to him. He always and was very playful, but at the end of the day Junsu would find himself absorbed in his kindness. He had taken care of Junsu since day one they worked together, just like how he had protected the secrets.

Maybe it's time for Yoochun to know more secrets, even if Park Shin Geun didn't agree to it.

"Hey," Yoochun clicked his fingers in front of Junsu's face, quickly bursting his thoughts. Junsu stared at Yoochun, he swallowed down his courage.

"I...don't know,"

"You can sleep here. I'll ask the maid to prepare the guest room..."

"No!" Junsu realised he refused way too early. "I mean...I can sleep here, on the couch, and, and...I actually came here to apologise," he looked sheepish this time. "I know that what I did was wrong, I supposed to tell you earlier about him."

Yoochun met his eyes.

"About Changmin, I mean, Shim Changmin-ssi,"

"You can use his name here." Yoochun said nonchalantly.

"Changmin...we've been friends since high school, and he was my junior. Two years younger than me, at that time he still lives with his grandfather while his father managed the company. We became close when he joined the same club with me,"

"And the club was?" Junsu's face reddened.

"It was a cooking club." Yoochun's eyes widened.

"Wow, that's new," Yoochun's head started getting ideas. Junsu huffed but continued.

"Before he joined the club, I was always been picked on because of it. But they didn't dare to do anything to me because even with the cooking club I still managed to learn taekwondo, and it was very useful." Yoochun raised his brows. True, Junsu was a black belt holder in taekwondo. He might seem vulnerable and soft, but he could defend himself whenever he needed to. Even Yoochun learned a lot of martial arts since he was a kid to prevent himself from being kidnapped. "He joined the club just because the members there cooked delicious delicacies. He didn't even do anything while in meeting or activities, he was just a taster."

"Taster?"

"You know, taster? He had a very extraordinary taste bud, he could tell what you put in your cooking precisely. He knew what was missing, he knew how to make it delicious. It didn't all come with talent. He learned about every spice there is and tasted it with his tongue. He knew if the chicken was going to ruin the soup you're making by smelling it. Isn't that great?"

Yoochun deadpanned. If he lets Junsu talked about something, he liked to tell it in details. Like, very minute details.

"When I was in the club with him, he liked my cooking the most. It might be because I always cooked extra for him, so that he didn't have to cook but only assist to make my food better. I need his powerful nose and tongue by the way."

"Your point is? I think you kind of deviating way too much. What you did in high school wasn't my concern. But the current him is. What is he like? How do you keep in touch with him?"

"I had never lost contact with him. When he first joined the club, he only sticks with me even though a lot of girls joined the cooking club just to cook with him, or for him. When I graduated, he asked me to always contact him."

"So, you did?" Junsu nodded. Yoochun looked away, pissed. Junsu lowered his gaze.

"He's one of my closest friends. Even when he went overseas for his studies, he sent me e-mails and letters to make sure I didn't forget him."

"He sounded desperate," Junsu took a deep breath and shot Yoochun a death glare.

"When he learned that I'm going to work with you, he was furious. He told me to wait for him to return but it would take him like three more years to become an employer. He even offered to send me money if I wait for him,"

"Yup, sounds too desperate to me."

"Don't say him like that," Yoochun abruptly turned towards Junsu.

"You're siding with him?"

"He's my best friend after all." Junsu sighed. "I wanted to apologise for his behaviour last time. He was always like that. He's protective of me," Yoochun scoffed.

"Protective? Of what? Protect you from me? Who am I to you? A monster?"

"Yoochun-ah...he's just a kid. He's just..."

"He could never compete with me. If that's how his attitude with people, he wouldn't come to my position,"

"Now you're becoming arrogant, Yoochun." Junsu scolded. "He's only started working. Don't let your guard down." Yoochun glared at Junsu, but then he knew Junsu was right. He sighed.

"As long as I don't lose you to him, I'll be fine, right?" Junsu was surprised by Yoochun's question but then he nodded. "Are you sure you're loyal?"

"What prove do you want? Do you want me to make a blood oath?"

Both of them stared at each other for a while. Yoochun gripped the hem of his shirt when he felt Junsu's stare was penetrating his soul.

Deep down he knew Junsu was true to his words. But what if the decision he make tonight will stab him in the future?

"Whatever." both of them were quiet again. Yoochun didn't know what to say to annoy Junsu more, even though he actually was thinking on how to extract more information about his boyfriend. His instinct told him it would be actually hard to know him from Junsu himself.

Yoochun stood up from his couch and went to the bathroom. He stayed in there for a while washing his face and brushing his teeth.

What more can I do to let you open up to me? Why can't you tell me about Yunho?

He felt a rage inside his heart. He didn't like this at all. He let Junsu inside his house because he was crying because of his boyfriend, and then he told him about his best friend. Why couldn't Junsu be honest?

He went out and shocked to see Junsu was standing right in front of his door. He nearly bumped their heads together.

"Yah!" Yoochun scolded him. "Are you trying to kill me?!"

"I'm sorry."

"Aish..!" Yoochun groaned. He shook his head in annoyance and walked to the telephone. He asked for the maid to prepare the guest bedroom for Junsu to sleep in.

When Junsu came out of the bathroom, Yoochun told him to go to the guest room. Junsu could only oblige.

***

Junsu's POV

I couldn't sleep at all when I was in the guest room. It was very big, the bed was comfortable so don't get me wrong with that. But I felt uneasy to be here. I wanted to decline his offer but he looked so pissed off at me I couldn't fight back.

I was still sitting on the bed, hugging my knees. I felt like a girl, always come to the safety of Yoochun's arms instead of solving this myself. I should be more honest but I kept everything inside. I was afraid he wouldn't accept me the way I am now. He even rejected me after he knew who Changmin was to me, but how could I just push away the friendship that I had built for years because of my job.

I went out of the room to go to the kitchen. I knew the inside of this house because I'd been here before to come pick Yoochun up. His family was very good to me, maybe because I am Yoochun's secretary or maybe because his father was the one who entrusted this job to me.

I actually was trained specially for this. I am recruited personally by Park Shin Geun, when I graduated from high school. He established this organisation and there was a manager before me, who used to take care of the older members of 220.

But for now, I'm managing the 220 kids. I replaced the old manager. It was a hard work, especially with someone like Yoochun who was the official care taker that didn't have any special power. I knew that was one flaw that Yoochun had always been conscious of, and he had always felt insecure about it even though I thought he did his job quite well. The secrets were kept really carefully, like not letting just anyone to come near the kids. He even sent them to the same school and sent a teacher in disguise to look over them in silence.

The kitchen was already dark when I came in. I didn't switch on the light as I filled a glass with water for myself to drink. All those crying really made me thirsty, and I didn't even finish the tea that Yoochun offered me back in his room.

"Junsu..." I almost dropped my glass when I heard the voice behind me. I put the glass on the counter, and turned around. I bowed down instantly when I saw Park Shin Geun narrowing his eyes at me.

"President, I'm sorry to just barge here," I straightened up.

"Aah...it's okay. But what are you doing here?"

"Oh, I...something happened, and..."

"Yoochun asked you to stay the night?" I didn't answer but he already nodded. "You must be working on some new project,"

"Ah...ne..." I nodded, felt embarrassed that I had to lie. If he knew the reason I was actually here, I couldn't even imagine how he would react.

"You must rest too. Don't get overworked." I smiled. He stared at me for a while, and sighed. "You know, Junsu, I think I had made the right choice by hiring you. You've been quite a help for our family,"

"Thank you, sir," I bowed down, again feeling embarrassed. Luckily it was dark, so he couldn't possibly see the blush in my face.

"I'm just...I think lately he'd been different. Do you think something happened at work?"

"No, sir, no." I wouldn't dare to tell him about our fights. I still didn't tell Park Shin Geun about Changmin, I don't know how to break the news to him.

"Maybe he had learnt about you?" my heart like literally stopped that time.

"Bwoh?"

"Yeah, about you. Not as a secretary, but as a 220 member." I shook my head. It was another fact that Yoochun didn't know. "Well, when will you tell him?"

"I don't know sir. The time is still not right."

"A good companionship needs a very strong bond and trust. I want you and Yoochun to achieve that point, and then you will succeed." I nodded. "Things would go haywire if you and Yoochun are not in the same wavelengths," he sighed again. I watched as he poured himself a glass of water to drink. He leaned on the kitchen counter. "You haven't had any argument with him, did you?"

"Uh..." I wanted to lie, again, but it seemed pointless now. I looked at him, maybe trying to see some sympathy if he knew what was going on between us. "We...actually had an argument during the family dinner," he gazed at me, like he was contemplating something.

"What was it about?" this is a question that I didn't want to answer because it would maybe, just maybe jeopardised my career.

"I..." I scratched the back of my head.

"Nothing you have not heard, Appa," suddenly Yoochun appeared right behind the entrance to the kitchen. I turned around, shocked. He was listening to us this whole time?

Park Shin Geun straightened up when he saw his son entered the kitchen and switched on the light.

I backed away when Yoochun darted a death glance at him, which means he really did hear what I and his father were talking about. I looked down at the floor, I was suddenly afraid of the consequences. Things between us hadn't been patched and he caught me discussing about 220 with his father. I knew Yoochun had always been insecure, because he had no powers and yet he was managing the organisation. His father was a different story, though.

Park Shin Geun established 220, because it turned out that he also had a special ability which was he could know if someone had a special power or not. He knew how much potential in a person just by looking. He had never been wrong before, and he single-handedly found the ones with ability using his own special power. He found Yunho and Jaejoong too.

"Why are you talking in the dark?" I can hear the sarcasm in Yoochun's voice. I tried to remain calm, and his father was drinking his plain water like he hadn't heard anything Yoochun asked. "Was it something that you don't want me to know?"

"Yoochun, go back to sleep." his dad said nonchalantly.

"Things had changed when I take over the company and 220, you should just rest and let me do my job. Don't ask Junsu anything,"

"Yoochun, I just ask about your personal relationship with Junsu. Nothing's wrong in that,"

"I can manage things around me and Junsu, Appa. You don't have to worry," I looked at Park Shin Geun. I could sense the tension around here. I knew very well that Yoochun worked really hard to keep up to his father's expectations. I knew too that Yoochun's insecurities didn't help much with his relationship with his father.

"I think I'll head back to the guest room," I couldn't bear staying in there anymore. It was getting on my nerve when the father and son were talking.

And I don't think Yoochun would tell his father about our fight just a week prior.

I could feel their eyes digging into my skin on the neck when I walked back to the guest room. I closed the door behind me, my heart just couldn't stop beating this fast and I was panting. I leaned on the door, and noticed I was sweating. I closed my eyes. I was anxious about a lot of things.

I waited and waited. Somehow I was expecting Yoochun to come barging into the room and scolded me because what he just overheard. What would I tell him if he asked me about 220? Would I have the gut to lie through my teeth again?

He never did come, though. I don't know why but I think it made more uncomfortable, more anxious than ever because my paranoid heart told me he was done with me. I just couldn't sit here. I couldn't. I have to explain things to him before he made his own conclusions.

I opened the door, and my breathe was taken away harshly when I saw Yoochun stood in front of me, his door in the air ready to knock.

Well, he nearly knocked my face.

Luckily, he froze too when he saw my face.

"Yoochun!"

"You should stop scaring me!" he scolded me back. "My heart nearly stopped!"

"You don't think I didn't see you as a ghost?!" how could we be fighting like a child again when we obviously had an issue in hand?

I composed myself and stood up straight.

"Come on in," I stepped a bit to make way to him. He sat on the bed, and I sat down beside him. "There must be something that you wanted to ask me." he nodded, his face was serious.

"You're a member of 220. I had never been told that information before," his voice was stern. I looked at him, there wasn't any playfulness. He was dead serious, which made me shaken inside. "Why?"

"Why?" I my dry lips.

"I saved your from being spanked by Appa because you knew Shim Changmin. Cut me some slack," Yoochun was pissed off too, so I reckoned his talk with Park Shin Geun after I left didn't go so well. "Why?"

"Your father asked me too." I looked at him directly in the eyes. There's no more point in covering up anything now. He was already losing one point to trust me and I needed to gain it by whatever I could. "Are you mad because I didn't tell you?" he didn't say a thing. He just looked down at the mat beneath our feet, and sighed. He closed his eyes and massaged the bridge of his nose. "It's also because in the documents that were handed to you were all about the newer members. The older members' were more classified, President has it,"

"Why can't I have it? Why can't I see it?"

"You've actually seen it, Yoochun. You've read it, but only once," he raised his brows.

"Really?"

"It was three years ago." Yes, he really did see the documents and there were Yunho and Jaejoong's name but I know he had already forgotten it. He looked confused.

"Can I take a look at it now?" I shrugged.

"I didn't know, you have to ask President,"

"He would never give me the documents again," he said, dejected. I gave a small smile to him. Even if he could get his hands on the documents, my name was not in there. I didn't exist in 220, yet I am a member of it. "Are you angry?"

He turned at me, like he was seeing me for the first time. His eyes were bright and determined, it was a look that I always see when he had set his mind on something. He touched my cheek with one hand, caressed it lightly with one thumb. 

"My task is to protect 220. If you're a part of it, then I will protect you too." my jaw almost dropped, because I was caught by surprise.

"You don't want to ask..."

"I'll figure out myself what your ability is." he said coolly, and he my cheek again. He smiled. "I'm glad that I finally know I'm actually protecting someone that I really should."

A/N awwwww isn't Yoochun sweet???