Winter Or Fall

220

Changmin smiled weakly at Kyuhyun who was lying on the bed. His severe burn affected his back and even though it would take some time he would soon be able to work again. He was lucky the fire didn't strike his face (which was precious) and his limbs or else he would have to take more sick leave. Not that he was keen to start work anyway.

"What's up?"

"My if you ask." Kyuhyun remarked which made Changmin laughed. He had always been this enjoyable to work with but he couldn't help it to think having Junsu as his secretary. He felt guilty every time he thought of the possibility because Kyuhyun did a great job with it. Kyuhyun smirked when he saw his boss laughed.

"I'm glad you're okay." Changmin took a seat beside the bed as he surveyed Kyuhyun's back. "It's better,"

"Hm...I guess."

"Sorry I made it this way." Kyuhyun shook his head.

"It's an accident. Stop blaming yourself." Changmin looked down onto the floor. He knew Kyuhyun was right but he couldn't help it. How could he not when Kyuhyun had no other option than to follow him everywhere? It was a dangerous place to work here in the weaponry industry. He didn't know it would be this dangerous.

He had contacted Park Group to inquire about who's responsible for the attack but so far nothing had been discovered. They found no one who was suspicious that had entered the venue that day. Nobody had claimed responsibility so far. Changmin couldn't say if he's lucky when he survived the attack despite being hit by fireballs two times.

"I will ask Park Yoochun again about it."

"I saw the last press conference. It didn't end well," Kyuhyun flashed a weak smile. Changmin pouted.

"Yes. Things happened."

"Are you serious about revealing things about you and Junsu-ssi?" Changmin sighed.

"I don't know. Junsu didn't want anyone to know, and if I do it I know he'll never forgive me."

"So, why should you?"

"I want him to notice me." Changmin gritted his teeth. "When I didn't say anything, it was like our relationship didn't exist at all. We're best friends yet he couldn't acknowledge it because of corporate reasons. I don't want it to be hidden forever,"

"Changmin-ah...maybe he's just looking at both interests. What will the world do when they knew this fact? Some company might cut off their business relation with us."

"But this is my private affair. Who I'm friend with, or in love with wouldn't influence the way I think."

"That's what you think. People might not see the same way. Remember that's how associates’ children marry each other. To establish a bond that would be unbreakable. Both you and Park Group are established rival, when this news spread, they would question how you run the company. Maybe they think you are placing spies everywhere. Maybe they would think you do this to everyone you worked with."

"That's insane. It's only Junsu."

"It's a secretary, the closest to the Park Group heir. If you can be a best friend to that someone, who knows what you would do next. Better cut off everything before you plan world domination."

Changmin was silent. He never looked at it that way. Somehow Kyuhyun was right. He could get away with it, but would Yoochun protect him when things get tough?

"Would you still want to reveal everything?" Changmin hugged himself. His left hand rubbed the side of his right arm.

"I don't know." he rubbed his face, he didn't know it would come to this extent. If he does it, it would be like dropping the bomb. "I just..."

"You can wait, Changmin instead of doing it. One day, he'll do but now is not the time."

"I wish you are right." Changmin reached out and held Kyuhyun's hand.

***

Jaejoong noticed Yunho came in the kitchen but did nothing to acknowledge him.

"You don't think you could ignore me forever, don't you?" Yunho came from behind and encircled his arms around Jaejoong's tiny waist. Jaejoong who was cooking the dish for lunch smiled but said nothing. Yunho rested his chin on Jaejoong's right shoulder and quickly felt at ease. He always did this because both of them were very comfortable with each other. Jaejoong didn't mind at all when Yunho stepped inside his private bubble but lately it seemed like it's inappropriate to do so.

"Jaejoong, why are your waist so tiny?"

"I'm not talking to you."

"Are you still mad at me because I know Changmin?" Jaejoong scoffed.

"You should have the decency to introduce me to handsome men like that to me, instead of shoving yourself in front of me while you're still with Junsu." Yunho let go of the embrace. Jaejoong turned off the stove and faced Yunho.

"He's not a good guy,"

"Why? Because he's been a threat to you?"

"He's messing around with Junsu!"

"So? What's the harm of introducing him to me? If we clicked, like if he falls for me, he'll leave Junsu alone. Don't you think it's a good thing for you guys?"

"He's not a good guy. I only know him because of Junsu, I can't introduce him to you because..."

"...you hate him. Admit it. Anyone close to Junsu was your enemy even if you don't declare it out loud. But you're sending wrong signals to him!"

"How could I send wrong signals?"

"You've sent it. You don't doubt that. And I want you to back off, I want this Shim Changmin. If anything bad happened, I'll blame you."

"Jaejoong..." Yunho wanted to protest. But he knew better not to cross Jaejoong.

Jaejoong turned around again and he served their lunch on plates. He smiled at Yunho while he gave one of them to him.

"I have a good hunch about him, and this time around it's good for me to distract myself." Jaejoong put his own plate on the dining table.

"But why him? Handsome men lined up just to be with you outside this restaurant." Yunho sat down and he picked up a pair of chopsticks and broke them apart. Jaejoong sat down in front of him, the blush and the smile that lit up his face were still there.

"Haven't you heard of the phrase 'love at the first sight'?"

***

Junsu watched as the man entered through the secretaries' office. The man went straight to him. He flashed a smile which immediately made Junsu's heart fluttered for a second.

But his smile died down the moment he said his name was Kim Heechul.

"I'm here to see Park Yoochun." he gestured at Yoochun's office.

"Wait." Junsu pressed the intercom to inform Yoochun. "What's your name again, sir?" he just wanted to make sure.

"Kim Heechul. Do you want me to spell it?" Junsu wanted to pout but due to his professionalism he couldn't. It bugged him because not just the one in front of him was Kim Heechul, the one person that made him wondered but the attitude of this Kim Heechul annoyed him. Or maybe it's because Heechul gave him a foxy vibe and he didn't like it one bit.

The door to Yoochun's office opened just one second after Junsu informed him that Heechul was here. His face seemed like he's in shock and was on a rush.

"Ah, Park Yoochun-nim," Heechul waved to Yoochun and to Junsu's surprise his boss gestured for Heechul to enter the office right away. He even avoided eye contact with Junsu, indicating something was wrong. Correction, he did something wrong and he didn't want Junsu to know.

Junsu watched as Heechul pranced his way to Yoochun's door, the sly smirk remained on his lips. When the door closed, only then he realised he had held on his seat ever so tightly.

***

Yoochun's POV

I was preparing my speech for the re-launching of the new artillery technology that had been disrupted last week when Junsu informed me that Heechul was here. I stopped immediately, my hand which was holding my custom-made fountain pen froze in the air. I looked at the watch, then at my own intercom. Junsu announced again there was a visitor named Kim Heechul and now he was asking if I did give him any appointment beforehand. I rose from my seat and ran - yes, I ran - to the door and swung it open. It was basically my worst fear when I saw Heechul, cross-armed in front of Junsu. No doubt that cunning spy of mine did something to cross Junsu.

"Park Yoochun-nim," Heechul smiled at me and waved his hand. I couldn't see Junsu's reaction mostly because I didn't want to see it. I could feel his eyes bore into me and holes were going to be drilled into my skin if I stayed outside longer. I pulled Heechul inside right away when I saw him and closed the door.

"Why did you come here? I told you not to come whatever you did."

"I guess I just want to see your secretary," Heechul smirked. I told him to sit down and that I would cut a bit from his payment because he broke one of our rules. It looked like he cared about money and promised to not do it next time. "Here." Heechul handed me my phone. I had been without it for days and I already bought a new phone just for the sake of not meeting me in this state. But Heechul just had to barge in here without warning. Heechul put the phone on the table beside my paperwork.

"You don't have to give me this back." I said, not because I was arrogant or I had enough money to buy another on my own. I was just irritated.

"Okay. Sorry." Heechul clasped his palms together; I just couldn't expect what he's thinking or going to do next.

"Have you decided what you wanted to do with your investigation?"

"I told you clearly that I'm going to call you myself." Heechul pouted. He was cute but not as cute as Junsu.

"Okay. Sorry, my bad. I couldn't wait to see you again and I thought you would want your phone back."

"I just bought a new phone, because I already..."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know. And I apologised already. Geez..." I put both hands on my waist, I could feel an aura of headache coming. "By the way, while your phone is away your lovely secretary called you." My eyes, if possible, popped out of their sockets. "And I think he got mad."

Great. Maybe that's why that particular night he didn't want to talk to me. I massaged my forehead. Yes, definitely a headache would come and haunt me.

"What did you say to him?"

"Oh, nothing much." Heechul shrugged. Well, that's not a good sign.

"Did you tell him your name?"

"Uh...that." he bit his lower lip. "Yes. I kind of did, and we...he asked me who I am, and he sounded displeased. Maybe that's why he was like that when I came here today, a bit unwelcoming," Heechul watched for my reaction, of course he'd be getting the unpleasant ones. I could feel my face turned purple as I imagined how this snarky Heechul handled Junsu's curiousity of why he was holding on to his private phone. "Did I do something wrong?"

Yes, you did. I want to scream that out loud but I'm still a sane person and I was hopeful that Heechul would be civil when he talked to Junsu. It's not actually a big deal but somehow...maybe I'm just overthinking it.

"I don't want you to come to this office, because complications might happen when you're here..."

"Like if Junsu-ssi knows about this?" Heechul cocked an eyebrow and my fists felt light enough to be swung upon his pretty face. "Don't worry. My lips are sealed."

"But you broke one of the rules," Heechul scoffed. He didn't really afraid of me.

"I'm guilty. But you can still trust me," he shrugged, oh how convincing. I sat down on the leather couch, tried not to look like I had just been run down by a truck. Heechul's face was indifferent.

"Uh...I'm actually very busy today, so I appreciate it if you can leave right now,"

"I will." Heechul stood up and smiled at me before he bowed down. "I'll come again when you summon me, my lord." I felt like I had just been kicked in the stomach, but I refrained to grimace.

"I'll call you."

And just when I said that the door was opened from outside, Junsu's head emerged behind the door. Heechul stood up.

"I'll wait for it." Heechul said before he left. While he passed through the door, he turned to Junsu and for a moment - I don't know if I imagined it - there was a fire in his eyes. It was like he had loathed Heechul for a very long time already, and I wondered if it was because of me.

"The meeting will start." Junsu said after Heechul left. He still seemed upset. I said nothing as I linked the cuffs of my flannel shirt. I looked at my reflection in my computer screen.

We didn't say anything to each other until Ahin came to me to the car. Junsu sat at the front seat while Ahin was the one driving. There was a palpable tension in the car that even Ahin who was quite talkative and fun to be with kept quiet. Ahin checked on me quite a few times with the rear mirror and I chose to ignore him. I pretended that I was busy with the documents in my hand. I would be meeting with my biggest shareholders, together with my father. Even if I was the director, my father still has the power to overthrow me. I would still have to behave and manage the company right.

I closed my eyes. Things with Heechul made me had to think everything all over. He could be uncontrolled. He might be doing the investigation without me knowing. He might have known about Yunho now, and because I told him to stop, his curiousity would grow. He would want to know more than I wanted him to know.

Yunho's high school was the same as Junsu's. Junsu and Changmin were schoolmates too. Yunho was under scholarship, but Heechul couldn't find out who gave it to him.

Junsu was a member of 220. But since when?

My eyes opened abruptly.

What if my dad actually knew Junsu since high school? What if Junsu and Yunho were from the same school because they were under the same scholarship?

Then what about Changmin? Was he a coincidence?

When the car stopped and the three of us climbed outside, I still couldn't stop thinking about the possibilities. Junsu brought my documents as we entered the building that would be our venue today. I looked up, and caught my breathe before I turned to Junsu. Junsu was staring at me, his face was still sour.

"Let's go, boss." Ahin moved forward and so Junsu and I followed him.

Junsu?

I didn't think I said it out loud but Junsu answered me.

"What?" he asked. I looked at him and shook my head.

"I didn't call you." Junsu shrugged, he didn't even argue with me. Ahin smiled. He was used to our fights by now.

We arrived at the promised meeting hall of one of my shareholders. He invited us all here when I told them about holding a re-launching of the new technology. It was a large building but was smaller than Park Group building.

When I came, my father was already there making small talk with the others. I felt sorry that I came in a bit late than them even though I am punctual. I sat down on my chair after I bowed down and greeted all of them. Junsu went to the corner to be the observer to me, just like he always did. He had to be there to assist me in getting anything I need in the middle of the meeting and to record what was going on during it.

I exchanged glances with dad when I switched the microphone on. He looked pleased, but not in a way that I liked. I smiled at him and he smiled back.

I need to ask him something.

***

When the meeting was over and promises and contracts were made, I went to dad.

"I want to see the previous records of 220 that I once saw when I took over your office."

"Why do you want to know the older ones?" I gave a quick glance at Junsu and he looked busy cleaning up my mess in the meeting room.

"I just want to make sure of something."

"Okay." my father didn't say anything at all after that. We parted ways and I went back to office while dad returned home. Junsu and I still didn't really talk with each other. I sent him home and said goodbye to him. As Ahin drove leaving his house, I wondered if Junsu ever thought of moving into Yunho's house and started living with him. I wondered if Junsu had said yes before and did live in Yunho's house before certain things happened and he moved out again.

Was it before or after he worked with me?

I sighed and rubbed my face with my palm.

"Are you okay, sir?" Ahin asked. I replied with a 'hm'. "You better make up with Junsu-ssi fast. I can't stand both of you being cold like this."

"I'm sorry, Ahin-ah. Problems were getting at us so frequently I can barely breathe."

"I wish I can help." to which, of course it was just a matter of being polite for me. I didn't really wish people to interfere with our relationship.

When I arrived home, Dad was watching television. It was some stupid variety show but he liked it very much. He even recorded it to watch it again in his spare time, and sometimes he used the joke in it and laughed at it by himself.

"Dad."

"What?"

"I need what I told you this evening."

"The 220 info?"

"What else?"

"I already put it on my table." I said thank you and went to check them out without bothering to change from my work attire. There was a tablet on the table. I sat down on my father's chair and switched it on. There was a 220 document in it, and I started browsing through it, trying to find a name in it.

220's older members weren't that much compared to the newer recruits. Their ability was much more variable than each other, and if I have to say anything, the abilities sounded really cool and much more physical.

And there it was. Jung Yunho's face was there, in the document.

My instinct was right.

A/N Now Yoochun knows. But do you think it's the first time he knows?

annyeong everyone! i'm sorry for the story being so slow in plot building, because that's how I like to write my stories. I am a bit sad that not many comment lately, maybe because of the plot, i don't know...but don't worry, i'll try my best to improve! please look forward to the next chapters!~