Even If I Know

220

Heechul's POV

I have been waiting here in this cafeteria for thirty minutes, and already done flirting with one of the waitresses. She was pretty but too childish so I had to ditch her before she overthinks. I stirred my herbal tea, absentmindedly arranging the words in my head.

It had been a very hectic week. I had been on the job for more than a week, and even if I knew I did more than I should I am still anxious to meet Park Yoochun.

You see, Park Yoochun is not someone you should be messing around with. His company that he inherited from his family was very influential in this country. It's a weapon-based company, well, more like battle-oriented business. I must say the company's contribution to the country was big, considering that South Korea was still in caution, in war even if we looked peaceful from afar.

I didn't want to comment much on how they worked, but one could say their operations were always secretive. They were like the mine of Korean Military, being the provider of battle technology and whatnot. I didn't understand it at all, so I better not try.

So when my contact told me a potential client named Park Yoochun wanted to meet me, I was astounded. That Park Yoochun? That was the first words came out from my mouth when I knew I was going to have the biggest client in my life. I wondered what he wanted to ask me to do, so I made my homework beforehand.

And now, sitting here in a neighbourhood restaurant sipping my herbal tea made me think, ah… well, I can get use to this.

He still didn't come. I looked at my watch. It's going to be dark soon and I haven't decided on where I should get my dinner. I guess I'm going to just order some food here to fill my stomach.

What took him so long? Was he really like this with other people? Ask them to wait too long? I tapped my fingers on the table, and I spotted a waiter. I asked for an omurice, and beef soup.

When I was waiting for the food, Park Yoochun came. He came alone, just like how we met the first time. I called him, saying that I wanted to meet him now that I'd gathered informations that might be wanted by him. We talked on the phone for a while before he finally agreed to come here. He made me promise to come alone and stayed invisible to everyone.

I nearly choked on my tea because suddenly he was in front of me.

"I'm sorry. I was somewhere far from here," he said before he smiled sheepishly. "May I sit down?"

"Oh? Yeah...uh, sure..." I was startled because I didn't hear him coming. Even when he lifted the chair (yes, and NOT pulled) his chair and sat down, his movements barely made any sound.

"The information?"

"Here." I took the envelope on the seat beside me and gave it to him. I had made photocopies of Yunho's personal information, maybe everything that he needed to know. But still I have to explain. All of the things that were inside the envelope were pure evidences but only black and white. Yoochun couldn't understand anything if I didn't elaborate.

He pulled out the stack of papers inside the large envelope. His action looked cautious, and he seemed like he was holding his breathe. I might be reckless and stupid with my flirty behaviour but I'm observant. I learned how Park Yoochun walked when we first met, when he entered the room. He barely made any sound, like he was walking on air. He was very cautious with his steps, maybe he was afraid if he would leave prints of his shoes behind. Well, he couldn't avoid that to happen, could he?

"What do you have in here?"

"Personal information about him. Where he comes from, from which background, his education profile, his alumni..."

"All of these are true?"

"Who do you think I am? A fraud?" he pouted for a moment and then shrugged. "I investigated him from where he was working and back to his own hometown in Gwangju." he tilted his head and his eyes met mine. I could proudly say I found amusement in his eyes. He looked down back, checking the words that I typed in Jung Yunho's personal details. I even included the photocopy of his driving license and ID. It was hard to get, though and I had to pay a lot.

Jung Yunho is a very impressive guy, if I have to comment anything about him, who was actually the same age as Yoochun himself. He was a chaebol, actually but he broke away and opened a restaurant. He could live off his family fortune and stayed rich for all his life but he decided to make his own business from scratch.

"His parents are both from Gwangju, and are known as one of the richest family there. They owned estates, orchards and stuffs like that. He also has one younger sister who happened to be a top student in her university."

"I don't need to know the details about his family," Yoochun barged in.

"Ooo-kay then. Moving on..." that was when the waiter came with my dinner. I felt my face started to warm up when Yoochun glared at me. "Uh...thank you," I smiled to the waiter and he bowed down.

"Do you need anything else, sir?" he asked me, I shook my head. Then he turned to Yoochun whose expression was quite unpleasant - I'm guessing it's because of the beef soup smell - and asked him what he wanted to eat. Yoochun gave a weak smile at the waiter and asked for kimbap.

"Do you mind if I eat? I was waiting for you and I got hungry..." I was actually embarrassed that I had to eat in front of him.

"It's okay. It's my own fault that I came late," he read the documents intensely like his life depended on it. I put aside my food, and sipped my tea. "Why don't you eat?"

"Oh." I didn't want to be too rude, so I'm going to wait until his kimbap arrive so that I wouldn't be eating alone. "It's still hot. I'm just waiting for it to cool down,"

"Okay,"

"Yunho actually moved to Seoul when he was still in high school. He moved here alone. He lived in a house of five, which everyone went to the same high school. I'm still searching for the other four housemates that used to live with him. But I think..." I looked at him in the eyes. "...you wouldn't need to know."

"Why did he move to Seoul when his family is rich?"

"He was an heir, yes. But the reason of his move to Seoul was because he was offered a full scholarship to study in that particular high school. I'm still trying to find who's giving the scholarship. I will be meeting with the admin this Monday,"

"But why do you ask me to come here today when your investigation is still incomplete?"

"The thing is..." I have to tell him the lack of money I was facing. Apparently by searching the background of Jung Yunho was a lot harder than I thought. Information about him was scarce, like it didn't exist. I've gone to the high school quite many times in this week, but no one seemed to remember Jung Yunho clearly. They knew the name, they knew he was a good student but they could barely describe how exactly he was at school. They didn't know his friends nor his enemies, and after he left high school it was just that. No other achievements or something remarkable that could make him legend or something. It was like he just breezed through his high school days without any complications or recognitions.

"What's the name of the high school?"

"Province 1 High School."

I saw Yoochun's eyes suddenly widened and his body frozen. That information really bugged him.

"Didn't I put that in the paper?" I asked, and he quickly ran his eyes on the information. I swore his face turned blue when he read what I meant. He read it over and over again before he finally gasped. He actually forgot to breathe. I too found myself holding my breath.

"What else do you know?" he grabbed my hand on the table so abruptly that I nearly knocked my own beef soup.

"Just what in the papers said." he tried to read it but I think he failed because he sighed loudly. His face became red now, maybe the blood had rushed in by now.

"You don't know why he studied here in Seoul instead in Gwangju?" I shook my head. How should I know why a sixteen year old boy left home to study? Sometimes I don't get teenagers, even when I was a teenager. Now that I'm older, I thought I never would have to pick up teenagers' issue again.

"Maybe he's clever? Someone sponsored him to study in the school, but no one knows who exactly." I frantically guessed.

"Did you find out why he dropped his family fortune?"

"It's a family matter. If you want to know, I can infiltrate the parent's company and property," I said, determined. Somehow I was startled by Yoochun's questions. It wasn't like he was doubting my job, it's more like he was afraid I had crossed a line that I shouldn't.

"Halt this investigation for a while until I give you a further notice," Yoochun pulled out a brown envelope from his pocket. My eyebrows rose, I didn't expect to get /that/ much money today. He pushed it to me and gathered the papers and put it back into the envelope. Even when he was in such a hurry, he didn't make any sound louder than speaking range. "There's something that I want to do. But please do halt your investigation."

"But..."

"Accept this money. Don't call me again, until I decided you can. Don't do anything that is related to what I asked you before." he stood up, one hand holding the envelope and the other fished out his wallet. He pulled out a generous amount of money and put it on the table beside my teacup. I blinked a few times, everything was happening too fast I couldn't catch up. "I have to go. And please do enjoy your meal. The kimbap too,"

He turned around and walked away.

My mouth gaped open. What the hell? I touched my beef soup's bowl; it was still hot.

***

Yoochun's POV

As I drove home from the restaurant, my mind couldn't stop thinking about Heechul's words.

Province 1 High School. I know that high school, somewhere inside my mind. Province 1 High School, if I'm not mistaken was Junsu's high school. I'd read it somewhere in his resume, and once we went there for a gathering. There's no mistake in it. He asked me to go there together, but I couldn't recall I met anyone named Jung Yunho.

But I'm sure Junsu was from that school. If my memory wasn't wrong, that meant they really know each other since then.

But wasn't Changmin from the same high school? That means them three knew each other before.

"." the word that I muttered wasn't enough to express the storm inside myself. My emotions were so mixed up, I don't even know if I was angry or just shocked with this new information. I thought I was angry, but to whom? Junsu? Sure thing, but was he the one I should blame?

I groaned loudly. I hit the steering in front of me over and over until I felt pain. I drove to the roadside, and parked there to calm myself. If I continue driving I fear something bad would happen. I couldn't focus so I better take a precaution.

Where do I go from here? If it's true Junsu and Yunho went to the same high school, why did I stop his investigation? It's possible that they started dating in high school and Changmin did know Yunho before me. He was the one who came to Junsu first at the hotel when Junsu broke down.

So, why did I felt like something was fishy when I knew they went to the same school? And...Yunho was under a scholarship. What scholarship?

What if the scholarship was from Park Group? That would make sense if no one knew about it. No one under our scholarship was going to say a word about it. But if he's under Park scholarship, then he must have some sort of ability.

I should make sure if he's one of 220 before I let Heechul proceeds with the investigation, or else I would be the one who revealed the greatest secret about Park Group.

I took a deep breath. I reached out at the seat beside me, tried to grab on my phone. It's not there. My hand roamed to my pocket, my pants' pockets and the dashboard but it was nowhere to be found.

. I left it at the restaurant. I hit the gas, I've got to get back to Heechul.

***

Heechul his lips after he finished his last bite of his omurice. Even though the omurice and beef soup didn't look as presentable as he imagined, both part of his dinner were tasty. He however couldn't finish Yoochun's kimbap, so as to not waste it he asked the waiter to put it in any container so that he could take it home.

Suddenly he heard a ring. It's not his ringtone. He frowned when he saw a phone on the table which he didn't notice before because it was hidden behind his beef soup bowl. He took it, and saw the name of the caller.

My Junsu.

Without much thinking, he pressed the green button.

"Hello?"

"Yoochun? Where are you? Where did you go?" the caller's voice was fast and anxious.

"Uh...Junsu-ssi, this is not Yoochun. He's not here." the line was silent for a moment.

"Then, who's this? Why did Yoochun's phone with you?" he sounded angry suddenly, which made Heechul's frown grew. Now, he remembers who this Junsu was. He was Yoochun's secretary.

But why did Junsu sound so defensive?

"He left it here. I'll return it to him, don't worry."

"Who are you? Did you steal the phone?" now that made Heechul angry.

"Hey, excuse me. I didn't steal anything from him. He left it here. Where? I'm not going to tell anything to you. Don't worry, I know Park Yoochun," Heechul retorted. He ended the call abruptly. The phone was pushed harshly inside his backpack and he dashed outside the restaurant without sparing any look at the bowing waiter at the door.

A/N so, do you think how Junsu will react?

annyeong everyone! i'm sorry for the late update, i have been extremely busy! i couldn't even meet my laptop and i had been missing him since two weeks ago. but now i'm back and please look forward to the faster update! hehehe~

thank you for reading, and please comment, subscribe if you like it!